Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Eddie914
I very much want to go ... but I will be writing a BIG check to my plumber next week! The main sewer line for our house is broken UNDER the street. The city requires the homeowner to replace the damaged roadway (in this case CONCRETE). No money to play! sad.gif

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Apr 12 2012, 07:25 PM) *

I very much want to go ... but I will be writing a BIG check to my plumber next week! The main sewer line for our house is broken UNDER the street. The city requires the homeowner to replace the damaged roadway (in this case CONCRETE). No money to play! sad.gif

The city pays for that crap down here. You should move... biggrin.gif
JRust
Dang this came quick. Trying to see if i can swing it. I did reserve my room so i am covered there. Just seeing if my wife can get wednesday off. Not sure i will make the trip solo
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 12 2012, 07:35 PM) *

Dang this came quick. Trying to see if i can swing it. I did reserve my room so i am covered there. Just seeing if my wife can get wednesday off. Not sure i will make the trip solo

I think you are feeling too sick for work next week drunk.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

You know that marrying money is a full time job, I don't need the aggravation I'm a lazy slob, hang five - at WCR 2012!
JRust
I am not going to make it. I just cancelled my reservation at the motel. It's my twin 16 year old daughters first Prom. As unready as I feel to see them in their dress. I wouldn't miss it for anything. So no WCR for me this year. Everyone have fun biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Less than two weeks! Shine 'em up!! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

We are getting seriously close! Get those last minute registrations in so we can all have fun together! biggrin.gif
glazierd
Sounds like a good time in the making- Surgery will keep me from this one- dry.gif
next time!
Mike Bellis
I gat mine running! Who's coming to WCR 2012? The end of times WCR... drunk.gif

Click to view attachment
CrashDown
I'd love to go, but I can't make it down on thursday or friday. I would have to drive down saturday Morning. Is anyone else from the bay area doing that? I dont want to make the trip by myself...
ConeDodger

A week and a half! Oh My God!!! w00t.gif
RoadGlue
Hey guys! Happy freaking Monday. Getting a little frustrated. Been trying to find out what time Ken's drive on Saturday is starting now for the past few weeks, but have only been given half-answers and no start time. I'm pretty close to having to bail on this event, as the start time does dictate where we're staying (Monterey $$) vs. Santa Cruz (free). The Santa Cruz accommodations are awkward for this weekend, and we're feeling the budget crunch with our wedding coming up in less than two months.

Where's Ken? The whole reason we're heading down is for the run on Saturday. Details are needed desperately now. Sorry, I've tried the super "hey, some details would be great" approach, and it has gotten me squat other than, "it's going to be a great drive, trust us!"

Help a brother out! smile.gif
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 16 2012, 10:05 AM) *

Help a brother out! smile.gif

agree.gif I thought the drive was scheduled for Friday (4/27) 9:14am from the Motel parking lot. Is one also scheduled for Saturday (4/28)? Planing is tough when there's only limited info to work with. confused24.gif
RoadGlue
Two drives, two days. The one on Friday is headed to back up 1 to Scott's Valley, etc. I'm working Friday, so I can't be there. Saturday's drive is being put together by Ken, but there's no info about start times, etc. I'll send Ken a PM if I don't hear back by this evening. smile.gif
MartyYeoman
Thanks for the clarity Randy.
popcorn[1].gif
McMark
The Friday drive looks like it's planning on leaving around 9:30a.
I suspect that Sat. will be the same, but I've PMd Ken to see about details.
mightyohm
Wish I could join you guys. Amusingly, I'll be in California that weekend for another car event: http://www.thesnowballrally.com/
matthepcat
Some bay area folks are coming down Saturday morning, attempting to arrive at 9AM. I think that the Saturday drive should start no earlier than 9:14AM.
dem
This is my plan too - roll down Saturday morning for the drive/lunch. Hopefully something comes together.

I'll be doing Cupertino to 85 to 17 to Summit, to Old San Jose to Soquel to Monterey. I'll be leaving Cupertino at 7:45 if anyone wants to link up here.

