Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2015: 914-6 GT - the Giant Killers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 21 2015, 08:36 PM) *

I am an engine swap and some front and rear wheel bearings away with luck. One motor out and fixed and is now ready to go in. Have to get the motor out of the LE and get wheel bearings done. Still a possibility. I'm not out yet.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

The Donald is baaaaaccckkk! cheer.gif
Mblizzard
Part 1 of suspension upgrade done. Should be a huge improvement over the KYBs. And these are Koni adjustable!

New ball joints and turbo tie rods next.

Click to view attachment
Wdunster
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Jul 21 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Would love to attend, but will be at a wedding in New York state between my nephew - Army Ranger LtCol (3 tours to Afghanistan and 2 to Iraq) and his beautiful wife-to-be - Army full Colonel doctor. Maybe next year.

George

Hoooo aaaah!
db9146
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 24 2015, 08:43 PM) *

Part 1 of suspension upgrade done. Should be a huge improvement over the KYBs. And these are Koni adjustable!

Click to view attachment

What spring rate are you running?

I just made the same swap out on mine w/ some 140-250 progressive springs. Really helped the ride.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(db9146 @ Jul 24 2015, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 24 2015, 08:43 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What spring rate are you running?

I just made the same swap out on mine w/ some 140-250 progressive springs. Really helped the ride.

Went with 150 lb. Not to harsh and with the adjustable Konis I should be able to firm it up for drives like Okteenerfest!
naro914
Reminder - sign up or you'll be missing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dh_n-AlDDQ
Mblizzard
Getting ready for that! Just installed turbo tie rods, new ball joints, and front rubber bushings. A bit of time to set the ride height and get it aligned and I think I will be ready.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 26 2015, 07:21 PM) *

Getting ready for that! Just installed turbo tie rods, new ball joints, and front rubber bushings. A bit of time to set the ride height and get it aligned and I think I will be ready.

Awesome! I did that last year right before that trip and car handled like new! (Still does)!
Once you get that ride height set you will be very happy! And set for another 30 years wink.gif
Mblizzard
The good folks at World Upholstery & Trim are sending a set of high quality 914 embroidered floor mats. Will fit all years. I will post a picture as soon as I get them. Assuming they are not lost in the mail. shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
I know you guys get tired of seeing all of the posts I add for the sponsors for this event. But this is a huge one worth reading.

Click to view attachment

I think we all know Mark at 914 Rubber has always been a huge supporter of the 914. His development of a new dash for the 914 has created quite a stir. Mark has invested a huge amount of time and effort in this development process and I know I am buying one. pray.gif

But Mark is actually going to offer up one of the new dashes as a prize for Okteenerfest! I know many of us need and/or want this. So sign up today as this is a chance of a lifetime to get a new dash for your 914.

Where else are you going to get that?
shadygrady
I was first to reserve a room, but DUH! I just realized that I needed to register for the event. So now I am registered. Check is in mail.
naro914
Mike
we are soooo not tired of your posts!! And I'm sure the sponsors aren't either!

All...Mike took on the role of corraling sponsors and door prize donations a couple years ago and has done an AWESOME job!! Seriously, there are things you could win that are worth WAY more than the registration fee!!

And don't worry, you will not win something you don't want. We do door prizes in a way that you can only win something you're actually interested in.

So...you have 7 weeks to get that 914 running and join us for some driving, showing and socializing fun! (and yes Grady...I was wondering what happened to you!!)
poorsche914
Last year at this time: (26) 914s and (39) attendees.

Just took a count and we are at...

(35) 914s and (57) attendees piratenanner.gif

I see a LOT of new names on the list. Can't wait to meet them all and check out their 914s!

driving.gif
rmdinmd
Just registered and reserved room. will be looking forward to this. driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 11 2015, 05:52 AM) *

So a little birdie told me that if we get 50 914's, Dr914 said he and Steve will be bringing the two M471 GT cars!!!

If you haven't figured out by now - the Dr is delusional at Best. Steve is not bringing the Strenger!

I'm still trying to figure a way to be there. I can't see anyway my Spyder will be there even though it should be finished. I've got Work Stuff before and Race Stuff after. I might just leave from work in my Ricer and show up!
poorsche914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 29 2015, 10:11 PM) *
I might just leave from work in my Ricer and show up!

