Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2015: 914-6 GT - the Giant Killers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
naro914
Another Quick update:
If you are on the fence about coming, we need you to sign up by Friday August 28 (one week from today) in order to guarantee you'll get a shirt...and Steve has come up with an AWESOME shirt design that he'll hopefully be able to show you next week!!

Also, if you registered and have not sent in your payment yet, please get it in so we can start getting things ordered...those that I've received should have gotten a payment confirmation email...if you just sent it in the past few days, I should get it soon.

Lastly...is Bill Leehr on here? If so, Bill...your email bounced the other day when I requested your VIN...can you PM me your email address??

thanks!! I'll be at VIR this weekend for the IMSA race, so I'll check back in next week smile.gif
gasman
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 21 2015, 07:48 AM) *

And here are the ones that should be Yellow, Black or Bumble Bee:
signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg signal914.jpg aubergine914.jpg aubergine914.jpg aubergine914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg

driving.gif

I see a Icon for a "Grasshopper" but no Bumble Bee????????
stevegm
Here you go.
poorsche914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 22 2015, 10:45 AM) *
Here you go.

Side script is backwards poke.gif

driving.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 22 2015, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 22 2015, 10:45 AM) *
Here you go.

Side script is backwards poke.gif

driving.gif

Sorry. Fixed. I tried to flip it so it was going in the other direction. I forgot about the script. headbang.gif
Betty
Sheesh... can't please everybody when it comes to silly but fun icons! ;-)

Therefore, I created some more, Clay's sent them to Andy to be added to the site.Click to view attachment
Betty
They are in order...

Aubergine, Black, Bumble Bee, Copper, Gulf, Huey, Marathon Blue, Phoenix Red, Playboy, Raspberry, Yellow.
naro914
You made a Huey!! Awesome!!

So why are the Perrine's not signed up???
dlee6204
I spent the day yesterday working to get my father's car ready for this event. Needless to say we still have a few smalll items that need to be completed. Still hoping to get it completed though. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(Betty @ Aug 23 2015, 12:14 AM) *

Therefore, I created some more, Clay's sent them to Andy to be added to the site.Click to view attachment

Thank you, Betty!

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Betty @ Aug 22 2015, 11:14 PM) *

That's not marathon, looks more like Alaska.
naro914
We are just shy of 100 people!!! ohmy.gif
and over 60 914's!!!

Holy cow!!!
poorsche914
Numbers crunching type.gif

Attendees and their 914s:
(1) No - I don't trust it to make the drive
(4) No - it is a work in progress
(40) Yes - I will be driving it
(17) Yes - I will be trailering it

Of the (57) 914s registered, (11) are equipped with GT flares
There will be (7) factory Sixes including (2) M-471 optioned 914-6 GTs and (1) factory race car
There will be a total of (14) -6 conversions including upgraded engines in factory -6s

How do attendees classify their 914s?
(4) Concours
(6) Projects
(6) Autocrossers
(7) Race Cars
(8) Survivors
(9) Garage Queens
(20) Street Legal
(20) Daily Drivers
Some were classified in more than one area so that is why there are more than the actual number of 914s.

driving.gif
naro914
Reminder: Deadline to register and guarantee an awesome, highly coveted and collectible Okteenerfest T-Shirt is TOMORROW August 28!!

Mblizzard
Been out of town for the past week in CA. Wife said I had a "few" boxes. Wow didI! The loot is starting to roll in. Will get some pics posted soon but Maddog Motorsports, Stoddard, and PMBs stuff has arrived!
Joe Owensby
I signed up on the website this morning, and received a reply that a confirmation has been sent to my email. However, when I checked my email a few minutes ago, there is nothing. I am ready to send check to Bob Saville, but wanted confirmation first. I already have hotel room reserved. JoeO
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 28 2015, 04:35 PM) *

I signed up on the website this morning, and received a reply that a confirmation has been sent to my email. However, when I checked my email a few minutes ago, there is nothing. I am ready to send check to Bob Saville, but wanted confirmation first. I already have hotel room reserved. JoeO

You will need to make your reservation separate from the event sign up. I think this is the last day to get the group rate if they are not sold out.

