Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 28 2008, 07:54 PM) *

2) Would people be willing to put a little money in the till for the party? Not much - like $5 or $10 to help the planners offset the costs?

i am in for $10 - to what paypal ?????

jim kelly - aka: jim kelly - aka: !@#$ %^&*

btw - this is how i remember ecc2007 : )

When I took that photo... ... man... I don't remmber those bikini chicks biggrin.gif

-Mike
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Aug 29 2008, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 28 2008, 07:54 PM) *

2) Would people be willing to put a little money in the till for the party? Not much - like $5 or $10 to help the planners offset the costs?

i am in for $10 - to what paypal ?????

jim kelly - aka: jim kelly - aka: !@#$ %^&*

btw - this is how i remember ecc2007 : )

When I took that photo... ... man... I don't remmber those bikini chicks biggrin.gif

-Mike

IPB Image

Zach
ws91420
Off pg 2
icon_bump.gif
zymurgist
Jackstand IPA, in the secondary, absorbing some dry hop goodness.

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Woot! beer.gif
Zach
root
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 31 2008, 09:32 AM) *

Jackstand IPA, in the secondary, absorbing some dry hop goodness.

Click to view attachment

If you ever start a school, "Zymurist School of Brewery" I'll be your first recruit!
Until then I intend to remain one of your admiring sampler's! beer3.gif
Nick
three questions

Is there a consensus on what hotel people are going to stay at?

What day are people planning on arriving? Friday night or Saturday morning?

Anyone want to meet in the DC area to convoy down?

Nick
plas76targa
Nick, look through pg 12 or 11, there's a link to a thread on convoy's to ECC. One stop will be Rt 66 and Rt 15 - Haymarket VA. see you there or earlier.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 1 2008, 10:38 AM) *

Nick, look through pg 12 or 11, there's a link to a thread on convoy's to ECC. One stop will be Rt 66 and Rt 15 - Haymarket VA. see you there or earlier.

Bumped it to page 1, and am adding a link to it to my sig file.

Zach
jimkelly
how can i bump this to page 5 ??

biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Still page three for me... smile.gif

Zach
zymurgist
If you go into Options -> Board Settings, you can select how many posts appear on each page. I set mine to 100 (the maximum number allowed).
JmuRiz
Looks like I might be THAT guy this year. Time crunch on concrete work for my shed and garage mud-room will take a priority this year over the cookout sad.gif

This will be my first year missing one, but it will be for the cause of making space so my car will be even better at next years event.

Sorry I have to back-out but concrete work rarely waits for anyone.
See you all hopefully before next years event!!! Maybe even have some of the locals over to see the house/garage improvements.
zymurgist
Good morning everyone! Have some bacon.

OM NOM NOM NOM

icon_bump.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

!!!!!! BACON !!!!!! Vile flesh of the cloven hoof, !!!! Beer!!!! amber

liquid, is the breakfast of the Gods!!!!!!! As it is written so shall it be!!

Your humble servant

Dave slap.gif
zymurgist
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.
type47
icon_bump.gif wanted to bump this but also am pondering a question. isn't this the 6th annual ECC? working backwards

2008->Charlottesville, coming up
2007->Frederick MD at plas76targa
2006->Fairfax Station VA at Babydolls
2005->can't remember sorry
2004->PA at Kerry Herrs
2003->Richmond VA at Kerry Herrs

or is it the 5th annual ECC?

edit: after doing a search, i found posts that had the 2003 Richmond Mid Atlantic Mid Engined Ramble.
zymurgist
Gotta be the 5th. I went to Kerry's in Kennett Square PA and every one since.
ws91420
Found a thread 2005 in PA at Kerrys
Dr Evil
05 was in Kennet Square at Kerry's and was the 1st I attended. I managed to attend everyone since smile.gif
ws91420
2003 in Richmond, VA at va914's house
ws91420
2004 none found don't think one happened that year.
slackin' at work
GRASS IS GREEN! icon_bump.gif

thanks to TS Hanna, the bon fire looks like a go!

beer3.gif
type47
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Sep 7 2008, 08:41 AM) *

beer3.gif

what time are you willin' to start this shindig? earlier in this thread (or was it the caravan thread), someone was planning on arriving at 2:30 pm which for me, is a little late if i want to drive home (2hrs) the same day. (i have to work sunday, but oh, i feel a little ill idea.gif , maybe the good Dr will bring his doctor bag).

