Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2015: 914-6 GT - the Giant Killers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
DRPHIL914
Bob's gt3 in the foreground due to Huey's rusty/broken suspension issue and Bill H's Italian stallion. A very nice car. I'm sure the both would have preferred to have had their 914/6's but I have to say I have a bit of envy. Either way , glad those the could not bring their 914 still cam to enjoy the weekend.
naro914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 21 2015, 08:48 AM) *

Bob's gt3 in the foreground due to Huey's rusty/broken suspension issue and Bill H's Italian stallion. A very nice car. I'm sure the both would have preferred to have had their 914/6's but I have to say I have a bit of envy. Either way , glad those the could not bring their 914 still cam to enjoy the weekend.

Yeah, for those that didn't see it....THIS is what kept us from driving Huey... hissyfit.gif

YES, we would have MUCH preferred to have Huey on the drive...

Click to view attachment
stephenaki
It was an incredible event with lots of great people! beer.gif I truly enjoyed meeting so many of the participants and making new friends and thought Bob, Nadine, Mike and Steve did a great job. I'm hoping to make it next year as well with a running car although, I might need to ride with Mike again so he doesn't get lost! biggrin.gif

I know Steve is working on assembling a CD with photos and I am uploading my 180 pictures to a site for him but until then, the link to the pictures I took is below.

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/stephenak...enerfest%202015

Teaser photo:
IPB Image

I'll also start loading them up to the Okteenerfest website but, that's gonna take a bit with no bulk uploading capability. blink.gif

Guess it's time to start planning next year's even! beerchug.gif
naro914
Here are a few pictures. ALL of mine will soon be up on the Okteenerfest site...

poorsche914
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Sep 21 2015, 09:17 AM) *
I'll also start loading them up to the Okteenerfest website but, that's gonna take a bit with no bulk uploading capability. blink.gif

I will upload them for you via the admin section. I can bulk upload biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the great shots. For the second year in a row, I was too busy dealing with event stuff to get time to take as many photos as I would have liked.

driving.gif
t collins
George working hard.....on my car biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
stephenaki
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 21 2015, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Sep 21 2015, 09:17 AM) *

I will upload them for you via the admin section. I can bulk upload biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the great shots. For the second year in a row, I was too busy dealing with event stuff to get time to take as many photos as I would have liked.

driving.gif

Hmm, I'm thinking that your daughter may have a new job next time around as the backup photographer! first.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Sep 21 2015, 03:58 PM) *
Hmm, I'm thinking that your daughter may have a new job next time around as the backup photographer! first.gif

agree.gif She was my "shotgun" shooter on the drive. And I think I'll give the photo AND video duties to Ali at future events biggrin.gif

driving.gif
db9146
There was a blue 914-4 that was leaving out Sunday morning and it had a different, lower exhaust note. Does anyone know who that might have been? Just curious to find out more about the exhaust.

Dee
poorsche914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 21 2015, 08:43 PM) *
There was a blue 914-4 that was leaving out Sunday morning and it had a different, lower exhaust note. Does anyone know who that might have been? Just curious to find out more about the exhaust.

Dee

My guess is Mike Blizzard and his Ancona Blue '75 with Tangerine system.

driving.gif
db9146
Thanks Steve, but it wasn't Mike's car....I got a ride in his. It was another blue one.
robby750

Dee

That was me. The muffler in a stainless steel unit I ordered from Mittelmotor in Germany. I installed it in 2001 and it still looks new. I don't know if they still have them anymore,Click to view attachment
db9146
QUOTE(robby750 @ Sep 22 2015, 08:34 AM) *

Dee

That was me. The muffler in a stainless steel unit I ordered from Mittelmotor in Germany. I installed it in 2001 and it still looks new. I don't know if they still have them anymore,Click to view attachment

Thanks for the reply Robby. As you were leaving out Sunday morning, several of us commented on how nice it sounded! We have a -4 as well and my son looked at me and said "dad, that's what we need!"

Dee
robby750
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 22 2015, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(robby750 @ Sep 22 2015, 08:34 AM) *

Dee

Thanks for the reply Robby. As you were leaving out Sunday morning, several of us commented on how nice it sounded! We have a -4 as well and my son looked at me and said "dad, that's what we need!"

Dee

Thanks for the compliment! I think it sounds great myself and it will probably outlive me!
Wdunster
Here is a video of one of the roads we liked.
Enjoy!
Bill

https://youtu.be/G5ujjMk2o4c
naro914
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Sep 22 2015, 12:32 PM) *

Enjoy!
Bill

Fixed it for ya... LOVE Shulls Mill Rd!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ujjMk2o4c
Wdunster
One more video. Remember the stuck semi on 221? I was following Bob and we were moving pretty good. The officer looked less than enthused on how fast we were driving.
Grat roads! piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcjcO8dmvhY
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:36 PM) *

Enjoy!
Bill

The yellow ones are the fastest. driving.gif
naro914
Interesting observation during the weekend.... I was standing at the hotel looking at the cars backed into their spaces one of the evening, and noticed the EVER car except one had the P O R S C H E letters on the engine decklid. I didn't take a picture, but went back through my pictures to see...Yep, most of you in STOCK class have the letters....

So much for NARP shades.gif poke.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
timothy_nd28
It also looks like the chrome sail trim pieces on each car is in much better shape than what I have on my car dry.gif
Wdunster
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Sep 22 2015, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:36 PM) *

Enjoy!
Bill

The yellow ones are the fastest. driving.gif

That's why we were out in front following the GT3! aktion035.gif
Bills914-4
My Wife & I would like to Thank everyone at the Octeenerfest , the Participants- everybody
was so kind & friendly , the Organizers- this event was very well planned , & the
Sponsors- WOW there was so much stuff given away , I had a Blast & my wife loved it smile.gif ,
she even made room on a wall (guestroom/sons old room) for a couple of things biggrin.gif ,
we are even talking about coming to next years Octeenerfest 2016 smile.gif ,

once again Thank You very much to everyone at & involved in Octeenerfest , hope to
see you all there next year smile.gif ,

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(WLD419 @ Sep 26 2015, 02:46 PM) *

My Wife & I would like to Thank everyone at the Octeenerfest , the Participants- everybody
was so kind & friendly , the Organizers- this event was very well planned , & the
Sponsors- WOW there was so much stuff given away , I had a Blast & my wife loved it smile.gif ,
she even made room on a wall (guestroom/sons old room) for a couple of things biggrin.gif ,
we are even talking about coming to next years Octeenerfest 2016 smile.gif ,

once again Thank You very much to everyone at & involved in Octeenerfest , hope to
see you all there next year smile.gif ,

Click to view attachment

You have a great wife there. Well done!
914four
Great event! It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Came across some old gas pumps during the drive Friday and took this pic.

Kelvin

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Congrats on your First Place win. Great way to introduce your 914 to Okteenerfest smile.gif

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.