Best Western Mountain Lodge - Banner Elk
1615 Tynecastle Hwy, Banner Elk, NC 28604
Phone: 828-898-4571

Joe Owensby
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 28 2015, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 28 2015, 04:35 PM) *

You will need to make your reservation separate from the event sign up. I think this is the last day to get the group rate if they are not sold out.

Best Western Mountain Lodge - Banner Elk
1615 Tynecastle Hwy, Banner Elk, NC 28604
Phone: 828-898-4571

I have room reserved. The question I have is that I didn't get an email from the event organization site, even though it said one has been sent.
naro914
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 28 2015, 07:35 PM) *

Hi Joe
Yeah, sometimes the automated system doesn't seem to be sending the confirmation email...or it's getting lost in space somewhere...no clue why... confused24.gif

But yes, you are registered. Please send the check to me:

Bob Saville
4627 Andrew James Dr
Charlotte, NC 28216

BIGKAT_83
Getting ready for the Okteenerfest. Hope my chrome front bumper gets back from the plater in time.
Click to view attachment
t collins
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 30 2015, 06:40 AM) *

Getting ready for the Okteenerfest. Hope my chrome front bumper gets back from the plater in time.
Click to view attachment

Cool color Bob, can't wait to see it!
Chris H.
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 30 2015, 08:40 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Wait until you guys see this car in person...
poorsche914
Wow! we just had our 100th attendee registered blink.gif
That makes 62 914s officially registered cheer.gif
That is a 24% increase in number of 914s and 20% increase in attendees registered over last year piratenanner.gif

driving.gif
vitaminc914
Its been about four years since I logged onto this website. Someone sent me the details on this event and I am seriously considering driving down from Grand Rapids Michigan. I plan to register in the next week if I'm going to make it. This is going to be the longest drive I have ever made in my 914.
I have a stock 74 914/2.0. I've been the same owner since 1988. Looks like it's going to be a great event. If anyone from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio is planning to drive there, please let me know and we can try to connect.
stevegm
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Aug 30 2015, 04:24 PM) *

Its been about four years since I logged onto this website. Someone sent me the details on this event and I am seriously considering driving down from Grand Rapids Michigan. I plan to register in the next week if I'm going to make it. This is going to be the longest drive I have ever made in my 914.
I have a stock 74 914/2.0. I've been the same owner since 1988. Looks like it's going to be a great event. If anyone from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio is planning to drive there, please let me know and we can try to connect.

You won't regret it. Fun drive down from MI and great event.
Mblizzard
Just installed Tangerine Racing spherical firewall shift bushing for Okteenerfest. Waiting on Dash from 914 Rubber, need to replace a CV joint gasket, clean up, and oh yea a new windshield and I will be ready.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2015, 12:22 PM) *

That is a 24% increase in number of 914s and 20% increase in attendees registered over last year piratenanner.gif

driving.gif

Steve let me know who 100 was and I will see if we can do a special item for #100!
billh1963
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2015, 03:22 PM) *

driving.gif

How does that compare to 2013?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 30 2015, 03:02 PM) *

driving.gif

It is pretty amazing what this has become. I was honestly flattered to be asked to be a part of the vision that Steve and Bob had. But I never expected it to grow into what it is today. While I know we all love our 914s. The way this event has grown shows that this often over looked car is really special to a large number of people.
billh1963
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2015, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 30 2015, 03:02 PM) *

driving.gif

It is pretty amazing what this has become. I was honestly flattered to be asked to be a part of the vision that Steve and Bob had. But I never expected it to grow into what it is today. While I know we all love our 914s. The way this event has grown shows that this often over looked car is really special to a large number of people.

