Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
VaccaRabite
^^^^
Get you ass to mars.

Err. Virginia.

Hell at $5 a gallon, I'd be happy to bring down a jerry can for ya!

Zach
Dr Evil
I can bring $25 worth.
plas76targa
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 25 2008, 12:01 PM) *

Matt, I will have a co-worker coming with me, so no available seat. PM me your address. Perhaps I can meet you at your house. My co-workier lives off of Opposumtown Pike. near Willowbrooke (next to the Catholic Church/scool). Mike Spraggins

Wow that's real close by.. sent you an IM with directions
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 25 2008, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 25 2008, 12:01 PM) *

Matt, I will have a co-worker coming with me, so no available seat. PM me your address. Perhaps I can meet you at your house. My co-workier lives off of Opposumtown Pike. near Willowbrooke (next to the Catholic Church/scool). Mike Spraggins

Wow that's real close by.. sent you an IM with directions

I could walk to your house in a few minutes from my friend's house. Know the area well. See you at your house, little before 10 AM biggrin.gif
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 25 2008, 06:41 PM) *

Is there power to the tent? I have a 100' extension cord if need be. smile.gif

mike, no worries. the tent is about 12 feet from the garage, so we should be all set for power.

Im getting excited. I think this rain should be out of here (or almost) by noon saturday so things are looking good.

MikeSpraggi
By the way, where is the gathering going to be held in Charlottesville? I know it's at Slackin' at work's farm .. but I don't know where that is. Is it buried somewhere in the thread?
ws91420
1st post pg 1
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 25 2008, 09:56 PM) *

1st post pg 1

Duhhhhh ....... brain fart.
plas76targa
[/quote]

Duhhhhh ....... brain fart.

and "I know the area well.."
[/quote]

Check picture on 1st post, recognize the house?
...ah, ok ya can't see the whole house..

see you Saturday!
SGB
BRING IT ON KIDS!

Man I wish I had time (and freeedom from responsibility) to jump in the car right now!!

Next year, (maybe)...
smile.gif

Have a great time!
VaccaRabite
I so wish either the truck or the 914 was functioning right now.
Gah. I *REALLY* want to drive one of my toys tomorrow. *REALLY REALLY*

Zach
stepuptotheMike
Guys, I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to bail on this weekend. Just too many things seem to be stacked against me in the deck... gas is scarce in CLT, it's raining like a mojo all day today, and I just found a window leak on the side of the house.....the list goes on. headbang.gif

I hope you guys have a great time and that the weather clears out early in the morning for you on Saturday. Enjoy some tunes and some outstanding brew. beer3.gif

Somebody please take lots of pictures.

I'll be looking forward to ECC 2009.

Regards,

Mike

slackin' at work
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Sep 26 2008, 11:02 AM) *

I wear a skirt

just kidding. biggrin.gif
it's too bad you can't make it. it's going to be a good time.
slackin' at work
update:

tables are here.

starting to look like a PARTAY!
I hope it's not just me, mike, and zach.
ws91420
My small clan and I will be there late in to the night possibly, but had to nix the camping idea due to the weather. Can't afford any unessecary Dr bills right now.
Dr Evil
Right on Welby. Scott is going to try to fit the bass drum in his car. If not, I will be leaving early Sat as my shit is in my car and I aint bringing it for nuthin
scotty b
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Sep 26 2008, 07:02 AM) *

Guys, I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to bail on this weekend. Just too many things seem to be stacked against me in the deck... gas is scarce in CLT, it's raining like a mojo all day today, and I just found a window leak on the side of the house.....the list goes on. headbang.gif

I hope you guys have a great time and that the weather clears out early in the morning for you on Saturday. Enjoy some tunes and some outstanding brew. beer3.gif

Somebody please take lots of pictures.

I'll be looking forward to ECC 2009.

