Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW Group Buy 914 Master Cylinders $110 each
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
76-914
Ordered mine this weekend. Thx again for doing this Mark. beerchug.gif
drem914
Mike, I asked how it was going, but never asked to be put on the GB. Please put me down for one. Now I can finish up my brake refresh. Thanks,
02loftsmoor
I would like one also
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far (I think - Let me know if I missed anyone).

Also, we have have sold out all of the easy option. We are in production of the next 200 units and will have them finished up in 3 weeks (or less). The good news is we will keep the GB open until production is complete. The other items on GB will close Nov15th, but we have a whole new grouping of parts for GB that will be ready at that time so the good news is we can combine if you so choose. I can only say that they are a major grouping I think at least a few of you will want. Again with improvements to make your like easier.
mepstein
There goes my kids Christmas present money biggrin.gif
rjames
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 13 2017, 09:32 PM) *

Evaluation went well, we got over 10,000 cycles on the test unit before the weld broke. It kept cycling for some time, so we are not really shur how many more , but we were comfortable there were at leas that many. Never thought that we should put a kill switch on it, so it cycled for some time after.

What is the industry standard for acceptable number of cycles before a failure?
10,000 seems like a low number if it refers to the number of times the master cylinder is engaged, but maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.
Also curious if you tested for side-loading.
Not criticizing, just asking after coming across this web site: Hydraulics and Pneumatics These are what stops the car after all. biggrin.gif

For the record, I'm very happy you're making the part and have already bought one.
Mikey914
Well if URO is using industry standard it must be 5 cycles.
But seriously, we did do our homework, and have an outside company (that this is their business) running QC on these (each one) before they ship. This is one of the reasons it takes a little longer in the production cycle on these.
Jazzy
I'm late to the party, but what if I would like one with the easy option too?
Mikey914
Update on the Easy Kit.
I went to do installation instructions today and noted that one of the components was not optimal. It’s the nipple closest to the foot pedal bulkhead. . We did clear the bulkhead t, but the hose was close enough that it was not an ideal install. We are re-machining these right now and will ship the rest out this last week. For those of you that we have shipped. We will send you the corrected part. We also included the splice hoses longer than you needed as they can be cut to length, but we will be finalizing the cut length to make for minimal cutting.
I appreciate your patience, we had been focused more on the master cylinder itself and the CQ for operation prior to shipping, and even though I had measured this all out before I had not allowed for the hose being installed. I have Taylor working on these this weekend and Carry will be helping to get the installation pics so we can show you the how to.

Sincerely,
Mark
RoadGlue
Thanks for the update and for making this kit in the first place. Can't wait, though no rush for my order.
76-914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 3 2017, 08:20 PM) *

Update on the Easy Kit.
I went to do installation instructions today and noted that one of the components was not optimal. It’s the nipple closest to the foot pedal bulkhead. . We did clear the bulkhead t, but the hose was close enough that it was not an ideal install. We are re-machining these right now and will ship the rest out this last week. For those of you that we have shipped. We will send you the corrected part. We also included the splice hoses longer than you needed as they can be cut to length, but we will be finalizing the cut length to make for minimal cutting.
I appreciate your patience, we had been focused more on the master cylinder itself and the CQ for operation prior to shipping, and even though I had measured this all out before I had not allowed for the hose being installed. I have Taylor working on these this weekend and Carry will be helping to get the installation pics so we can show you the how to.

Sincerely,
Mark

In that case I'm glad I haven't received mine yet! laugh.gif
Mikey914
Actually had Cary I stall today. And we're modifying these to start you g out Wed. Thanks all. I just need to get the pics from Cary and I'll get the instructions done up too.
02loftsmoor
I've got my new Cylinder, I'm think I missed something, I do I need to buy the fitting kit?
sb914
Click to view attachment
RoadGlue
av-943.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Nov 6 2017, 10:02 AM) *

I've got my new Cylinder, I'm think I missed something, I do I need to buy the fitting kit?

I can check, a few didn't opt for the easy option that decided they wanted it. Drop me a PM with your last name I can check.
We will allow for a upgrade after the fact, but you'll need to send the stock version back as it's not interchangeable. If its our mistake we will cover the postage back too.
Just PM me we can get you what you need.
Thanks,
Mark
restore2seater
Any update, Mark?
Mikey914
Got the modified kit finalized and installed in my car. Doing instructions tomorrow. Been out at the day job since Friday. I'll be checking in and posting tomorrow. I know we are close on having all the pieces ready and will update delivery schedule.
Mark
Mikey914
Unfortunately, things got a little behind in my absence. The schedule to complete and have tested will put these just after thanksgiving. Look for these to ship the 27th. If we can get them earlier we will, but best to be done right.
Sincerely,
Mark W

We will be closing out the GB today as the end of the production run is eminent.
Mueller
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 15 2017, 07:56 AM) *

Unfortunately, things got a little behind in my absence. The schedule to complete and have tested will put these just after thanksgiving. Look for these to ship the 27th. If we can get them earlier we will, but best to be done right.
Sincerely,
Mark W

We will be closing out the GB today as the end of the production run is eminent.

Too late to get on it then? Saw that you are backdated on your website. ETA on new batch?
Mikey914
PM's sent
GregAmy
Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but is there a way to visually identify while on the car what MC is in it? I'm sure the street car has the original, but I want to know about the race car, which has shown itself to have a history of minor "regs-questionable" mods... wink.gif
Chris914n6
I'd like one too with the easy option.

Mikey914
PMs sent
914six
hello,

i would like a 19mm master cylinder with the easy option..

can paypal you or give you my cc#..

