Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
TeenerTim
I was talking to the CDOC rep at the Porsche Parade about racing seat sizes and he said I could go to the CDOC warehouse near Charlottesville to try some out. So I got to thinking that maybe the ECC gang might want to take a tour of the facility. Before the heavy drinking starts of course. beer3.gif

Does that sound like something you guys might want to do?
VaccaRabite
Do people want shirts for this event?

I will handle the sale of shirts, but I do not have the time to find someone to do the printing. If we want to have shirts made, we will need to act now.

I wish I had more time, but I am stretched to the brink as it is. I am putting out a call for help.

Thanks

Zach
Rick L
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 10 2008, 09:21 AM) *

Do people want shirts for this event?

I will handle the sale of shirts, but I do not have the time to find someone to do the printing. If we want to have shirts made, we will need to act now.

I wish I had more time, but I am stretched to the brink as it is. I am putting out a call for help.

Thanks

Zach

I can get the shirts. I just need to know exactly what we want. I can handle pre-sales as well.
stepuptotheMike
Bumpity Bump Bump.

Anybody from Charlotte feel like caravaning? I would have my wife drive the support vehicle on the 6 hour trek, but she has another engagement the weekend of ECC.

Come on Charlotte Teeners.... you know you want to represent driving.gif

-Mike
VaccaRabite
Just over a month away.

my car won't make it. to much other stuff going on to get significant work done on it. :-(

But I'm still looking forward to it!

Zach
Dr Evil
Bring a piece of it with you, thats all I can do sad.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 11 2008, 02:37 PM) *

Bring a piece of it with you, thats all I can do sad.gif

IPB Image

You will have a whole new car in a few days.

Zach
Dr Evil
Emo kid rolleyes.gif

My new can of worms should be at Scotty's country mansion tomorrow sometime.
VaccaRabite
To raise funds for the ECC, I have decided to raffle off one of my spare part.

So.

I have NIB, ATE 19mm Master Cylinder (worth $180 something) from Pelican.

Tickets will be $20, cash, at the ECC.

This is a great addition to your car, and all the proceeds will go directly to defraying the costs of setting this gig up.

Zach
Dr Evil
There are costs? Talk to me. I am willing to raffle off a tranny rebuild or a rebuilt tranny depending on how many sign up. I also have bolt sets that I am bringing as door prises and such. All the other rallies have hit me up, why not you guys?
angerosa
Zach - What kinds of costs are there? I'm happy to donate cash. What's needed? Jason
VaccaRabite
An ECC costs a couple hundred dollars to put on - mostly all by the host. Me being who I am, I would rather raffle something then to raise the funds then pass a hat. I guess I am not good at asking for things.

That said, I do have this spare master cylinder. I could send it back to Pelican, but this way I get to raise a little money for an event I enjoy w/o putting in new funds.

Zach

Dr Evil
Like I said, PM me and let me know and I can work something out with some of my products smile.gif
scotty b
Sept. 27-28 is coming up quick guys smile.gif

Time to start a caravan plan. Anyone coming through Richmond wanna link up ?

JON ??? ARE YOU OUT THERE ????????
okieflyr
I'm planning to head to the area on Friday, and would be interested to hear any hotel suggestions. driving.gif

Oh yah, I can donate a 901 that needs a home, for raffle. Doc, if your interested, your welcome to open it up for value assesment.
Dr Evil
HA! Jon fell into "the void" if you know what I mean sheeplove.gif

(he has a girlfriend now and does not need us sad.gif )
Dr Evil
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Aug 14 2008, 10:11 PM) *

I'm planning to head to the area on Friday, and would be interested to hear any hotel suggestions. driving.gif

Oh yah, I can donate a 901 that needs a home, for raffle. Doc, if your interested, your welcome to open it up for value assesment.

WORD! Lets do a reconditioned (no new 1st slider) tranny auction. $20 a ticket for a $750 or greater value smile.gif
VaccaRabite
Woot!

So we have raffles now for a rebuit transmission by our own Dr. Evil, and for a New in Box ATE 19mm Master Cylinder. $20 buy in for each!

Rick is working on shirts, and we should have advance pricing soon.

Things are really shaping up!

Zach
stepuptotheMike
I'll be coming up through Richmond, staying at my father's place on Friday night.

Need to get my car tuned and ready to go.

-Mike
jimkelly
this is my path according to google - if you live along this route - stay off the sidewalk : )
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have another guy interested in following me over with a six he just finished

I also need the name of a clean, cheap motel near the site. let me know please

Dave slap.gif
ws91420
Charlottesville is a college town so plenty of hotels around and UVA football is away that w/e so prices shouldn't be too bad.
zymurgist
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 15 2008, 04:10 PM) *

this is my path according to google - if you live along this route - stay off the sidewalk : )

Fair warning (and some NoVa 914 guys should chime in if this isn't accurate):

I-95 from Springfield (I-495 interchange) to Fredericksburg has extremely heavy traffic and may be stop and go at any time. US 29 can be accessed from I-66 via the Capital Beltway. US 29 has less traffic and it's a gorgeous drive.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 16 2008, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 15 2008, 04:10 PM) *

Fair warning (and some NoVa 914 guys should chime in if this isn't accurate):

I-95 from Springfield (I-495 interchange) to Fredericksburg has extremely heavy traffic and may be stop and go at any time. US 29 can be accessed from I-66 via the Capital Beltway. US 29 has less traffic and it's a gorgeous drive.

That stretch of road is the pits on any weekday from around 3pm - 6:30pm. However, I have never run into major traffic on a Saturday morning, and I used to head down that way fairly frequently.

Personally, I'd suggest taking 301 as far as you can. Though I guess 301 between Bowie and Waldorf can also suck at times.

