Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
scotty b
[quote name='stepuptotheMike' date='Sep 21 2008, 10:17 AM' post='1082265']
poke.gif cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 21 2008, 12:04 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='stepuptotheMike' post='1082226' date='Sep 21 2008, 07:54 AM']
it's gorgeous down here in Charlotte this weekend. Hope it sticks through to next weekend.
[/quote]

Mike could you PM me your # just in case someting happens to the 944 in route to our meet. It's been doing fine for 2 months now but I'm still a little cautious unsure.gif

Do you still have mine ?
[/quote]

PM sent.....

So, let me get this straight.....I'm driving a 914, 350 miles... and you're wondering if the 944 will make it 25 poke.gif have you put the GT flairs on it yet? biggrin.gif

I did talk the wife into following me in the 914 recovery vehicle. So that gives me a little bit higher comfort level.

-Mike
[/quote]

bye1.gif Wanna race ??? rolleyes.gif I am always leary of out of town trips in somehting I don't drive regulary. Doesn't maater how much I have done to it, I just am.
okieflyr
Leesa and I are going down on Friday. We're going to check out Monticello, do some dinner, and make a weekend of it. We will be staying in a KOA Kabin about a mile away. grouphug.gif
plas76targa
Mike, I think I found a source for a video for your BP thread blink.gif

(JK Mr Barnes)
evan
Hey all,
Dr E, Plas (Matt), Jim, Ken, all!!! I have been out of the loop and just finished reading 18 pages of blog. whewwwww. Been busy at work and outta sorts. Looking forward to a great time. Test drove the Frijolito to PA last saturday and well, it ran! Would like to caravan down with the northern group. Hey Matt & Dr E, wanna meet in G'burg or give me a call when you all hit the road. I can wait on 270 or let me know your route plans. Hey Rick L, any t-shirts avail ?
Matt email or call me --- ekatz2@verizon.net 202-262-1344
evan
plas76targa
Evan, you have a PM..

we're taking 340/15 West to 15 south.. I suggest you take White's Ferry over to VA, and wait for us near Luckette's.

QUOTE(evan @ Sep 22 2008, 03:39 PM) *

Hey all,
Dr E, Plas (Matt), Jim, Ken, all!!! I have been out of the loop and just finished reading 18 pages of blog. whewwwww. Been busy at work and outta sorts. Looking forward to a great time. Test drove the Frijolito to PA last saturday and well, it ran! Would like to caravan down with the northern group. Hey Matt & Dr E, wanna meet in G'burg or give me a call when you all hit the road. I can wait on 270 or let me know your route plans. Hey Rick L, any t-shirts avail ?
evan
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(evan @ Sep 22 2008, 06:39 PM) *

Hey all,
evan

Hey Evan,

Shirt sales were a short term deal this year. we took a bath on them last year, and this year needed to make sure that we covered costs.

Link to the caravans can be found on my sig.

People can show around 1ish or 2ish, food gets there ~3.

You can stay the night on site in a tent, or find a room at a local hotel - though you will have to do a little footwork (err, google work) to find whats closest.

Address to the site is in bold on page 1 post 1 of this thread.

I'll see you there Saturday!

Zach
Dr Evil
New snag on the tunes, Scotty has resolved to taking his 944 so he has no room for his drums. Is there anyone that can swing by and pick them up and then drop them off afterward?

If no one can pick them up and drop them off, we have no drums sad.gif

They are in Moseley, VA
VaccaRabite
Hey Scotty,

I'd come down Friday and throw your drums in either the Prius or the Scoob, but Erin reminded me that I have to be home friday night to listen to the house contractor. I'll see if I can get the go ahead to come down later Fri night if that is cool with you - but no promises.

Can anyone else closer step up?

Zach
VaccaRabite
ECC carb help?

if I bought my carbs and linkage to the ECC, along with my syncrometer, would someone there be able to bolt them to thier engine and help me get them balanced? Webber 44s are what I have. I am having difficulties getting them in order.

Zach
slackin' at work
update:
due to the tent company's scheduling... the tent is going up right now. piratenanner.gif

I'll try to get pix when they're done putting it up.

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Is this a repeat of last yr. I have been flat on my back in since Sun., back

surgery was scheduled for 22 Oct. Doc. says this Fri. A.M.. Really pissed but

what the hell, i could have maybe made it there on a litter. DoC. could of had a

clinic on back surgery? You guys have a great time ,tip a few for me. And

whoever is in charge of the T-Shirts after this Week end E-Maiol me and I'll send

shipping via Pat Pal. And one last thing, I need More Cow BeLL.

