Full Version: Sale Pending - My purchase of 9140431482
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
mb911
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 5 2024, 07:05 PM) *

confused24.gif

That’s all factory there . Barking up the wrong tree on that
mrholland2
hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 5 2024, 07:58 PM) *

Exactly, I would prefer to have nothing done as have some less than standard repairs completed. Having the shell stripped/blasted is the ONLY was to really know what you are dealing with.

OP, as far as I recall no matter what you are buying it's always "buyer beware" always
73-914
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Mar 6 2024, 10:37 AM) *

hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif

Maybe we should send him a cheese platter chowtime.gif chowtime.gif happy11.gif
87m491
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 5 2024, 01:28 PM) *

After emailing Jeff Gamroth on 2/15 and 2/25, still no response. Just emailed again …

Maybe he has no interest in this thread?

"And a friendly reminder … if you aren’t interested in my thread, nobody’s forcing you to read it. Bye bye." shades.gif
Rufus
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 6 2024, 08:34 AM) *

Good to know, thanks Ben.

Anyone have pics of this on other 914’s. Its purpose?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 6 2024, 12:42 PM) *

Rufus,

I’m trying not to take this post the wrong way but it seems that you’re questioning the legitimacy of Ben’s response.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, the drain hole(s) is/are on OEM floorpans. There are several of these on the pan. You will not find them in the aftermarket reproduction pans.

Click to view attachment

Not sure I’ve ever seen a photo of 914 dip tanks for phosphate / degrease but you get the idea.

Click to view attachment
Rufus
Thanks Superhawk
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 6 2024, 11:42 AM) *

the seam sealer on those areas can be thick and was placed on all the seams like the round holes like in the floor pan, and as ben said then it looks like orignal seam sealer and then the undercoating over the top of it. sometimes that would develop a gap or separation as it aged and then moisture made its way behind it and you find surface rust under or along it, i did on my floor in a couple spots. My hell hole had big gobs of it along the fire wall , at first i thought it was a bad repaor or caulk by someone but as i cleaned up the area a piece broke loose and i discovered this was original to car but had some layers of repaint and caked on under coating that was sprayed on by dealer! so even though my floor was bad in some spots from leaking windows letting water get in and rust out the pan uder driver seat, my hell hole was actually rust free!. This goes back af few years ago to when i was cleaning it up to get the floors repaired and have the car prepped for paint.
Like me when i really dug in and looked i found some stuff, that would not be found with superficial inspection. you will find more, no fault of anyone, just bite the bullet and get it done,

Phil
Rufus
Thanks DRPHIL914. Very helpful info
windforfun
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 6 2024, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 6 2024, 11:42 AM) *

the seam sealer on those areas can be thick and was placed on all the seams like the round holes like in the floor pan, and as ben said then it looks like orignal seam sealer and then the undercoating over the top of it. sometimes that would develop a gap or separation as it aged and then moisture made its way behind it and you find surface rust under or along it, i did on my floor in a couple spots. My hell hole had big gobs of it along the fire wall , at first i thought it was a bad repaor or caulk by someone but as i cleaned up the area a piece broke loose and i discovered this was original to car but had some layers of repaint and caked on under coating that was sprayed on by dealer! so even though my floor was bad in some spots from leaking windows letting water get in and rust out the pan uder driver seat, my hell hole was actually rust free!. This goes back af few years ago to when i was cleaning it up to get the floors repaired and have the car prepped for paint.
Like me when i really dug in and looked i found some stuff, that would not be found with superficial inspection. you will find more, no fault of anyone, just bite the bullet and get it done,

Phil

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

I had a similar experience. IMO, it's time to just enjoy the new car & the project(s) this includes. I spent hundreds of hours getting mine cleaned up & it only had 38K miles on it. Whatever...

Rufus
barf.gif
Rufus
barf.gif

fresh orange paint.
Rufus
Yep, buyer beware
Rufus
Now for sale here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry3132521
87m491
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 7 2024, 03:13 AM) *

And here I was thinking you didn't have a sense of humor. My bad!

"$99,500 $99,000 or best offer. As described and shown in my Garage thread:"
mb911
Ok just a suggestion here. If you’re selling it for the 98k I would suggest you at the very least make it drivable. Put the fuel system back in and make it turn key.
Rufus
As is … NOT negotiable, for ANY of the 4 cars I’m selling!

The way things have unexpectedly gone south with ‘1482, especially wrt photos in posts #313 and #314, leave me no choice. I was serious throughout; this was always about time, not money.

Sorry
Rufus
QUOTE(87m491 @ Mar 7 2024, 07:41 AM) *

Nope, no humor intended.
mepstein
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 7 2024, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(87m491 @ Mar 7 2024, 07:41 AM) *

Nope, no humor intended.

That’s what makes it so funny. At least to me.
BillJ
"Hey look at all the issues and i keep removing paint and undercoating to prove it needs a full restoration. Oh and i will sell it for fully restored price." Unreal
KELTY360
QUOTE(BillJ @ Mar 7 2024, 08:53 AM) *

"Hey look at all the issues and i keep removing paint and undercoating to prove it needs a full restoration. Oh and i will sell it for fully restored price." Unreal

Makes me wonder what color the sky is on his planet.
FlacaProductions
I nominate this for the classics...
Jonathan Livesay

Buys a nice looking running car for $57K tears it apart removing soundproofing and undercoating and poking holes in it, also renders it non running, thinks that makes it a $98K automobile?
I read the first 6 or 7 pages of this back in January and already then I thought it was taking an "uncomfortable" turn, didn't see it again until today. Wow!
Rufus
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 7 2024, 10:09 AM) *

Buys a nice looking running car for $57K tears it apart removing soundproofing and undercoating and poking holes in it, also renders it non running, thinks that makes it a $98K automobile?

