Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 - Tig welding and Metalshaping saved it! Back on the road!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
930cabman
Nice interior shot of your ancient barn.

Will you be coating the surfaces of your rebuilt trans? If I recall the factory used cosmoline to protect the case
TRS63
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 24 2024, 06:25 AM) *

Awsome job, your metal working skills are amazing. Excellent job.

Thanks a lot! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 24 2024, 06:39 AM) *

Nice interior shot of your ancient barn.

Will you be coating the surfaces of your rebuilt trans? If I recall the factory used cosmoline to protect the case

Good point. I was not planing to do anything because I did not thought about it but I am open to any suggestion on that point! Thanks!

Bests

Antoine
Superhawk996
Forget the car . . . I want to know the story of the workspace. Old school European cool! biggrin.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 24 2024, 01:10 PM) *

Forget the car . . . I want to know the story of the workspace. Old school European cool! biggrin.gif

Exactly, my car shop (1835) is kinda cool but nothing like Antoine's place. Please show more interior/exterior shots and share any known history. It the walls could talk ....
TRS63
Ahah, my barn..yes, my little place of heaven wub.gif

I prefer to avoid exterior pictures on the web (from outside it is not special,just looks like an old barn built using stones) but for the story, what I know is that it was first built in 1560. A small "earthquake" partially destroyed it in 1714, but it was then rebuilt in 1719. And since then staying there unchanged smile.gif it's supposed to be over some rest of a roman village, and is a "protected" (so can't be removed/destroyed/changed) building due to its special wooden structure and history.
I am the caretaker of it since 6 years after falling in love with it during the first visit. Yes it's cold in winter, not the most practical, but the feeling of these old stones is wub.gif

Here some inside pictures, we made a wooden floor to get it level for the lift:
IPB Image

IPB Image

A bit of decoration:
IPB Image

And my metal shaping corner:
IPB Image

IPB Image

Bests

Antoine
Dion
What a privilege to work in such a space. Just awesome and deserving of your metal skills!
Way to go Antoine.
TRS63
Thanks! I still have a lot of ideas how I could better amenage the barn, making it even nicer yet functional but somehow I only work in the barn instead of on the barn..maybe one day when my cars will require less work (might never happen confused24.gif confused24.gif )

And to come back to cars..
New gearbox in with cleaning/painting/rebuilding of the parts around and new clutch+clutch cable:
IPB Image

And after a short test drive.. it's officially back on the roads :
IPB Image

I even took it to a car meeting on sunday :
IPB Image

Happy me biggrin.gif

Bests

Antoine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.