Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official East Coast Cookout 2008 Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
VaccaRabite
ECC 2007 was rad. 20 cars (15 914s, 2 912s, 1 944, 1 T4 Beetle, 1 beastly sandrail.) About 60 people over 8 hours.

ECC 2008 could be radder.

It only happens if we make it happen. So lets make it happen.

I would like to propose the weekend of Sept 27-28, 2008.
Events will include a rebuilt tranny raffle via DrEvil, and a New In Box 19mm ATE master cylinder raffle. $20 buy in for each, proceeds going to pay for the party.

This will put us after the All Aircooled Gathering in NJ the prior weekend (Sept 20th.) So all you NE guys can come down and play this year too. Also, this will clear us of two MidA PCA Drivers Ed events happening on Sept 13-14.

I will head the planning effort.

The party will be held at Slackin' at Work's farm:
2344 Old Lynchburg Road
Charlottesville VA 22903

2) Would people be willing to put a little money in the till for the party? Not much - like $5 or $10 to help the planners offset the costs?

Hopefully my car will be able to get to the party this year!

IPB Image
pic stolen from the ECC 2007 thread

Zach
plas76targa
Hey Zach, i'll kick in a few $$ for planning. Good idea on the weekend change. and who's that speed camera tester standing in the front row? av-943.gif
atomix8
Glad to throw in a few $$$ for a venue, although the only house I can offer has a tiny yard!

Hopefully I can stay for more than 2 hours this year too! Calendar is marked.
TeenerTim
First Settler's Region is hosting the Zone 2 PCA Club Race at VIR on August 8-10th. We could have a 914 coral and camp overnight. Just a thought.
slackin' at work
If no one objects to driving to central VA (charlottesville), I will be more than willing
to offer up my place for a venue. I have enough room for say 200-300 914s if we had to.

there are excellent roads around here for a cruise as well.

Ive been thinking about putting a BBQ together, so why not get one "pre-made".
we can also have a bon-fire later in the day.

camping over night is a possibility too. or there are plenty of nice hotels around.

I have yet to meet anyone here.

here is the only picture I could find that shows part of my yard. it's a really nice setting.
we tend to have a few big BBQs a year here... so why not the 914 crowd.
IPB Image

Now... life is super-busy right now for me so I can't plan the thing... but I can host it.
beer3.gif

TeenerTim
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Feb 11 2008, 01:47 PM) *

If no one objects to driving to central VA (charlottesville), I will be more than willing
to offer up my place for a venue. I have enough room for say 200-300 914s if we had to.

A cruise to Monticello would nice. Beautiful country.
degreeoff
Zach has seen my place, however I could only park about 8 cars in the driveway, with plenty of street parking. The down side is the back roads suck!
type47
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Feb 11 2008, 10:47 AM) *

camping over night is a possibility too. or there are plenty of nice hotels around.

here is the only picture I could find that shows part of my yard. it's a really nice setting.

Now... life is super-busy right now for me so I can't plan the thing... but I can host it.
beer3.gif

wow! what a setting... i don't think it could get much better than this. i would really hope that this ends up being the location but before you are taken up on your offer, let's hear from the MD and PA folks that this is not too far a drive. i have attended all the east coast cookouts; the first was in richmond at kerry herrs. the second was in kennett square PA at.... kerry herrs. the third was at carolines/babydolls in fairfax station VA and the 4th was at Matts in frederick MD. for me, all those locations are doable in a day trip; 2 hrs to richmond, 2 hrs to kennett square. for Zach and Dr Evil, they go York PA to charlottesville, estimate 4 hours. (2 to DC, 2 more to charlottesville). would they do 4hrs? on the other hand, we might pick up some southern Va, mid-Va, NC and tidewater folks....

i will help anyway i can. i love these gatherings.....
jimkelly
charlottesville va on map - for me from milton de - 4hrs and 40mins each way

JmuRiz
I'd be totally happy with c'ville. I go down there enough for games and drive past it plenty to visit the wife's family in Lynchburg area.
degreeoff
Just a thought but what IF we did the shenendoah skyline dr area? You talk about nice roads and I would think a fair drive for all.....say front royal? http://ci.front-royal.va.us/outdoor_activi...amp;P=7&S=8
atomix8
Front Royal sounds a little more do-able than C-ville for me. But that's only because my car can't carry enough oil to replenish all it would burn on the drive down there ;-).

