914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
914Sixer
Mark said they are close.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 1 2017, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 1 2017, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 1 2017, 07:10 AM) *

To avoid slogging through 8 pages...do we have a rough idea of expected price? I'm sure both the street and racer could use some brakes refreshing.

In the thread title:

"NEW Group Buy 914 Master Cylinders $110 each, Have a company in the US that can make them"

Smoking deal!

Is the GB price still going to be the same now that some of the spec has changed or TBA?

That said I'm still in for a couple.

We wound up having to part ways with the original company we were working wit. Everything was late and over budget, and not just a little. We did get a solid company to work with on these and have made a significant improvement on the part that when shown you will probably want. It will be a small upgrade and we are adding another option that you may want to add, but when this comes together (hopefully in about 12 days) it will be worth the wait.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 20 2017, 12:53 AM) *

It will be a small upgrade and we are adding another option that you may want to add, but when this comes together (hopefully in about 12 days) it will be worth the wait.

popcorn[1].gif
bbrock
Is it too late to get in on this?
ValcoOscar
Yes Sir....I'm in for two

Thanks
914itis
In for 1 if not too late
markhoward
Still in for one..
PanelBilly
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jun 20 2017, 06:27 AM) *

Is it too late to get in on this?

Me too
Mikey914
Nope and I suspect that there will be a few others when they see them.
JeffBowlsby
17mm? 19mm?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 20 2017, 09:10 AM) *

17mm? 19mm?

Jeff - IIRC it will be 19mm. The 911 guys will eat it up and the 914 works well with 19mm. That said, I liked the 17mm that was in my early '72. If someone REALLY wants a 17mm they are out there: http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/1475460.htm
mepstein
"The 911 guys will eat it up"
Possibly. Remember, a lot of 911 guys order from pelican and other 911 online part stores, Many will want a brand name they are familiar with. Many repair shops order from Porsche, Worldpac and SSF. So it really depends ...
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 20 2017, 03:42 PM) *

Possibly. Remember, a lot of 911 guys order from pelican and other 911 online part stores, Many will want a brand name they are familiar with. Many repair shops order from Porsche, Worldpac and SSF. So it really depends ...

Good point -
Morph914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 21 2015, 06:22 PM) *

I'm working on having new master cylinders made for the 914's. They are going to be 19mm to crossover for the 911 also. Now you can get a quality part at a reasonable price. These are about 90 days out, but they will be a quality product, that is fully engineered, not some junk imported from China.

Who's in?

I would like one.

Thanks,
John
Jgilliam914
I am in for 2!
mepstein
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 20 2017, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 20 2017, 03:42 PM) *

Good point -

And I'm not implying that Mark's product won't be equal or superior to what's currently offered. It's just many shops differ from the way a lot of us search out parts. They traditionally order from a couple major suppliers and that's it.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 21 2017, 07:30 AM) *

And I'm not implying that Mark's product won't be equal or superior to what's currently offered. It's just many shops differ from the way a lot of us search out parts. They traditionally order from a couple major suppliers and that's it.

I knew exactly what you meant - it is changing old habits. Perhaps if the upgrade/features are worthy then the word will spread and the rest will be history.
westo2
If this is still available - I'm in on one!
02loftsmoor
still in for one
turnaround89
I'm still in for one. Can't wait to see the part!! Keep up the great work!
Mikey914
Yes 19mm. Soon very soon.
pete-stevers
I will need one too!
john77
I'm in for one.
jesse7flying
Put me down for one please.
seanpaulmc
Yes please. I am in for one.
rvanderpyl
I have been ignoring all the group buys because I have to many basic things to fix before spending money on stuff I won't need for years, but this one I have to jump one.

So I am in.
turnaround89
Any update on the master cylinder?
amfab
in for one as well
Mikey914
Good news the casting (one of the final pieces is now done we are working with a finishing company to put a durable finish on these and I'm supposed to be able to pick up a sample Thursday afternoon!

