Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

OK, the date Sept.27 & 28 , Right? And who do I Pay Pal Money to, E-Mail please. Dave slap.gif
I think I am post # 200?????

Edit: Who is colleting money for T-Shirts???
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Aug 21 2008, 06:15 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

OK, the date Sept.27 & 28 , Right? And who do I Pay Pal Money to, E-Mail please. Dave slap.gif
I think I am post # 200?????

Edit: Who is colleting money for T-Shirts???

Don't pay pal donations. Buy raffle tickets on site.

T-shirts will go on sale the instant that Rick gets me pricing info.

Zach
plas76targa
Hey Baltimore - Washington - and anyone further North: want to meet up somewhere to caravan down there? Leesburg would be an idea. "Type47" and "Root", any ideas where to meet?

Skyline Craw might be fun but it's not in the direct route.. maybe some other time.
ws91420
Matt a good place to meet in Leesburg would be in the Safeway parking lot. There is a Roy Rodgers there and is right on RT 15 on the south side of town.
slackin' at work
I was asked about cheap (but clean) hotels nearby.

there are 2 hotels right off rt64 and conveniently located about 6 miles away from my house. on the same road even, so it's a straight shot out.

they are directly across the street from each other on 5th street so either one is fine.

Sleep inn
Holiday Inn

we had friends stay at both when we got married and there were no complaints.
I think the sleep inn is newer and is the cheaper of the two.

aktion035.gif
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Aug 22 2008, 09:34 AM) *

I was asked about cheap (but clean) hotels nearby.

there are 2 hotels right off rt64 and conveniently located about 6 miles away from my house. on the same road even, so it's a straight shot out.

they are directly across the street from each other on 5th street so either one is fine.

Sleep inn
Holiday Inn

we had friends stay at both when we got married and there were no complaints.
I think the sleep inn is newer and is the cheaper of the two.

aktion035.gif

So are you south of 64 on the 5th street exit? That'll be easy to get to.

-Mike
root
Got to stay in a hotel, according to Susan! mad.gif

Just called Sleep Inn, talked to Drew and got a suite for $139.99 for Saturday night
Sept. 27th.

According to Drew there are only smokin' smoke.gif rooms left at Sleep Inn.
Regular smokin' smoke.gif rooms are $129.99 ouch!

I'll be bringing, Susan, $ for raffle's, and 2-clutch alignment tools for raffling!
Kyle may show on biker.gif as well!

Matt! Best caravan meet point for me is Gilbert's Corner intersection of Rt. 50 and Rt. 15. Do you know it?

I'll bring at least 2 of these for raffling-Click to view attachment
mack914-6
I'm looking for cheap. How far is the Fairfield Inn on Blanchlands blvd from your location? It's $59 a night. biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mack 9146:
And everyone else interested. thru Price Line

Super 8, 390 Greenbrier Dr. 8 mile s from site $65.00 a day. macks is better

Just thought I would give you all a heads up Dave slap.gif
mack914-6
Just checked on the Fairfield Inn and that $59 price is for Feb 29. The weekend of Sept 27-28 it's $129 a night. Dave I will check with the super *.
Mack
root

drunk.gif

The proceeds for the alignment tool raffle will go towards ECC cost. biggrin.gif

Also:
FREE WELDING SERVICE TO ANYONE ATTENDING ECC welder.gif

If you have something you need welded before ECC..... PM me!
If you send it to me I can weld it up and deliver it to you at ECC on the 27th.
Can weld steel, aluminum, magnesium, copper, stainless, you name it! welder.gif
slackin' at work
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Aug 22 2008, 09:45 AM) *

So are you south of 64 on the 5th street exit? That'll be easy to get to.
-Mike

yes, Im 6.25 miles south on 5th street from 64. easy-peaszy.
5th street turns into old lynchburg road.

the road starts off 4 lanes (2 each way) with a grass median... then gets narrower as you head out from town. going to double yellow line, then down to no line and narrow. PLEASE everyone mind your side of the road. it's a windy road and us locals tend to haul a$$ down it. it's a little hairy for the un-initiated. you Autox guys will feel right at home. driving.gif

as far as hotels... remember, the days of $20/night is over. I think ~130, especially for a saturday night, is a decent deal.
Rick L
I'm working on the final details on the shirts. We're going with the "work" style shirt. The back will be silk screened with the logo. We may also have the option of embroidery on the front for your name or username. I'll post pictures as soon as can find a picture of the shirt we want.

