Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Skin for GT Legends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
seanery
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 12 2006, 04:31 PM)
quick question....how do you edit plr files? sorry for the slight hijack....Nice work Sean!

I haven't done that yet...I'll check it out.
I think I'm gonna do some drivers too...I think I can "skin" 'em like the cars.
seanery
two
seanery
three
seanery
four
seanery
five
seanery
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 12 2006, 04:31 PM)
quick question....how do you edit plr files? sorry for the slight hijack....Nice work Sean!

Oh wait, I've done those....use notepad. wink.gif
seanery
There are 2 914-6 GT Carsets available - for more info goto MoronThrottle.com

Set 1-1 Includes:
4 - JP Stein - ULF Racing
6 - Ed Fitzpatrick - Factory GT
14 - Chris Foley - CFR Racing
43 - Roger Sheridan - Hippie Car
53 - Bill Packwood - Factory GT
87 - Jim Cook - Altec Lansing
370 - Factory car - new animation and buttons to match set
435 - GI Joe - Army Car
555 - Dan Callicott - Callicott Motorsports
632 - Sean Lee - MoronPedal.com
914 - Ima Wannabe - ASL.com
922 - Heinrich Geblaut - 914World.com / MoronPedal.com

Included in set 2:
8 - Patrick Motorsports inspired Gulf car
19 - Max Moritz GmbH (created by Bob Dunlop)
23 - Flying Pig
29 - Blue GT
40 - Sonauto Porsche - Lemans Winner
41 - Sonauto Porsche - fictional car
58 - Brumos Porsche
59 - Brumos Porsche - 1st IMSA GT Race winner
80 - Black GT (Created by Bob Dunlop)
88 - Lufthsana GT (Created by Bob Dunlop)
goose2
Notepad works...thx Sean smilie_pokal.gif
Racing916
That looks cool sean! Your picture marked "five" reminds me of this
seanery
BlitZ - I set up server called 914 Club.  The IP address is  66.23.201.146.  Let me know if you can see it.

Man, I got kicked, too. It didn't have my car(s) on it, then sat for a couple seconds and gave me the boot.
seanery
I added a page to my website with my current offerings...bookmark it. I plan on adding every color 914. I've got all of the non-metallics done, and I'm working on the metallics...they will be available as individual downloads.

My GTLegends page GTLegends at MoronThrottle.com
Part Pricer
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 13 2006, 05:11 PM)
My GTLegends page GTLegends at MoronThrottle.com

For a while there, it was like playing Haunted Mansion. I had to keep lighting candles while I wandered around and stumbled across the download links.

biggrin.gif
seanery
gotta make you work for 'em...I guess I shoulda made 'em a bit more obvious. confused24.gif
seanery
no ideas, but to troubleshoot, I would take out the 1st set's cars and add them back 1 by 1 until you find the one that is causing the problem. I bet it's the #370, but I have all of them (and more) installed without problem. confused24.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 12 2006, 08:47 PM)
BlitZ - I set up server called 914 Club.  The IP address is  66.23.201.146.  Let me know if you can see it.

Man, I got kicked, too. It didn't have my car(s) on it, then sat for a couple seconds and gave me the boot.

Have you upgraded to version 1.1?
seanery
yup
John
Sean, the second set of cars seems to work OK, but the first set, if I have them installed the game crashes, when I click go race. Any ideas?

When I first installed the game, I had issues with the cars that I installed. I had tried to test drive a 904 and every time I would go to race, I was stuck back in the 904.

I ended up creating a new player and deleting the old player and all was well. I guess the player data somehow got corrupt. It worked for me.
johannes
Thank you so much Seanery.

Your skin sets are amazing. Now I can race with other 914 just I always dreamed of.

Thank you for sharing your work and knowledge.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I made GT Legends video with the 914 fighting against a 911 at Dijon Prenois.

You can watch it here http://914garage.com/video.htm driving.gif

Of course I will make new videos featuring your amazing skins ... Stay tuned.

