Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2015: 914-6 GT - the Giant Killers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
naro914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Sep 8 2015, 05:19 PM) *

Special thanks to the Saville's, Bill, Ali & TJ, looking forward to a nice cool weekend drooling over great 914's and awesome 914-6 GT's.

Those of us that get to enjoy the fruits of your labor appreciate everything that has gone into this event from everyone that has worked so hard to make this thing a MAJOR 914 happening!!!!

See you on the 17th!!

Vysoc flag.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

DO NOT leave out Steven Schlief (who's idea this whole thing was to begin with and set up the website, shirt designs, stickers, does the photos work, etc. etc. etc....!!) and Michael Blizzard for all the FANTASTIC door prizes and sponsors... beerchug.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone in just over a week!

Wish us luck and lets hope Huey survives the Dragon this weekend!! I'll be posting pictures and info on www.facebook.com/naroescapemotorsports
ndfrigi
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 5 2015, 12:51 PM) *

We are not taking orders for shirts, only available to attendees...

Sad I want one too!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 8 2015, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 5 2015, 12:51 PM) *

We are not taking orders for shirts, only available to attendees...

Sad I want one too!

I have a few from last year if anyone is interested? PM me.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 8 2015, 07:00 PM) *

I'll take a large smile.gif Seriously, I ended up giving my shirt to someone else.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 8 2015, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 8 2015, 07:00 PM) *

I'll take a large smile.gif Seriously, I ended up giving my shirt to someone else.

driving.gif

Can be had for a nominal price of $10!

Yea I know that's cold!

I will make sure you get one.
Mblizzard
Ok so it has not sucked coming home and finding boxes of cool stuff on the porch. Today 4 huge boxes from Sierra Madre. Just a small sample below. First 914 door handle I have ever seen without a scratch! Some really cool front turn signal covers that I was afraid to take out of the package so the photo does not do them justice.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Ok I have a set of Tim's gauges but I want these! From Tm. Best gauges to date. Bruce re-zinc'd the gauge cans (not painted this year). He also powder coated the bezel rings and powder coated the gauge frame. Replaced the plastic lenses and many other misc things. The restored gauges with my custom HD LEDs is easily worth 1k for the package.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mblizzard
Some cool SWAG from Eric at PMB.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Wow! All I can say is the "prizes" alone makes the event worth attending! biggrin.gif
Wdunster
Awesome Job on the sponsors and goodies Micheal!!! I am blown away by their participation and generosity!
Bill clap56.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 12 2015, 05:18 AM) *

Wow! All I can say is the "prizes" alone makes the event worth attending! biggrin.gif

And there is so much more that is coming but not yet disclosed!

Let's put it this way, we are sending a truck to pick up one sponsors items! Really we are!
Mblizzard
Ok so it takes a long to stuf a 100 + goody bags! Just glad I did not have to keep everyone's name straight like poor Bob and Nadine.

Click to view attachment

Part 1 of the stash!

Click to view attachment
db9146
This is going to be so much like Christmas...............

Mike, maybe you should dress up like Claus!!! Ho, ho, ho!!!!
Wdunster
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:12 PM) *

This is going to be so much like Christmas...............

Mike, maybe you should dress up like Claus!!! Ho, ho, ho!!!!

We will be like my kids and get up at 4 in the morning to open them lol
stevegm
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 13 2015, 10:06 PM) *

Ok so it takes a long to stuf a 100 + goody bags! Just glad I did not have to keep everyone's name straight like poor Bob and Nadine.

When do you give out the goody bags? I won't get there until Saturday. Don't want to miss it. piratenanner.gif
stevegm
This might be old news at this stage. But, I believe 2 M-471 914s are coming Okteenerfest this weekend. This event really has become such an important 914 event. I can't wait.

http://fourteenermotoring.com/2015/09/14/t...o-okteenerfest/
naro914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 14 2015, 05:15 PM) *

This might be old news at this stage. But, I believe 2 M-471 914s are coming Okteenerfest this weekend. This event really has become such an important 914 event. I can't wait.

http://fourteenermotoring.com/2015/09/14/t...o-okteenerfest/

and at least one real factory 914/6 GT...maybe 2.. w00t.gif
naro914
However....it looks like Huey will not be there hissyfit.gif
Got under the car today to change the muffler, and found this!

