Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal 914 fun day sept 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 2 2017, 07:33 PM) *

Sent payment 7-24 and the list shows I've not paid? confused24.gif

So sorry Kent...correct, rec'd $20 on 7/24.

I owe you a beerchug.gif

Oscar
burton73
Sorry for the late reply but I just got back a running 914 from Leamon and my wife and I will be there.

Bob Burton
burton73
Paypal done. Thanks

Bob B
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 6 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Paypal done. Thanks

Bob B

Yes Bob...just received your PayPal for two.

We will provide more details shortly.

Thanks

Oscar
'73-914kid
I'll be paying at the door if that's alright. 2 914''s and 2 heads
ValcoOscar
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 6 2017, 02:15 PM) *

Yes..that is fine.

Awesome
914_teener
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 6 2017, 02:15 PM) *

Are they 2.0 heads? confused24.gif welder.gif
SO.O.C914er
No they are Allen heads you wingnut! chair.gif av-943.gif
euro911
Better than meth heads rolleyes.gif
cal44
Paypal done for Cal44

Mike B
Encinitas Ca.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(cal44 @ Sep 7 2017, 12:31 PM) *

Paypal done for Cal44

Mike B
Encinitas Ca.

Got it Mike...you are set and will receive more event detail tomorrow.

Thank you and get ready for some fun, some really nice teens (cars) are expected to be there.

piratenanner.gif

Oscar
Ed_Turbo
Was only coming to bring the 914 if it was ready but still need some stuff to do. I will come anyway in the VW. PM me your paypal bro.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Sep 7 2017, 08:25 PM) *

Was only coming to bring the 914 if it was ready but still need some stuff to do. I will come anyway in the VW. PM me your paypal bro.

Paypal info sent.

Your VW is most welcomed.
76-914
8 days and counting! driving.gif welder.gif chowtime.gif drunk.gif
914_7T3
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Event details with address sent to all that registered.

Did we miss anyone?

Also, special thanks to our tech session group

Kent, Rob and Ethan

Oscar
forrestkhaag
done beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 8 2017, 04:21 PM) *

Event details with address sent to all that registered.

Did we miss anyone?

Also, special thanks to our tech session group

Kent, Rob and Ethan

Oscar

I've gotten nothing so far Oscar, but Earthlink may be running slow, especially if it's a large file.

Never mind - I see the PM, but oddly - I never got an emailed PM notice from 914world - go figure! blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Maybe I'm missing it in the PM &/or event flier at the 1st post, but what will be the time frame for the BBQ Food, since we'd be coming up later in the day?

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 8 2017, 05:33 PM) *

Maybe I'm missing it in the PM &/or event flier at the 1st post, but what will be the time frame for the BBQ Food, since we'd be coming up later in the day?

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

You are correct...I will post the schedule later tonight.

Thanks for asking

Oscar
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 8 2017, 06:00 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

This is what we have thus far...will post final revision by monday
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 8 2017, 08:13 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Hey Oscar, there is a 2.5 hr gap between 10:30 - 1:00. Maybe we could have one of the tech sessions squeezed in rather than having them at the same time. That way no one has to decide which one they want to attend. confused24.gif What do you think? Kent beerchug.gif
euro911
Been too hot to get everything completed on the 'BB', so I've come to the conclusion that this will be yet another Tundra experience sad.gif

... and it has great working (wife friendly) A/C smile.gif

Click to view attachment

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 8 2017, 08:44 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Hey Oscar, there is a 2.5 hr gap between 10:30 - 1:00. Maybe we could have one of the tech sessions squeezed in rather than having them at the same time. That way no one has to decide which one they want to attend. confused24.gif What do you think? Kent beerchug.gif

Sure...Please coordinate with Rob or Ethan.

What ever works best. Let me know what you want to change so we can reflect on final revision

Oscar
Steve
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2017, 09:22 PM) *

Been too hot to get everything completed on the 'BB', so I've come to the conclusion that this will be yet another Tundra experience sad.gif

... and it has great working (wife friendly) A/C smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Plenty of 914's to ride in once you get there.
Larmo63
We are doing a little carb work over at Keith's tomorrow, and if our tuning is successful, I will drive Underdog to the event. If I feel it isn't quite ready, I will be there anyway in my truck.

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 8 2017, 09:46 PM) *

We are doing a little carb work over at Keith's tomorrow, and if our tuning is successful, I will drive Underdog to the event. If I feel it isn't quite ready, I will be there anyway in my truck.

Click to view attachment

Nice...I am bringing its twin. Marc my mechanic just got her ready. She's a 20 footer and runs great.

Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
Not able to attend. Have fun all !
Tom_T

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Thanx Oscar!

After eating Hog Fry & other fattening Indian foods for 4 days over Labor Day weekend, I really should be eating just salads all day for 2-3 weeks to shed the extra 8-10 lbs. gained - but I'm always ready for BBQ & Tri-Tip! . :-P
chowtime.gif

.... & for good company too, of course! smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Click to view attachment

Lucky9146

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Never realized until just now the swap meet was going to be so early. I thought this thing started at 1:00 -7:00 pm with only the drive in the morning for those wanted to. Guess I missed something along the way because I printed out the original flier from the beginning. Bummed cuz I have something going in the morning and will now have to miss the swap. Why does the swap have to be so early?
76-914
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Sep 9 2017, 01:19 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Never realized until just now the swap meet was going to be so early. I thought this thing started at 1:00 -7:00 pm with only the drive in the morning for those wanted to. Guess I missed something along the way because I printed out the original flier from the beginning. Bummed cuz I have something going in the morning and will now have to miss the swap. Why does the swap have to be so early?