Johannes
seanery
Thanks for the kind words Johannes. I like your videos. I use GameCam, what program are you using to record them?
goose2
I've had no glitches with Sean's cars...except sometimes they don't go fast enough laugh.gif

Nice video Johannes smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 14 2006, 12:02 PM)
...except sometimes they don't go fast enough laugh.gif

Funny that you said that...I tried earlier to change some numbers in the .car file to make the car faster with no luck unsure.gif
goose2
I tried earlier to change some numbers in the .car file

This would be cheating, no? wink.gif
Actually I enjoy the 914 as-is. I love having a Corvette or Pantera pass me on the strait only to out-brake the pig into the next curve and run away on the exit. I've found that car set-up is very critical to running a competitive 914....get the gearing right...watch tire temps and fiddle with camber settings...the right toe-in helps turn-in...sway bar sizes for good balance...diff settings for traction vs "pushing"....just the right brake balance allows you to toss the car into the apex with a little stab on the pedal going in. The best track I've found for 914's with my set-ups so far is Hockenheim....I could race there all day driving.gif
mikelsr
I am also having problems with Sean's cars. When I first put them on the system they worked and I was having fun. The next time I tried them (test drive from a dealer) after doing some practice laps in other cars and then an online practice session the application just died when I tried to use one of Sean's cars.

I removed them and didn't have a problem running the original. I am going to replace them one by one to see what is going on and yes I have version 1.1.

Mike
blitZ
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 13 2006, 08:25 PM)
yup

Are you using ZoneAlarm or some kinda personal firewall?

seanery
I would, first, make a new player profile and try that...I've been reading about those getting corrupted.
seanery
win xp's built in firewall
seanery
Martin,
I use CTRL+PrintScreen and then paste into Photoshop, so I'm not too sure where they end up using F12. I'm sure it's somewhere in your GTLegends folder, if you sort by date, I'm sure you'll find em.
SirAndy
QUOTE (North Bay 914 @ Jan 16 2006, 10:59 PM)
I refuse to look anymore....after one more exhaustive search starting now....I have a great one to post...Mullenbach, @ Nurburgring, fun little course.

in the demo, the screenshots are saved in the main program folder, in my case "C:\Program Files\GTLDemo" and are named "GRAB_000.JPG" where "000" is a variable number sequentially counting your screenshots ...

wink.gif Andy
blitZ
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 14 2006, 09:55 AM)

Do you do any other online gaming? Some personal firewalls require you to allow the executable internet access. It appears to be a problem on the GT Legends forum.

GT Legends Forum
VaccaRabite
Well, I got the replacement wheel from Amazon over the weekend. I was camping, so I did not get to see it till I got home late monday evening.

Man, the difference is night and day.
First off, it works. Thats a plus.
When the first wheel was working, the force feedback was very weak, this one is much stronger. It has engine vibrations! I did a couple laps with it around the demo track before realizing that I was so tired I was about to collapse. The difference between the new wheel and the old one is night and day, and I like the old one while it was working for the day it was working.

I can't wait for the US release 2 weeks from now.

Zach
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 17 2006, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 14 2006, 09:55 AM)

Do you do any other online gaming? Some personal firewalls require you to allow the executable internet access. It appears to be a problem on the GT Legends forum.

GT Legends Forum

agree.gif disable the POS win xp firewall, and use sygate... sygate is a damn good firewall, and free... much less overhead than zone alarm,too
Porcharu
Anyone out there know if a no DVD hack is out for this game, I bought it and hate needing to have a DVD drive on my PC just to run a game. I made a very quiet PC (it's silent) for recording LP's and general music and photo tasks and I never intended to have any permenent drives mounted.

Also my integrated video (nvidia 6150) can't quite handle the game - what is better for this game ATI or Nvidia? I know that I will have to mod anything I might get to make it quiet.

Does anyone know how to fix the wimpy engine sounds the 914 makes? The RSR is much better sounding.
SirAndy
QUOTE (srbliss @ Jan 17 2006, 10:21 PM)
Also my integrated video (nvidia 6150) can't quite handle the game - what is better for this game ATI or Nvidia?

i've got a nVidia FX 5200 and it runs just fine ...

do you have the latest drivers?
idea.gif Andy
Porcharu
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 17 2006, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (srbliss @ Jan 17 2006, 10:21 PM)
Also my integrated video (nvidia 6150) can't quite handle the game - what is better for this game ATI or Nvidia?

i've got a nVidia FX 5200 and it runs just fine ...

