Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Skin for GT Legends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
bd1308
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 1 2006, 10:36 AM)
there are brand new Radeon/Catalyst drivers out, have you got 'em?

My next system will be an Alienware powerhouse for games like this one.

alienware is overpriced. Build your own or have me build it for ya wink.gif

There are better drivers than the Catalyst. What are ya doing with the 9700pro? wink.gif

b
SirAndy
btw. steering with the keyboard SUCKS ...

the keys are waaaaay to twitchy, the shortest keystroke will make you spin out. i can't even stay on the road from one corner to the other ...

this sucks ...
dry.gif Andy
race914
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 1 2006, 03:18 PM)
It went *POOF* laugh.gif huh.gif sad.gif biggrin.gif

Looks like me 2nd to the last lap at the SCCA Vintage event at Laguna sad.gif
Part Pricer

Ever since Seanery started posting these screen shots, I've been thinking that I've got to get this game AND I've got to get a new PC to play it. The thought of an Alienware machine has been in the back of my mind, But, I've always viewed them as being very overpriced. Also, Tom's Hardware did a The Battle of the Gaming PC Titans and they were disappointed regarding the build quality.

Anyway, just for comparison I configured an Alienware Aurora ALX. I came up with a price of $5,383 with no monitor. I also priced out the components to build it myself. Same motherboard, processor, memory, video adapter, case, etc. The price of the components was less than $2,900. I think I'll build my own and buy a kick-ass monitor.

John
I wish I had the knowledge to skin these cars, but I don't.

I would like to request two skins:

1) modify #555, keep the red body, change front bumper and valence to black, remove numbers, remove sponsors. (This would be our track car without our gt tail)

2) modify #53, No Numbers, no stripes, black bumper tops, black top (This would be my current street car project)

I just tried the game at 1600x1200 32bbp and it looks amazing.

I like how you priced the cars so that they are affordable.

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work on this.
Andyrew
Can anyone get multiplayer internet working?

I keep getting the "Incompatible game versions" error.

Anyone?

andrew
VaccaRabite
I got the demo last night, but playing with the key pad is insanely hard.

I'm goign to pre-order the game on Amazon, I think. The US release may have the patches allready loaded. And it is not that far off.

I am going to order the wheel though. Key control is just too frusterating.

Zach
seanery
Andrew,
did you get the 1.1 patch from the GT Legends website?
Andyrew
Nope. Thanks Sean!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 30 2005, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (erikstoll @ Dec 30 2005, 04:04 PM)
dont usppose yo ucould perhaps hook me up w/ a template for the 914?

914 template

Make sure that you all install the 1.1 Patch...available on the GT Legends home page.

By any chance do you have another template saved for the 914? That link just dies about 1/2 way through every time I try to DL it. It has happened both at my house and at work.

*EDIT* Nevermind. 5th times the charmer. */EDIT*
Zach
blitZ
I set up server called 914 Club. The IP address is 66.23.201.146. Let me know if you can see it.
SirAndy
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 4 2006, 07:01 PM)
I set up server called 914 Club.  The IP address is  66.23.201.146.  Let me know if you can see it.

=======================================
C:\>ping 66.23.201.146

Pinging 66.23.201.146 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 66.23.201.146:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)
=======================================

confused24.gif Andy
blitZ
My router will not respond to a ping. You need to see if it will show up from the in game server browser. I can join via a LAN connection as the game server is on my LAN. I tried to register for an online account and kept getting an Invalid CD key error. Anyone else having trouble playing online?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 5 2006, 07:28 AM)
My router will not respond to a ping. You need to see if it will show up from the in game server browser. I can join via a LAN connection as the game server is on my LAN. I tried to register for an online account and kept getting an Invalid CD key error. Anyone else having trouble playing online?

Are you fully patched?
Perhaps its because you don't have the US release? I don't see why that would matter, but it might.

Hopefully there is still interest in this game when I get my copy early next month.

Zach
goose2
my game came with a separate CD key and online key.....look on the back of the manual for the online key
jmargush
What specs should I look for when buying a video card that will run this game well but not break the bank?
128m vs 256m?
AGP vs PCI?

Any recomendations
blitZ
I think I may have miskeyed the online ID. Apparently, the W is actually a 2 Vs. duh...

I found a pretty decent support forum. GT Legends Forum

I just ordered a geforce 6200 with 256 mb for $78 from New Egg. If you have an AGP slot go for it. don't think you'll find many high cards for PCI anymore.
SirAndy
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 5 2006, 09:45 AM)
I just ordered a geforce 6200 with 256 mb for $78 from New Egg. If you have an AGP slot go for it. don't think you'll find many high cards for PCI anymore.

idea.gif i've got a dual CPU 3.0GHZ board so i think i'll be fine on computing power for a while, but the graphics card is almost 2 years old.
GeForce 5200 (AGP) with 128MB RAM

time for an upgrade!
boldblue.gif Andy
seanery
Not all 256 meg cards are created equally. I did some research before I bought mine. I got an ATI 9800XT. While not the newest design, it offers 8 pixel pipelines and a 256 bit data path. I got mine on ebay for $139. ATI's X850XT is the killer AGP setup with 12 pixel pipelines, but the price is pretty steep. The lower end cards will only have 4 pixel pipelins and a 128 bit data path, which is pretty slow.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 5 2006, 01:36 PM)
Not all 256 meg cards are created equally. I did some research before I bought mine. I got an ATI 9800XT. While not the newest design, it offers 8 pixel pipelines and a 256 bit data path. I got mine on ebay for $139. ATI's X850XT is the killer AGP setup with 12 pixel pipelines, but the price is pretty steep. The lower end cards will only have 4 pixel pipelins and a 128 bit data path, which is pretty slow.

yep, read Tom's hardware guide before any upgrade choices... when I bought my 9800 it was still faster than many of the next generation cards because of the pipelines being opened...

myself, I'm not buying another AGP card, when I upgrade my pc, I'll go pci express, an SLi motherboard and an A64... I built a PC for a guy at work last year that was like this... A64 3500+, 1GB Ram, and a 6800 Ultra... he's about to buy the second 6800 for it biggrin.gif
mikelsr
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 5 2006, 07:59 AM)
my game came with a separate CD key and online key.....look on the back of the manual for the online key

So did mine. I haven't tried to connect to any servers yet but maybe I will tonight. I wanted to be able to stay on the track for at least 15 laps (at speed) before I tried to race someone else.