Click to view attachment

Hillclimbs, Road America....and father time...have taken it's toll on Huey.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 14 2015, 03:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Ouch! I will take a cracked windshield and broken speedo cable.
Mblizzard
Well Jason at Paragon knows how to make some Okteenerfest attendees smile. I could use these for so many things.
Click to view attachment
stevegm
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 14 2015, 06:11 PM) *

Uh oh. Sorry. Not an easy fix either. Better to find that issue on a lift rather than on the race track, though.
Mblizzard
Heavy metal at Okteenerfest anyone? aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Dave at Maddogs Motorsports has got you covered!

Click to view attachment

poorsche914
The weather forecast for the coming weekend in Banner Elk... mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 70s. piratenanner.gif
Perfect driving weather beerchug.gif
Anyone else besides me not even started to get ready yet rolleyes.gif

driving.gif
billh1963

You wont be the only one not in a 914. My car didn't get finished in time...maybe next year! sad.gif

The good news is the 6 motor mount I bought from Bob is mounted, the 2.7 (seen in background) appears to be healthy and I hope to be on the road in a few weeks! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 15 2015, 03:39 PM) *

You wont be the only one not in a 914. My car didn't get finished in time...maybe next year! sad.gif

The good news is the 6 motor mount I bought from Bob is mounted, the 2.7 (seen in background) appears to be healthy and I hope to be on the road in a few weeks! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Bummer headbang.gif that 2 years in a row! Oh well , still worth the trip!

See you in a few days
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 15 2015, 12:54 PM) *

The weather forecast for the coming weekend in Banner Elk... mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 70s. piratenanner.gif

driving.gif

I kind of did my prep about a month ago. Hadn't even driven the car for 2 weeks , but Saturday took her out to do a short run, finished installing the seats and wires up the heat (he we don't need that yet, but my lower back does like a bit of heat even when it's not cold.

I'm going up a day early so I can make a couple stops on the way and go hit a round of ggolf Thursday morning beer.gif
I do need to repack my safety kit and be ready for what ever may come ( if all else fails I have AAA and Hagerty roadside assistance )
Wdunster
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 15 2015, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 15 2015, 12:54 PM) *

driving.gif

I kind of did my prep about a month ago. Hadn't even driven the car for 2 weeks , but Saturday took her out to do a short run, finished installing the seats and wires up the heat (he we don't need that yet, but my lower back does like a bit of heat even when it's not cold.

I'm going up a day early so I can make a couple stops on the way and go hit a round of ggolf Thursday morning beer.gif
I do need to repack my safety kit and be ready for what ever may come ( if all else fails I have AAA and Hagerty roadside assistance )

And a hundred 914 guys!
CodyBFR
https://youtu.be/ThUYibLVtdE

We have about 10 cars going, and one of them just got fired up for the first time since a bare-metal resto and 3.6L conversion ;-). It's going to attend only mostly complete - the interior won't be finished and the running gear will need some cleaning up afterwards, but with 205's under the back of a healthy 3.6 it should be plenty of fun coming out of the slower corners!

FYI everybody, I (Cody Forbes) will be in an orange #2 Monte Carlo Rally GT replica (with a 3.2L) for the drive Friday with a selection of tools, volt meter, temp guns, and maybe a small selection of common issue items like points and a fuel pump. I'll also have a passenger seat available ;-). I'll give my personal cell number for emergency on-call service to anybody that approaches (or PM's here) so that there's a high likelihood of being able to find someone that an reach me, but I don't want to post it on a public forum. My father won't make it in time for the drive due to a commitment Friday AM, but he will be arriving to Banner Elk mid-afternoon Friday so if anybody needs technical help back at base camp he can be contacted.

IPB Image
Zimms
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 31 2015, 11:07 PM) *

Still working on the details for the actual shirt art but here is the basic design.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Any chance of making this into a good sized poster and selling them? I'd take 3. I need top post them around the house so the wife knows that some people have running versions. lol-2.gif
poorsche914
I have made 12x18 posters. Will have them at Okteenerfest to sell. Any left I will offer to anyone who wants one.

driving.gif
Zimms
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 17 2015, 12:08 PM) *

I have made 12x18 posters. Will have them at Okteenerfest to sell. Any left I will offer to anyone who wants one.

driving.gif

Cool!
db9146
Bob and Nadine did a great job planning out the routes for today's drives! It was a lot of fun, some great roads and views!!

Mike had to "back up the truck" to unload all of the goodies he secured from the very generous sponsors. Way to go Mike!

And Steve, well, he did a wonderful job on the graphics design, the t-shirts, the posters, and the pictures that each participant in the car show got of their car. My wife wants to frame it! Thank you Steve!!