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 16 2012, 11:37 PM) *

Some bay area folks are coming down Saturday morning, attempting to arrive at 9AM. I think that the Saturday drive should start no earlier than 9:14AM.

ConeDodger

Just a week and a half and you should pack up and leave for WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes!
matthepcat
Good call on the route. Here is a thread where some Saturday folks are getting organized: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=176862

QUOTE(dem @ Apr 17 2012, 05:46 AM) *

This is my plan too - roll down Saturday morning for the drive/lunch. Hopefully something comes together.

I'll be doing Cupertino to 85 to 17 to Summit, to Old San Jose to Soquel to Monterey. I'll be leaving Cupertino at 7:45 if anyone wants to link up here.

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 16 2012, 11:37 PM) *

ConeDodger

One week till us out of towners launch out of the driveways... When will you leave for WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes? biggrin.gif
larryM
too many different threads on this event -

is there a complete event schedule posted anywhere, with locations for each sub-event?

kenschipper
WCR Saturday Twisty Road Tour

Marina to Arroyo Seco Campgrounds picnic area and back. This is a great route on par with some of the best in the past WCR's. And it's occurring at the best time of the year.

Full day with lunch at the campgrounds. Bring your own lunch or we can arrange it and have it transported out.

This drive starts at Marina Motel 6 at 9:14 on Saturday.
There is a $10.00 per vehicle day use fee.

We start by heading south out of Marina towards the Laguna Seca Raceway. Just past the entrance to Laguna Seca we head over Larules Grade Road to Carmel Valley (one of Road and Track's top 10 roads - only about 5 miles, but they are fun miles.) The drive then head out Carmel Valley Rd. for about an hour of very fun two lane low traffice driving. We stop at Arroyo Seco (Google Arroyo Seco Campgrounds for photos) for lunch along the creek. From here we head back via river road to Marina. About 1 to 1 1/2 hours each way.

I will add a map shortly.

PM me if you would like to be a guide for this trip. This means that you will get a spot in the group to help is we get divided up. In my experience the back cars in the tour usually run the hardest and fastest.

Ken Schipper
kenschipper
WCR 2012 Route Map for Saturday Drive

The route out is much twister that it looks. The numbers are primarily there to get the route on the map correctly. #3 is Arroyo Secco where we will have lunch.

Click to view attachment
kenschipper
WCR 2012 Route Directions for Saturday Drive

Head West from Motel 6 to CA-1

Take the ramp onto CA-1 S

Take exit 401B to merge onto CA-68 E/Monterey Salinas Hwy/Salinas Hwy toward Salinas

Continue to follow CA-68 E/Monterey Salinas Hwy
Turn right onto Laureles Grade

Turn left onto W Carmel Valley Rd/Co Rd G16
Destination will be on the right

Head southeast on W Carmel Valley Rd/Co Rd G16 toward Del Fino Pl

Turn right onto E Carmel Valley Rd/Co Rd G16/Jamesburg-Arroyo Seco Rd

Continue to follow E Carmel Valley Rd/Co Rd G16

Turn right onto Arroyo Seco Rd

Head east on Arroyo Seco Rd/Forest Route 19S09

Continue to follow Arroyo Seco Rd
Destination will be on the right

Head north on Arroyo Seco Rd/Co Rd G17 toward Clark Rd

Turn left onto Co Rd G17/Fort Romie Rd

Head northwest on Co Rd G17/Fort Romie Rd toward Mission Rd

Turn right to stay on Co Rd G17/Fort Romie Rd
Continue to follow Co Rd G17

Head northwest on Co Rd G17/River Rd toward Gonzales River Rd

Turn left to stay on Co Rd G17/River Rd
Turn left to stay on Co Rd G17/River Rd

Head northwest on Co Rd G17/River Rd toward Parker Rd

Continue to follow Co Rd G17

Turn left onto Del Monte Blvd

Destination Marina Motel 6 will be on the right

Chris Hamilton
Or if that route is a bit too long for you, try this one on Saturday instead biggrin.gif

IPB Image
kenschipper
WCR 2012 Saturday Drive - Photos of Arroyo Seco - our lunch stop

