Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Skin for GT Legends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
seanery
Here's my first attempt at a skin for a game. I found a template and just played with colors, stickers, etc...This is what I'm driving right now on GT Legends.
TimT
thats the rendering from the game? I dont know if those are even the right terms but

WOW that car looks amazing.

Sean, Very nice stuff!!
lagunero
Nice!
What's "moronpedal.com"?
TimT
can you make the running surface more realistic? put some tire snots outside and inside the line. And make a bald spot at the apex.. also a bit of litter here and there would be appropo
seanery
that's a screen grab from a replay. All rendered real time.

seanery
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 21 2005, 11:07 PM)
Nice!
What's "moronpedal.com"?

MoronPedal sells Disc Brake bolt kits for mountain bikes. smile.gif
seanery
QUOTE (TimT @ Dec 21 2005, 11:07 PM)
can you make the running surface more realistic? put some tire snots outside and inside the line. And make a bald spot at the apex.. also a bit of litter here and there would be appropo

Tim,
The racing surface actually looks decent, my angle and the glare of the sun have obscured it a bit...no marbles, though, blut plenty of oil on it.
Jeroen
well done!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

doesn't GT Legends come with a 914/6 GT ?
I'm pretty sure I saw a demo with one in it...
seanery
yes, this is it. Before I reskinned it, it was the factory orange. Nice looking, but I wanted to make it more personal. The inside is still a bit orange, but I hope to figure out how to make it match the exterior.
Jeroen
ha... I looked again :cleaning-glasses-smiley: and spotted the fender flares
at first glance the pic looks like a stock/narrowbody

still... very cool job!
Eddie Williams
Are you running the demo? The web site says it won't be released till February.
Trekkor
That looks fantastic!

I want to play boldblue.gif

KT
seanery
It's been released, just not in the US. I bought an imported version on Ebay. driving.gif
seanery
Here's Version 2 as I'm being passed by a 906 at Spa driving.gif
seanery
nuther - I'm having too much fun both driving and painting! biggrin.gif

can you see our favorite vendors' logos? smile.gif
Lou W
Wow, That is really cool. smilie_pokal.gif
blitZ
I've been playing GT Legends some trying to steer with the keyboard, unsucessfully. You guys using a gaming wheel, if so what brand?

nomore9one4
That kicks ars! bootyshake.gif
djm914-6
What game system does that play on?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 22 2005, 12:51 AM)
It's been released, just not in the US. I bought an imported version on Ebay. driving.gif

agree.gif

gogamer.com has them already too...

I can't be waiting until february
Root_Werks
driving.gif
seanery
sorry for eating up bandwidth with this, but I'm having a ball!
tat2dphreak
clap.gif I can't wait to get this...

I d/l'd it from bittorrent, to put off buying it until Feb. but the copy protection is crazy... they win...

I d/l games to get a good demo... if I like 'em I buy, but GTL beat me... I'll have to buy from Europe
seanery
Wayne,
there are separate S/Ns for the disk and the multiplayer mode. Every time the game starts it checks the DVD - takes about 15 seconds. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think the disks may be serialized - or at least have a huge list of approved S/Ns buried on it somewhere. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 22 2005, 12:29 PM)
Wayne,
there are separate S/Ns for the disk and the multiplayer mode. Every time the game starts it checks the DVD - takes about 15 seconds. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think the disks may be serialized - or at least have a huge list of approved S/Ns buried on it somewhere. confused24.gif

yep... the "fix" to get around it involves(short version):

mount the .iso using Daemon tools or alcohol120%, edit your registry, start an xp background process, disable the dvd node, unplug the cd-roms IDE-cable, run a hack program that patches xp temporarily to ignore starforce validations...

hence: they win! that is too much trouble to save shipping from UK...

but yea, the S/N you get on the box has to match the specific DVD... screwy.gif

the last game that "won" was HL2... their SOURCE network attachment was impossible to get around, too

seanery
Dave,
This is a PC game, I've got a P4 2.8 with a gig of ram and an ATI 9700 Pro video card with 128 megs ram, it plays ok, but I really need a 256 meg video card.

Blitz,
I'm using an older Logitech Wingman Formula Force steering wheel. The current version of this retails at $65, but I bet you can find it cheaper on Ebay or something. Used isn't necessarily a good bet because there are bearings and play can become an issue. Logitech has a really nice new one called Momo Racing...it's real slick ~$100.
seanery
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Dec 22 2005, 12:48 PM)
too much trouble to save shipping from UK...