Regards,

Mike

U SUK !! Call me if you change your mind. I think Welby, maybe Teener Tim and I will be pushing our meet time back a bit, so you still have time..........
angerosa
I started beer3.gif already! I have to go try and see how much camping geer I can fit in my car now. I bet my tent doesn't fit.
scotty b
Anyone else coming up 64 through the Richmond area, Welby and I will be meeting up at the Gum Springs exit at 10:30-ish. If you want to join make yourself known NOW !!!
okieflyr
We made it! The rain wasn't as bad as I expected today, and arrived w/o incident.
Leesa and I did Monticello today, and will explore Skyline drive early a.m.
We will sleep dry tonight!
These are some beautiful and fun roads, so bring the TEENERS!
jimkelly
my cars 914 v8 with no door windows - not good choice for rain

my other car 914 t4 - starting problems - i was gonna wire a switch from the HOT on the starter to the solenoid - but it was so rusted - it snapped - i installed a new mini starter but once done found out it does not engage the fffing flywheel - wheel - 914 t4 is a not go unless i drive it there without a starter idea.gif i could have swore i had a oem starter laying around mad.gif

well - the weather in the AM is gonna make me choose between 914v8 and subaru impreza.

jim
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 26 2008, 08:12 PM) *

my other car 914 t4 - starting problems - i was gonna wire a switch from the HOT on the starter to the solenoid - but it was so rusted - it snapped - i installed a new mini starter but once done found out it does not engage the fffing flywheel - wheel - 914 t4 is a not go unless i drive it there without a starter idea.gif i could have swore i had a oem starter laying around mad.gif

I bet it does.

Mine did the same thing, at first. The mini starters draw a lot of current. If your starter solenoid is busted, you may have enough current drop to not spin the starter.

Zach
jimkelly
the HOT stud on my oem starter busted - so i installed the brand new mini starter i had laying around - it spun but did not engage flywheel at all. so i then wired it directly to hot using a momentary switch - same thing happened.

40% chance of precip - i am leaning subaru.
scotty b
Got boomers here. I'm only 1.5 hrs away form C'ville. Looks like we might get wet tomorrow guys sad.gif Enough beer3.gif beer3.gif and I won't care
angerosa
I'm going for it! I'm more scared that my car won't make it there and back than I am of the rain and I live relatively close!

I bet I bring the most eclectic music for my car. Not to start the music debate over agian or anything. I'm actually bringing CDs not an mp3 player.
evan
I'm in. Wife and mother (OUTLAW) think I am crazy... Only as crazy as all of you. Hey Jim, 40% chance of rain and 60% chance no rain. Beer is wet anyway. Are a lot of us planning to meet at Blooms on rt 15 & 55 ? 11:00AM right. Plastarga, I tried to email & PM but since I changed emails on the site I was blocked. See ya satuday
Frijolito Evan
Rick L
I'm fuch'd. I have to bail out tomorrow.
I have the shirts and a couple goodies for the raffle.
I need someone to hand these items off to.
If need be, I can make it out to Matt's house.
Is anyone coming out 70 past Ellicott City?
angerosa
QUOTE(Rick L @ Sep 26 2008, 11:18 PM) *

Bummer Rick.
zymurgist is leaving Mt. Airy around 9am. Send him a PM. Maybe you could meet him half way.
Rick L
QUOTE(angerosa @ Sep 26 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Bummer Rick.
zymurgist is leaving Mt. Airy around 9am. Send him a PM. Maybe you could meet him half way.

I'll hit him up, thanx. Drink for me! drunk.gif

BarberDave, I have your shirt, I'll ship it, you just get well soon!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Rick L @ Sep 26 2008, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(angerosa @ Sep 26 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Bummer Rick.

I'll hit him up, thanx. Drink for me! drunk.gif

BarberDave, I have your shirt, I'll ship it, you just get well soon!

Any chance you could drop the stuff off at Matt's tomorrow in Frederick? I'd be happy to take it from there.
Zach
Rick L
I have to be in a promotional exam at 0830. I'll probably be out by 930 but no way could I get to Matt's by 1000.
Crash lives about 3 mins from where I'm going to be, I've hit him up and Zymurgist. We'll see what goes.
zymurgist
Sorry, I can't help. sad.gif Babydoll won't be attending due to a family emergency. Therefore, I'm making it a day trip from Hagerstown. I can get to Charlottesville directly via I-81 and I-64, and given the weather prediction I'll be driving the Toyota.
root
I just now saw your post! Went out to the garage and found a starter for you.
I'll bring it tomorrow. beer.gif