do you have the latest drivers?
idea.gif Andy

Yep - latest drivers. The game is OK I just can't get the eye candy cranked up and keep a nice frame rate. It looks OK but plays poorly - just like GPL does when the framerate is to low, makes it really hard to drive smooth.
What settings are you using. I would really prefer not to add a power eating heat and noise making video card to my silent system.
Steve
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (srbliss @ Jan 18 2006, 01:21 AM)
Anyone out there know if a no DVD hack is out for this game, I bought it and hate needing to have a DVD drive on my PC just to run a game. I made a very quiet PC (it's silent) for recording LP's and general music and photo tasks and I never intended to have any permenent drives mounted.

nope, there's a way around it, but it's more of a pain than using the dvd... the hack involves editing the registry, running a hack called starfuck and unplugging your ide cable to your cd-roms after mounting the dvd's image(which you have to make) using a program like alcohol 120% or DaemonTools...
johannes
I use GameCam, what program are you using to record them

I use "Fraps" old demo, and record in slow motion to avoid "drops"
seanery
I finally got to play on your server blitz. It turns out Windows Firewall wasn't really the problem. It was Norton's Internet Worm utility (part of Antivirus 2005). Right now I've got them both shut off. I'm gonna turn 1 on and see if I can get it to still work.

I ran 3 or 4 laps in an RSR and it played smooth - granted, no one else was on so it should laugh.gif

Can you install my carsets? If we get 914 guys playing there it'd be nice if we weren't all driving the same car.

Also, I plan on releasing all of the factory colors, too, so folks can drive a reasonable facsimilie of their car.
blitZ
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 18 2006, 01:25 PM)
I finally got to play on your server blitz. It turns out Windows Firewall wasn't really the problem. It was Norton's Internet Worm utility (part of Antivirus 2005). Right now I've got them both shut off. I'm gonna turn 1 on and see if I can get it to still work.

I ran 3 or 4 laps in an RSR and it played smooth - granted, no one else was on so it should laugh.gif

Can you install my carsets? If we get 914 guys playing there it'd be nice if we weren't all driving the same car.

Also, I plan on releasing all of the factory colors, too, so folks can drive a reasonable facsimilie of their car.

That's good to hear, I kept thinking it was something on my end. I'll install the skins this evening and maybe we can get some races organized.

blitZ
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 18 2006, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 18 2006, 01:25 PM)

I ran 3 or 4 laps in an RSR and it played smooth - granted, no one else was on so it should  :lol:

That's good to hear, I kept thinking it was something on my end. I'll install the skins this evening and maybe we can get some races organized.

OK, I'm looking on your site and don't see any download links. I could be blind. slap.gif
seanery
...to the left of the descriptions....faint little red button that glows "DOWNLOAD" when moused over.
seanery
targas are pretty standard - Irfanview, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc...will open them. Once opened you can save them as .jpg files.
seanery
More Maps available Here!

It looks like the floodgates are opening! clap.gif
blitZ
I have added the 914 skins to the server and the new tracks. However, I think the other participants (clients), will need to install them to see them. Unless the server downloads them, some game servers like HalfLife, UT will do that.
seanery
thumb3d.gif
seanery
w00t2.gif Jumpy.gif w00t1.gif The Nordschliefe is coming, the Nordschliefe is coming!!! w00t1.gif Jumpy.gif w00t2.gif

Early shots of the Nordschlieffe
dlo914
anyone have a decent torrent link to DL GT Legends? i only found one and im DLing at a crappy 2kb sad.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jan 21 2006, 05:13 PM)
anyone have a decent torrent link to DL GT Legends? i only found one and im DLing at a crappy 2kb sad.gif

don't bother, it won't work once you get it... I had an iso I DLd... the copy protection is big-time on this one...
seanery
The beta release of the Nordschliefe ( really wish I could spell it right) has been released.

The Mother!
Part Pricer

The screenshots of Nordschliefe look very cool. I can't wait until I build my new system and get my copy of GTL.

Quick question for those with the game. Is anyone running GTL on a wide-screen monitor? If so, what resolution are you using? Also, any specs on your video card & monitor setup would be appreciated.

seanery
I am. I have an HP 24" widescreen. I was running 1920x1200, but switched a week or so ago to 1600x1050. I see no loss in quality and I get a couple more frames per second. I'm using an ATI 9800pro AGP. The card will do 8x AGP, but my mobo only supports 4x. If I were building a system I'd get an ATI X850 or X1800 512meg PCI Express.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.