That is totally acceptable... just show up biggrin.gif

driving.gif
carr914
I registered - it says to send a Check to Bob with no address - is Naro to be Trusted? av-943.gif

Mblizzard
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 29 2015, 06:23 PM) *

I registered - it says to send a Check to Bob with no address - is Naro to be Trusted? av-943.gif

I think the address comes in the confirmation email. Bob is pretty trustworthy. It is me you have to worry about showing up with all of the prizes!
naro914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 29 2015, 10:23 PM) *

Absolutely not!! I really need a lot more people to register, we have a big vacation coming up and you guys are not doing enough to help pay for it! beer3.gif

Actually...once you registered there should have been a confirmation page that came up with an address, but it will also be in the email.

Glad you can make it TC. and BRING THE 914!!! I really want to see a TC creation in person!!
naro914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 29 2015, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 29 2015, 06:23 PM) *

I think the address comes in the confirmation email. Bob is pretty trustworthy. It is me you have to worry about showing up with all of the prizes!

Yeah...I always wonder what door prizes were sent to you and never mentioned. Your car has REALLY gotten nice over the past few years!

I suspect that Koni may have donated a new set of shocks, but we will never know will we??? lol-2.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 29 2015, 09:29 PM) *

driving.gif

At what point does it become big enough to get the attention of PCA?
DRPHIL914
Mike, that car is looking good! how do you like the ride height with those? i just went to the bilistein sports on mine, and am trying to decide whether to stay with the 100# shorter weltmeister springs, or the longer 90# stock ones. Right now to get clearance on my fenders witht the 7" fuchs i needed them to sit higher, so i'm set on the top retainer. just wondering about where you have yours set at this point.

I dont know if i will have time to sort it out, but i might be acquiring #2 914, and its a very clean mostly original car (75) . the current caretaker and world member will probably be able to give more info, but mums the word until we take care of business.
Since my car (my 75 copper metalic) needs some rust repair that concerns me, if i can get #2 going great, otherwise i have registered and will be there with #1-it will have to come and i'll take my chances!! last year i had just completed all the stuff you are doing right now- you will be glad you did.
-Phil
naro914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 30 2015, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 29 2015, 09:29 PM) *

driving.gif

At what point does it become big enough to get the attention of PCA?

Being a 914 Registy event, it technically does already. But...in order to get a write up into Pano, someone has to write it AND submit it!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 30 2015, 08:58 AM) *
Being a 914 Registy event, it technically does already. But...in order to get a write up into Pano, someone has to write it AND submit it!!

idea.gif type.gif yellowsleep[1].gif huh.gif yellowsleep[1].gif poke.gif confused24.gif gint.gif
poorsche914
Time for some "by the numbers" analysis type.gif

Attendees will be traveling from the following states:
(2) AL
(5) FL
(9) GA
(2) IL
(1) KY
(2) MD
(21) NC
(2) OH
(5) SC
(9) TN
(2) VA

Stay tuned for model years, colors, engines, and so much more!

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 30 2015, 04:42 AM) *

Mike, that car is looking good! how do you like the ride height with those? i just went to the bilistein sports on mine, and am trying to decide whether to stay with the 100# shorter weltmeister springs, or the longer 90# stock ones. Right now to get clearance on my fenders witht the 7" fuchs i needed them to sit higher, so i'm set on the top retainer. just wondering about where you have yours set at this point.

I dont know if i will have time to sort it out, but i might be acquiring #2 914, and its a very clean mostly original car (75) . the current caretaker and world member will probably be able to give more info, but mums the word until we take care of business.
Since my car (my 75 copper metalic) needs some rust repair that concerns me, if i can get #2 going great, otherwise i have registered and will be there with #1-it will have to come and i'll take my chances!! last year i had just completed all the stuff you are doing right now- you will be glad you did.
-Phil

The shorter ones are the way to go. With the adjustable shock you can run a higher rate and still get a good ride.

Good luck on the cars! I want to do a V-8 conversion next.
Mblizzard
Despite the attacks on my integrity (albeit not necessarily unwarranted - have you seen some of this stuff?) some really great stuff from our sponsors has started rolling in.

Ecklers sent some cool Porsche hats and gift certificates!

Click to view attachment

Thanks!

Mblizzard
Some heavy metal from the great folks at Restoration Design.

