Eckler's
Evilwerks
Maddogs
PMB Performance
Sierra Madre
Tim Kinney's LED Gauges

driving.gif
poorsche914
There is a good possibility that two REAL M-471 GTs will be at this year's Okteenerfest aktion035.gif
And these cars will not only be shown but will be driven with the opportunity for other attendees to ride along driving.gif
One of these is the Erich Strenger car and the other is the last GT of the line in 1971 and the only Gemini Blue Metallic one to be sent to the US. drooley.gif
Have YOU registered yet? type.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Yep it is looking good! Going to be Christmas in September!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Alright, this is a big one!

Charles at The Type 4 Store is providing a $500 gift certificate!

Click to view attachment

That would put in a pretty good start on an engine rebuild kit or score some really nice parts. Nice - Very Nice!

Who wouldn't love to have an engine with a set of Nickies?

Click to view attachment
Vysoc
I was lucky enough to participate last year and just have to say that it was a great experience. One thing that stands out for me was the hour long factory film on the building of the 356, I loved to watch all the steps involved. This was after the cookout on Friday night I think. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing all the 914-6 GT's mine will still be hanging on the Rotisserie.
Luckily I have a spare 914-4 2.0 that can't wait to get back, hope to see a record crowd!!

Vysoc flag.gif
Mblizzard
Garold Shaffer will be sending us one of Mom's service covers! This one of the best things you can buy for your paint job!

Click to view attachment

If you are not coming to Ockteenerfest so you can win this you should check out Moms Service covers they are the best!
naro914
Happy 4th of July everyone!!
Today Nadine and I spent the entire day running and documenting the route, meeting with the hotel and finalizing dinners, checking out lunch spots, etc., etc., etc.... All in misty rain, heavy rain, peaks of sunshine, getting stuck an hour waiting for the Banner Elk Parade to go by, and following some painfully slow drivers....BUT I think we got a lot finalized!!!

I will try to put together a video, depending on what came through in the rain.

While this year there are no "big name" roads like The Dragon or Moonshiner 28, there certainly will be amazing roads and something for everyone: tight twisties, lazy meandering mountain roads, creek/riverside roads, drives through farmland and an gorgeous stop at Linville Falls.

Okteenerfest was developed to be a 914 driving event, to take advantage of the abundance of amazing roads we have in the southeast...so if you love to drive your awesome little car, you DO NOT want to miss this event!
DRPHIL914
beerchug.gif
Thanks for all your hard work making this event what it is... Awesome!!
naro914
Oh, and the "on your own" Saturday/Sunday trips will include Grandfather Mountain, 'shopping' at the Mast General Store and the cool little town of Blowing Rock and the Banner Elk Winery!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 4 2015, 04:17 PM) *

Okteenerfest was developed to be a 914 driving event, to take advantage of the abundance of amazing roads we have in the southeast...so if you love to drive your awesome little car, you DO NOT want to miss this event!

I hope it is a driving event! Just dropped a load of $$ on some Koni coil overs for the rear and got all new front end control arms ready to drop in. I am ready to drive!

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 25 2015, 07:25 PM) *

There is a good possibility that two REAL M-471 GTs will be at this year's Okteenerfest aktion035.gif
And these cars will not only be shown but will be driven with the opportunity for other attendees to ride along driving.gif
One of these is the Erich Strenger car and the other is the last GT of the line in 1971 and the only Gemini Blue Metallic one to be sent to the US. drooley.gif

driving.gif

I talked to Steve and he said the Stranger could come but not probable
Wdunster
Okay,
All registered up! Common everybody, registrations are down! We need to get you all on board! cheer.gif driving-girl.gif
naro914
OK, so I put together a video from our scouting trip last weekend.

It was rainy so you get some wiper action. And Nadine was holding the camera since we couldn't suction cup it outside and didn't have a way to mount it on the dash, so there's a bit of vibration, but overall not too bad...

Each clip/transition is a different road. And we didn't record a few of the roads that we drive. As you can see...the route should be pretty nice!!

The pictures at the beginning are views from our stop at Linville Falls.

Music is Joe Satriani.

Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dh_n-AlDDQ
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 7 2015, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 25 2015, 07:25 PM) *

driving.gif

I talked to Steve and he said the Stranger could come but not probable

Maybe I'll "borrow" the Keys! shades.gif
naro914
10 weeks
You all have 10 weeks to get your 914's together and attend Okteenerfest.

10 weeks!!!!
JFJ914
I'm in, mailed the check today.
Mblizzard
Got rust?

Peter at Restoration Designs will be sending some heavy metal to make someone's rust go away. They have some new cool hardware as well!
Annapolis914
Nice video, looks like a great drive.
naro914
So a little birdie told me that if we get 50 914's, Dr914 said he and Steve will be bringing the two M471 GT cars!!!

