Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal 914 fun day sept 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
second wind
Almost 300 miles round trip today....oh so worth the effort....what a GREAT TIME!! I am still full of food, car ran great all day, and what a great crowd of people. I think people that love 914's are the best!! Thank you so much Oscar!! Amazing day and fantastic turn out. No two cars alike.....and lots of 'em. Those sixes nesting under the trees sure looked nice.....and the V-8's and such on the grassy knoll looked great as well. What a day....
gg
SO.O.C914er
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Yeah Oscar, Rudy and Eddy did a over the top! One more picture of my wife Pam top driver in the woman's division?? Click to view attachment driving-girl.gif
Heeltoe914
I can't believe I've been doing this for almost 30 years and every single event I walk away with my face hurting from laughing and smiling so much. Oscar and his family open their doors and put on a fantastic Gathering please please give a big hug to your wife and daughter and everyone involved your generosity is so appreciated.. We got to hang out more it's nice to reconnect with you...

I got locked up in shackles because I was a little bit late these SoCal guys are really serious about being on time....
Heeltoe914
Bhu
Heeltoe914
Fun times
914-300Hemi
Michelle and I had a great time. Thank you Oscar and family for opening there wonderful house. Thank you Eddie, Kent, Jeff, Rob, Ethan and everyone else that volunteered in putting this event together. Next time we will stay longer.
It was great to meet old friends but also making new friends.

Lastly thank you for letting the 911 participate in the activities.

Click to view attachment
Steve
I had a great time!! Thanks Oscar and all your helpers for putting on such an amazing event. The food and activities, was awesome. The drive to get there over the Ortega and then the other drive on some awesome roads wiped me out. I missed out on some of the other activities vegging out under the trees, but it was nice catching up with everyone. Can't wait for the next one!!
RFoulds
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 16 2017, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 16 2017, 01:08 PM) *

Can someone text the address to me. ? 7606256488. Please.

did u received my text message for the address?

Yes! Thanks. I was lost in the hills.
Socalandy
Awesome event and a big Thanks to Oscar and family, Eddie, Kent, Jeff, Rob, and Ethan for your efforts!!!

Time for some pictures aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
driving.gif
Socalandy
drunk.gif
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 16 2017, 08:44 PM) *

driving.gif

Nice pictures dude.. Great seeing you today..
Socalandy
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
blink.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
drooley.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
mmichalik
My wife and I had a great time today! Oscar, thanks for your, and everyone else's efforts.

Rob, great alignment clinic and THANK YOU for the door cards!

It was awesome to meet everyone, the cars were great and the food couldn't have been better!

I look forward to the next one, and I'll have my car done by then.

Thanks again,

Mike
second wind
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 16 2017, 08:55 PM) *

drooley.gif

Eye candy....
gg
sb914
I want to thank Oscar and Elvira and there family,for there generosity, and hosting this event.Had a awesome time.there we lots of cars and tons of great food,and lots of great people.Weather was perfect,not to hot.not much wind.Thank you to all who attended, it was awesome to meet new friends and old alike.
Eddy
76-914
What a fantastic event. A very special thank you to Oscar and family! I can't remember ever attending such a well organized event; ever! Unbelievable in every detail. It was greatly appreciated by all attending. I heard more than one mention how great it was. This had all the makings of any event I've attended w/o the 800 mile drive. Bravo. Thanks to Rob and Ethan for the tech sessions. I'll be aligning my car in the near future since attending Rob's clinic. As always the event is about the people and this one was no exception. Great people and fantastic food; thank you Rudy. I believe their is a Texan in your blood line. You are a grille master my friend. As told Oscar, " After this they're going to be writing songs about you Oscar". beerchug.gif
Larmo63
Oscar, Rudy, Eddy, Kent, and all of the organizers of this event deserve special kudos for all of their generosity. This was a well organized time for all, in a wonderland location.

I hate to even ask, but can we make this an annual event? Please? smilie_pokal.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 17 2017, 08:35 AM) *

I hate to even ask, but can we make this an annual event? Please? smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
914_teener
Oscar thanks to you and your family for hosting us. What a great time. And fun seeing everyone. We stayed the night in Temecula for more fun late into the evening.