It is amazing..I have attended both of them and 2014 was quite an increase over 2013. I was curious if you had the numbers for 2013 (cars and attendees)?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Michael - your hard work in getting support from some fantastic vendors has definitely helped grow this event.
If we keep up the growth, we will be well over 100 914s in a couple years! That is both exciting w00t.gif and a bit scary unsure.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 30 2015, 06:26 PM) *
It is amazing..I have attended both of them and 2014 was quite an increase over 2013. I was curious if you had the numbers for 2013 (cars and attendees)?

In 2013, 28 914s and 47 attendees smile.gif
In two years, we have more than doubled both the number of registered 914s and attendees. piratenanner.gif

driving.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2015, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 30 2015, 06:26 PM) *

In 2013, 28 914s and 47 attendees smile.gif
In two years, we have more than doubled both the number of registered 914s and attendees. piratenanner.gif

driving.gif

That is awesome!!!! beerchug.gif
poorsche914
Still working on the details for the actual shirt art but here is the basic design.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
dflesburg
If you buy mine, you will be all set to go!

Its on eBay... make a realistic offer and you are good to go.
billh1963
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Sep 1 2015, 08:58 AM) *

If you buy mine, you will be all set to go!

Its on eBay... make a realistic offer and you are good to go.

EBAY Ad
vitaminc914
Ok, it is official. I registered and sent in my payment. Let's hope she makes the 12 hr drive to NC.
poorsche914
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Sep 1 2015, 12:19 PM) *
Ok, it is official. I registered and sent in my payment. Let's hope she makes the 12 hr drive to NC.

cheer.gif You won't regret it driving.gif
Mblizzard
Ok so the loot is rolling in and our sponsors are making it known they are serious about supporting the 914. Adam at 356 Devotion has sent some great items for those looking to upgrade their interiors. Fuse panel, interior door handles, window cranks anyone! Check out 356 Devotion to see all of their 914 parts.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
What would you get from the Type IV Store with this? That would pretty much cover a new crankshaft!

Click to view attachment
naro914
Hi all
For all you that just signed up, I accidentally sent a 'Payment Reminder' email....sorry.

For all of you that signed up weeks ago...that reminder is for you!! but it was still an accident. Its all or nothing in the registration system...I didn't mean to click the button!!

Ooops....
poorsche914
A HUGE "Thanks" to all the supporters of Okteenerfest 2015!

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
Okteenerfest 2015 oval stickers have arrived piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
And the t-shirt design has been finalized and ready to send to the printer piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Cracker
Bob,

I wish I could make it this year but its just not possible (I think)...anyway, I'd like to buy two tee-shirts form my son and I. My b-day is even on the 17th...opening day! Have fun you'all and I'll plan attending in 2016. Bob - please order a XXL and L in adult and please send me an invoice (if possible). Great job you'all!!!

Tony/Cracker

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 5 2015, 02:22 PM) *

And the t-shirt design has been finalized and ready to send to the printer piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

naro914
We are not taking orders for shirts, only available to attendees...
Cracker
Understand. Have a great time!

Tony

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 5 2015, 02:51 PM) *

poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:51 PM) *

Shirt numbers have already been given to the printer so he can get the shirts in. Just now having a chance to get the actual design posted here smile.gif

driving.gif
naro914
Registration is now CLOSED.
I had to give the final meal count to the hotel today, Steven has ordered shirts and we printed and assembled all the registration packets this past weekend.

With a bunch of work things I have to do, Dragon Hillclimb this weekend, and having to get Huey ready for the hillclimb, to then immediately get him back into street clothes of Okteenerfest and be up in Banner Elk early Thursday, we had to get everything done this past weekend for Okteenerfest. Took all weekend, but we should be in good shape, thanks to the help of Bill, Ali and TJ Dunster!!
Vysoc
Special thanks to the Saville's, Bill, Ali & TJ, looking forward to a nice cool weekend drooling over great 914's and awesome 914-6 GT's.

Those of us that get to enjoy the fruits of your labor appreciate everything that has gone into this event from everyone that has worked so hard to make this thing a MAJOR 914 happening!!!!

See you on the 17th!!

Vysoc flag.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.