Pissed Off Dave pissoff.gif
type47
I have it on good authority that there is a Harris Teeter store at the intersection of rt 15 and 29 that is easily seen/can't miss from either road, 15 or 29. that should have a big enough parking lot to gather the troops. How about meeting there? 11?
root
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 24 2008, 06:15 AM) *

I have it on good authority that there is a Harris Teeter store at the intersection of rt 15 and 29 that is easily seen/can't miss from either road, 15 or 29. that should have a big enough parking lot to gather the troops. How about meeting there? 11?

Blackie and I will be there driving.gif !
jimkelly
we can syncronize our walkie talkies from there then.

speed - can we all stay at no more than 5 over the speed limit and in single file - for photo and video ops. i plan to use my co polit to get some photos of us on the road - action photos - birds welcomed : ) - pickin nose not : )
angerosa
OK - No one is saying it... Chance of precip only 40% on Saturday so maybe it will rain early and then be gone, Sunday looks gorgeous!Weekend Weather Charlottesville

I'll be at the Harris Teeter at 11:00 on Saturday.

type47
QUOTE(angerosa @ Sep 24 2008, 08:52 AM) *

OK - No one is saying it... Chance of precip only 40% on Saturday so

shhhhh. hoping the rain is at least only a drizzle when i leave the house about 10:40 to pick up root..... my wipers hardly work! ....and my roof leaks! ... and my car rusts out at the thought of water so i don't wash it..... but my tires have alot of tread... biggrin.gif
angerosa
Deleted be cause post was extraneous info and just me rambling.
angerosa
After much research on the painfully slow internet here at work during lunch time...

The store is actually a Bloom Grocery store. Bloom is Food Lion's upscale store.

Here's store website with map:

Bloom on corner of 66 and 15 (really 15 and 55)

The address is the same:

15201 Washington St, Haymarket, VA

See everyone there at 11 am on Saturday.

Now let's talk phone trees...

(DAMN - I thought I was posting in the ECC caravans thread)
type47
careful, you're at the intersection of 15 and 55 near 66 in Haymarket. We want further on down the road to the intersection of 15 and 29. if you're on the Bloom link, zoom out and go south on 15 until the intersection of 15 and 29.
angerosa
You know what Jim, you're right (I edited my previous post) but I'm sticking to my suggestion. It's right off 66 for the NoVa and beltway contingent. It's right off rt 15 for the Frederick and points North contingent. Grocery stores have big parking lots, bathrooms and food. There might be 20 vehicles. I'm sticking with this suggestion. I don't see anything at the corner of 29 and 15. This spot is probably not two miles from there. No one has to back track. What do you think?

And there's a Sheetz right next to it in the same plaza parking lot!
type47
i'm OK with any meeting place that everybody knows about. to get to 15 and 29, my actual route would be 66W (slight detour on 50W to get root), get back on 66W then past the gainesville exit (to avoid traffic in that area, traffic lights, etc) to the rt 15 exit, then south on 15 to 15 and 29. I can just as easily go N on 15 to Blooms and Sheetz.

executive decision time?
jimkelly
15/29
Dr Evil
15/29 = .51724...?
firstknight13
biggrin.gif roll call......sean and i will be there. driving.gif
okieflyr
..... my wipers hardly work! ....and my roof leaks! ... and my car rusts out at the thought of water so i don't wash it..... but my tires have alot of tread... biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Jim, I think you've described most of our cars coming out to this event. I'll add the fogged up windows to list as well. This will be my first roadtrip out into the rain in a 914 in about 23 years. Somehow I don't expect it to improve except for the Rainex inside and out. If my electronics stay dry enough, I'll be happy. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Sooo, I spoke with the king of boom, Scotty B and we have figured out some things for the drums. Since I will be staying at Matt's house in Frederick, MD on Fri night I will have 2 hours shaved off of my trip. As such, MapQuest says I can make it to Scotty's and then to the site in a little over 4 hours which is doable.

HOWEVER, if one of you mooks lives closer (Welby, others) speak up so we can save some Co2. I will get the damn drums if no one else can. Zach offered as well, but I am skeptical that it would be a good idea for him.

I dont know when I will leave Matt's, nor where I will meet up if at all to caravan. I will be driving the VUE so its not like I will be missed from the pics.

So, anyone willing to take a small detour to Moselsy, VA to get the drums so we can have some fun?
ws91420
I will have my Aztek and camping gear and the family. How much are we talking about?
Dr Evil
Not sure how to explain it. I will have several guitars and a largish amp. You can always dump some of your camping gear into Scotty's 944. I will be doing that if I pick his stuff up. If you can PM him and see if it is feasible that would be AWESOME! I bet it will work if you do the swap of cargo.
plas76targa
THE Frederick caravan will start at 10:00 am sharp. Who's coming here first? I haven't heard From anyone yet. You can come to my house before 10 or meet us at the Beckley's Country store - at the Willow Road exit on Rt 15 south.

