Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally - GT project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mitox
I might actually get my 914 back soon!! - but then I’ll need to remember how to put it back together.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mitox
Here’s a pic of the front bumper in-work. The lower valence will be flared and have the lower section of the oil cooler opening.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That is really looking nice. beerchug.gif
Mitox
Another primer coat closer to final paint.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mitox
So, I’m having a rough time deciding on the bumper color.

Body color, black, or green to match the green “Porsche” graphic going on the side (front valence and rockers will be black). I like all options.

Here are a few sample pics I’ve found.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mitox
I think I’m liking this direction: green graphics and bumpers. Maybe paint the horn grills green also.

Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
I like your green bumper black valence and rockers.. looks slick, but i dont like the green pedals and black background and polished barrels on the wheels. Wheels look best in orig pic, green pedals and background, polished or anodized barrels.

Other option is to paint the bumper black or body color and wrap with green, gives you an option to go back to in the future…
gereed75
Really liking the green treatment in post 305. Not so much 311. You asked

Really like 306. Best painted bumper scheme I’ve seen. Only one I like actually. Maybe better than chrome.
Mitox
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Jan 30 2024, 11:30 PM) *

I like your green bumper black valence and rockers.. looks slick, but i dont like the green pedals and black background and polished barrels on the wheels. Wheels look best in orig pic, green pedals and background, polished or anodized barrels.

Other option is to paint the bumper black or body color and wrap with green, gives you an option to go back to in the future…

Thanks for the input. I don’t like the wheels either, but wanted to see what it looked like.
Mitox
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 31 2024, 12:29 AM) *

Really liking the green treatment in post 305. Not so much 311. You asked

Really like 306. Best painted bumper scheme I’ve seen. Only one I like actually. Maybe better than chrome.

Yep, I asked - thanks for the input. beerchug.gif

Considering the RSR finish on the wheels also.
mepstein
I like the green on everything but the wheels. But wheels are wheels, easy to have more than one set for changing moods and uses.
East coaster
Nice fab work on the inlet. I keep feeling I should’ve done that on mine, I guess time will tell.
mb911
That bumper opening looks very 914-8 like. Having done a few hundred now I see the difference
Cairo94507
Very nice metal work on the valance and bumper. beerchug.gif
Mitox
Thanks. I must give credit where it is due, Greg, the guy working the body back to perfection is doing an excellent job. He’s built many great cars, but this is his first Porsche.

After the body and paint are done, I get to start working on it again - can’t wait

Mitox
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 2 2024, 07:36 PM) *

That bumper opening looks very 914-8 like. Having done a few hundred now I see the difference

We decided to make the opening radius a little smaller to match what has been done on the valence. - it looked a little too large.

Mitox
More paint pics - seal coat going on

Click to view attachment

And one more touch up needed on the trunk lid

Click to view attachment
Mitox
The body is next for final prime and seal coat

Click to view attachment
Mitox
Just mixed the the green this morning. This is for the bumpers and side graphics; the color in the pic is a little off - should be Viper Green M6C.

Click to view attachment
Mitox
The body is now in sealer - looks like pearl

Click to view attachment

Mitox
I wanted to do one more thing before paint goes on. The gap/joint at the fender-cowl is getting a liquid epoxy sealer that runs into the joint. Probably unnecessary, but it makes me feel good.

Click to view attachment
Mitox
Used a syringe to get it into the bottom of the joint.

Click to view attachment

Mitox
Base coat going on. Can’t wait to get it back in my garage!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TRS63
Already looking fantastic shades.gif

Antoine
Mitox
Final paint and clear coat! Still need to get a stencil for the green side graphic.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TRS63
Looking forward to the reassembly pictures!

Bests

Antoine
rgalla9146
Fantasstic color choice !! biggrin.gif
Mitox
More color!

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
A freshly painted shell is a thing of pure beauty. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Great job, great color

Here's mine

I congratulate you!!!!

309.gif

O

Click to view attachment

Dion
QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 28 2024, 06:06 AM) *

Looking fantastic. That’s a good feeling, seeing it like that. beerchug.gif
Mitox
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 28 2024, 09:54 AM) *

Great job, great color

Here's mine

I congratulate you!!!!

309.gif

O

Click to view attachment

Very nice; I like your black trim - thinking of doing that myself.
Mitox
! I’m loving it! We couldn’t get a template made, so ended up using a mile of tape. But, it worked really well. It will get cleared tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

East coaster
They came out great! That must’ve been tedious but it looks perfect.
Mitox
Four years later the 914 is back in my garage. Time for reassembly - and buying more stuff. I’ll need to make decisions on the suspension: front sway bar, torsion bars, rear springs, and shocks. I’ve already decided to use Elephant Racing rubber on the control arms and trailing arms.

Click to view attachment

930cabman
There is one thing of beauty.
East coaster
Looks great, loving the grasshopper look!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.