Slackin'--Do you track your R32? You might know a friend of mine...
VaccaRabite
200 miles is nothing - so long as I have someone to follow me with a chase car. Assuming I take my 914, it will likely be the first trip of substance that it makes. 4 hours from my location - no biggie, but I would need to camp. I love that area.

It might proclude Erin and my son from coming though. I don't know how she would feel about camping with a 5 month old, and the drive would be too long to ask her to drive it alone with the kid, chasing me in her Prius. We are going to try camping with infant Theodore, so who knows.

My only other concern is that it would be too far away from the NoVa, Philly, Frederick triangle that seems to be home to a rather large cluster of teeners.

I'd like to hear from you all.
Charlottesville is gorgious, but I want to know if you guys thing it is too far.

Zach
okieflyr
Count me in wherever it ends up driving.gif and camping yellowsleep[1].gif might be a possibility depending on the weather patterns at the time..

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 11 2008, 05:50 PM) *

200 miles is nothing - so long as I have someone to follow me with a chase car. Assuming I take my 914, it will likely be the first trip of substance that it makes. 4 hours from my location - no biggie, but I would need to camp. I love that area.

It might proclude Erin and my son from coming though. I don't know how she would feel about camping with a 5 month old, and the drive would be too long to ask her to drive it alone with the kid, chasing me in her Prius. We are going to try camping with infant Theodore, so who knows.

My only other concern is that it would be too far away from the NoVa, Philly, Frederick triangle that seems to be home to a rather large cluster of teeners.

I'd like to hear from you all.
Charlottesville is gorgious, but I want to know if you guys thing it is too far.

Zach

scotty b
No prob for me biggrin.gif THat weekend MAY be. There has been a ever growing foreign car show in town around that time and I ditched it last yearfor the ECC, and heard about it ad nauseum from some of our customers, so I had better go this year. Gotta pimp myself right? Besides I plan to have the bike enterd this year rolleyes.gif Oh and I 'd love to see a bigger campout crowd JIM.........
VaccaRabite
Scotty, find out what weekend the car show is. I planned around the AACG, we can change dates if it conflicts with the one near you. Just let me know ASAP.

Zach
scotty b
Will do. Last year as I said it was the weekend of the ECC and I THINK it was the same the previous year. I had actually thought that IF I could ever get my property cleared we could have a get together here, and bombard the show with busted ass teeners....wait that didn't come out right.......
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Feb 11 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Ive been thinking about putting a BBQ together, so why not get one "pre-made".
we can also have a bon-fire later in the day.

IPB Image

beer3.gif

I really like THIS idea! Missed last year, but will NOT miss this year.

Not all that far away for me, I just hate going through Balt/DC corridor. But, I've learned to live with it & take backroads.

I'm in! Needs $, let us know.
Pat
plas76targa
I would drive to Charlottesville, VA.
Perhaps the Baltimore-Frederick-Central PA triangle folks would make a brief scenic drive DOWN the skyline drive on the way TOO C-ville. Camping would be great too.
Dr Evil
I have been to the last 3 smile.gif I need to check my school schedule first. It doesnt come out for a few more days at least. I can do VA if I have to, but I LOVED Matt's place last year. I would be camping, or crashing on floor. From me the c'vill area is 5 hours at least. Zach, Noel can drive Erin and your spawn. My car should definitely be done by then....unless something else happens.
highclasstrash
Would love to get in on this. i live in Roanoke VA. and i am having a hard time finding teener people around here. Front Royal would be great for me along with Hoo ville. sky line drive and blue ridge parkway close by. willing to donate to$$

Coby
Nick
I have been awayt from my 914 in Africa for two years and would love to come, but you are a week too early for me to be able to make it. Can't depart post until after sept 15th.