Click to view attachment

I have a few weak spots in this area on my car so this is a part I want!
poorsche914
Hmmm, so nothing from PP or Tangerine or... idea.gif
Gonna have to check your 914 shades.gif
Might want to dig out your receipts happy11.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Some more "by the numbers" analysis type.gif

Once again, we will have every model year represented piratenanner.gif
(4) 1970
(4) 1971
(5) 1972
(8) 1973
(10) 1974
(4) 1975
(2) 1976

Stay tuned for colors, engines, and much more!

driving.gif
iwanta914-6
Three things prevent me from attending Okteenerfest:

1) distance

2) Lack of owning a 914

3) I'll be at OKTOBERFEST in Munich beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
naro914
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jul 31 2015, 04:48 PM) *

Three things prevent me from attending Okteenerfest:

1) distance

2) Lack of owning a 914

3) I'll be at OKTOBERFEST in Munich beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

1 and 2 are no excuse...but I'll let you slide on #3!! beerchug.gif

1) Minnesota is not too far!
2) You have 6 weeks to buy one, get moving!!
3) Well....I'd be there right with you if I could!!

Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 31 2015, 12:43 PM) *

Hmmm, so nothing from PP or Tangerine or... idea.gif
Gonna have to check your 914 shades.gif
Might want to dig out your receipts happy11.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Some more "by the numbers" analysis type.gif

Once again, we will have every model year represented piratenanner.gif
(4) 1970
(4) 1971
(5) 1972
(8) 1973
(10) 1974
(4) 1975
(2) 1976

Stay tuned for colors, engines, and much more!

driving.gif

I have not been able to pin either of them down yet but I did just spring for a EVO IV muffler from Chris! Yes Steve I will show you the receipt. That would not be possible to keep quite!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 31 2015, 07:49 PM) *
... I did just spring for a EVO IV muffler from Chris!

Very cool. Can't wait to hear it.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Just wanted to give you the info on the 50% sway bar Tarett is offering for Okteenerfest.

Click to view attachment

Yep that's about $300! If we are likely to have some takers on this let me know and I will see if Tarett will ship it to the event so it would be available to go home with someone!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 1 2015, 01:35 AM) *
If we are likely to have some takers on this let me know and I will see if Tarett will ship it to the event so it would be available to go home with someone!

If no one else wants it, I will definitely put my ticket in for that. Don't need it at this point but maybe someday down the road confused24.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 1 2015, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 1 2015, 01:35 AM) *
If we are likely to have some takers on this let me know and I will see if Tarett will ship it to the event so it would be available to go home with someone!

If no one else wants it, I will definitely put my ticket in for that. Don't need it at this point but maybe someday down the road confused24.gif

driving.gif

Steve this is a 50% off deal. Meaning you get a $600 set up for about $300. So some people may or may not want to pay the remaining $300 right away. If lots of people so heck yea I want it at the event then we would have it shipped.
poorsche914
Of the (38) 914s registered, here is the engine breakdown (no pun intended):

STOCK ENGINE:
(1) 1.8 /4
(17) 2.0 /4
(4) 1.7 /4

NONSTOCK ENGINE:
1911/4
2056/4
2056/4
2056/4 dual 40 IDF webers
2.8/4 twin plug
2.4/6
2.4/6 mfi punched to 2.7 rs spec
2.4/6 E cams 10:1 comp
2.5/6
2.5/6 race motor
2.7/6
2.7/6 dual plugs, solex cams.
2.8 Twin Plug
3.2/6
3.6/6
LS2 Corvette

driving.gif
naro914
Wow!! Gonna be some diverse and interesting teeners there!!

Just a reminder, the room block is being held until August 17. After that, you may have a tough time getting a room and there really aren't many places around there as options.

So sign up, get your room, and get your 914 ready for a wonderful weekend!
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 29 2015, 10:23 PM) *

I never got the eMail. But I also found out I have to be in Sebring for a Photo Shoot for the Race Team & Sponsor deal
Mblizzard
Not sure of what all is in the package but the great folks at Zymol car care have sent a package containing some 30 lbs of serious car care products.

Will post the details soon!

Click to view attachment
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 2 2015, 04:38 PM) *

Of the (38) 914s registered, here is the engine breakdown (no pun intended):

STOCK ENGINE:
(1) 1.8 /4
(17) 2.0 /4
(4) 1.7 /4

NONSTOCK ENGINE:
1911/4
2056/4
2056/4
2056/4 dual 40 IDF webers
2.8/4 twin plug
2.4/6
2.4/6 mfi punched to 2.7 rs spec
2.4/6 E cams 10:1 comp
2.5/6
2.5/6 race motor
2.7/6
2.7/6 dual plugs, solex cams.
2.8 Twin Plug
3.2/6
3.6/6
LS2 Corvette

driving.gif

+1 2270/4 driving.gif

Sorry I'm so late, but I had to nail down our move date to make sure it would not interfere... move is Sept. 1, so all clear! beerchug.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Aug 4 2015, 12:49 PM) *
Sorry I'm so late, but I had to nail down our move date to make sure it would not interfere... move is Sept. 1, so all clear! beerchug.gif

Glad to see you will make it Steve.