On another area of the simulator. I was playing with it the other night and was having a lot of fun and every thing was going great. Two nights later I tried it and found that I was almost getting sick because of the graphics. I was on the same track, different 914 car (Thanks Sean!) but now that I think about it I did change the resolution. I will have to change it back and see if that helps. I don't think it was a color combo. Has anyone else had this type of problem? There is a warning about this type of thing happening in their doc.

Mike
mikelsr
I set up server called 914 Club.  The IP address is  66.23.201.146.  Let me know if you can see it.

Just wanted to say that I was on your server tonight. Didn't have a problem connecting. I am not qualified as a semi-pro though! ohmy.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (mikelsr @ Jan 5 2006, 05:52 PM)

Just wanted to say that I was on your server tonight. Didn't have a problem connecting. I am not qualified as a semi-pro though! ohmy.gif

Thanks, good to know it's working. Now to determine how to configure it. Think it is currently in practice mode.
Porcharu
I just got my new wheel and pedals from best buy using the price matching method described earlier in this thread. Paid $57 instead of $103 that best buy wanted - what a great way to get stuff cheap!
Ordered the game from gogamer on Tuesday with standard shipping and it showed up Thursday. Just need a usb extension cable and I can waste even more time on the ol PC instead of working in the garage beer.gif
seanery
I built it. I'll add it to 914 Set #2. I've only got a couple for that set so far though.
seanery
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Jan 3 2006, 01:41 AM)
I wish I had the knowledge to skin these cars, but I don't.

I would like to request two skins:

1) modify #555, keep the red body, change front bumper and valence to black, remove numbers, remove sponsors. (This would be our track car without our gt tail)

2) modify #53, No Numbers, no stripes, black bumper tops, black top (This would be my current street car project)

I just tried the game at 1600x1200 32bbp and it looks amazing.

I like how you priced the cars so that they are affordable.

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work on this.

Sorry John,
I missed this response somehow.

At least you're getting to learn how it's done, though, right?
John
Well yes I am, and you have done a heck of a job helping me. A thousand thanks for your help so far, and I hope to be able to learn how you did the short movies and the icons in the very near future.

PS, I have the DDS plugin working now after modifying the settings.

(I did my track car (red) and my street car (silver). Both without numbers)

I wonder if there is a way to modify the steering wheels to match mine........ idea.gif

These cars are a whole lot easier to work on than the real ones, they don't rust or leak oil either.
VaccaRabite
Well, I got my wheel yesterday, and it made a huge difference on how I wasdoing in the game. Now I am geting tired of the demo. I suppose I am going to have to go to and get the english version instead of waiting for the US release.

Okay, I am going to go play some more. smilie_pokal.gif

Zach
VaccaRabite
finger.gif Well, the Logitec Momo wheel is going back to Amazon tomorrow. finger.gif

Used it for 1 day, then did not touch it for 1 1/2 days. After work today, nothing. No lights, not picking up via USB, nada, zip, zero. Tried all the usual tricks. Tested the USB ports with known good devices (USB ports all worked fine), tried resetting all the cables, tried restarting the machine, went to the logitec support page and tried a bunch of stuff from there.

The power, when plugged in and sitting for a few moments makes a high pitched whine. I am guessing the thing burned itself out. I'll have Amazon send a replacement, and see what happens.

Zach

seanery
That sucks Zach. mad.gif
How 'bout a Patrick Motorsports inspired Gulf paint scheme along side a berber yellow teener to cheer you up? wink.gif
seanery
two
seanery
three
seanery
four
seanery
five...I like the morning light
seanery
last one
North Bay 914
This game is really putting my car behind schedule...
seanery
I haven't done a single race online headbang.gif I spend more time in photoshop LOL
North Bay 914
I checked it out. Better than XBox Live. I tried the server someone here setup, but no one there,and it kept booting me for some strange reason. When will you make that SONAUTO car available?

seanery
soon, I need to do a couple more and I'll release another full set.

I'm looking for a BRUMOS Porsche-Audi car to do...someone here sent me an email asking me to do his car. I sent an email to him and it bounced back.
North Bay 914
Cool, that SONAUTO car you did is perfect...Super Work.

seanery
2 new maps available HERE!!!! clap.gif
Andyrew
Wohoo!

Anyone know if they will be building american tracks?
blitZ
QUOTE (North Bay 914 @ Jan 9 2006, 10:23 PM)
I checked it out. Better than XBox Live. I tried the server someone here setup, but no one there,and it kept booting me for some strange reason. When will you make that SONAUTO car available?

Was that my server? Did you get an error message?

Finally recieved my MOMO wheel yesterday, what a difference, can actually hold a line now.
seanery
Brumos #58
seanery
two
seanery
three
seanery
four
seanery
five
goose2
quick question....how do you edit plr files? sorry for the slight hijack....Nice work Sean!
seanery
Brumos #59, winner of the 1st ever IMSA GT race - The Danville 300, April 18, 1971 with Hurley Haywood & Peter Gregg at the wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.