Assembly will follow as soon as we finish 2 more parts (in the next week or so). There was no point in doing up too many castings until we had all parts ready and the coating is one of the last steps here!
I'll post pics as soon as I have in hand

Mark Henry
Guys if you look at the timeline of this thread it shows you how long it takes to get an idea on paper to product. Plus the fact that this is not just a simple part.
Lots of time and money invested from any member who builds a product like this for us.

Thanks Mark for doing this thumb3d.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 11 2017, 07:51 AM) *

Guys if you look at the timeline of this thread it shows you how long it takes to get an idea on paper to product. Plus the fact that this is not just a simple part.
Lots of time and money invested from any member who builds a product like this for us.

agree.gif beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 11 2017, 05:51 AM) *

That is for sure as both you and I can verify that.
Dion
A 19mm for me please!
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 11 2017, 06:51 AM) *

That and it has to be right!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 11 2017, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 11 2017, 05:51 AM) *

That is for sure as both you and I can verify that.

Yes wink.gif
I want peeps who are a bit on the impatient side to realize that these products don't just magically appear.

It takes time to plan, prototype, test, fix issues, 2nd prototype, test, fix issues, rinse repeat, finally put into production, then assemble before a product is ready for prime time.

To quote Homer..."Patience my pet."
shoguneagle
Just knowing the need for critical parts such as the master cylinder AND knowing how Mikey has developed parts in the past everything done will provide a great part. I would take pride in knowing that A UNITED STATES PART PRODUCTION was on my car.

The development appears a lot like how we restore our cars. We expect to complete our cars in 1-2 years; several years we are still working on them and they have developed a reputation of being "jack stand" zombies. This is not the case in what Mikey is trying to do; he has been constantly working, searching, adjusting, etc to bring a new complex product to market for our needs. He has put up with a bad factory builder situation and has changed in mid-stream to move ahead. A lot of "cheer and encouragement" goes to Mikey for pursuing this part development.

What is being done is going to be better the URO parts. 1000 fold better.

If Mikey is doing it, it will be done right; quality, and function will be there.

There is an old tv commercial regarding a kid called "Mikey". This situation reminds me of the saying, "Where is Mikey??? Mikey is out playing with new parts development. Therefore, let Mikey do it!!". I have the highest respect for all his parts he has developed in the past; they are on my 12 year 914 restoration.

Without all our suppliers/manufacturers/developers we could not have supported/restored so many of our 914s that are on the road. They would still be resting on jack stands.

Thanks, Mikey and the rest of our suppliers for taking on large tasks such as this one and getting them completed.

Steve Hurt
PS: If there are any left, you can put me down for one. mellow.gif huh.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
Good news is these have been completely made - All parts are done. We have assembled one and set to an independent party for verification of fitment and some testing.

We've been a little quite about these lately as we want to do these right.

With that being said not all part are 100% US. We were able to source some spring clips and a few other parts. We were happy with the performance, or we would not have proceeded. I wanted to disclose that we did do this, but we unlike the name we shall not mention are actually committed to QC on these parts.

We anticipate word in the next 10 days or so, then full production to follow!!!
drem914
Perfect timing. I am in for one as soon as they are available.
shoguneagle
Like I said earlier. "Let Mikey do it!". This also means giving credit to all the others who supported and were involved in getting this job done. There is always a little outsourcing but the focus was US made.
turnaround89
Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see(buy) the new part!
Mikey914
Also there is a secret upgrade that we will announce as an option for those that want it.
Frankvw
Thanks for the update. The secret update is keeping us in suspense here !
Give us a hint.... willll it be a 914 specific update...?
Thanks for the development in this area.
westo2
driving.gif

Perfect timing!
db9146
I'm in for 1...maybe 2.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Jul 31 2017, 01:32 AM) *

Thanks for the update. The secret update is keeping us in suspense here !
Give us a hint.... willll it be a 914 specific update...?
Thanks for the development in this area.

Yes it is specific to this part. I think it will be a hit. once you know what it is I think most will want it.
76-914
It must be a new attach method for the hoses off the reservoir. beerchug.gif
911buff
I am in for one, if any are not spoken for!!!!
Mikey914
We've geared up to do 100 on the 1st run. so there should be plenty to go around.
markhoward
also in for one
amfab
Me2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.