... and for that matter, what is the ending time or, how late can we play guns & roses at volume 11?
plas76targa
Jim - good question. I was just swagging on my start time from Frederick of 11 AM

Good Host Of ECC08, loyal subjects want to know when you would welcome our arrival??
slackin' at work
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 7 2008, 04:41 PM) *

what time are you willin' to start this shindig? earlier in this thread (or was it the caravan thread), someone was planning on arriving at 2:30 pm which for me, is a little late if i want to drive home (2hrs) the same day. (i have to work sunday, but oh, i feel a little ill idea.gif , maybe the good Dr will bring his doctor bag).

... and for that matter, what is the ending time or, how late can we play guns & roses at volume 11?

jim, it looks like we'll have grub going at 3pm.
obviously beer will be going much earlier. biggrin.gif

as stated before, people are more than welcome to crash in the field for the evening. (ESPECIALLY if "too" much fun has been had!)

I think volume 11 will go until about 9-10, then the bonfire will probably take over. It seems whenever there is a bonfire, things end up getting mellow... with lots of drunk people staring into the embers. biggrin.gif

so my advise is plan to stay the night and drive right to work the next morning.

beer.gif

-chris

Dr Evil
My bag will likely have Scotch in it smile.gif

I am thinking of heading to a closer destination the Fri night before. I have a test that AM and them I am free. Maybe I'll hit Zachs, Matts, Scottys....its good to have friends smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 7 2008, 09:47 PM) *

My bag will likely have Scotch in it smile.gif

I am thinking of heading to a closer destination the Fri night before. I have a test that AM and them I am free. Maybe I'll hit Zachs, Matts, Scottys....its good to have friends smile.gif

I like the way you think. I'm going to crash at Babydoll's the night before, since I may have to be the driver (yay me).
plas76targa
Mike, or anyone else further north, ya can stay at my place Friday night. Just let me know so I can put more chlorine in the pool biggrin.gif

Hi Root
slackin' at work
UPDATE:

Ive secured a 30'x30' tent to be erected the weekend of the party.

so we no longer need to worry about getting wet if it rains. so NO excuses.
I'll also be renting some tables to eat on for inside the tent.

beer3.gif
type47
keep a record of expenses so we can share the cost. you're doing enough hosting the event, you don't need to have to pay too.

oh... yea.... icon_bump.gif
jimkelly
good point - rain - we should all bring a car cover.

i just installed 944 seat belts in my rootrod : ) big improvement : ))

smoke.gif
root
Pa....lease mount those friggin' gauges between the seats dude..... velcro them or ductape them anything! beer.gif

R U hookin' up with us somewhere in VA on the way to ECC?
How about coming over Friday night!
We can get up early Saturday and do a 914-V8 shakedown! piratenanner.gif
jimkelly
so far - the plan is for me to pick up atomix8 in annapolis and then meet you guys in VA. i am watching for time and place for the VA contingent gathering spot. 3hrs from me to NoVa with one stop in between - i better make sure atomix8 is up for an overnight stay - cause - i ain't missing out on the tunes this year. jim

guages - ok ok - i'l try to bolt them in somehow : )

oh yeah - got me some creature comfort for the trip - new brake and clutch peddle pads - luxury : ))
ws91420
icon_bump.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 9 2008, 02:07 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Welby do you and Mike want to meet up at the " dairy Queen " exit around 9-9:30 ish ?? Let me know, Mike has my # and I'll give it to you if you want, Right now I'm planning on driving the 944 if it passes my shake down for the next couple weeks driving.gif
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 9 2008, 08:13 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Welby do you and Mike want to meet up at the " dairy Queen " exit around 9-9:30 ish ?? Let me know, Mike has my # and I'll give it to you if you want, Right now I'm planning on driving the 944 if it passes my shake down for the next couple weeks driving.gif

sounds like a plan.