We'll leave Frederick and stay on 15 south all the way to the 15/29 intersection.

Jim, I'll pm my phone number to you.

And HOORAY, I repaced the fuel pump tonight and the car started. I'll drop it off the blocks tomorrow and test drive it. Cross yer fingers!

Dr Evil
Dude, you fixed your own car!? Glory hallelujah! poke.gif

I will have to leave at 8am if I am to keep up with the group after leaving Scotty's. Still waiting to see if someone closer will step up to the plate. If I leave at 8, I will bet Heidi and Noel will need a ride at 10 since they will not be waking up wink.gif (narcoleptics)
angerosa
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 24 2008, 05:24 PM) *

i'm OK with any meeting place that everybody knows about. to get to 15 and 29, my actual route would be 66W (slight detour on 50W to get root), get back on 66W then past the gainesville exit (to avoid traffic in that area, traffic lights, etc) to the rt 15 exit, then south on 15 to 15 and 29. I can just as easily go N on 15 to Blooms and Sheetz.

executive decision time?

Just to make this clear....
I'm proposing we meet at a big grocery store parking lot with a gas station at the junction of two major roads where everyone coming from the North and East will have to go past. THERE IS NO BACKTRACKING. You don't have to get off 66 and go North and then go back South. You just get off 66 and go South and Bloom is right there off 15. There is no North to Blooms and Sheetz.

If everyone is looking at maps and thinking they are going to get off 66 at rt29 and come down 29 to the meeting place think again. Read type47's post up above. type47, root and I live really close to the meeting place, you don't want to get off 66 at 29 and take 29 down to the meeting place. There's million lights and busy traffic through Gainsville. You want to keep going on 66 and get off on rt15 and go south whatever meeting place we choose.

Have I convinced anyone yet? Or does everyone still want to meet two miles further South down route 15 in the middle of nowhere where there is nothing and no place to park but on the side of busy rt 29 so we can have 18 wheelers drive by and kick up rocks on our cars? (I just had a truck throw a rock up and put a nice size chip in my bumper on the DC beltway last week)
See nothing here
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 24 2008, 08:57 PM) *

THE Frederick caravan will start at 10:00 am sharp. Who's coming here first? I haven't heard From anyone yet. You can come to my house before 10 or meet us at the Beckley's Country store - at the Willow Road exit on Rt 15 south.

We'll leave Frederick and stay on 15 south all the way to the 15/29 intersection.

Jim, I'll pm my phone number to you.

And HOORAY, I repaced the fuel pump tonight and the car started. I'll drop it off the blocks tomorrow and test drive it. Cross yer fingers!

Matt, I will be at Beckley's Country Store at 10 AM. Anyone else going to join us there?
jimkelly
where is the NoVa contigent meeting at ?????????????????????????????

and at what time ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

confused24.gif

btw - chance of precip has dropped from yesterday 70% to 50% today.
root
Did you miss Jason's Post? It's a couple of posts before yours dude!

Here it is again!

Just to make this clear....
I'm proposing we meet at a big grocery store parking lot with a gas station at the junction of two major roads where everyone coming from the North and East will have to go past. THERE IS NO BACKTRACKING. You don't have to get off 66 and go North and then go back South. You just get off 66 and go South and Bloom is right there off 15. There is no North to Blooms and Sheetz.

If everyone is looking at maps and thinking they are going to get off 66 at rt29 and come down 29 to the meeting place think again. Read type47's post up above. type47, root and I live really close to the meeting place, you don't want to get off 66 at 29 and take 29 down to the meeting place. There's million lights and busy traffic through Gainsville. You want to keep going on 66 and get off on rt15 and go south whatever meeting place we choose.

Have I convinced anyone yet? Or does everyone still want to meet two miles further South down route 15 in the middle of nowhere where there is nothing and no place to park but on the side of busy rt 29 so we can have 18 wheelers drive by and kick up rocks on our cars? (I just had a truck throw a rock up and put a nice size chip in my bumper on the DC beltway last week)
See nothing here

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 25 2008, 04:28 AM) *

where is the NoVa contigent meeting at ?????????????????????????????

and at what time ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

confused24.gif

btw - chance of precip has dropped from yesterday 70% to 50% today.

plas76targa
Mike Spraggi (sp?) - see you a Beckley's just before 10 - or come a bit early to my place if you want. I'm only a mile and half west of there. Willow to Willowbrooke (left), to Opposumtown (right), half mile to Meadowbrooke (left), bear right, .. you'll see the 914 or I'll hear you (check picture on first post).