Rob and Susan
Curbandgutter
Oscar and Elvira thank you for opening up the doors to your place. I know the clean up and reorganizing that ensues after everyone leaves. Thank you so so much. The event turned out great! The venue was first class, the people were awesome. The food, I hear the BBQ was good smile.gif, the desserts, the wine tasting and beer.gif beer.gif , the kart racing, the winners grudge match, the drive through the beautiful northern San Diego county, the weld tech sesh welder.gif , the alignment sesh, the beautiful cars, the ummmmm 911's, the weather. IT WAS AWESOME!! Lets do it again next year. cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Fatboy007
great day !pictures commin soon .....thank you oscar what ahost pray.gif
Fatboy007
pretty please pray.gif
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 17 2017, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 17 2017, 08:35 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
Keith914
agree.gif
Lucky9146
Oscar and Elvira, thank you so much for hosting the event, very generous. It was great to meet you in person. Thank you again for the little white hood you gave me and to many others matching the colors of our cars. What a cool little piece!

Billed as 914 fun day it was the best! What a fantastic fun day! I have been around Porsche's since the 80's and attended many events along the way but this was by far THE best ever!!!! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif Thanks too to all who planned and executed because the day was just so well organized and laid back. Food was fantastic! And the setting just beautiful. We got to meet so many nice people, what a great bunch. I say "we" because my wife also had a great time as well and enjoyed talking with others the wine tasting.

I was able to meet and look at Larry and Forrest's cars and learned so much from them which will help me with my 6 conversion completion. I appreciate they both took the time to show me things I had not even considered yet! Then I got an education from Keith914 on Webers with so much info about them I could not even remember it all. Great guy and very generous with his personal experience and tips on Webers. PM will be going to him soon.

My only regret is I was so busy talking I did not take any pictures and am so happy to see socalandy posted some. Thanks.

Others have said it and I certainly hope that there will be another 914 Fun day next year. May car will finished for next time.
Jim
SO.O.C914er
Here is a picture of the hoods Oscar gave as lucky914-6 said in the color of your car....very cool idea. agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif is Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Sep 17 2017, 12:43 PM) *

Here is a picture of the hoods Oscar gave as lucky914-6 said in the color of your car....very cool idea. agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif is Click to view attachment

Attendees...if I missed anyone please PM me. Extras are available at $10 ea...$15 shipped. PM me

No more will be made.

KENT...I have one black hood for you.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
euro911
Dude, I must have missed seeing those. I'm interested in one ... preferably one in white?

PM me details ...

Thanks
ndfrigi
And kids also enjoyed painting the small wood car and one of my daughter painted it same color with our previous 75 1.8 and even painted with 914 number as an emblem. Also kids and adult enjoyed the giant 914 jenga table game.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 17 2017, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Sep 17 2017, 12:43 PM) *

Attendees...if I missed anyone please PM me. Extras are available at $10 ea...$15 shipped. PM me

No more will be made.

KENT...I have one black hood for you.

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Thx Oscar, Maybe next weekend I can come by to pick up those tables and that orange cooler and get it then. Very cool, thx again. beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Can't wait to watch the video taken from a drone! Hope it will be shared here. Thanks in advance!
bernbomb914
thank you Oscar and family I was very late but it was worth it. very nice party and great location. I have lived in Temecula for over 40 yrs and didn,t know such a wonderful place that you have is here in our great city. thank you for thr gifts. smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif MDB2.gif party.gif
914_teener
We just got home.

We got a hotel room in Old Town Temecula since we didn't want to drive home on the 15 after wine tasting. Really nice place with yet another wine tasting session there after the get together.

Car ran like crap on the way down. Story be told after talking to Leemon for a couple of minutes I popped the hood right before we left a see what it might be. He suggested electrical.

Ended up being the friggen CHT connector. It was loose. Car ran like a champ back home with no problems.

We left Temecula about 3 PM and took the 79 to the 210 back home.... beautiful drive. There are a lot of cool rural roads wide open, perfect for a 914.

At some future point it seems like a great spot for the San Diego Folks and OC Folks and even for me from E LA County without driving 500 mi's. being that I am still working make it tough without takng 2 or 3 days off.

