Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Skin for GT Legends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Andyrew
does the us version have us tracks?
seanery
they all have the same content. The US version has the 1.1 update incorporated already.
VaccaRabite
Allright Sean... I need some help. I was trying to design my 914 as I am intending to paint it. But when I load the car into GTL it has this funky orange overspray. Particualrly on the sail panels, chrome windshiled trim and banner. What am I doing wrong?

Also, how do you change the car icon and car name at the dealer? I copied my DDS files into a copy of one of your folders. Now I have car 80 showing up twice, instead of car 75 and car 80 showing up.

I was usign the tutorial found here :http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=229800 but it seems like it skipped some steps.

Thanks

Zach
seanery
make sure that the car number inside the .car file matches the file names of the car you're doing.
Open up one of the ones I did and scroll to the bottom to see that info.

The icons are the two .tga files in the car's folder, one is b/w for when you don't own it, the other is color when you do.
The animated movie for each car is the .bik file.

If you send me your files I can probably tell you exactly what is wrong or missing. sean at moronthrottle

also, be sure to give your driver a unique name.
VaccaRabite
Thanks, I'll do that. Looking at what is in the cardealer, I also noticed that I had that wire frame lines still embedded in the car. I've appearently got some learning to do. This is my first time playing with Skins... I am going out but I will email them to you when I get back tonight.

Thanks!

Zach
blitZ
Anyone up for a race tonight?
lapuwali
So, people actually have a copy of the US version? I ordered mine from EBgames on 10 Jan, and they still say they're "waiting for product". If you have a copy now, where did you get it?
blitZ
Bought mine on Ebay, it's an English version.
seanery
I've been told that WalMart and Target have them. Don't know if it's online or in-store.
blitZ
Tommy, can you post what you did to fix your XP firewall issue. Seems to be a common thing.
tommy914
QUOTE (blitZ @ Feb 24 2006, 07:09 PM)
Tommy, can you post what you did to fix your XP firewall issue.  Seems to be a common thing.

I am running Windows XP home Edition. I have the "firewall" feature turned on which blocks certain (not sure what) activity. When I first connected to the online server, it kept reloading the maps about every 30 seconds. When I exited GT legends, a Firewall warning window had popped up, telling me GT legends was trying to do something and asking if I wanted to allow it. I just answered "yes" and everything was cool.

You could also go to /Control Panel/ Security Center/Windows Firewall/ Exceptions and add GT lengends there.
tommy914
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Feb 24 2006, 05:54 PM)
So, people actually have a copy of the US version? I ordered mine from EBgames on 10 Jan, and they still say they're "waiting for product". If you have a copy now, where did you get it?

Comp Usa, 2 weeks ago
mikelsr
Les,
As I said before, it was a blast driving with you tonight. I have a lot to learn but I learned a lot tonight. I wll keep practicing so I can at least see you in front of me and not lapping me! laugh.gif
Mike
North Bay 914
Anyone esle going to run tonight on-line? I am up for a little action.
VaccaRabite
I have the US version. New egg had them in stock, for about $29.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Hey Sean, I think that I got it figured out.
I don't know what I changed, but I fixed it. I'll post up screen shots once I figure out how to get the damned mapping lines out of the paint. ar15.gif I also need to modify the inside of the car. Do you have the PSD file for the cars insides? I think it was posted up in here somewhere, but I am tired and there are over 400 posts in this thread now....

How did you make the icons and the video for the car factory?

This is good "brush up on photoshop" practice for me, as well as helping me descide what kind of paint scheme I want for my car. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks!

Zach
KaptKaos
I got the game, but my online key is fubar. Sent an email to them. Waiting for a response.

Anyone else deal with this already?

.ps this game is tough!!
seanery
joe,
did you go to gtlegends.com?

there is a link there regarding the online key issue
KaptKaos
Sean,

I don't see anything automated to get me a key sad.gif
tommy914
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 25 2006, 12:00 AM)
Sean,

I don't see anything automated to get me a key sad.gif

There is an email link.
You will get a key in a few days.

Until then.. practice practice practice

KaptKaos
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Feb 24 2006, 10:14 PM)
Sean,

I don't see anything automated to get me a key  :(

There is an email link.

Bummer!!

Game Seems really laggy too. Anything I can do to improve performance?

thanks,
JOe
Aaron Cox
learn to drive tongue.gif
johannes
Laggy ? you mean the framerate is too low ? Or the feeling with the wheel ?

The setup of the wheel is very important. I made a lot of tries and found out a setup that gives me a good feeling and precision.

If you have a MOMO, select the momo RACING setup and not the momo FORCE.
blitZ
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 24 2006, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Feb 24 2006, 10:14 PM)
Sean,

I don't see anything automated to get me a key  :(

There is an email link.

Bummer!!

Game Seems really laggy too. Anything I can do to improve performance?

thanks,
JOe

It might be your PC setup. I had the same problem when I first started playing and invested in a better video card. Update your video driver. Make sure you have nothing running while playing, email client, etc. Sucks getting an email while playing resulting in frame rate lag, next thing you know your're off the track.

Practice is crucial, learn the tracks. It's frustrating at first, hang in there.
johannes
First rule ! ... Do not expect to drive fast and have fun if your framerate is under 30 F/s !!!

In the game go to video menu set all graphic details to low. Note the framerate in a spécific situation .... ctrl or Shift + F (can't remember)

Then close the game ...

Before launching the game again, lauch the setup utility.
Reduce in game screen resolution to 800 X 600 and remove the AA (anti aliasing )

If you mesure a great improvement in framerate , this means that changing for a faster video card will help.