We met lots a great folks and made some new friends!! Fantastic weekend!

When is registration opening for next year? biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif
trojanhorsepower
Well that was the best one yet. It was great to see every one. Thanks again to everyone for making this a great event.
billh1963
A big thank you to Bob, Nadine, Mike, Steve and all the others who pulled this together.

Outstanding driving, phenomenal weather, fantastic prizes and awesome people! first.gif

Mblizzard
WOW! What a weekend. A huge thanks to everyone that came. We really appreciate your support.

A really special thanks to Bob, Nadine, and Steve. Can't think of a better group to go through the insanity with.

Can't thank our sponsors enough for their support. There were some really happy people leaving the event.

Time for a little rest then start planning for next year.
sb914
Inquiring minds would like to know,how many 914s were there? And any photos showing all ? Nice turnout.
malcolm2
friday morning fog and a rainbow of 914s.
Click to view attachment

malcolm2
Blue Ridge Parkway break

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Made it home cheer.gif
I think this winter will see my LE on jackstands for some much needed repairs both body and mechanical dry.gif

A big THANK YOU to all the attendees. It was the first time for about a third of them... hope they come back smile.gif

Tried to get an aerial shot of all the cars at the car show (someone counted 62 but I only took pictures of 56 as they entered the field confused24.gif ) but I forgot the battery charger for my drone and it was a complete fail huh.gif

I will be posting all the cars on the Okteenerfest web site plus set up a a way for everyone to upload their images to the gallery. Basically, register on the site and then follow the link.

I would like to personally thank Bill Dunster for troubleshooting my 914 and getting it running, Doug Leehr for the loan of a starter, and Brad Mayeur for all his expert advice and support. And... someone gave me some points... I don't remember who that was but Thank You!

Bob, Nadine, Mike, and Kim... without you this event would not exist. Thanks for bringing my idea to full life. pray.gif

Love this little guy wub.gif Being raised right! He's been to EVERY Okteenerfest plus the day drive the year before this event was started.
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 20 2015, 02:27 PM) *

first.gif

Simply the best car event I have ever attended. Hands down. If you weren't there, there is only one thing to say - Why not? And see you next year. Don't miss it.

Thank you to Steve, Mike, Bob, and all of those involved in putting it together. We also owe a big thanks to the sponsors. Amazing swag and parts.
trojanhorsepower
Great shot Steve!
Thanks for posting it.
poorsche914
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Sep 20 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Great shot Steve!
Thanks for posting it.

Thank you and you're welcome!

driving.gif
cashiersjm
I won the "newbie" award and would like to thank everyone I met--what a great bunch of men & women. The best weekend I have had in years. Thanks to Bob, Nadine, Bill, Ali, several Steve's, Robbie, Joe, Bill (from Miami), Brad, Cliff, Peter and about 90 other folks. You all made my wife & myself feel welcome and shared your passion for the 914. I am looking forward to next year when we will have our car to attend the event with and someone else can claim the "newbie" award. Thanks to all the sponsors for the great "stuff" and the tips/info. Wow!!!

Jim & Sue and the anticipated black 74
t collins
Here's the man behind the camera:
Click to view attachment
993inNC
What a great weekend, and to think I almost didn't make it over a .50 cent piece keeping the car from running! So glad I persisted.
Nice to final meet Peter and his son and so many others of you. Nice to see Doug L again and finally meet his father Bill (since my car spent many months in his garage biggrin.gif ). Can't wait for next year, hope I can bring all three of my Teeners with friends and drive them all!
DRPHIL914
I hope others post more pictures, the RRC thread is putting us to shame. We had a lot of beautiful cars and people to enjoy them with, let's share the experience wit those that could not make it.
DRPHIL914
Gt giant killers!
DRPHIL914
George H's GT M471
DRPHIL914
Shameless plug for my 75 copper metalic. Still needs work , but despite 143,000
Miles, I got an average of 34mpg on this trip, just need to deal with it running on the hot side.
naro914
PICTURES!!!

to make it easy for all the pictures to be in one place and so we can all share them:

First: go to the Okteenerfest Website
Second: On the right hand side, you will see the link to sign in, or register if you have not already.
Third: Once you register/sign in, you will see Upload Your Photos, where you can pick each photo you want to upload. (sorry, can't do bulk uploads)

Simple!! piratenanner.gif

To View all the photos uploaded, go to the top of the page where it says PHOTOS, click on the drop down, go to 2015 Gallery. There you will see all the pictures , sorted into different categories.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.