Anyway....cannot say enough or send enough thanks to Elvira and Oscar.

Rob
ValcoOscar
Thank you all who attended. I am speechless as to how our event turned out. This was truly a team effort. Eddy, Rudy. Kent, Rob and Ethan...you guys rock. A shout out also to set up and clean up crew members, Jeffery, his son Jordan and my buddy Jerry. Can't forget others who brought unexpected goodies.

Quite simply, months of planning, days of preparation, hours of fun and a lifetime of memories....can't be better.

Keep posting photos...

smilie_pokal.gif

Oscar
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 17 2017, 06:10 PM) *

Thank you all who attended. I am speechless as to how our event turned out. This was truly a team effort. Eddy, Rudy. Kent, Rob and Ethan...you guys rock. A shout out also to set up and clean up crew members, Jeffery, his son Jordan and my buddy Jerry. Can't forget others who brought unexpected goodies.

Quite simply, months of planning, days of preparation, hours of fun and a lifetime of memories....can't be better.

Keep posting photos...

smilie_pokal.gif

Oscar

Next Fun Day we should have a group pictures. Thanks again!
cal44
Oscar knows how to put on a show. The property was pure delight. Sadly I had to leave early but had a great time.
What a bunch of nice folks.
I was in heaven as there were ranches all around. Notin' better than acreage.

Best,
mike
914_7T3
Thank you again to Oscar, Elvira, Rudy & Eddy and family for putting this together. Everything was perfect and made for a great day. We enjoyed meeting so many of you from the 914 World community and can't wait to do it again.

The drive up Palomar Mountain was super awesome too. Next time, I think we'll hook up the GoPro as well.

Next up is the Super Car Sunday in three weeks and I will give that thread a bump and hopefully we will see everyone in Woodland Hills for some more fun and great driving.

Oscar you Rock!!

smilie_pokal.gif
olsib914
WOW Oscar you do know how to host an event!! Thank you for miniature hood complete wit red patina and the "grumpy" sign. Thanks to grille engineer,Rudy, Kent skipper of the "two hour cruise", Eddy the hotdogger, Jerry the "go-for", Ethan and Don for tech sessions and of course your family for opening a beautiful retreat. Fun cars, fantastic people, beautiful place..what a great weekend...
Olsib914 yet another Mike
db9146
Wow, you guys are making me jealous. We had a great event in the SE this past weekend at the Okteenerfest in Helen, GA, but I have to say that the mini hoods are so cool!!!!

914_7T3
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 17 2017, 04:36 PM) *

Can't wait to watch the video taken from a drone! Hope it will be shared here. Thanks in advance!

Here is some rough cut footage of the 911 & 986 parking area. Its a little digitized so we hope to sort that out before posting the 914 footage.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik-GAhU2rmm04On2kSZMIg

kpax914
great fun day, thanks to everybody involved. You couldn't get a better set up than Oscars. Plenty of shade, a big lake complete with waterfall. A very big thank you to Oscar and his family for a super day.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Kpax 914Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(kpax914 @ Sep 17 2017, 11:54 PM) *

great fun day, thanks to everybody involved. You couldn't get a better set up than Oscars. Plenty of shade, a big lake complete with waterfall. A very big thank you to Oscar and his family for a super day.Click to view attachment

Kpax 914

Great place Oscar. You owe me a ride in the v8 Eddie laugh.gif. Nice little cruise after the event Ben. Mike D was not in the picture, but you are a funny dude. Everyone else I met nice to meet you, hopefully we run into each other in the future at events.

-Ed
76-914
Forgot to mention this. There were 27-31 914's (I lost count) in attendance and no one, let me repeat, no one broke down. That might be a first. happy11.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 18 2017, 05:28 PM) *

Forgot to mention this. There were 27-31 914's (I lost count) in attendance and no one, let me repeat, no one broke down. That might be a first. happy11.gif

True, but I burnt at minimum a 1/2 quart of Castrol 20W 50 over the weekend. Also had the hot start issue rear it's ugly head upon arrival in Temecula Friday night. Other than that, all good.

That was the last hurrah for my car in its present condition. Too bad as it's so much fun in the twisties

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.