Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POST YOUR WCC PICS HERE!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
mikerose
mikerose
mikerose
JoeSharp
So Mike: You gunna do 100 post this mornin? smilie_pokal.gif That would increse yolur posts by almost 1/3.
biggrin.gif Joe
mikerose
mikerose
mikerose
99 ........ I think ..... I am .....done smilie_pokal.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
JoeSharp
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif With 99 posted pictures I was wondering how many pics you took?
With your first post this morning you already have 100. The picture of Linda Horne brought up to that we need to do something for the LADIES. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
mikerose
Thanks.. That was all of them. I had a new camera to me so if I had my old camera their would have been a lot more. Look out next year biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif
TJB/914
Wow, Wow, Thanks for the wonderful pictures and stories. I was glued to the site every day waiting for this. Congratulations to everyone @ WCC 2005.

My observations:
WCC is a racer group with a few weenies.
Yellow & orange were everywhere.
The WCC will get grow each year.
914's are on the move up.
West Coast has beautiful cars and lots of modified 6's & V/8's.
And on & on.
BTW
Why didn't Bowsley have his picture taken next to the other black/yellow Bumblebee?
Can someone put names to the cars for the ones who didn't attend?
My favorite was the Black w/fender flares. I think it's Vegas Racer's car. I want one just like it. It hits my 914 G-spot.

Tom

neo914-6
QUOTE (mikerose @ Apr 29 2005, 05:30 AM)
Thanks.. That was all of them. I had a new camera to me so if I had my old camera their would have been a lot more. Look out next year biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif

Mike, Very nice! Thank you. clap.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 29 2005, 02:51 PM)
Why didn't Bowsley have his picture taken next to the other black/yellow Bumblebee?

my favorite idea was, that Jeff should take the legendary photo of all 3 LEs together cool.gif but unfortunately there was no Creamsicle sad.gif
ejm
QUOTE (Gustl @ Apr 29 2005, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 29 2005, 02:51 PM)

my favorite idea was, that Jeff should take the legendary photo of all 3 LEs together cool.gif but unfortunately there was no Creamsicle sad.gif

Jeff told me that he had invited a creamsicle owner but he was a no show

That photo op would have been awesome!! pray.gif
Brad Roberts
WCC is a racer group with a few weenies

Um.. No.. I know of at least 3-4 show winning 914's that where on track.

All 3 3.6 cars where VERY nice.

What we have gathered: The super nice cars dont get driven (which goes against why you should own a 914) so they rarely attend events. They like to stand around and talk about the guy whod di the restoration for them.. laugh.gif (just kidding)

B
Dan_F
Thanks to Dave, I got to ride in this for the poker run. Unreal ride.
Dan_F
Sweet car...
carreraguy
Is that "weenie" as in "concours weenie"? I think I represent that remark! As Brad mentioned, myself and some of the other concours weenies were out on the track with the rest of the "normal" WCC racers. I think Brad's analysis is correct too; I do know of a few teeners that get all their mileage from driving it from the garage to the trailer and vice versa. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

My problem is that I'm trying to walk the fine line between keeping a very nice low mileage car in good shape and still enyoying it the way its "supposed" to be enjoyed. As Brad is aware, I have added a front sway bar, beefier tires, lighter wheels and stainless brake lines. Other "invisible" changes will likely be replacing the KYB's and possibly some brake changes. I would like to remove the rugged rubber baby buggy bumpers, but then its no longer a '76. However, IF the Boss approves and IF I can get more garage space, I would love to have a six (or a bigger four) as a dedicated autox/race car! biggrin.gif

P.S. BTW, I think the concours Teeners go a good way towards increasing interest in the 914's in general thus increasing sales thus helping all the normal owners sell their cars. See you all at the Palo Alto Concours!
carreraguy
QUOTE (Chris Julian @ Apr 28 2005, 08:54 PM)
My turn now,

I haven’t had this much fun in a long time. The peps were great, the event was organized better then I think anyone was expecting, the venue was superb, and the cars, oh the cars…

Hats off to Howard and his immense support team smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

A special thanks to Brad Roberts beerchug.gif for jumping in to instruct me at the Streets when my designated instructor was MIA, and finally a huge THANK YOU to Dan and Andrew (and McMark) for watching over me in route home from the event.

I had an awesome time and made a bunch of new friends- thank you 914Club!!

Here are some of my photos

And anyone with track photos of my car driving.gif - please post or PM me. Thanks

See you at the track (parking lot),

Chris Julian

Chris:

Here's some shots of me and your car that my son took. The first one looks like Otto was showing me the line and getting a little close to you!
carreraguy
'Nother one
carreraguy
Chris;

Last one. PM me if you want larger file sizes.
Dman
Got to keep this thread rolling!

I have to thank Tony AKA VW for letting me tag along on the Poker Run and watch bondo peel out around as many corners as he could! biggrin.gif

I have to admit I felt pretty lame not driving my car down after seen all the east coasters you guys rock.

Here are a few of my favorites.
Dman
two
Dman
three
Dman
four
Dman
five
siverson
QUOTE (carreraguy @ Apr 29 2005, 05:51 PM)
Chris;

Last one. PM me if you want larger file sizes.

What's with the really weird track line on the track in the upper half of this pic? Drifting course or ... ?

-Steve

user posted image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (siverson @ May 1 2005, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (carreraguy @ Apr 29 2005, 05:51 PM)
Chris;

Last one.  PM me if you want larger file sizes.

What's with the really weird track line on the track in the upper half of this pic? Drifting course or ... ?

-Steve

user posted image

exactly what i was thinking... 'drift course' wink.gif
Mrs. K
Oops...just found one more pic from Friday night...
Ablose58 (Alan) and his 'perdy' car!
Series9
70 pictures follow. You asked for them. They're RS heavy, but we tried to get most of the drivers on the track:
Series9
ljh
Series9
.kjhlkjhb
Series9
;jhkl
Series9
.jn
Series9
.knmjb,b
Series9
;kjhlkjh
Series9
.kjhjkl
Series9
,hjkgjlhg
Series9
lukhlkjh
Series9
lhjkgjlh
Series9
lkjh
Series9
lkjh
Series9
;kjh
Series9
lkjhklj
Series9
kjh
Series9
lkljh
Series9
lkjh
Series9
kjh
Series9
kjhg
Series9
.jhb
Series9
,gbljhg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.