At least now the buyer knows much more about what’s left underneath to deal with; nothing’s hidden. No surprises or disappointments (my way of selling)
technicalninja
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 7 2024, 10:04 AM) *

The way things have unexpectedly gone south with ‘1482, especially wrt photos in posts #313 and #314, leave me no choice. I was serious throughout; this was always about time, not money.

Sorry

I'll call your bluff.

I suggest you do EXACTLY as MR did previously...

Take your total investment, add it up carefully, then price it exactly 50% of what you have in it.

Someone on here will snap it up (as you, yourself did) in an extremely short period of time.

If it was NEVER about money and only about time this will be the most time saving way of ending your "self induced" issue.

I'd further suggest you spend this money with a mental health provider as this appears to be what you need more than anything else.

DO IT!

Car needs to go to someone who will appreciate it...

If you truly think someone will pay fully restored price for that, it will be in your garage when you cross the "rainbow" bridge, and your inheritors will have to deal with it.

You're going to own it FOREVER!

The mental stress of the constant reminder of your lack of foresight might send you over the bridge at an earlier date than you expect.

This car is mental poison for you...

All cars have a time when the proper path forward is to pull the EJECT handle and get the hell out!

Your time is now!
TROJANMAN
It says all fluids were flushed, but it doesn't mention coolant.

I think you got ripped off too.

poke.gif lol-2.gif

Sorry...........slow day stirthepot.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Mar 5 2024, 06:50 PM) *

How long is the forum administrator going to allow this thread to keep going?

Hopefully forever.

I just found this biggrin.gif
raynekat
A very sad thread indeed.
73-914
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 7 2024, 12:09 PM) *

I read the first 6 or 7 pages of this back in January and already then I thought it was taking an "uncomfortable" turn, didn't see it again until today. Wow!

agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
mb911
Is any of this even real? It almost seems as though we are all getting punked
Rufus
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Mar 7 2024, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 7 2024, 10:04 AM) *

Sorry

I'll call your bluff.

I suggest you do EXACTLY as MR did previously...

Take your total investment, add it up carefully, then price it exactly 50% of what you have in it.

Someone on here will snap it up (as you, yourself did) in an extremely short period of time.

If it was NEVER about money and only about time this will be the most time saving way of ending your "self induced" issue.

I'd further suggest you spend this money with a mental health provider as this appears to be what you need more than anything else.

DO IT!

Car needs to go to someone who will appreciate it...

If you truly think someone will pay fully restored price for that, it will be in your garage when you cross the "rainbow" bridge, and your inheritors will have to deal with it.

You're going to own it FOREVER!

The mental stress of the constant reminder of your lack of foresight might send you over the bridge at an earlier date than you expect.

This car is mental poison for you...

All cars have a time when the proper path forward is to pull the EJECT handle and get the hell out!

Your time is now!

Welcome back, Technicalninja!

After someone buys ‘1482, then they can decide what to do with it and how to go about marketing it. Otherwise, I’ll decide myself thanks. And I have no plan to market the car like it was when I bought it.

And wrt “self induced”, I doubt many will ever agree with my point of view. That’s ok. My living through the 4 year experience, a little forensic engineering (based on my former career and some brilliant work in the Corvette community documenting originality), 1st hand examination, communications, etc. with a little simple logic added in connecting the dots lead to my conclusion of what brought me to this point. To be fair, reaching the same conclusion with only photos the group has may not be possible or easy. But my conclusion has nothing to do with “self induced”, and won’t change.

Cheers
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 7 2024, 08:04 AM) *

Sorry

With regard to those photos this is a 55 year old car now, outside of those that have had floors replaced I would bet that this car is as good as 8 out of 10 would be once you take them down to bare sheet metal. Good luck with your sale!
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 7 2024, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Mar 5 2024, 06:50 PM) *

How long is the forum administrator going to allow this thread to keep going?

Hopefully forever.

I just found this biggrin.gif

You like pulling wings off flies too, I bet.
Rufus
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 7 2024, 12:48 PM) *

Sorry

With regard to those photos this is a 55 year old car now, outside of those that have had floors replaced I would bet that this car is as good as 8 out of 10 would be once you take them down to bare sheet metal. Good luck with your sale!

Thanks Jonathon. In the view of one person I consulted with on doing the work, it’s financially better to replace the floor pans than patch the weak areas piecemeal.
Eric_Ciampa

I was serious throughout; this was always about time, not money.

...he says this and posts the car for 40K more than he paid. Bullshit. This was always about the money and the drama.
Rufus
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ Mar 7 2024, 09:14 PM) *

...he says this and posts the car for 40K more than he paid. Bullshit. This was always about the money and the drama.

popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
Rufus - Thank you for an entertaining thread. It just proves the phrase - “Truth is stranger than fiction’

beerchug.gif
73-914
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ Mar 7 2024, 11:14 PM) *

agree.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
mb911
Recently watched the octopus murder series on Netflix and was incredibly complicated and learned don’t trust anything (that was my take away) I would say this adventurous thread is similar
Root_Werks
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 7 2024, 11:07 AM) *

Is any of this even real? It almost seems as though we are all getting punked

agree.gif

What I was thinking as well after seeing the 914 posted for sale.

confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.