I had a "SE" video card ... a Radeon 9200 SE ... I had VERY LOW frame rate even with the game graphic details set to low def.
I bought a Radeon 9600 Pro for 90$ and it improved the framerate by 50% ... Still have to set the graphic details to quite low when more than 5 cars are on the track ...

Nice graphics is fun but better have 30 fps and have fun with driving, than nice graphics and a car you can't handle ....
blitZ
There is a online racing forum in the future events section.

Thanks Seanery.
VaccaRabite
Well, my car is still a work in progress, but here is how it was looking before I descided I needed to go to bed for work tomorrow.

There are a few meddling things that are confusing me. I tried to delete the windshield banner, and paint it as an alpha channel , but that obviously hasnot been done right quite yet - its just grey.

I also tried to delete the filler cap, but for some reason its still in the game model.

And the passinger side head lamp has part of the black bar from the drivers side. Not sure what is going on there...

This is pretty much how I am planning on painting my car once it is ready.

Zach
mikelsr
QUOTE (blitZ @ Feb 25 2006, 08:09 AM)
Practice is crucial, learn the tracks.  It's frustrating at first, hang in there.

Yes it is frustrating but practice I will!

Now to find a map of the tracks.
seanery
Zach,
after seeing the pic of your skin I can help you a bit.

1. the pass side headlight cover is a mirror image of the driver side...no way to get around it (the sail panels are the same way)
2. Your alpha channel is missing. Make sure you save the window file as a dds type 5 with alpha. The body 2 and windows use dds type 5 as well as the inside banner and one of the interior files I sent you.
Part Pricer
OK. It is official, I will never get any work done now! biggrin.gif

I picked up this game at Best Buy yesterday for $19.95. Wow! This is a lot of fun. However, I do really suck. I blew the engine in my Mini the first time out.

It will take me a while, but I'll catch up. smile.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 27 2006, 12:26 AM)
Zach,
after seeing the pic of your skin I can help you a bit.

1. the pass side headlight cover is a mirror image of the driver side...no way to get around it (the sail panels are the same way)
2. Your alpha channel is missing. Make sure you save the window file as a dds type 5 with alpha. The body 2 and windows use dds type 5 as well as the inside banner and one of the interior files I sent you.

huh, I was wondering about that. I think that I saved the window panels as 1 bit alpha, but that will be easy enough to go back and check.

I need to now actually get into on of the 914club races... :-)

Zach
seanery
Road Atlanta was released today at RSCForums.net
slugmika
Just got my game. Too hard to play with keys.
What should i do to get someone to make a skin of my car?
I could sendt some salmiakki maybe?
It's going to look like this
http://www.berlothdesign.nl/misc/mika05.jpg

Mika
blitZ
QUOTE (slugmika @ Apr 6 2006, 06:41 AM)
Just got my game. Too hard to play with keys.

You might want to pick up a wheel. I have a Logitech Momo, works pretty well. Now, if I can just learn to drive. dry.gif
seanery
give me a couple days and I'll get your car done.
slugmika
Take all the time you need smilie_pokal.gif
Thanks!!!!
mikelsr
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 6 2006, 08:23 AM)

Sean,
Have you ever tried to use the Gimp for skins? It doesn't support DDS (I think that is one of the file formats needed) directly but I thought I read that there is a plugin or a combo of programs that works to some degree for providing the DDS format. I don't have a late enough version of PS (I have v4 IIRC).

Mike
seanery
QUOTE (mikelsr @ Apr 6 2006, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 6 2006, 08:23 AM)

Sean,
Have you ever tried to use the Gimp for skins? It doesn't support DDS (I think that is one of the file formats needed) directly but I thought I read that there is a plugin or a combo of programs that works to some degree for providing the DDS format. I don't have a late enough version of PS (I have v4 IIRC).

Mike

I use photoshop and the nvidea plug-in.
tommy914
Hijack!

Is there some easy to use software for track design?

I have this idea to take my morning commute and turn it into a race track.
seanery
Tommy,
I think all the tracks are created in 3d software like Max and Lightwave and then imported into software that makes and packages the track files...I know there is info in the GTL forum regarding add-on tracks. It seems to be LOTS of work. But it would be cool to do.
blitZ
Making a track from scratch is a ton of work, could take months. Most of the tracks we are adding have been converted from other racing games.
ematulac
I'm trying to find this game on Amazon.com and it lists 3 different ones ... which one do I want?

huh.gif
seanery
you want the one that costs the least! laugh.gif

Check Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy....I've heard of $19.99 for it lately.
Porcharu
Anyone tried one of the new Nvidia cards (7600GS/GT or the 7900 series) with this game? My silent PC's 6150 integrated graphics aren't quite enough for it.
tommy914
I running it with a nvidea 6600 with no problems.
blitZ
QUOTE (Porcharu @ Apr 7 2006, 12:59 AM)
Anyone tried one of the new Nvidia cards (7600GS/GT or the 7900 series) with this game? My silent PC's 6150 integrated graphics aren't quite enough for it.

One of those should work fine, just get it with at least 256mb of memory.
xitspd
ohmy.gif Sean! I have today read once again this entire post. The club is truly blessed and enhanced with your's and Andy's talents. We are all very fortunate to have been favored by you Andy and your collective skills.

Dan
Andyrew
Im curious if there is any way to make a track creator that would allow the making of autox tracks, given the dimensions...

That way people could place the cones in the creator from a top view of the course and load it on their game and race!

Maybe a big skidpad like NFS: PU

Andrew
SirAndy
do they have thunderhill? if not, someone HAS TO do that ...

wink.gif Andy
Andyrew
no.. Only sears point and laguna are the CA tracks right now...

Laguna is awesome btw rocking nana.gif

T hill would be sick, button willow would be cool as well.. heck, all the CA tracks would rock!!! cus it would give us practice!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.