Thanks,
Harry
porschesix2003@yahoo.com
drem914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 15 2017, 07:56 AM) *

Sincerely,
Mark W

So shipping on these will take place after thanksgiving on all orders placed under the first and second wave of GB with the "easy kit option" included?
Mikey914
No not quite correct.
We are wrspping rhese up. We have an outside company running QC and are somewhat at the mercy of thier schedule. Thrse are supposed to be ready this week, so maybe some will run into Thanksgiving.

Also the easy kit IS AN OPTION,
You have to select it.
Because the body is machined differently you cant just add it onto the base model. We will take exchanges back for full credit and allow you to upgrade it if there is any confusion.
Shadowfax
Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks, Mark.
76-914
Me too. It's still in the box and will be for the next several months but what a deal. beerchug.gif
02loftsmoor
what is the easy kit???
Mikey914
The easy kit is a modified master cylinder that allows for easier installation with solid connections. Designed to minimize the swearing required with the OEM version.
JoeD
Mark, I received my new master cylinder with easy-install option; planning on doing the install this weekend. I haven't seen the install write-up- maybe it's buried in thread and I've missed it. Will it be obvious how the easy-install kit connects to the reservoir lines?
Mikey914
It's actually pretty straight forward but I will work on this today so I can send it out to you.
Thanks,
Mark
SKL1
Mark- you may want to post that here too. I need a refresher on bench bleeding it.

At least with the easy option I shouldn't have to take out the fuel tank!!
Mikey914
We didn't need to either. biggrin.gif
fixer34
Yes, some instructions would help. Received mine today with the EZ install kit.
One of the threaded adapters was already installed (nearest the bellows); in a plastic bag there is a hose with plastic webbing on it and a screw clamp. In a smaller bag, another hose with 3 spring clamps and the second adapter. Curious why the second adapter is smaller than the first one.

Let us know what you designed to go where.
Mikey914
I've completed the instructions and forwarded to another member to review and add notes. I planned to get some feedback and modify to make a s clear as possible. I'll forward everyone a copy tomorrow.
mark
JoeD
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 5 2017, 02:41 AM) *

I've completed the instructions and forwarded to another member to review and add notes. I planned to get some feedback and modify to make a s clear as possible. I'll forward everyone a copy tomorrow.
mark

Mark, did not get a chance to install the MC this weekend. Hoping to get under the car today but it may be the weekend. Sorry for that.
JoeD
Well, the easy option turned out not to be so easy for me, but not Mark's fault.

Got the old MC pulled and removed the reservoir clamp yesterday but ran into a snag. I'm pretty sure someone zip-tied the reservoir lines are together underneath the gas tank, likely just before they separate, connect to the flared tubes and pass through the grommets. Although I have plenty of slack under the reservoir, I can't pull even a half-inch of reservoir line free under the car- impossible to cut and attach the 2 pieces of hose to connect to the MC.

The lines were zip-tied together twice under the reservoir that I can see before they disappear under the tank; I can only assume more of the same under there and that's what's keeping me from being able to pull any line under the car to work with. The lines are definitely hung up on something, somewhere under the tank.

So... going to have to pull the tank anyway, and it certainly didn't save me any swearing. Again, not Mark's problem, but as usual with this car, any "easy" job QUICKLY turns into headbang.gif
drem914
QUOTE(JoeD @ Dec 5 2017, 04:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 5 2017, 02:41 AM) *

mark

Mark, did not get a chance to install the MC this weekend. Hoping to get under the car today but it may be the weekend. Sorry for that.

So has there been a final write up done yet and sent out? Just want to make sure I don't mess up anything with the switch over to the new MC. And, since it's up in the air and have to bleed down everything I am installing a new complete set of PMB calipers all around.
Mikey914
We have the initial instructions that I've emailed to all that have purchased on Dec 5th. The initial feedback is that the initial set is pretty complete. Bleeding the master cylinder is still an issue. Mostly due to the nature of the layout. I have cautioned to not use power bleeders to bleed the system. This is primarily because I did not test the pressure at which the hoses will leak. The old hoses may not take the load. We have included clamps to help hold the lower section.

These install like the factory master cylinders, but the inlet ports can be mechanicaly secured.

Let me know if you can't find in your inbox.

Mark
restore2seater
Mark,

This was in an email sent to me on Dec. 5th.

"We are compiling our instruction sheet for this part. It is a relatively straight forward process, The big issue was the insertion of the tubes with the rubber grommets. These are particularly troublesome. This kit allows for a much easier installation of the reservoir lines. You will still need to bleed the system and insure that the pedal pin is correctly inserted into the master cylinder.

If you have any tips or tricks you would like us to include we would look forward to your input.

Thanks again,
Mark Whitesell"

Haven't received any other email about instructions since then.

Mikey914
Just sent out. Check your email should be there.
Mark
restore2seater
Got it. Pretty simple. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something out of the ordinary I didn't know of. Customer service second to none. first.gif

Thanks Mark.
76-914
Hey guys, if you haven't bench bled a master cylinder there are lots and lots of videos on youtube on how to bench bleed brake master cylinders. beerchug.gif
drem914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 19 2017, 11:19 PM) *

Mark

Got it. Thanks,
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 20 2017, 09:33 AM) *

Mark

Got it. Thanks,

Mark,
Can i get a copy of the instructions, just now getting around to installing

thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Jan 3 2018, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 20 2017, 09:33 AM) *

Mark

Got it. Thanks,

Mark,
Can i get a copy of the instructions, just now getting around to installing

thanks

Drop me your email. I can resend.
Mark
KELTY360
Has anybody installed the MC using the quick connect kit? Do you have to cut off the flares from the resevoir lines?
PanelBilly
I bought one but it’s still in my sock drawer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.