Nick
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Zach:
I will be there, heck it,s only 600 miles, and ten hrs. Will kick in $$$ or buy Beer as last yr. Also I need a place to wear my very special 2007 ECC T-Shirt.
Just let me know time and place ,and who to send the money to.

Dave slap.gif
P.S. I WILL DRIVE MY 914.
slackin' at work
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 11 2008, 05:21 PM) *

Just a thought but what IF we did the shenendoah skyline dr area? You talk about nice roads and I would think a fair drive for all.....say front royal? http://ci.front-royal.va.us/outdoor_activi...amp;P=7&S=8

this looks like a good option as well.

I'd love to have every one down to my place, but realize a 4+ hour drive
may be too much for some teeners. Honestly, that was one reason why I
threw my hat into the ring. biggrin.gif

The wife said "cool" (in a sarcastic way) when I mentioned we may be hosting
the BBQ. She thinks Im a dork. confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
Slack'n, looks to me like you _ARE_ hosting ECC this year.

I am going to start an event planner thread on the Future Events board, and any one that wants to help plan please let me know and I will let you know the password once the thread is created.

Zach
tdgray
Can I bring the TR6 hide.gif biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(tdgray @ Feb 12 2008, 12:16 PM) *

Can I bring the TR6 hide.gif biggrin.gif

why not?

you'll see in the pic that Zach posted from the last ECC that there is a 944, a dune buggy and a type IV powered 67ish (?) bug in attendance not to mention a V8 powered 914. two 912E's (husband and wife each in their car) showed up later. at the ECC at carolines, degreeoff came on his motorcycle.

Ken.... get to work beer3.gif
Eric_Shea
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... time to load the Krauser Bags on the BMW. wink.gif

Road Trip!
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 12 2008, 05:20 PM) *

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... time to load the Krauser Bags on the BMW. wink.gif

Road Trip!

Really ?? Maybe you Mike and I could have a Beemer biker raid on the NARPers. Start fights take the beer and women etc. etc. etc. Now that I think about it I might bring the bike in tow idea.gif

Dr Evil
Na, I am actually driving my 914 down this year (fingers crossed).
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2008, 08:01 PM) *

2 words TOW BAR I actually have a modified thinking about putting on the 944 just for this reason. Would be nice to have the car and the bike when I go the the beach or camping etc....
Dr Evil
IF I have the bus, AND I have it running, I may bring it and tow the 914 so I can sleep in the bus. OR, if I am lucky then someone will drive it down for me idea.gif
degreeoff
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2008, 08:01 PM) *

you and me both!
VaccaRabite
Scotty, have you figured out when your other event was?

Nick, I'd move it back for you, but I am concerned about 1) impinging on the All Aircooled Gathering in Jersey and 2) moving the event towards the end of Sept, when the weather gets to be more dicey.

Zach
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 15 2008, 10:46 AM) *

Nick, I'd move it back for you, but I am concerned about 1) impinging on the All Aircooled Gathering in Jersey and 2) moving the event towards the end of Sept, when the weather gets to be more dicey.

Zach

the end of september is still nice down here.
I also have to mention that mid october is beautiful with the foliage...
but then again, I'll leave that stuff up to you guys.

this will be my first ecc after all.
-chris

beer3.gif
VaccaRabite
The Events Forum protected planning thread can be located here:
ECC 2008 planning forum

If you would like to be part of the ECC planning team, please contact me and I will forward the password to you.

Zach
type47
it would be neat to have the event on or about 9/14 as the others. i'm hoping it's saturday (9/13) due to logistics of everybody getting home the next day (9/14)
Johny Blackstain
popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
I say the "bikers" show up and trash the place...

Where are da wimminz??!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 15 2008, 12:28 PM) *

I say the "bikers" show up and trash the place...

Where are da wimminz??!!

E,

You bought one? Did you buy that BMW I went and looked at for you? EC would be a long haul on that baby. Maybe I should saddle up and meet you in UT!

