Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ConeDodger
It is an ASSumption blink.gif to say we haven't talked to the hotel up front. It is an ASSumption blink.gif to say you are required to register for both days of the autocross. It is an ASSumption to say there are no other activities planned. It is an ASSumption blink.gif to say there is no organized tour planned (especially when it is already stated that the 'drive' will be Friday). It is an ASSumption blink.gif to say that there are no alternatives to the autocross on Saturday.

Why don't ya'll just settle down and wait till the full schedule is announced before you start criticizing? lol-2.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks for posting Rob. These events are a alot of work. I didn't realize the AX was just announced as a teaser to the event. I'll wait patiently for the full schedule.

In the mean time, Lets get this motel booked solid! It would be cool to see more 914's in one place than we have ever had! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif
Mikey914
Allways figured Rob as a ASS man. biggrin.gif
mstein95
Might have to miss this one sad.gif
April is bad for us accountant types and with kids in school.

Might reserve a room just in case (ala Jamie)
raw1298
I will be missing this one too. Kid in school and my 2nd qtr. inventory is that weekend as well. Sounds like a great time is planned!
jcd914
Oh Man! I have a conflicting event the same weekend and now I am going to have to decide which to go to sad.gif
Both are annual events.
Both involve lots of beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
Both have friends I only see at these events.

confused24.gif
scrz914
piratenanner.gif Awesome! I'm still coming down from the high of Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna. This will be a great follow up. I'm there.
Elliot Cannon
I'll most definately be there. I haven't missed one since 2004. I'm a big fan of (watching) auto cross and I've actually eaten at the Dennys there. As for the neighbors around the hotel? They are welcome to join us and if any of them show up, I'll pour them a shot of Casadores. beer3.gif
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 7 2012, 05:39 AM) *

I'd like to see a alternative for Saturday,such as a saecond drive. Monterey has many great scenic spots. I remember dring to Big Sur from Monterey, an easy day trip,.

To attend the WCR and have 2 full days of AX may limit the interest, I know it changes my mind

The motel issue has to be addressed somehow. If the turnout is anything like past years, there will be late night activities. The motel is gonnahave to know up front

Planning events is always a challenge, please clarify the issues being raised by members: and, make changes if they make sense. Thanks for taking on the task

Are you saying you might actually driving.gif your 914 to this event?? laugh.gif Doesn't that violate your 40 mile radius rule? lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland

Are you saying you might actually driving.gif your 914 to this event?? laugh.gif Doesn't that violate your 40 mile radius rule? lol-2.gif

I will make an exception since I've driven to Carmel/Monterey several times in the 914 already. Plus, I want to take an updated picture near Sunset Beach where the pic below was taken. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Watch for the official registration forum soon, maybe even this weekend... piratenanner.gif

All official activities and alternative activities will be announced at that time... cheer.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 6 2012, 08:01 PM) *

I'd like to make this if I can but currently have a conflict on the Sat/Sun. Are one day passes available for the Friday?

agree.gif
beerchug.gif
aircooledtechguy
Just got my reservation in. I think my wife is actually excited about going aktion035.gif driving.gif
RoadGlue
Yes, maybe! No plans for April yet, and I should have enough PTO saved up to go and still get married (with days off) in June.

I'll confirm soonish. Not worried about the hotel.

Thanks!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Feb 9 2012, 11:57 PM) *

Yes, maybe! No plans for April yet, and I should have enough PTO saved up to go and still get married (with days off) in June.

Thanks!

Randy you have to come! We aren't even sure we approve of Logan yet. mad.gif (though I'm sure we will) biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 10 2012, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Feb 9 2012, 11:57 PM) *

Thanks!

Randy you have to come! We aren't even sure we approve of Logan yet. mad.gif (though I'm sure we will) biggrin.gif

Then I guess we'll have to make it!

Logan used to come along to some of the later RoadGlue runs. Hmm, I know she was at the Bovine Bash... smile.gif

She's a bit of a tomboy, but she done cleenze up nice and all - http://www.thinktankphoto.com/uploads/images/rw1tn.jpg

We've had so many meets in the rain that I think it's just fine as long as we have places to congregate that are dry. Just need to plan a tad.
Cairo94507
I want to come but it will likely just be a drive down to Monterey and see what is going on and then return home the same day. Most likely a Sat or Sun trip. My father-in-law expressed some interest so it might be a car full with the wife and her brother as well. Any recommendations on the which day might be the best to look at all of the cars? Thanks for the help. Michael
pt_700
i'd probably be in for a day trip as well. looking forward to meeting some of the out of towners!
RUNNINGWOLF
I'm booked. Will registration announcement come from this thread? WTF.gif
ConeDodger
Registration will be in a separate thread. I will be talking to Mark tomorrow and we can probably get it up and going soon...
jeeperjohn56
Rob, Are you guy's having T-Shirt's made? and will there be a pre-order for them? John
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Feb 13 2012, 12:57 AM) *

Rob, Are you guy's having T-Shirt's made? and will there be a pre-order for them? John

Yes. T-shirt design is in process. A single t-shirt in your ordered size will be included in registration. Anyone else will be able to order as well. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
Ooh. I might be able to make this one...
Chris Hamilton
To clarify one point, the autocross on Saturday will be run by GGR and the autocross on Sunday will be run by LPR. No big differences there, but the online registration on motorsportreg for the events will be separate for both days.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Feb 14 2012, 03:45 PM) *

To clarify one point, the autocross on Saturday will be run by GGR and the autocross on Sunday will be run by LPR. No big differences there, but the online registration on motorsportreg for the events will be separate for both days.

