Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
jd74914
Wow . . . Very nice! biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Club too. smile.gif
Jon Pletcher
Thanks jd but its not all that nice, faces north and in the winter snow (read ice) stays on the drive forever. We keep old suv's w/ the metal chains to ferry up and down. On the Cookout, I didn't mean to jump into you guys regular party, and hope to meet some of you at the Hershey Swap. Any place to get together w/ Porsche keepers is a good place to me. But if it worked out that you folks wanted to use our place, please feel welcome.
type47
hmmmm. the dillsburg location looks nice. maybe the ECC schedule could include a side trip to Aircooled .... Racing(?) . steve lamberts shop.....
VaccaRabite
The location for the 2008 ECC has been chosen, and will be at Slack'n At Works farm.

Dillsburg would be a good point for 2009 - especially since it is a hop-skip-and a jump away from where I live. It would also bring the ECC back north of the Mason-Dixon after three years south of it.

By the end of this week i want to have the date finalized.

since thre are two different MidA Drivers Ed meets, and a competing MidA show on Sept 13, I have asked Slack'n if Sept 27th will work. I am waiting to hear back from him now.

I guess I am planning this puppy after all. I need to hide the veggie peeler.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Okay, we have a confirm that the 27th of Sept (and 28th for campers) works for the host.

This will clear the All Aircooled Gathering on the 20th, The DE at Pocono on the 13th, the DE in Jersey on the 13th and ScottyB's show on the 13th.

We are arranging sponsorship, and so we need this date to be nailed ASAP. If there is something that conflicts the planners need to know about it. On Friday (2/22), unless there is something significant that we have overlooked, the 27th will become the official date.

Zach
JmuRiz
Wow, that driveway would be great to have...it's only about 2 hours from Arlington also!
Pat Garvey
The date (9/27) works great! The Parade & all the other major CW things will be done by then. I'll be there with the 14!

Willing to kick some bucks in to help - LMK.
Pat
Dr Evil
I hope I can make it....still no schedule for year 4 dry.gif

I'll be a sponsor!
Nick
27th is great for me. I should have been back in the country for 12 days. Enough time to get the teener fired up. It will be weird driving on paved roads . . .

Nick
VaccaRabite
We are trying to get some sponsorship from local area businesess so that we don't have to ask for money from the members.

Zach
stepuptotheMike

IPB Image
pic stolen from the ECC 2007 thread

Zach

Hey... I took that picture drunk.gif

Lovin the location this year as it will save me a couple of hours of driving. I can stay at my father's house in Richmond or might camp out.

Looking forward to it already!

-Mike
slackin' at work
as far as camping... there are 2 options.
1. you can throw up a tent in my field... for the die-hard campers
2. we have a KOA campsite about .5 miles down the road for the wussies.
VaccaRabite
<camper snob> I would NEVER consider a KOA site to be hard core camping. Pitching a tent by the car is way more hardcore. </camper snob>

Hey, bitch'n, we have a ECC banner ad!
IPB Image

Whoever did that, THANKS!

Zach
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 20 2008, 08:47 AM) *

<camper snob> I would NEVER consider a KOA site to be hard core camping. Pitching a tent by the car is way more hardcore. </camper snob>

FIXED IT FOR YOU! biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Depending on how much I drink, I may throw up a tent, a spleen and a liver wink.gif
jd74914
Hmm . . . Its an 8hr drive one way . . . but the chance to see dozens of 914s and meet the people on here. Sounds good. And my girlfriend goes to school at almost exactly the half way point. I wonder if you guys would scare her too much? biggrin.gif
SLKWrx
Oh my goodness.. I just realized that if I'm working at the right pace... I'll actually be able to entertain the thought of driving a 914 to a 914 event!

Are there tow trucks between here and central Va? I may need a reputable service smile.gif
okieflyr
Since there are several of us traveling on the I-95 corridor, we may be able to plan a caravan as we get closer.
Oh, and my wife definitly wants to camp, unless it's raining....
scotty b
Depending on how much I drink I may throw up in my tent beer3.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

Mike, Jon, Dan wnna try and get an actual setlist toether this time. Or will everyone be driving a tiny car this year ? aktion035.gif I'm planning on bringing the 944, won't be very pretty but it will be a bit more worthy than the Vulva
MikeSpraggi
The 27th is a good date for me. I should be there barring some creature like in Cloverfield doesn't go stomping around central Virginia. Let me know if you get a caravan together. I live really close to I95 right outside of Wash., D.C..... would like to tag along.
BarberDave
slap.gif

27 th good here too. If i am still alive! Zach, is there a Pay Pal acct. to use for money. Dave slap.gif

P.S. See you all at HERSHEY?????
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Feb 21 2008, 05:54 AM) *

slap.gif

27 th good here too. If i am still alive! Zach, is there a Pay Pal acct. to use for money. Dave slap.gif

P.S. See you all at HERSHEY?????

No paypal yet. We are trying to find some corperate sponsorship so that we don't have to ask for money.

As to Hershey, I have my first kid being born sometime right around then, so I am doubtfull that I will be there.

Zach
degreeoff
Yeah Zach, after that dealEo you will be on her SHIT LIST for a while......LOL best thing that'll ever happen to you my man. POST MORE PICS OF YOUR CAR DUDE!
type47
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 20 2008, 04:57 PM) *

Mike, Jon, Dan wnna try and get an actual setlist toether this time.

music? i'd like to get in on this.....
Dr Evil
[quote name='type47' date='Feb 21 2008, 12:10 PM' post='1000460']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 20 2008, 04:57 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Mike, Jon, Dan wnna try and get an actual setlist toether this time. [/quote]

[/quote]

Sure, but I am still unclear of whether massa med school will let Dr. Evil Kintea off of the plantation to play.
BarberDave
slap.gif
Zach:

That's the best reason to miss Hershey I have ever herd.