The picnic area is on a sandy beach next to the river.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
My guess is, Canepa Design is NOT on this route? Correct?
Rand
Canepa is on Friday right?
Tough choices for Saturday... That water looks awesome but I'm thinking chilly this time of year. Always love the AX. Hmm.
biosurfer1
FYI, my parents live in Santa Cruz and they are predicting 84 degrees this weekend. I know Monterey is usually cooler, but not that much cooler. If this carries over until next weekend, it could be amazing weather!
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 18 2012, 08:37 PM) *

FYI, my parents live in Santa Cruz and they are predicting 84 degrees this weekend. I know Monterey is usually cooler, but not that much cooler. If this carries over until next weekend, it could be amazing weather!

After this looooooooong weeeeeeet and cooooooooold winter we've had this year, I'm reeeeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllly looking forward to some nice weather for a change. . . pray.gif driving.gif pray.gif
kenschipper
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 18 2012, 08:29 PM) *

My guess is, Canepa Design is NOT on this route? Correct?

Canepa Design will be on Friday. I believe they will be closed on Saturday (car show in Half Moon Bay) so we ended up switching Friday/Saturday routes.
ConeDodger

One week from today I will be tooling down the freeway with a 914 bold in my rear view... Damn thing will be following me close all the way to Monterey and I will not be able to get the damn thing off my tail no matter how fast or how slow I go! Then, I'll realize - "Oh! It's WCR2012! Ramble in the Dunes!" and take the 914 off the trailer. Gotta love my autopilot life...
Porcharu
Payment sent, and I got Mueller to come with me!
Steve
ConeDodger

In just one week - those of us lucky enough to be at WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes will be in the parking lot, tossing one back and toasting 9:14PM... biggrin.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif wacko.gif
ConeDodger

One week from today the WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes kids will wake up with one eye open and think "Oh! What did I drink last night"... blink.gif Sign up boys and girls! Let's get this party started!
smokey
icon_bump.gif

I will pay at the gate..
Not hungry..
biggrin.gif
smoke.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 19 2012, 01:39 PM) *

Steve

Cool!
biosurfer1
Don't look now, but we more than 50 crazy mofos registered now!
ConeDodger

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 21 2012, 09:23 PM) *

Don't look now, but we more than 50 crazy mofos registered now!

Not to mention, I saw Al Weidman today at the SVR autocross in Sacramento and he says he will come down and bring his wife Susan! Love - love - love that Al will be there! He is such a big part of 914 and Porsche history! biggrin.gif
dgw
I just saw the route for Saturday's drive. Laureles grade, carmel valley road and river road are an absolute blast to drive, great road choices. Unfortunately I won't be there as I have a Saturday commitment.
Is the Friday drive just up to Canepa's and back? I wish they were swapped but it is what it is.
ConeDodger

Almost time to get your Ramble on! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Is there any more detail on the timeline of events? Mainly the dinners. Do you have any idea how many people are AXing Sat / Sun?

I am trying to figure out how to coordinate the 2 914s, the family, and events.
Mueller
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 19 2012, 01:39 PM) *

Steve

Yep, I just sent biosurfer a payment as well. Hope not too late.

Leaving Antioch Friday in the AM'ish time frame.
biosurfer1
nope, not too late. Looking forward to finally meeting you!
EdwardBlume
I'm in. beer.gif

JimN73
Paid and reserved at Motel 6. I'm leaving here Friday morning and will try to meed the group at Canepa. Lunch for sure.

If anyone else is leaving the East Bay at 9:30 to 10:00 on Friday, perhaps we could go down together - safety in numbers.

Jim
Mueller
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 23 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Paid and reserved at Motel 6. I'm leaving here Friday morning and will try to meed the group at Canepa. Lunch for sure.

If anyone else is leaving the East Bay at 9:30 to 10:00 on Friday, perhaps we could go down together - safety in numbers.

Jim

I could meet up with you near San Leandro , as long as you don't mind being followed by an non-914 vehicle (it'll still be German smile.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.