Chris, We know that. We have Bill (Borderline) on our planning team to liaison with you guys from GGR for Saturday. Not sure how many people will stick around for Sunday but I will for sure. We are aware of the Motorsportsreg and it will be included on our registration thread.
Rich Bontempi
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 4 2012, 09:08 PM) *

Ok restless natives! The time has come to announce the dates for WCR 2012!

Let's all Ramble in the dunes! This years WCR will be held in the Monterey California area.

The dates are April 26th through April 29th...

Some will want to arrive the 25th and get an early start on the parking lot festivities! Others will drift in on the 26th...

Our headquarters will be the Motel 6 at 100 Reservation Road in Marina, just North of Monterey! Rooms will average $50 - $60 a night...

Below is a link so you can make your reservations...

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_d...l.aspx?num=1026

Should be lots of fun with a two day autocross thrown in for good measure! Both days will be at the massive Marina site at the airport. The second day is Sunday the 29th which some will use as a travel day but stick around if you want and show us what you got!

Lots to see and do so bring the family! More details to come! Who's in???

I've got my room!
JeffBowlsby
No pressure...but just an inquiry. Whats the status of the Limo project...will it make this event?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 16 2012, 06:31 PM) *

No pressure...but just an inquiry. Whats the status of the Limo project...will it make this event?

agree.gif
ConeDodger
If I might speak to that by proxy, Mark's shop has really started to take off. Mark has 2 guys working with him full time now. Andy seems busier too. I think to finish it, we would need to organize a few "Limo Days at the OC"... I can do that but let's get through WCR 2012 first blink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 17 2012, 08:52 AM) *

If I might speak to that by proxy, Mark's shop has really started to take off. Mark has 2 guys working with him full time now. Andy seems busier too. I think to finish it, we would need to organize a few "Limo Days at the OC"... I can do that but let's get through WCR 2012 first blink.gif

Good for Mark! beerchug.gif He's starting to become just like the plumber who needs to fix his own toilet. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 17 2012, 06:52 AM) *
Andy seems busier too.

Yeah, no kidding! dry.gif

I hired 4 guys over the last 6 months and somehow i still have to work 8 hours a day.
WTF.gif

Limo Days @ The OC! ™ sounds like a great idea ...
smash.gif
montoya 73 2.0

I feel so bad for you Andy! Working a whole 8 hours headbang.gif .

I was just told 10 hour days at the minimum for the next year! type.gif Possible Saturdays also! More money for the projects screwy.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
porscheblake
how do i actually register? or do i just book a hotel room and show up? this will be my 1st year the car should hopefully be road worthy by than... thank you
jcd914
QUOTE(porscheblake @ Feb 22 2012, 03:48 PM) *

how do i actually register? or do i just book a hotel room and show up? this will be my 1st year the car should hopefully be road worthy by than... thank you

For now just sound off here if you are coming (and how many others you plan to bring) and book a room.

Latter on there will be a well publicized registration form posted.

Jim
Justinp71
I'll be there... hotel booked. Only two months left!
EdwardBlume
I will go in one form or another. It's hard to figure out having a street 914, a race 914 (no street), one trailer, one tow car, an RV and just one driver. blink.gif
jeffdon
Room booked! Am counting down the days now.
jim_hoyland
60 days to go... smile.gif
Cambo
Wow, haven't been on the World in a while, I have to see if I can make this one, I love Monterey, never took the little car there. Going to check the calendar...
porscheblake
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 22 2012, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(porscheblake @ Feb 22 2012, 03:48 PM) *

For now just sound off here if you are coming (and how many others you plan to bring) and book a room.

Latter on there will be a well publicized registration form posted.

Jim

thank you jim... it will just be me and one other person.

Blake
strawman
My old plans changed, so I might be able to make it for a day or two (assuming the better half gives me permission). Of course, this will be my third WCR and my car is STILL not done...
nathansnathan
I've booked a room, meeting my girlfriend in Monterey.
The 914 isn't going to be ready, but I'm excited to see other people's 914's.
McMark
...meeting my girlfriend in Monterey.

Which agency did you order her from? av-943.gif

Just kidding ya! poke.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
Where is registration for event?
It's getting close.....
RUNNINGWOLF
How many do we have going?
It's always a blast!
This will my fourth one, can't wait.
Are we going to Laguna Race track, cannery row,
Etc! beerchug.gif
malaga_red75
I'll be there for my first one this year!

Hopefully I will have the 5-lug conversion done by then.

My dad might also come and bring his C4S

-Peter
larryM
fyi - same weekend is Pacific Coast Dream Machines in Half Moon Bay

- close enuf to caravan

Dream Machines

did i mention that the coastal drive from Santa Cruz north is stunning?

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 2 2012, 12:21 PM) *

Where is registration for event?
It's getting close.....

icon_bump.gif
Andyrew
Just given the Go ahead, but Im not going to make the whole event. Rob, when is an event schedule to be launched? Are you fielding this one or who is the official coordinator?
1973-914-2L
Looks like I joined the world at the right time .... gonna try to make it Andyrew makes it sounds like a blast ... looking forward to it .....

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.