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 26 2008, 05:12 PM) *

my cars 914 v8 with no door windows - not good choice for rain

well - the weather in the AM is gonna make me choose between 914v8 and subaru impreza.

jim

root
Just finished 2 clutch alignment tools to raffle off at ECC tomorrow! welder.gif
Click to view attachment

type47
last minute check and a icon_bump.gif weather SUCKS!

driving.gif
atomix8
Weather was terrible around 6:30-7:30 here in Baltimore/Annapolis, but it has moved through and the clouds are breaking... It looks like we might be okay after the morning! Good day to own a garage though :-/
zymurgist
The sun is shining in Hagerstown, Md. and the roads are drying up.

weather.com shows a 50 percent chance of rain for Charlottesville.

intellicast.com has a radar loop that shows storms moving up the Chesapeake, and also over the Blue Ridge, moving north. That is to say, to the west and the far east of Charlottesville.
angerosa
Wooooo hoooooo leaving in 40 minutes! I'll leave with my top off and throw caution to the wind!
root
Sun's out in Fairfax!
I'm headed out to gas up then boogie on down to Cavalier Country as soon as the NoVA boys arrive! driving.gif
slackin' at work
sun broke when I was setting up this morning. closed back in though.
It won't be 80 and sunny, but I think it should workout.

it's a little foggy around here due to the elevation...

Im really pissed I won't be able to cut my field again before everyone gets here.
it's a little long, but should be fine.
angerosa
Leaving now!
crash914
shirts are on the way down...dropped them off with the guys at 10:00..

bummer I can't make it...have a beer for me...
zymurgist
I'm back home now. Thanks for hosting the party, slackin'. The BBQ was awesome... you could smell the hickory smoke before the aluminum foil came off the containers. And the tent was an absolutely necessary part of the day... the rain came down in buckets at times, but it was still a lot of fun.
angerosa
My pics are a total loss. I don't know what happened. I pressed one button and deleted them all. I've tried two recovery programs and they can't find anything. Sucks! I had some very cool shots of the cars at dusk with the mountains in the background. I had some cool night time shots of everyone there. Bummer!
jimkelly
Dear Mr. and Mrs. C Slacking

Thank you both for making ECC2008 - a truly memorable day and a half : )

Sincerely

Jim Kelly - aka: Jim Kelly

These images in large format
http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/ecc_2009
BarberDave

smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a nice turn out, really pissed i missed it, How was the BEER &

Music, Barbecue never is bad. Oh well ,, I will make it next yr. if by Ambulance

and in a drug induced fog. Dave slap.gif
root
Chris, Thanks for your hospitality and letting us visit your beautiful country home.

As always we had a great time! aktion035.gif

Sorry we got back so late this morning with the bagels. We got up a bit late 'cause Susan was a bit hungover. Then drove all over Charlottesville trying to find mega coffee and bagels for the overnight campers to no avail! When we finally got back to Chris's with bagels everyone had left for home.

driving.gif
AWESOME trip!

slackin' at work
well, it's past 5 and I think im finally feeling better after sleeping and watching movies all day.

I want to take this time to apologize for being a "little" tipsy last night. I had a bit too much fun. Im starting to remember more and more of my evening. I now remember a few more falls and a lot more slurred conversations. biggrin.gif I was a little over-the-top. What's that saying about first impression?? I guess every party has "that guy".

it was the CIDER!

anyway, thanks again for everyone who braved the rain. I can't wait to see some more pictures.

hope everyone made it home safe! it was good to meet everyone!

ws91420
Chris you hosted a great ECC the BBQ was great the tent a godsend and you were just one of group. At least your a happy drunk,.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif if you werent there then you missed a great time. sean and i were the first to arrive. the host chris is one of your typical teener owners. he has one of the nicest pieces of property i have seen. what a great place to have a bQ. it was a shock to see 9 teeners venture out in the rain. chris had a huge tent that was perfect for our purpose. food and drink was plentiful. when the band played i knew it was time to go....lol not really. we did the 9.5 hrs straight back to connecticut. it was nice to meet the NEW people and to see all our old friends. my only bitch is that due to the rain we did not get a group shot. maybe next year.... ray biggrin.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.