Dr Evil - I can take either Noel or Heidi with me, if some one (Mike S, above?) can take the other.

Zach - are you planning on coming to Frederick first? You bringing any body witchu?
root
Is this correct now for VA 914'S

We meet at 11AM.... on 15 South, just south of Rt66, on the right at BLOOM's. driving.gif

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 24 2008, 11:08 PM) *

If I leave at 8, I will bet Heidi and Noel will need a ride at 10 since they will not be waking up wink.gif (narcoleptics)

I am currently planning to be at Matts by 10am for the kickoff Sat. morning. If Noel and Heidi don't have rides, they are welcome to come with me. I'll either be in the scoob or the prius.

Getting to Scotty's friday night is not going to work for me. Theo is coming off an ear infection and I want to be home Friday night in case Erin needs assistance with the little guy.

Zach
slackin' at work
I just wanted to say that this is a rain-or-shine event.

we have a big tent here in case of rain.
they are calling for 50% of "light rain showers" throughout the day, which isn't bad.

we have tables and chairs and plenty of room for "the band".

be there or be square!
beerchug.gif

angerosa
QUOTE(root @ Sep 25 2008, 09:03 AM) *

Is this correct now for VA 914'S

We meet at 11AM.... on 15 South, just south of Rt66, on the right at BLOOM's. driving.gif

YES
11:00 am
NoVa and other caravans from North and East

Except it's on the left I believe. Heading on 15 S, just south of 66, on the LEFT(east of 15) at Bloom's.

11:00 am rendezvous spot

type47
works for me. i'll probably be following root as he has a 1.7 and i have a measly 1.8 biggrin.gif really looking forward to this. we can all do a Woodstock 1969 cheer; NO RAIN, NO RAIN! maybe Jimi will part the clouds for us from up in heaven.
type47
QUOTE(root @ Sep 25 2008, 05:00 AM) *

THERE IS NO BACKTRACKING. You don't have to get off 66 and go North and then go back South.

DOH! my map error

two miles further South down route 15 in the middle of nowhere

we'll see if the satellite photo is out of date when we drive by saturday

Bloom at 11:00
MikeSpraggi
Matt, I will have a co-worker coming with me, so no available seat. PM me your address. Perhaps I can meet you at your house. My co-workier lives off of Opposumtown Pike. near Willowbrooke (next to the Catholic Church/scool). Mike Spraggins
Dr Evil
If I dont get confirmation of someone else going to Scotty's, I will be doing it and Zach may need to pick up the ladies if they dont want to get up early. sad.gif

Must have drums.
atomix8
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 24 2008, 01:57 PM) *

shhhhh. hoping the rain is at least only a drizzle when i leave the house about 10:40 to pick up root..... my wipers hardly work! ....and my roof leaks! ... and my car rusts out at the thought of water so i don't wash it..... but my tires have alot of tread... biggrin.gif

914's come with wipers and roofs?
laugh.gif
slackin' at work
update:

beer is here.
beer fridge in workshop is full (and the house fridge too) beer3.gif
I ended up going with bottles over a keg. mainly for a better selection to offer.
Dr Evil
Is there power to the tent? I have a 100' extension cord if need be. smile.gif
stepuptotheMike
Anybody else dealing with a gas shortage? None of the stations here in Charlotte seem to have fuel. People are lined up all over the place and fighting each other to fill up their gas cans.

-Mike
angerosa
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Sep 25 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Anybody else dealing with a gas shortage? None of the stations here in Charlotte seem to have fuel. People are lined up all over the place and fighting each other to fill up their gas cans.

-Mike

No that's wierd!
Dr Evil
NC also had the $5 gas recently, didnt they? What is up with your state, man?

Gas here is $3.45-50 and plentiful confused24.gif
stepuptotheMike
it started the thursday before Ike hit houston. Everybody and their brother wigged out and made a run on the stations because there was a rumor going around that gas was going to jump to $5/gal. It was at about $3.60 where I live just across the border in South Carolina. Well everybody cleaned out the stations and sure enough the price shot up through the roof. Ever since then, the stations have been struggling to keep up with everybody. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Last night everybody started another run on the pumps and this morning was a mad house of everybody trying to get every last drop they could. All the stations around me are out of gas.

I hear that Atlanta is out of gas and that Nashville had a run on the pumps due to nothing but rumored shortage. When everybody decided they need it all of a sudden, they bring the gas cans too.

-Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.