Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2017 * Official Thread *
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 1 2016, 06:14 PM) *

I'm gonna be staying in the 'teener room. # 14, Ponderosa, at the village in Idyllwild.

What rooms did everybody else choose? confused24.gif

I got Room 6; as in a six cylinder!
michael7810
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2016, 07:52 AM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 1 2016, 06:14 PM) *

I'm gonna be staying in the 'teener room. # 14, Ponderosa, at the village in Idyllwild.

What rooms did everybody else choose? confused24.gif

I got Room 6; as in a six cylinder!

I got room 9; as in the other third of VegasRacer's teener room
rhodyguy
66 and 36 is pretty balmy.
StratPlayer
Going to be a fun rally.....Rooms booked
rhodyguy
Rooms booked. Mention you're with the 914 group at the beginning of the the process. slap.gif It will speed things up a bit. If folks are checking the motel website's calendar for room availability, don't be alarmed by the red XXs. Kent has them set aside for us.

Kent, any idea what the headcount is at this point?
76-914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 2 2016, 09:24 AM) *

Rooms booked. Mention you're with the 914 group at the beginning of the the process. slap.gif It will speed things up a bit. If folks are checking the motel website's calendar for room availability, don't be alarmed by the red XXs. Kent has them set aside for us.

Kent, any idea what the headcount is at this point?

~50
G e o r g e
Booked..
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 2 2016, 09:22 AM) *

Going to be a fun rally.....Rooms booked

I was thinking of you 3 when I looked for Pet Friendly motels. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
And a Rte 66 special......
rhodyguy
Quick lunch? What town is that place in?
G e o r g e
Kevin they are all over, I have one 3 minutes from me in the OC
76-914
3 weeks left to reserve your room in Idyllwild. Once these rooms are released to the public they will go like Hot Cakes and the next nearest accommodations are about 60 miles away. More than 3 months left to reserve your room in Temecula. beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
icon_bump.gif

Book your rooms in Idyllwild NOW. They are only being held until Jan 2.
The rooms will go on the open market after that and are sure to sell out.
forrestkhaag
If I have the six up and running, I'm all in for a few runs with this motly crew / taking Steve's approach on lodgings - returning home in the evening....

Cheers
JRust
Okay I am booked. Just hope I can swing it
Keith914
I am in and will be following Steve and Forrest re accommodation.
Larmo63
Booked in Idyllwild. I hope I'm running in the /6 by then. If not, I'll still be there!!!

forrestkhaag
And I will be happy to offer a ride to Larmo if he has to drive his lifted man-sized toyoto in lieu of his bitchin 914 ....

This ride-offer assumes Larmo can handle the chance of another four wheel lock up at speed - headed for certain disaster while blowing a red light in Flagstaff on a downtown intersection icy road / The only good news is that I miraculously released the brake pedal at the last nano-second to regain four wheel traction to whip left... then hard right..... in a whipsaw maneuver to relock the wheels to the pavement - and then to blaze a shining trail thru the intersection and on to the parking lot for the ubiquitous bucolic 914 review.... during the terrifying hair raising slip-slide event - and locked hopelessly in the passenger seat,

Larmo never made a sound.......

He can ride or drive my car anytime.

Maybe that isn't in the cards/........... av-943.gif

jim_hoyland
Gotta book a room still......
oldschool
I may be able to hang out to some of the events. My crazy work schedule dry.gif
can I bring this? Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Booked my room and got an update.

Rooms still open that are being held for us: 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20.

Lodge preview
Village preview
rhodyguy
Are we going to be driving on the 'Nate Harrison Grd' on the way to the observatory?
76-914
If that is the one that has the great overlook into the valley; yes. Bill Murray has a home down there. Thx for checking on the vacancies, Chris. beerchug.gif
Cuda911
Holy Macaroni, how did I miss this thread????

Count me in, will book tomorrow.
don-6
Booked. #17, Cedar. Looking forward to this trip. See you all soon. aktion035.gif

Don
Blue6
Booked biggrin.gif icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
What is on the agenda for Sat ?
76-914
A drive thru the area e.g. mountains, lunch, more driving, diner at one of 2 restaurants. (I haven't decided which one yet but both have fantastic YELP reviews and have outdoor seating & live music.) then the awards banquet. Mark of 914rubber has graciously offered to supply some prizes. If someone wants to take on contacting the other vendors for prizes speak up. I'll gladly delegate that chore. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Booked
76-914
It wouldn't be complete w/o you, Jim. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 2 2017, 07:11 AM) *

It wouldn't be complete w/o you, Jim. beerchug.gif

Idyllwild is an interesting destination; looking forward to a return visit. Definitely has the feel of old California resorts in the mountains
Mike D.
Room Booked! Now I need to make a 914 run right.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jan 2 2017, 12:31 PM) *

Room Booked! Now I need to make a 914 run right.

You got 3 1/2 months ??? smile.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif This gonna be a great run; there will be snow up in Idyllwild. Note to Forrest; bring chains biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 1 2017, 07:53 AM) *

. . . . If someone wants to take on contacting the other vendors for prizes speak up. I'll gladly delegate that chore. biggrin.gif

pray.gif KMA.gif for donations is not really my bag.

I will be happy to take care of the shirts. elvira.gif
(long sleeve)

Who is doing the car show and awards? first.gif confused24.gif
rhodyguy
April can't get here soon enough to suit me. This is shaping up to be a BIG event!
sb914
Click to view attachment seems like there's always another event going on at the same time. headbang.gif maybe do a drive by.
914_teener
Yep...dat was brought up.
VegasRacer
Only 3 months / 90 days to go. poke.gif Get ready.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 20 2017, 07:49 PM) *

Only 3 months / 90 days to go. poke.gif Get ready.

Definitely gonna need to have the heater working....
StratPlayer
icon_bump.gif
rhodyguy
I AM ready.
Coondog
Hope my motor transplant is done by then !!!!!
914_teener
icon_bump.gif

I'll be doing Saturday and Sat night and FOS on Sunday.

Good to see some of the regulars and some new folks hopefully.

See ya guys there.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 3 2017, 06:32 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

I'll be doing Saturday and Sat night and FOS on Sunday.

Good to see some of the regulars and some new folks hopefully.

See ya guys there.

Michelle and I will be doing the same except we will come on Friday.
olsib914

Kim and I are booked for the whole show....now if the transmission is done, it will be great to have first gear back
yet another Mike
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
76-914
I drove up the mountain this AM to check out the restaurant for our Saturday Nite Banquet. Well, that and to run a test drive. And both reasons had good results. At this point I've apparently exorcized my fuel demon and secured a restaurant. Met the mgr Michael and we will be working on $$$ the next couple of weeks. It's 4.5 stars on Yelp and the Mgr was accommodating. They have indoor and outdoor heated seating. Ton's of Wines and Beers to choose from. They even have Vegetarian items in case that grumpy old Elyut shows up. I saved the best for last.................it's a 1/2 block from our Motel. piratenanner.gif Some of us may stumble that 1/2 block back to the Motel but so be it. drunk.gif I will need a head count from those attending the Banquet in the next week or two. TYVM. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

jim_hoyland
Nice work Kent, count me in. One suggestion: see if they can assemble the tables in one long row like San Simeon was..

And, How cold is it gonna be up there ?
76-914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 12 2017, 04:22 PM) *

Nice work Kent, count me in. One suggestion: see if they can assemble the tables in one long row like San Simeon was..

And, How cold is it gonna be up there ?

Good idea Jim. I'll ask. We can seat about 50 inside or out so the Wx won't be a factor that night. Day temps can be anywhere between 55-75F. Nites 35-50. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.