Get yourself signed up!!

And where is the TX contingent? Clay/Betty?? Roads too tough for you last year?
bahnzai
ok, another one registered. Bob, check is in the mail to you.
now, to get the thing together....
Thanks,
Danny
poorsche914
We're at (18) 914s and (30) attendees (4 newcomers). Slightly down from this time last year dry.gif
Thanks to all those who have registered. To everyone else... what are ya waiting for? confused24.gif

Some comments from current registrants:
"We have enjoyed seeing all the nice cars and people in the past. I was planning on bringing my car to the last two events but could not complete my, what turned into a 5 year, project in time."

"Great people"

"Bucket list - kinda need to go at least once smile.gif "

"Great people....Twisties......"

"Had such a great time last year, couldn't miss this year! And love the location and have not been there for long time."

"Slept thru the last one"

"You guys were having way too much fun without me"

"I hope those guys from New Jersey bring that "Gas Can" full of Manhattans back."

"Short ride from VA."

"I had such a great time last year I have to come back!"

"I finally have a running car... I think"

driving.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 12 2015, 09:21 PM) *

ok, another one registered. Bob, check is in the mail to you.
now, to get the thing together....
Thanks,
Danny

Holler if you need help...I'm less than an hour away!
bahnzai
Thanks Bill, will do.
John Forbes is helping me right now, with chassis reinforcements and plumbing in the new engine. It is at his Black Forrest shop currently. Then it is back on my plate, I am working remote on as many sub-systems as possible.
Okteenerfest gave us a good goal to shoot for.
Danny
stevegm
Registered.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 13 2015, 09:50 AM) *

Thanks Bill, will do.
John Forbes is helping me right now, with chassis reinforcements and plumbing in the new engine. It is at his Black Forrest shop currently. Then it is back on my plate, I am working remote on as many sub-systems as possible.
Danny

good luck, hope its on the road by then. sounds like you are in good hands. hopefully bill gets his on the road as well, . would be great to have a few more SC teeners on the road!. i have a goal to get an additional oil cooler installed by Mr. Bob Woodman here in beaufort here before then. otherwise i'm ready to go!
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 13 2015, 10:03 AM) *

hopefully bill gets his on the road as well, . would be great to have a few more SC teeners on the road!.

My '72 with 2.7 is at Series 9 to get everything squared away. I hope no major issues are encountered blink.gif

Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Jul 13 2015, 09:50 AM) *

Thanks Bill, will do.
Danny

Just let me know! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
room is reserved!, registered last week, sending check today!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 13 2015, 06:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 13 2015, 10:03 AM) *

hopefully bill gets his on the road as well, . would be great to have a few more SC teeners on the road!.

My '72 with 2.7 is at Series 9 to get everything squared away. I hope no major issues are encountered blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Love that color. My 71 was that color. Would love to see it in person.
billh1963
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 13 2015, 08:59 PM) *

If all goes well you will. I'm hoping for a big crowd!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 13 2015, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 13 2015, 08:59 PM) *

If all goes well you will. I'm hoping for a big crowd!

That will be really sweet! But if my wife doe sent seem too intrested...let's just say my 71 was not really very dependable and I was 24 hours late for our first date. But still somehow managed to seal the deal.
naro914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 13 2015, 10:23 PM) *

But if my wife doe sent seem too intrested...let's just say my 71 was not really very dependable and I was 24 hours late for our first date. But still somehow managed to seal the deal.

I dunno Mike...maybe she really liked the car and thats why she married you, not for your charm and good looks?? idea.gif

Mblizzard
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 14 2015, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 13 2015, 10:23 PM) *

But if my wife doe sent seem too intrested...let's just say my 71 was not really very dependable and I was 24 hours late for our first date. But still somehow managed to seal the deal.

I dunno Mike...maybe she really liked the car and thats why she married you, not for your charm and good looks?? idea.gif

Ok with that thought in mind I am pretty sure I will buying that green car!
Mblizzard
Got Rust?

Our excellent northern heavy metal experts at Restoration Design are sending something that many of us will need.

Click to view attachment

That right side engine tray below the battery is gone in many 914s. This is a part that many of us will need!

Click to view attachment
naro914
We are 9 weeks and 1 day away!!

Current list of registrants..35 people...if you're name is not on this list, Why not?? confused24.gif

If you know someone that SHOULD be on this list, get them to register!