Mine came from Michigan, plenty of them on Ebay that are already here in the states. I ordered mine on Friday and had it on Tuesday driving.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 22 2005, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Dec 22 2005, 12:48 PM)
too much trouble to save shipping from UK...

Mine came from Michigan, plenty of them on Ebay that are already here in the states. I ordered mine on Friday and had it on Tuesday driving.gif

idea.gif sweet... I'll hit ebay tonight... the other day the ones I saw on ebay were in the UK... beer.gif

djm914-6
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 22 2005, 12:53 PM)
Dave,
This is a PC game, I've got a P4 2.8 with a gig of ram and an ATI 9700 Pro video card with 128 megs ram, it plays ok, but I really need a 256 meg video card.

Blitz,
I'm using an older Logitech Wingman Formula Force steering wheel. The current version of this retails at $65, but I bet you can find it cheaper on Ebay or something. Used isn't necessarily a good bet because there are bearings and play can become an issue. Logitech has a really nice new one called Momo Racing...it's real slick ~$100.

YIKES!! I won't be playing that one anytime soon. My PC is... shall we say slower than a stock West Coast issue 1.7L 914.

Oh BCinSC... How about a swap. I'll help more on your car and you build me a machine to play this??? I need to put that MOMO leather wheel to some use.
goose2
Just ordered mine from gogogames on ebay...45 bucks shipped from CA. I've been playing with the demo for a few days. driving.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 22 2005, 12:53 PM)
Dave,

Blitz,

YIKES!! I won't be playing that one anytime soon. My PC is... shall we say slower than a stock West Coast issue 1.7L 914.

Oh BCinSC... How about a swap. I'll help more on your car and you build me a machine to play this??? I need to put that MOMO leather wheel to some use.

I've been playing the demo on my p4 2.0, gig-o-rama and a 128 mb. It plays fine. However, with more video memory, you could probaly turn up the eye candy settings.
goose2

I've been playing the demo with no problems on a 1.1ghz AMD...1g ram and 256 video. Try the demo for free and see if it will run...turn down the graphics and sound options...may work.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (goose2 @ Dec 22 2005, 03:02 PM)

I've been playing the demo with no problems on a 1.1ghz AMD...1g ram and 256 video. Try the demo for free and see if it will run...turn down the graphics and sound options...may work.

yep, I have a 2.2ghz, 512 RAM, and 256 on video... 9800 pro will run Q4, no problems... GTL is light duty compared

to buy:
http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.sto...uct/View/001GTL
seanery
I'm excited now! I've figured out not only how to skin an existing car, but create more unique cars (based on their existing models). The game comes with 1 914, which is cool, but not enough. I've now added 3 more! Here are a couple screen grabs of my current progress.

914s now include:
14 - CFR - Chris Foley Racing
370 - Factory GT
632 - MoronPedal.com
922 - MoronPedal / 914World.com
seanery
I plan to add about 10 or so 914s so I can race a full field of teeners with no duplicates!
Aaron Cox
can ya chop the A pillar? and make an thorshammer?

oooh... and a yellow ULF for jp?
seanery
no can do on the A pillar.

Here's car 5 #555 - Dan Callicott it has some issues that I'll resolve later.
seanery
nuther
seanery
last one for today
Trekkor
That is so awesome smilie_pokal.gif

KT
erikstoll
frickin sweet, i need to pick up this game, as well as a wheel, driving w/ a joypad or a keyboard in the demo resulted me in going WAY off the track
seanery
I don't see how people drive harder games like this one, GPLegends, etc...without a wheel! It's gotta be hard!

Oh, when you guys start getting the game I can give you the cars I've been working on and show you how to add them and others to your game! driving.gif
goose2
I can give you the cars I've been working on and show you how to add them

That would be cool...do you just re-skin the existing other cars or are they complete with 914 physics? I've done some skins for another game using photoshop...seems I needed to add a plug-in for a foreign format....what format are the GTL skins?
seanery
dds skins
cars are made via a .car file

cars are additional 914s added to the game, so the physics are 914 correct biggrin.gif driving.gif
Aaron Cox
do john roger's six now smile.gif
seanery
actually, I did the #87 Altec/Lansing car...I know it was an IMSA body, but GT style will have to do...notice the blacked out chrome biggrin.gif
seanery
nutha
seanery
eins more
seanery
uno mas
seanery
OK, this one is the last one for tonite...

I made the #87 car have a lot more exhaust than the others! icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.