We currently have 41 cars with 63 attendees registered. As Bob mentioned earlier, be sure to book your hotel room soon as any rooms left from the reserved block will be released on Aug 17

And now for some more numbers fun...

FACTORY COLORs:
(2) alaska blue met
(3) ancona blue met
(2) bahia red
(2) black
(3) canary yellow
(1) copper met
(1) green met
(1) diamond silver met
(2) irish green
(1) LE bumble bee
(2) LE creamsicle
(1) light ivory
(1) ravenna green
(1) signal orange
(8) silver met
(1) sunflower yellow

CUSTOM COLORS:
(1) Grand Prix White
(1) Gray
(1) green and orange
(1) Opal blue
(1) Red, White & Yellow!
(1) Sebring Green
(1) Sunoco Yellow/blue
(1) Viper yellow
(1) Yellow with Graphics

WOW! Talk about a rainbow of colors aktion035.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
Attendees were asked "When did the addiction begin?"
Here are the results:
ADDICTION BEGAN:
(3) 1970
(1) 1971
(3) 1972
(2) 1973
(2) 1975
(2) 1978
(2) 1979
(1) 1981
(2) 1982
(2) 1985
(2) 1986
(1) 1988
(1) 1990
(1) 1992
(1) 1993
(1) 1994
(2) 1998
(4) 2000
(1) 2001
(1) 2002
(1) 2006
(2) 2011
(1) 2013
(1) 2014
(1) What addiction?

If you are planning to attend, please register soon. There is a promise of TWO M-471 914s being shown if the car number hits 50 by the 17th of August (which is also the day any unbooked rooms are released to the general public).

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Just getting back from the sandbox. No not the one here, the one in AFG. But should have a few boxes to open with goodies!
naro914
For all of you that have attended in previous years, or those who have signed up for the email updates, you should have an email from me this morning.

For the rest of you, I am reminding everyone that there is 1 week until the room block at the Best Western is released . Since that is our host hotel where we will be having registration, both evening dinners and general social gatherings, and is one of the only hotels in the area, if you were on the fence or simply forgot to register, NOW is the time!!

If you stay in the Best Western, breakfast is included with your room every morning. We will have a blocked off area to park just for us. And they will also have a wash area set up for us so everyone can pretty up their cars when they arrive or after the Friday drive!!

Also...we have been given the challenge by George Hussey that if we get 50 914's to register by August 17, there will be at least 1 (maybe more!!) rare M471 factory wide body cars!! In addition to George's car, there will be a lot of 914's attending with unique and storied histories, so you don't want to miss out!!

So get your registration in, book your room, and plan on being with us in September for a wonderful 914 weekend!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 29 2015, 04:45 AM) *

The good folks at World Upholstery & Trim are sending a set of high quality 914 embroidered floor mats. Will fit all years. I will post a picture as soon as I get them. Assuming they are not lost in the mail. shades.gif

Click to view attachment

These mats are extremely nice! Top quality stuff. Anyone need these?

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 4 2015, 06:31 AM) *

Not sure of what all is in the package but the great folks at Zymol car care have sent a package containing some 30 lbs of serious car care products.

Will post the details soon!

Click to view attachment

I can't even begin to say how cool these care care kits from Zymol are! They even included a coupon code for 30% off! These are Porsche specific kits!

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Awesome stuff!

We are now at 43 cars and 68 attendees piratenanner.gif

Not signed up yet? What are you waiting for???

Register Here

driving.gif
db9146
I registered for my 17y.o. son and I last night. This will be our first road trip in the -6. Working on it now to get it in tip top shape.

For folks around Atlanta or coming through Atlanta on the way up, any thought of caravaning up on Thursday?
JFJ914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 9 2015, 05:33 PM) *

I registered for my 17y.o. son and I last night. This will be our first road trip in the -6. Working on it now to get it in tip top shape.

For folks around Atlanta or coming through Atlanta on the way up, any thought of caravaning up on Thursday?

There will be 4 of us going up Thurs. Last year we left from Lewis Broyles house in Canton, so I suppose that's where we'll leave from this year. PM me your contact info and I'll let you know when we decide what we're doing (last minute probably).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.