1.) Peter Beringer
2.) Bob Bischoff
3.) Kim Blizzard
4.) Michael Blizzard
5.) Lewis Broyles
6.) Marla Broyles
7.) Nathan Burns
8.) Tom Collins
9.) Bill DeWitt
10.) Luz DeWitt
11.) Ali Dunster
12.) Bill Dunster
13.) Jim Flanagan
14.) Mel Flanagan
15.) Ken Gregory
16.) William Howerton
17.) Adrienne Jentz
18.) John Jentz
19.) Donna Knight
20.) Kelvin Knight
21.) Doug Leehr
22.) Julie Martin
23.) Steve Martin
24.) Gary McClure
25.) Judy McClure
26.) Bob Saville
27.) Nadine Saville
28.) Cathy Saxton
29.) Danny Saxton
30.) Ali Schleif
31.) Steven Schleif
32.) Danny Thomas
33.) Nancy Thomas
34.) Alek Wagner
35.) Philip Wagner
Mblizzard
As the person that has been begging sponsors to support this event I want to point out that at this point, our sponsors have donated approximately $5K in items and support for this event. Some of the best ones have not been disclosed yet.

Besides the overall cool factor of the driving, if you attend this event there is a good chance you will walk away with some really cool stuff. It will be worth the effort.
Vysoc
Bump for the Event!

And I am in again for Banner Elk, Bob check is in the mail.

I was fortunate enough to win the Custom Gauges last year on the final Raffle draw, which will become part of my 914-6 GT recreation, unfortunately not in time for this year's event. I have another great runner that I am bringing looking forward to running those outstanding roads and the cooler weather.
Last year I got to run behind the four Sixes from the Fontana Dam to the lunch site in Bryson City. ( I think idea.gif ). The sixes were spectacular and they left me in the dust.

Great time if you are not signed up you are missing a great event!!

Vysoc flag.gif biggrin.gif
Wdunster
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jul 15 2015, 06:16 PM) *

Bump for the Event!

And I am in again for Banner Elk, Bob check is in the mail.

I was fortunate enough to win the Custom Gauges last year on the final Raffle draw, which will become part of my 914-6 GT recreation, unfortunately not in time for this year's event. I have another great runner that I am bringing looking forward to running those outstanding roads and the cooler weather.
Last year I got to run behind the four Sixes from the Fontana Dam to the lunch site in Bryson City. ( I think idea.gif ). The sixes were spectacular and they left me in the dust.

Great time if you are not signed up you are missing a great event!!

Vysoc flag.gif biggrin.gif

Was that the group with bob? Hang around enough and we will have a 6 in yours. It's amazing what you can do with a set of tools and a 12 pack!
Look forward to seeing everybody.
Wdunster
Valves and carbs adjusted, some minor paint work on some under carriage and we are ready. Thinking of getting the rear brakes upgraded to the brembos. See you soon!!! beerchug.gif driving.gif
Mblizzard
Looking to go fast on some curves? The guys at Tarett Engineering are giving someone a 50% off deal on a front sway bar kit! That is some seriously well engineered kit.

Click to view attachment
Wdunster
Hey Steve,
Any grafics for the shirt yet?
It will be tough to out do last years!
See you soon
Bill
Wdunster
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 16 2015, 11:23 PM) *

Looking to go fast on some curves? The guys at Tarett Engineering are giving someone a 50% off deal on a front sway bar kit! That is some seriously well engineered kit.

Click to view attachment

That is awesome. Thanks to the sponsors!!! Let's get registered!!!!!! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Jul 16 2015, 11:24 PM) *
Hey Steve,
Any grafics for the shirt yet?
It will be tough to out do last years!
See you soon
Bill

Not yet. In Dallas working til the end of the month. Should have the design ready in early August. Hoping inspiration hits between now and then dry.gif

driving.gif
Wdunster
Love Dallas! Stay out of trouble!
Wdunster
9 weeks left!!!!
naro914
OK, so I just spoke to the hotel to finalize all the meals, rooms and such and give a deposit. She said there are 24 rooms booked already with our group.

Our room block is released on 8/17, meaning after that, you may have a tough time getting a room, so book it now and get your registration in!

Just over 8 weeks away!!!

Click to view attachment
gfg3
Would love to attend, but will be at a wedding in New York state between my nephew - Army Ranger LtCol (3 tours to Afghanistan and 2 to Iraq) and his beautiful wife-to-be - Army full Colonel doctor. Maybe next year.

George
Mblizzard
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Jul 21 2015, 01:55 PM) *

Would love to attend, but will be at a wedding in New York state between my nephew - Army Ranger LtCol (3 tours to Afghanistan and 2 to Iraq) and his beautiful wife-to-be - Army full Colonel doctor. Maybe next year.

George

Heading to Afghanistan soon. Tell your nephew many of us appreciate his service and the sacrifice he has made for our country. He has earned a great wedding day.
naro914
Totally acceptable excuse! Tell him and his new wife that everyone on 914world thanks them for all they have done and we hope their wedding day is perfect! flag.gif
hot_shoe914
I am an engine swap and some front and rear wheel bearings away with luck. One motor out and fixed and is now ready to go in. Have to get the motor out of the LE and get wheel bearings done. Still a possibility. I'm not out yet.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.