Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2017 * Official Thread *
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
StratPlayer
icon_bump.gif
JRust
I am going to bow out. I am not going to have my car ready in time. Funds are a little limited as well. So best for me to just miss this year sad.gif . If anyone needs a hotel room. I will be canceling mine this week. Happy to let someone else take over my reservation. I was going to share a room with Chris from Vegas. So if there is someone looking to split a room. That is still a possibility. You've got until friday to take over my reservation if you want it. I am at the silver pines check in Friday. Checkout Sunday in the Owls Nest Duplex 8. With taxes it is 108.70 per night. Shoot me a PM if you want it
Chris914n6
^^ Correction. I actually booked my own room in Idyllwild. We were going to split the Motel6, but that's not that pricey so don't worry about me biggrin.gif
JustinMeier
I'm up in the air on this one.

I'll have the engine removed this weekend hopefully but I may not have it fully fixed in time to bring it. :-/
76-914
icon_bump.gif
Larmo63
Kent, is Friday night parking lot - bullshit - beer - PIZZA - dope - etc. night?

Saturday night is the banquet?

Has this all been explained here and I just didn't feel like reading 8 pages of this?

beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif barf.gif chair.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 29 2017, 10:35 PM) *

Kent, is Friday night parking lot - bullshit - beer - PIZZA - dope - etc. night?

Saturday night is the banquet?

Has this all been explained here and I just didn't feel like reading 8 pages of this?

beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif barf.gif chair.gif

Correctomundo. And for those arriving Thursday, add Thursday nite to the shenanigan list. beerchug.gif
JRust
I called & cancelled my room today sad.gif . You guys have a blast. Wish I could be there
rhodyguy
My ride to Temecula is confirmed. No need for you to drive to Ontario on Thursday. Sending pm.
76-914
You guys better get your rides clean and shiny. Socalandy is bringing his beautiful 6. Kevin, received your PM, I'll call you later today.
76-914
For those not staying at the motel in Idyllwild; Steve just pointed out that I hadn't posted the restaurant info so here it is.
Fratello's Ristorante/ 54295 Ridgeview Dr/ Idyllwild, CA 92549
Date: Saturday 4/22/17, 7:00PM.
76-914
I wonder if we could talk John, a Top Tier Bartender, into making Margarita's Friday nite. aktion035.gif
914-300Hemi
Pretty good menu.
StratPlayer
Getting close drunk.gif piratenanner.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Cool. What does 13e mean? Just so I have an answer when asked.
VegasRacer
It means that this is the thirteenth edition of the Route 66 Classic. first.gif
76-914
13th Edition / beginning 4/20. Hmmm smoke.gif
forrestkhaag
Hey Kent: Thanks for all of your hard work to bring this drive and reunion-meeting of Teeners to fruition..

I remain silent on participation until my 914 isn't. Isn't silent that is...

I've driven to Idlewild in my SUV several times and it aint that exciting in that ride ...... So hopefully I will have the 6 sorted out prior to the event / but have fun to all Teeners in any case.
beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 5 2017, 07:47 AM) *
13[/color]th Edition / beginning 4/20. Hmmm smoke.gif
laugh.gif

13'E' = Injected
76-914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 5 2017, 08:01 AM) *

Hey Kent: Thanks for all of your hard work to bring this drive and reunion-meeting of Teeners to fruition..

I remain silent on participation until my 914 isn't. Isn't silent that is...

I've driven to Idlewild in my SUV several times and it aint that exciting in that ride ...... So hopefully I will have the 6 sorted out prior to the event / but have fun to all Teeners in any case.
beerchug.gif

Your welcome and that's fine but I d need to know whether or not you will be attending the banquet by Friday afternoon. beerchug.gif
michael7810
AZ just released a Rt 66 personalized plate and look what's available. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
Nice.

How much are these plates, Michael? ... and are they an extra charge every year?

Also, how much is normal AZ registration for your 914?

CA has been charging me $83./yr for a 914. The Ghia just went up for 2018 tags (from $83. to $97.) ... so expecting to get screwed on the other vehicles too mad.gif

FYI, CA personalized retro black plates were $50. for the initial purchase with an additional 'fee' of $40./yr dry.gif
michael7810
Hey Mark - in AZ the best way to go is with collector car registration which requires similar insurance. I use American Collectors insurance and it's $300 per year for the 914 & 944. Plates for the 914 were $115 for 5 years. It would have been $50 less except I have a specialty plate (historic car). So the Rt 66 plate would be $115 for 5 years and if you personalize it that adds probably another $50 (AZ has a nice website that makes it easy to get drivers license and car registration info/purchases www.servicearizona.com). Welcome to 'zona.
76-914
icon_bump.gif 914rubber shipped a bunch of goodies for those attending the Banquet. Thx Mark piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
Fun times for all.
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2017, 07:45 AM) *

icon_bump.gif 914rubber shipped a bunch of goodies for those attending the Banquet. Thx Mark piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

.....and I hear Larwrwnce will be selling all the 914 Rubber goodies he won back in 2015 at the WCR in the parking lot.

Just kidding. icon_bump.gif

euro911
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 6 2017, 06:20 AM) *
Hey Mark - in AZ the best way to go is with collector car registration which requires similar insurance. I use American Collectors insurance and it's $300 per year for the 914 & 944. Plates for the 914 were $115 for 5 years. It would have been $50 less except I have a specialty plate (historic car). So the Rt 66 plate would be $115 for 5 years and if you personalize it that adds probably another $50 (AZ has a nice website that makes it easy to get drivers license and car registration info/purchases www.servicearizona.com). Welcome to 'zona.
Thanks for the info smile.gif I have the DR license form already filled out and there is a DMV office in Payson. They do require some sort of safety inspection for out-of-state vehicles coming into the state for registration, IIRC.

