Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Skin for GT Legends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Jan 22 2006, 10:47 AM)
The screenshots of Nordschliefe look very cool. I can't wait until I build my new system and get my copy of GTL.

Quick question for those with the game. Is anyone running GTL on a wide-screen monitor? If so, what resolution are you using? Also, any specs on your video card & monitor setup would be appreciated.

I have a 19" ws... 1440x900... 4x AA & 8x AF
seanery
It's just gettin crazy now! Someone posted a LeMans beta! GTL Add-On tracks!

and Barcelona now, too! w00t2.gif
serge914
At what level are you guys playing? I am still working on the challenge at the amateur level wich is the middle one out of 5. Be honest please .
blitZ
I'm working on the D cup ( no jokes please ) at the novice level.
Part Pricer
I wanted to run somethings past the "gamers" here. I'm planning on building a new system primarily to play GTL. I was just looking and came across this card on Newegg. It is a eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256Mb PCI Express x16 card. The specs are pretty good (20 pixelpipelines, 445MHz - can be overclocked, etc.) Link to card

Now, here's the kicker that caught my attention. If you buy the card, they will include a eVGA Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard for free. Now, I know that this isn't necessarily the best MB out there, but the price for a video adapter & motherboard is very appealing. I figure that this can get me up and running now with a decent video adapter and then I can replace the MB later.

Any thoughts?
seanery
It looks like the 7800 series is Nvidia's top of the line and the GT is the entry level into the 7800 series. The specs seem good, and the price isn't bad - especially since it's got a mobo with it.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Jan 24 2006, 10:17 AM)
I figure that this can get me up and running now with a decent video adapter and then I can replace the MB later.

Any thoughts?

what's your current mobo? unless it's from the past year, it won't have PCI express... and if you currently have a PCI express card, you can probably run the game fine

7800 is the badass of nvidia... top-line

also, with the mobo that comes with it, you need to make sure you have a 939-pin A64 chip too...
Part Pricer

Don't worry about my current mobo, that's going in the trash. smile.gif Although, I will have an extra Nvidia FX-5200 AGP if anybody wants it.

I was thinking about a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor. I can't seeing paying for an FX or Dual Core processor just to play a game.

My thought process was to go with the free mobo for now. I has everythng that I currently need including PCI Express x16. And, If I find that it doesn't suit my needs, I'll upgrade to a different mobo later.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Jan 24 2006, 12:53 PM)
Don't worry about my current mobo, that's going in the trash. smile.gif Although, I will have an extra Nvidia FX-5200 AGP if anybody wants it.

I was thinking about a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor. I can't seeing paying for an FX or Dual Core processor just to play a game.

My thought process was to go with the free mobo for now. I has everythng that I currently need including PCI Express x16. And, If I find that it doesn't suit my needs, I'll upgrade to a different mobo later.

evga video cards are really good, I'm sure the mobos are fine too... I've used ECS several times, and they are fine, too.
goose2
At what level are you guys playing?

I'm about halfway through the E cup at Novice level....driving the GT40 for this series, what an animal!
Porcharu
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Jan 24 2006, 09:53 AM)

Don't get that chip - it's a very old revision (look at the part number - ADA3200BIBOX - the BI portion is the rev or stepping number D0 they are up to E6 (runs cooler and has several fixes) What you want is something like this E6: ADA3000BWBOX
porschecb
Hey Martin! Your picture is to small. Could you please make it little bigger? laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (porschecb @ Jan 24 2006, 11:50 AM)
Hey Martin! Your picture is to small. Could you please make it little bigger? laugh.gif

and get your anti-alias set to at least 2x, it'll get rid of all those ugly ragged edges on the car model ...

cool.gif Andy
porschecb
QUOTE (North Bay 914 @ Jan 24 2006, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (porschecb @ Jan 24 2006, 11:50 AM)
Hey Martin!  Your picture is to small.  Could you please make it little bigger? laugh.gif

Sorry Dude, I forgot its your world and were just living in it...how's this?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Much better!
seanery
There is an error with the #41 Aubergine Sonauto car. Download This file and place it in the #41 car's folder to fix it.

Thanks!
-sean
seanery
ok, for those of you playing along at home wink.gif

Watkins Glen and Infineon were both released today.
Check out the RSC site for the downloads! smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
I dont see infineon (rather want that one.. lol)

got a link?
seanery
Race Sim Central's GTL Track Add-ons Forum
SirAndy
QUOTE (johannes @ Feb 12 2006, 04:00 PM)
Thanks to you Seanery , I now can run against several 914 at the Nordschleife.

schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

oh my, now i *have* to get the full version ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

PS: are those other car controlled by the computer or did you drive against real people?
VaccaRabite
Well, not that I would have bought a whole new computer for this game alone...

But it happens that just 4 days after my full copy of GT Legends came in, Erin and I descided to order a new compy. It should get here today.

smilie_pokal.gif

Oh, and after a few hours of playing the full version... Man, I SUCK at driving everything but the Mini. I can win the Mini Cup races on Amature level, and place them at Semi-Pro, but am having difficulty with the Dorift-O King races at Novice (or whatever the second level is). I don't yet have the scratch to buy the 914, but I took it for a test drive. laugh.gif

Zach
seanery
the cortina is the car for the drift class, at least for me.

Buy one of my 914s, they're only $1500 instead of $35,000 wink.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 16 2006, 09:34 AM)
Buy one of my 914s, they're only $1500 instead of $35,000 wink.gif

I have not installed your pack yet. I was waiting for the new computer to get here before I did that.

Also have not installed Civ IV yet, for the same reason. I was going to wait to install GTL unitl the new machine arrived, but I could not wait to play it after playing with the demo for over a month.

hahahaha. When I installed the new full version, erin said "Well, at least they changed the horrid music before each race!"