Tom, the swap meet will be available all day, as far as I know. I plan on putting my goods out on a table and leaving them there until I leave. I don't plan to stand by the table all day hawking my goods as there will be too many things going on that I don't want to miss. Kent beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 9 2017, 01:29 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Tom, the swap meet will be available all day, as far as I know. I plan on putting my goods out on a table and leaving them there until I leave. I don't plan to stand by the table all day hawking my goods as there will be too many things going on that I don't want to miss. Kent beerchug.gif

Same here...my items will be left out throughout the day also.

Oscar
Tom_T

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Kent & Oscar,

That wasn't me, but Lucky9146 asking, & that's what I figured you guys would say to him! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 9 2017, 02:08 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Kent & Oscar,

That wasn't me, but Lucky9146 asking, & that's what I figured you guys would say to him! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom yes that was me.
So might as NOT list the swap meet at a specific time then. Sounded like some sort of indoor thing at a specific time where you set up like a swap meet and not just leave parts sit out all day is all.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Sep 9 2017, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 9 2017, 02:08 PM) *

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom

Thanks for asking

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Kent & Oscar,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom yes that was me.
So might as NOT list the swap meet at a specific time then. Sounded like some sort of indoor thing at a specific time where you set up like a swap meet and not just leave parts sit out all day is all.

Sorry for any confusion...

We heard you...swap time starts at 1pm..no sooner. I will update event schedule.

Tom_T
Hey Oscar & Staff, .... attendance update....

My buddy & his wife had a change in plans, & won't be joining us. So you can cover 2 deserving/needy folks at the gate with 2 of the 4 which I prepaid.

My wife Jana & I will have a lunch with them down in Escondido where they live instead, then hit the BBQ in Temecula on our way north to home in OC.

However, I don't know if we'll make it there before the food ends at 5:30, so you may have to set some aside for us for when we get up there.
chowtime.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Steve
I know it's going to be toasty. Should we bring an umbrella?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 10 2017, 06:06 PM) *

I know it's going to be toasty. Should we bring an umbrella?

Steve

Good question. We have plenty of shade, no need for an umbrella.

Oscar

euro911
Forecast is for 82° ... but we all know how that goes ...
76-914
The Wx will be perfect. It should not reach 82 until 2PM. Should be a couple of degrees cooler where we will be. This would be considered a cold front in Texas. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 11 2017, 09:35 AM) *

The Wx will be perfect. It should not reach 82 until 2PM. Should be a couple of degrees cooler where we will be. This would be considered a cold front in Texas. av-943.gif lol-2.gif

I don'tknw about that TX cold front Kent!?

One time when I was commuting to the Dallas office of the company I then worked for on a December trip, & it was in the 90's for the 1st 3 days that week, then overnight it SNOWED 2-3"!
blink.gif

I asked: "What was going on with their weather there!?" of one good ole boy Specification Writer in the office there who was a classic Texan, dressing everyday in his boots, Wrangler jeans, big ole belt buckle, cowboy style dress shirt & 10 gallon hat .... think of a thin Hoss from the Ponderosa TV show & let that image sink in for a minute .... & his reply in that slow Texas drawl was:

"Well Tom, we don't have but one electrified barbed wire fence between here & the Canada, so when that ole wind decides to blow south, she just blows & brings everything with her! But .... if you don't like the weather now, just wait an hour or so."

Sure enough, then next day the snow was all melted & it was in the 80's! laugh.gif

Also, weather predictions then & there, were & are no better than here & now .... so hopefully it actually stays moderate for the 16th!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ValcoOscar
Guys and Gals-

I am starting to prepare MEMBER name tags for this event. Other attendees will have hand written name tags.

Please review and let me know if I missed anyone, or if there are corrections.

Thanks,

Oscar

Can someone open and repost these so you don't have to open ea file??

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Updated as of 9/13 AM..added Greg

I am missing Whitetwinturbo's name
76-914
I know Ethan is twice as smart as the rest of us but he shouldn't get two name tags. av-943.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 11 2017, 02:08 PM) *

I know Ethan is twice as smart as the rest of us but he shouldn't get two name tags. av-943.gif

Darn it..corrected.

Thx Kent...good eye
RFoulds
Just sent a txt. am I too late??
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 11 2017, 02:27 PM) *

No...not at all. I will PM you in a few. We will get you on list. $10 at gate is fine.

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 11 2017, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 11 2017, 02:27 PM) *

No...not at all. I will PM you in a few. We will get you on list. $10 at gate is fine.

Done...Name tag generated

Thanks you Randy

Oscar
siverson
Super bummed, but I probably can't make it this weekend. Have a great time though!

-Steve
Lucky9146
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 11 2017, 01:51 PM) *

Guys and Gals-

I am starting to prepare MEMBER name tags for this event. Other attendees will have hand written name tags.

Please review and let me know if I missed anyone, or if there are corrections.

Thanks,

Oscar

Can someone open and repost these so you don't have to open ea file??

I am missing Whitetwinturbo's name

Nicely done!
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 11 2017, 02:08 PM) *

I thought he had 2.0 heads?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.