woot.... 944 drivin cheer.gif
scotty b

Hopefully, unsure.gif steering pump started growling last weekend, haven't had time to check it further for a major/minor leak, still gotta put some amount of stereo in it too biggrin.gif
ws91420
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 9 2008, 07:13 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Sounds good just let me know where the "Dairy Queen" exit is. Also I have been wanting to meet up w/ you anyhow. I had time off when Mike was down and would have been glad to help however I could but couldn't get ahold of Mike and had no way to find the hideout.
root
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 9 2008, 04:24 PM) *

Hopefully, unsure.gif steering pump started growling last weekend, haven't had time to check it further for a major/minor leak, still gotta put some amount of stereo in it too biggrin.gif

You bringin' skins with you?
Or just sticks, plastic garbage cans and pickle buckets again? beer.gif
slackin' at work
update:

after playing phone tag for some time, finally got the grub all figured out.
we're having some good-'ol pork BBQ, beans, slaw, and chicken from Jinx's Pit Stop BBQ here in charlottesville.
Ive been to many parties over the years with him catering and it's always a hit.

here are some more recent national accolades (you may recognize the sources):
"...do not miss Jinx's Barbecue, which offers hickory smoked barbecue and some seriously down-home atmosphere that ranks with some of the country's best."
- Wall Street Journal

“this juicy ’sammich’ on Texas toast will transport your mouth to the Mississippi Delta.”
- 2008 Maxim Food Awards

mmmmmm.... bbq.
type47
smilie_pokal.gif BBQ, my favorite!

and icon_bump.gif

(this thread should be nailed)
zymurgist
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Sep 10 2008, 12:14 PM) *

mmmmmm.... bbq.

pray.gif
scotty b
[quote name='root' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:21 AM' post='1077597']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 9 2008, 04:24 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

You bringin' skins with you?
Or just sticks, plastic garbage cans and pickle buckets again? beer.gif
[/quote]

If the 944 won't make it I can definitely bring some sort of set. If I bring the 944....well I'm not real sure anything will fit in it sad.gif
zymurgist
icon_bump.gif

Take off every rib for great justice.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have this fever, and the only prescription to sooth it is :

MORE COW BELL!!!!!!!!!!

pray.gif piratenanner.gif Dave slap.gif pray.gif
TeenerTim
I move to make this a:
Politics Free Weekend?
I haven't been on the board for awhile due to the rantings in the Sandbox. (I know, don't go there if you don't like it.) It would be great to meet nice people that share a common interest and have a good time. That's hard to do when you know they despise everything you believe in. It would also be nice to get out of the political trenches and truly relax. Do I hear a second for the motion?

Oh, and are we going unplugged or full out electric? I have both. aktion035.gif
ws91420
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Sep 12 2008, 03:42 PM) *

I move to make this a:
Politics Free Weekend?
I haven't been on the board for awhile due to the rantings in the Sandbox. (I know, don't go there if you don't like it.) It would be great to meet nice people that share a common interest and have a good time. That's hard to do when you know they despise everything you believe in. It would also be nice to get out of the political trenches and truly relax. Do I hear a second for the motion?

agree.gif a politics free zone this is about the people and the cars.
root
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 12 2008, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Sep 12 2008, 03:42 PM) *

I move to make this a:
Politics Free Weekend?

agree.gif a politics free zone this is about the people and the cars.

You mean we're not going to have a mock election? sad.gif
If we change our minds here's the three contenders I'd like to nominate-

1. Barrack Obama / Joe Biden
2. John McCain / Sarah Palin
3. Jim Kelly / Zymurgist

And I'm voting right now, up front, for the Kelly/Zymurgist ticket
'cause I know their platform = "914's/Beer" beerchug.gif
jimkelly
i was gonna choose Beyonce as my VP - but I guess - me and Z - can find her another position she'll enjoy - cabinet position of course : )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.