Zach

tommy914
I need some help setting up the 914.
I need suggestions for front and rear toe, spring rates, torsion bar size, brake bias, tire pressures etc...

I keep losing it in the turns, under and oversteer.

Or does someone have a setup file I can download

thanks

Tommy
seanery
I can't help you too much, about the only thing I do is make the front bias about 60% and take the fuel down to exactly the number of laps I'll be running or maybe +1.
dan10101
Search the "online" setups. There are some VERY good setups there.

Big change comes into the power things..

but search the online setups for the more popular tracks and download them, if you dont like it, delete it..

Some of them have ratings...

Andrew
goose2
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:02 PM)
I keep losing it in the turns, under and oversteer.

Or does someone have a setup file I can download

thanks

Tommy

more neg camber, lots of castor, 0 toe in...more or less rear bar to your liking .....brake early, power on before the apex...DON"T LIFT...I'd happily share some setups that work for me if I knew how to set up links. Sean...can you host them?
seanery
send em to me sean at moronthrottle
Andyrew
You could upload them online(by that I mean IN GAME). Mark them as "914club" under um.. "setups"

goose2
I sent em to Sean wink.gif
tommy914
Thanks.

My copy didn't come with the online key and I'm still waiting for a response from the software company on getting a replacement.

Sean. thanks for hosting the info.
seanery
I have added Goose's car setups to my 914 GTL Page MoronThrottle.com/GTLegends.

If you would like your setup added, you can send it to me at sean at moronthrottle. Be sure to label what track it's for.
KaptKaos
Do you guys run a server for PvP races?

Let me know. I might pick it up this weekend =)
blitZ
I have a server up and would like to get some races together this weekend or sooner. I've got bandwidth for up to 10 players. I'm on the east coast, what time is good?

The IP is 66.23.201.146
tommy914
I'm up for a race. But I haven't gotten far in the game, so I don't have experience on many tracks.
I'm in CST, so an hour behind.
Just about anytime is ok with me.
KaptKaos
What wheel do you guys use? I have been looking and really don't want to drop $100 on a Logitech Momo.

Any recommendations?
blitZ
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 23 2006, 07:45 AM)
What wheel do you guys use? I have been looking and really don't want to drop $100 on a Logitech Momo.

Any recommendations?

I'm using the Momo, works great. Got mine at New Egg
seanery
logitech wingman formula force here, quite a bit cheaper than the momo.
johannes
Logitech MOMO is an excellent choice. I have one and its perfect for GT Legend ...

Don't buy any cheap wheel if you want to have fun with the game.
tommy914
I'm using the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel.
Works good, but doesn't seem to keep me from running off the course.

I getting good at racing in the runoff area.

blitZ
The paddle shifters on the Momo are a blast. I'd be up for a race tonight, I got basketball until 9pm EST. We can give it a whirl.

I might add some of these new tracks to the server, so you might want to download them. LeMans looks like it would be good.

GTL Tracks

seanery
Mt. Shasta rocks, the Nordschleife is cool, but takes a while to learn, the glen would be cool to do.

I'm working tonite til midnight or so, so I'll hafta miss it. Can't wait to hear about it though driving.gif
mikelsr
The other day I read about a new(?) wheel that was 2 1/2 turns lock to lock. Did anyone else read this or was I just smoking something I shouldn't have? ohmy.gif If so do you remember the name of it? I am using the logitech wingman formula force and thought about getting a different wheel.

I did get about an hour or so to just race the other day so I sold one of my cars and bought a 914 and started playing with the settings. I finally have something going that I can keep on the course (for the most part). The longer I played the better I got (still have a long way to go). This game is addicting. I am trying to get my son interested in it but he doesn't care much for cars. sad.gif

When you run the races on the private servers what level are you running them (novice, expert, etc.)?
M
johannes
the Nordschleife is cool

You said it !!! ... I'm reposting the Nordschleife video ... The previous link was broken

blitZ
Played online with Tommy last night. It was just the two of us, so we just left it in practice mode and chased each other around the track. Online racing is a blast, we'll have to get more players together this weekend sometime.

johannes
feel free to drop me a mail when you are planing to race on line ... I would be pleased to join .. if not in the middle of the night driving.gif
tommy914
QUOTE (blitZ @ Feb 24 2006, 06:30 AM)
Played online with Tommy last night. It was just the two of us, so we just left it in practice mode and chased each other around the track. Online racing is a blast, we'll have to get more players together this weekend sometime.

Had a blast "racing" online with Les. It was mostly Les showing me the way around the track, then me crashing. I am getting pretty good at "offroad" racing though. Thanks for being patient.

Can we get a GT Legends online racing sticky to post schedules?
Or maybe something in the events forum?

KaptKaos
A few questions;

1) Does the game come on DVD or CD?

2) Does the game require you to have the DVD or CD in the drive when playing?

3) Which steering wheel do you use and do you like it?

Thanks much, hope to see you online soon.

- Joe
johannes
A few questions;

1) Does the game come on DVD or CD?

2) Does the game require you to have the DVD or CD in the drive when playing?

3) Which steering wheel do you use and do you like it?

Thanks much, hope to see you online soon.

- Joe

1 ) DVD (not CD)
2 ) Absolutely ... Very strong copy protection
3 ) Logitech MOMO ... I Love it ! Precise, strong, reliable, lot of features driving.gif

4 You are welcome
seanery
The US version, I've been told, is on 3 CD-Roms.
The Import version is on DVD.

The import version must be in the drive when running the game.
The US version ..... confused24.gif

I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force (older than the Momo, but it's still fine by me)
tommy914
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 24 2006, 10:52 AM)
The import version must be in the drive when running the game.
The US version ..... confused24.gif

The US version also requires the CD to be in the drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.