Where is a picture of the shirt from the other Ramble that we discussed earlier?
Searching through 12 pages is killing me!

angerosa
QUOTE(root @ Aug 22 2008, 11:53 AM) *

Got to stay in a hotel, according to Susan! mad.gif

Just called Sleep Inn, talked to Drew and got a suite for $139.99 for Saturday night
Sept. 27th.

According to Drew there are only smokin' smoke.gif rooms left at Sleep Inn.
Regular smokin' smoke.gif rooms are $129.99 ouch!

I'll be bringing, Susan, $ for raffle's, and 2-clutch alignment tools for raffling!
Kyle may show on biker.gif as well!

Matt! Best caravan meet point for me is Gilbert's Corner intersection of Rt. 50 and Rt. 15. Do you know it?

I'll bring at least 2 of these for raffling-Click to view attachment

Gilberts Corner intersection of Rt 50 and 15 is the best place to meet. There are some of us who would be backtracking slightly if we were to meet in Leesburg. I second this caravan meeting location. Does anyone know the area? Is there McDonald's or something out there where we can grab a coffee and assemble in their parking lot while we wait for everyone to get there?

Hey - I just realized I've been a member for 1 year as of yesterday!
ws91420
Nope nothing nada little bit further down where 15 crosses 66 there is a Sheetz.
angerosa
Any NOVA people want to suggest a place right off of 66 to meet with lots of parking space and maybe somewhere to use a restroom and get a coffee? What about Fair lakes shopping area? Is that Sheetz right off 66 on rt15?
angerosa
Any NOVA people want to suggest a place right off of 66 to meet with lots of parking space and maybe somewhere to use a restroom and get a coffee? What about Fair lakes shopping area? Is that Sheetz right off 66 on rt15?
ws91420
Yes the Sheetz is right on 15 near Haymarket before you cross the train tracks in your heading south on 15 it is on the left hand side. Stopped there a many a time. It is near 66 and 55.
ws91420
Don't know how to put the map on here but here is a link
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Sheetz&a...&id=2508014
ws91420
Okay got a pic of the map
Click to view attachment
okieflyr
We reserved a kabin at the KOA 1 mile from Slackin's place 50.00 a night.
Sorta camping except with heat/ac. My wife Leesa loves to camp, but insists on a shower.....
mack914-6
Tell me more about the KOA cabin. Price seems right. More info would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mack
plas76targa
Sounds like we have multiple points along rt 15 where we can meet to "increase" the caravan. Should I start a separate post?

Welby, I'm familiar with where 15 crosses 66, was just there last weekend with my twin sons for a cub scouting weekend.
mack914-6
We can talk caravans, KOA camping, whatever it takes to keep us at the top/.././. aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 22 2008, 09:49 PM) *

Sounds like we have multiple points along rt 15 where we can meet to "increase" the caravan. Should I start a separate post?

Welby, I'm familiar with where 15 crosses 66, was just there last weekend with my twin sons for a cub scouting weekend.

Let me know when you are heading out. if I take the Jeep, I'm going to go via 15 as it is slower, and I'd like to have the security of a convoy in case it does not make it.

Zach
okieflyr
QUOTE(mack914-6 @ Aug 22 2008, 10:24 PM) *

Tell me more about the KOA cabin. Price seems right. More info would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mack

The cabin rental requires a two night minimum stay, so depending on your travel plans......
http://www.koa.com/where/va/46103/
VaccaRabite
ECC shirt sales are now active. Buy early, buy often.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87296

Zach
slackin' at work
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Aug 22 2008, 09:47 PM) *

We reserved a kabin at the KOA 1 mile from Slackin's place 50.00 a night.
Sorta camping except with heat/ac. My wife Leesa loves to camp, but insists on a shower.....

cool. That is right around the corner.
if you yelled I would here it... not really... but it is close.

now everyone go get an official ecc shirt. they're rad!
plas76targa
Zach, Not sure yet what my departure time from Frederick will be .. It's just over an hour from me to the Rte 66 & 15 location that Welby mentioned. And Leesburg is barely 30 minutes before that. It's about 3 hours from Frederick to Charlottesville.. with Leesburg, Haymarket (rt66 & 15), Warrenton, and Culpepper as 'big' cities to pass through, i.e. meeting points??