I'll be starting off with the post-1975 vehicles as the bi-annual smog checks aren't required in Gila County. No issues, all of them pass smog in CA with flying colors anyway ... but added up, it costs an extra $200. for the CA smog checks on those - in addition to the rising CA annual registration 'fees'.

I'll look into the collectors insurance for the P-cars - even the insurance is less expensive in AZ mueba.gif
76-914
Can the Rt66 high jacking. poke.gif Especially if you ain't going. biggrin.gif
76-914
Wow. I completely forgot that Chris Foley aka Tangerine Racing, was donating some of his goodies. We all know Chris makes goooood stuff too, right? The package was waiting here when I got home. I didn't even need to solicit Chris. He called me and volunteered to sponsor. Thank you Chris and Mark and all the others who are sponsoring RT66 this year. We had only one sponsor fall out this year and that was due to the fact that none of us could or would take the time to send him some pics of last years run. confused24.gif Oh well, we faired pretty well regardless. One of the members is bringing a couple of donations as well Glen who has promised a few goodies ala Pelican Parts. This should be the year that everyone "wins" something. When your finished reading this post please read the sentence below in RED that is part of my signature. We need parts to keep our cars running and these guys are providing them. What's more, many of those NLA parts that are being reconstructed are better than the factory made. So let's spend our $$$ where they do the most good. Our member vendors. Thanks a bunch again to this years sponsors. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2017, 01:55 PM) *
Can the Rt66 high jacking. poke.gif Especially if you ain't going. biggrin.gif
Too many irons in the fire at the present time ... next year, for sure cool_shades.gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2017, 04:08 PM) *

Wow. I completely forgot that Chris Foley aka Tangerine Racing, was donating some of his goodies. We all know Chris makes goooood stuff too, right? The package was waiting here when I got home. I didn't even need to solicit Chris. He called me and volunteered to sponsor. Thank you Chris and Mark and all the others who are sponsoring RT66 this year. We had only one sponsor fall out this year and that was due to the fact that none of us could or would take the time to send him some pics of last years run. confused24.gif Oh well, we faired pretty well regardless. One of the members is bringing a couple of donations as well Glen who has promised a few goodies ala Pelican Parts. This should be the year that everyone "wins" something. When your finished reading this post please read the sentence below in RED that is part of my signature. We need parts to keep our cars running and these guys are providing them. What's more, many of those NLA parts that are being reconstructed are better than the factory made. So let's spend our $$$ where they do the most good. Our member vendors. Thanks a bunch again to this years sponsors. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Very well said Kent.
76-914
Just opened the Goodies Box from 914rubber last nite. OMG cheer.gif . Very generous pray.gif Mark. Thank you so very much. Made me want to cancel Rt66 and abscond with the goodies. happy11.gif Thanks again Mark. You da man beerchug.gif . Kent
Keith914
What time and where will you assemble to begin driving on Saturday morning of this event?
76-914
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Apr 9 2017, 03:19 PM) *

What time and where will you assemble to begin driving on Saturday morning of this event?

At the Motel listed in the first post. Departure is at 9:14 AM!
forrestkhaag
Hey Kent: This will be the first Rt66 I have missed since my acquisition of this 914 / This unfortunate condition may be averted if our pal Perry delivers on his production of my engine harness but time is thin to say the least. Without it the car is ready to fire up but has no fire... sheeplove.gif

My goal was to get it sorted out prior to the event but there is still the break in process what ever that is..... In any case, happy travels to all involved.

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: Maybe a dose of guilt will get the shrinkwrap heated up.... lol-2.gif
76-914
No problem, I didn't include you with the Banquet count after your previous couple of "iffy" posts.. Kent
Blue6
Bumparooski.... l plan on thurs early evening...
914_teener
I am getting excited about just getting out of town.

I haven't driven the car at all this year but.....given that it is a mere -4 with stock injection...it will probably just fire right up and run.

and run and run and run....woooo woooo.

No jack stands and six conversion for me! icon_bump.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
I'll be sporting my "Slits" ribbon as well, beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
Be in Vegas wed. meet up with John Peterson then caravan to temeluca thursday. Looking forward to this.
76-914
icon_bump.gif We are officially in the countdown mode. piratenanner.gif
76-914
piratenanner.gif Woohoo! Carli from Sierra Madre Collections just called and they are sending some goodies for our Rt66 Awards/Banquet Diner! Hope it's one of their cool T-shirts or Coffee Mugs. biggrin.gif Thx again to Sierra Madre and all of our supporters. beerchug.gif Just another excellent reason to support our Member Vendors! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
Nice work putting this together Kent.
oldschool
Going to miss this one sad.gif and I so wanted to drive the prius biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2017, 08:10 AM) *

Nice work putting this together Kent.

Well thanks, Kevin. My youngest daughter is a professional "Events Planner" in Austin and deals with Fortune 500 clients as well as international clients. I believe I just gained a new whole new respect for her profession. av-943.gif
76-914
Are any of you guys bringing GO Pro's? Sure would like to see some video's of this event. beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
Yep I will have my go pro at the event.
76-914
Great Jim, I hope there will be more than one. Andy usually runs one too. Just got off the phone with the restaurant. I put down a $10 per plate deposit so if your name is in blue on the first post and you don't attend, you owe me $10. One mo week!!!!! beerchug.gif
cpavlenko
I'm sorry to say I can't make the event this year. I had a real good time at last years route 66 run. Enjoyed the new friends I met, and the camaraderie...Hopefully next year I'll make the event sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif . Have a good time all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.