I'm either going to be taking rt 15 down, or taking 95 to 66. It will be a toss up on which one speaks to me that morning.

Zach
type47
jimkelly, avoid 95, almost at all costs. either take 301 across the potomac bridge at dalghren then thru fredericksburg or caravan with us (root, jason, jim, nathan, babydoll, ken, norustscott, matt .... biggrin.gif , well, unconfirmed) from NOVA down 29

if you're passing thru bowie, pick up degreeoff
jimkelly
sounds like a good plan - i will pm DEGREE - and meet up with you'all

jim

--

QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 16 2008, 07:45 AM) *

jimkelly, avoid 95, almost at all costs. either take 301 across the potomac bridge at dalghren then thru fredericksburg or caravan with us (root, jason, jim, nathan, babydoll, ken, norustscott, matt .... biggrin.gif , well, unconfirmed) from NOVA down 29

zymurgist
So I went to the brew store yesterday and bought 14 pounds of grain, 4 ounces of hops, and some yeast. I ended up with this.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Izzat how its supposed to be?
zymurgist
Pretty much. The particles floating around are a combination of hot break, cold break, and hops. I plan to let this kick for a couple of days until fermentation subsides, then siphon to secondary fermenter. I love glass bottles... the fermentation process produces heat and you get some good convection currents in the fermenter. As Chauncey Gardener said, "I like to watch."
scotty b
I just realized this time of year the leaves will be off to a nice start. We definitely need a drive. How far off of skyline drive are you ? driving.gif
VaccaRabite
Well, I might be able to drive the old Jeep down for the ECC. 914 won't be done, but the jeep is close to drivable.

And if I take the Jeep, I can just winch up the whole engine stand thing and have some local pros help get my carbs dialed in. :-)

We will se how brave I am on the day of. The truck has not had time to prove itself to me.

Zach
ws91420
Don't you mean carbs? poke.gif
VaccaRabite
This is what I get for posting while feeding a baby.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 17 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I just realized this time of year the leaves will be off to a nice start. We definitely need a drive. How far off of skyline drive are you ? driving.gif

You mean, that road that gets clogged with motor homes and leaf peepers from D.C.?
atomix8
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 16 2008, 07:30 PM) *

sounds like a good plan - i will pm DEGREE - and meet up with you'all

jim

--

QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 16 2008, 07:45 AM) *

Or if you don't get Degree, grab me in Annapolis...I'm not sure my car will be ready by then! headbang.gif

Anyone else coming through Baltimore or Annapolis?
type47
QUOTE(atomix8 @ Aug 18 2008, 08:11 AM) *

I'm not sure my car will be ready by then! headbang.gif

who says you have to have a 914? come anyway... bring pix biggrin.gif
scottb
it looks like i may be able to get time away to attend this little shin-dig. need to know if we are doing a one day (saturday) or 2 day (sat/sun) gathering. want to make the proper reservations. that KOA is looking pretty good!!!

cheers,

scott
type47
as far as i know, one day. but that may be modified by ken's beverages.....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scottb @ Aug 18 2008, 01:07 PM) *

it looks like i may be able to get time away to attend this little shin-dig. need to know if we are doing a one day (saturday) or 2 day (sat/sun) gathering. want to make the proper reservations. that KOA is looking pretty good!!!

cheers,

scott

Party on Saturday, camp over (or Ramada Ranger) and drive home Sunday.

Zach
zymurgist
Hotels may be available. UVa plays away at Duke that weekend.
ws91420
Slackin had said camping may be available at the event site so you can stumble to your tent
zymurgist
I gave up on sleeping in tents as soon as I got a job and could afford a hotel room. wink.gif
angerosa
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 16 2008, 10:45 AM) *

Yes - I agree. I've seen 95 South stopped on Saturdays. 66 West to 29 South is the way to go and nicer scenery.

From the junction of 495 and 95 South, 66W is only about 8 miles away and it should be a fast 8 miles.
ws91420
Bump to the front page
zymurgist
How close does the event have to be to get it nailed to the top of the page?
jimkelly
per well known and respected admin - nailing is no longer done.

we will need to keep it high ourselves

jim
slackin' at work
it's getting close!!
sorry I haven't been around the forum too much lately. been super-busy.

it's going to be a great time. the only possible bummer is we haven't had ANY rain in like 6 weeks and things aren't quite as green as I'd like. we're probably going to have a burn-ban in place soon if we don't get any rain. so more than likely we won't be able to have a big-ol-bon fire. that just means we will need to drink more. beerchug.gif

the leaves won't be changing down here then. we're a few weeks early. mid october is the best leaf-time. if you want to see some views anyway, skyline drive is about 40 minutes from here. If you're carb'd, make sure your carbs are tuned, because the highway to get to the parkway likes to eat little aircooled 4-cylinders for lunch.

we have plenty of room in the field for people to put up a tent saturday night. we just purchased the surounding 21 acres so now we can fit about 3000 914s... so the more-the-merrier.

there are plenty of hotels in charlottesville. from cheap to 5-stars depending on what you want. downtown charlottesville is a great place and is about 9 miles away... so everything is pretty convenient. it's good UVA doesn't have a home game or else I think my field would be the last option in town.

traveling from points north, I would also suggest taking US 29. 95 can be a little tricky especially in a 914. plus it's not that much longer to cut over to 29south via 66west.

anyway, can't wait to meet all of you who are coming. should be a blast!
-chris
bye1.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 21 2008, 11:21 AM) *

I don't want to live in a world where I can't get nailed.

oh wait, I already do
ws91420
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 21 2008, 05:40 PM) *

oh wait, I already do

Sounds like a personal problem to me. sheeplove.gif av-943.gif sparetimetoys.gif threesome.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 21 2008, 05:40 PM) *

oh wait, I already do

Just remember, its always better to give then to receive.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.