So make his or her first 914 meet the 2008 ECC.
Dave slap.gif
scotty b
[quote name='Dr Evil' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:47 AM' post='1000476']
[quote name='type47' date='Feb 21 2008, 12:10 PM' post='1000460']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 20 2008, 04:57 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Mike, Jon, Dan wnna try and get an actual setlist toether this time. [/quote]

[/quote]

Sure, but I am still unclear of whether massa med school will let Dr. Evil Kintea off of the plantation to play.
[/quote]

We can still get some idea of songs and if you can't then we won't. Crowd friendly stuff I gues. German related idea.gif Rammstein ?Megaherz? av-943.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 21 2008, 07:37 PM) *

We can still get some idea of songs and if you can't then we won't. Crowd friendly stuff I gues. German related idea.gif Rammstein ?Megaherz? av-943.gif

Ride of the Valkyries?
Dr Evil
I can do Du Hast and Angel. Maybe Fire Frei.

I started working on some originals and polishing up some old ones I wrote. I wish I could program a drum machine so I could multi track them dry.gif Freaking head ache for a guitar/bass player.
VaccaRabite
No one complained. The event is now set for Sept 27 - 28.

Put it on your calenders now.

Zach
JPB
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 20 2008, 07:57 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Depending on how much I drink I may throw up in my tent beer3.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

Mike, Jon, Dan wnna try and get an actual setlist toether this time. Or will everyone be driving a tiny car this year ? aktion035.gif I'm planning on bringing the 944, won't be very pretty but it will be a bit more worthy than the Vulva
[/quote]

Now you talkin broskillet! HELL YA!!! beer.gif

P.S. All tent pitchin should be done prior to darkness, drunkenness, and all activities which involve nakedness.
slackin' at work
QUOTE(JPB @ Feb 27 2008, 04:34 PM) *
All tent pitchin should be done prior to darkness, drunkenness, and all activities which involve nakedness.

OK, now you all have me a bit nervous.
I sure hope my wife is out of town that weekend biggrin.gif

287.gif
jimkelly
music - i missed it last year - and am not ahppy about it - missed out on my fair share of booze too (but this is better than wakeing up covered in SHARPIE art : )

who is manning the cow bell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVbAuMr5eac...feature=related
scotty b
Jim, staying this time you will be....you willlllllllll

zymurgist
Did somebody say cowbell?
Pat Garvey
[quote name='zymurgist' date='Feb 23 2008, 10:58 AM' post='1001291']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 21 2008, 07:37 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

Ride of the Valkyries?
[/quote]
Screw that!

Iron Butterfly -"In a gadda da via", or I won't come. Well, just no Manilow - and I aint kidding about that!

Can anyone dup the riff between Clapton & Robertson in The Last Waltz? Ooh, I'd kill for that!
Pat
Dr Evil
Man, I hope my schedule is clear sad.gif I still dont know.
For music I can bring my guitar, bass, and my 1/4 stack. We will need to remember extension cords (chords) and power strips smile.gif

Seriously, I have figured out Angel and Du Hast if any one wants to do the key boards for them happy11.gif

Scotty, double bass?
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 27 2008, 06:30 PM) *

Man, I hope my schedule is clear sad.gif I still dont know.
For music I can bring my guitar, bass, and my 1/4 stack. We will need to remember extension cords (chords) and power strips smile.gif

Seriously, I have figured out Angel and Du Hast if any one wants to do the key boards for them happy11.gif

Scotty, double bass?

Can do. Whatever I bring will be pretty minimal. Bass, snare high hat is probably all I can fit in the 944. Probably ought to practice somehow ....sometime .....someway
crash914
ok, give me a set list so my kid and I can learn some stuff...

I have already been practicing "In-a-gadda-da-vita"...I still have 17 1/2 minutes to learn...
JPB
List hehehehe!!!

914 Song by aaaah moi
Bill Smith
thanks - last year was fun - I am sorry now that I bugged out early but it Ironic that the bright yellow brother car took my place in the parking lot.

Keep me posted - would throw in what ever you want $$$ wise

Bill
Dr Evil
Aaaaaaaaa Yeaaaaaah! That time frame (27-28) Is perfect for me! It is right at the end of my Family Practice acting internship and right before my easy Radiology rotation. biggrin.gif I am happy today!
VaccaRabite
Excellent dude! Glad to hear it!

Zach
zymurgist
Black Sabbath. N.I.B.

kthxbye
scotty b
Alright guys. IF we are serious about the music lets get some recommendations from the party goers as to what they would like to hear, Mike Jon, Dan, whomever else thinks they can handle our fury, and myself can go through the suggestions and see what is doable. confused24.gif I first need to see how much I can cram in the 944, or Vulva just in case dry.gif
okieflyr
I'm not a big fan of head bangin death metal or rap, but will listen to just about anything else rock,blues some country,alternative. I'm definitely a Cracker fan....

Let's go for a ride! smoke.gif

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I need MORE COW BELL!
Dave slap.gif
JPB
Its on! More cow bell tunes please. beer.gif
VaccaRabite
Out of the shadows, thread! You need some sun!

Zach
Dr Evil
I have been working on a mental set list smile.gif
- Angel - Rammstein
- Tuesdays gone
- Wild horses and other Stones tunes
- Sweet home Abalama, Freebird
- Wish you were here

Artist ideas:
- Hendrix
- Black Sabbath: NIB, Sweet leaf, War Pigs
- Zeppelin
- random freehand blues

Other suggestions?

Who can bring lots of wood for the bond fire?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.