Rob
Eric_Shea
:hijack:

He sold it out from under me... I asked him what he needed to have for it and he said he would get back with me. I told him I'd like to buy it. I told him I wasn't trying to weasel him on it but I honestly didn't know the value and, if he would tell me what he had to have I would buy it. He said he'd think about it.

I called him a week later, while I was on vacation in Hatteras and he said he had someone coming up from S.D. to look at it and buy it.

I found one the next day - 30 minutes fresh on Craig's List. My brother went to Hollywood to look at it and bought it for a grand less than I was going to pay that guy, and I got Krauser bags included. All the papers from day one. Completely original. Curry.

:end hijack:

It would be cool to bike out there... or maybe the 911. idea.gif
scotty b
Well right now it looks like the car show is going to be that very weekend Zach. If there are enough people wlling to go the weekend BEFORE that would be great, otherwise I might have to trry and do both that weekend confused24.gif

For any intersted in making the trek to RIC here are some pics from last years show. The Maserati we did was there as well as 2 of the Fiat race cars we built

http://www.cvbcc.com/classics/pix/photos_from_jim_godwin.htm
type11969
I up for the trek as long as its not the AACG weekend . . . definitely kick in some cashmoney for planning costs, etc.
Winfield
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 15 2008, 10:46 AM) *

Zach

driving.gif I'd like to attend, but I'll be at a DE event @ Pocono then. However, where in NJ is the Aircooled Gathering on the 20th?
MikeSpraggi
I missed last year b/c my wife had me run some errands for her, was ready to depart at 5 PM but figured it was too late to make the trek although it was only 40 minutes away. I REALLY want to make this one. Will be glad to kick some $$$ for the event. There is a DE event at N.J. Motorsports Park Sept. 12-14 that I would like to do also .. same as the proposed weekend. I'll have to wait and see how it all plays out, but I would help out $$$ either way. It's sooooo good to be with teener people!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 18 2008, 10:16 PM) *

I missed last year b/c my wife had me run some errands for her, was ready to depart at 5 PM but figured it was too late to make the trek although it was only 40 minutes away. I REALLY want to make this one. Will be glad to kick some $$$ for the event. There is a DE event at N.J. Motorsports Park Sept. 12-14 that I would like to do also .. same as the proposed weekend. I'll have to wait and see how it all plays out, but I would help out $$$ either way. It's sooooo good to be with teener people!

Is N'J Motorsports park the same as the DE At Pocono?

We are early enough in the planning stage that we can change the date. I'd like to impinge as little as we can, and a regional DE weekend might draw a lot of members who would also want to come.

Zach
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 18 2008, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 18 2008, 10:16 PM) *

Is N'J Motorsports park the same as the DE At Pocono?

We are early enough in the planning stage that we can change the date. I'd like to impinge as little as we can, and a regional DE weekend might draw a lot of members who would also want to come.

Zach

Zach, N.J. Motorsport and Pocono are different venues. I would imagine a few people would want to drive NJMP since this is the fisrt year of racing .... brand new track in southern Jersey. I'm trying to get as much seat time as possible (out of the office that is) so I would really be torn as to doing the DE or the ECC. I want to do both, but can't afford to clone myself yet.
Jon Pletcher
Hey, Im new to your board but have owned teeners on and off since 76 (a 70 1.7 1st) Have a great place that we've hosted over 300 folks before ... campovers, local hotels, 20 mi. from the "Carlisle Event " folks ..167 chainsaw rd. dillsburg, pa 17019. Ten switchback driveway up the highest mtn in York Co PA. Check out the satellite image! We usually have a big Labor Day blowout but this year it has been moved to the 4th of July. We'd love to host a teener event and press a few welders into service, just kidding, we love welding. 2 hrs from DC, 6 hrs from Lime Rock, 6 hrs from VIR
Jon Pletcher
The top of the hill
Jon Pletcher
Click to view attachmentPlenty O' parking, and shuttle sevice from the street (w/ safe parking) for those w/ the low air dams. We have great local musican friends who love to play till 3 am or so and great 4wheel trail riding for the fearless crowd. Campovers are always encouraged.

Jon, Michele, Zach, and Emily
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.