Let's be sure to coordinate, I'll be glad to caravan with you for safety.
stepuptotheMike
Is anybody coming up from the south besides me?

-Mike
ws91420
I will be coming across from the Richmond area.
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 22 2008, 06:49 PM) *

maybe it would be best to post all info on one thread so others would more easily see other's plans.

Rick L
Bumpity, icon_bump.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 23 2008, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 22 2008, 06:49 PM) *

maybe it would be best to post all info on one thread so others would more easily see other's plans.

agree.gif so here it is:

ECC - Caravans
scotty b
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 23 2008, 02:16 PM) *

If you 2 want to meet up near Richmond let me know. Otherwise I'm going to take the back roads to 64. From my house that would be 7-11 to 522 to 64, not real sure what the exit number is but it puts meon 64 abut 50 miles out of C'ville confused24.gif
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 25 2008, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 23 2008, 02:16 PM) *

If you 2 want to meet up near Richmond let me know. Otherwise I'm going to take the back roads to 64. From my house that would be 7-11 to 522 to 64, not real sure what the exit number is but it puts meon 64 abut 50 miles out of C'ville confused24.gif

That's the Gum Spring exit. There's a Dairy Queen at that exit.

-Mike
scotty b
[quote name='stepuptotheMike' date='Aug 25 2008, 05:14 PM' post='1071272']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 25 2008, 09:02 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='ws91420' post='1070527' date='Aug 23 2008, 02:16 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the Gum Spring exit. There's a Dairy Queen at that exit.

-Mike
[/quote]

idea.gif Yup, the Dairy Queen exit, that's what I call it laugh.gif we can meet there if you guys want to come that way
stepuptotheMike
Sounds good to me. Just have to name the time. I'll be coming from my father's house in the west end, so I'll just jump on 64 and can be there pretty much any time.

-Mike
ws91420
Name the time and place and we can meet up
okieflyr
Bump'n this event page, and asking what time the festivities are to start on Saturday... : aktion035.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif
root
ECC is One Month Away Today! driving.gif drunk.gif
zymurgist
Missing this get-together would be...

wait for it...

retarded. happy11.gif
jimkelly
2) Would people be willing to put a little money in the till for the party? Not much - like $5 or $10 to help the planners offset the costs?

i am in for $10 - to what paypal ?????

jim kelly - aka: jim kelly - aka: !@#$ %^&*

btw - this is how i remember ecc2007 : )
type47
yea, donation and bring a dish/drink/paper products

(but i don't remember the Hawaiian Tropic backwards on the bikini tops ... and i tried to get REALLY close to read them!)
okieflyr
But I told her if she was going to sit on my lap for the picture, she'd better bring the gaitors, cause my wife will think sump'ns going on!

Just tell me where to send, and I'll get it fowarded. Thanks guys!
slackin' at work
UPDATE:
we got about 3" of rain in the last 48 hours. things are green again!

hopefully we can keep this up for another month so we can have a nice bonfire!

VaccaRabite
I am pretty sure things are going to be wet for the next week or so at least, due to tropical storms tracking up the coast.

Zach
angerosa
OMG - You guys had Beyonce there?

And - I've offered money too but have been told just to bring money for raffles. I'll bring food, wine, other stuff and money for raffles or contribute to the cause. Whatever is needed.
MikeSpraggi
I'll bring money, guns and lawyers ....... oh wait, that's another gathering.
Then I'll bring money and a dish .. errr... I mean food and a friend from work who's interested in Porsches ...... she's just a co-worker and yes, she and the wife know each other!
plas76targa
Jim - awesome photoshop! av-943.gif when I saw it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.