Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing a V-8...a few questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
chads74
Click to view attachment
Can any one tell me where I can find a body kit like this? I have found similar rear flares at auto atlanta, but no luck on the front or maybe its custom. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
messix
it look like 930 flares
chads74
Yeah they do look like the 930 flares, do you of a company that makes them for the 914?
computers4kids
Recently, I've been fixing and updating things that have bothered me since I did this conversion years ago.

1. Install one of McMark's Master Cylinder brace. I've always had a sort of soft brake pedal, so I was hoping to get a firmer pedal removing any possible flex.
Click to view attachment

2. Discovered the right front wheel had a bit of wheel bearing slop which in turn was opening the pad on the passenger caliper. Adjusted the nut properly, clearance all the calipers, and bled brakes. The pedal is hard as a rock now... piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment

3. The 1 1/4 water line that comes out of the "typical" Renegade water setup requires a sharp 90 degree turn to properly follow the floor of the car to the radiator up front. This would cause the hose to kink, even though once the system pressurized the hose would fill out...it always bothered me. I installed an aluminum 90 degree tube to replace the area of the hose that would kink.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

4. Four over 3 years my Renegade dual fan setup worked flawlessly. Both fans were setup to come on at once at full speed. Wanting to reduce the noise of the fans, I rewired them according to the diagram below that utilizes 3 relays to create a multi speed circuit.

Thanks to the 914 community for discovering that one of the relays I was sold was incorrect (two 87s, instead of an 87 and a 87a) which really through me for a loop.

Here is what I started with.

Click to view attachment

Schematic for using 3 relays and how it works...
QUOTE(904svo @ Feb 5 2014, 08:46 PM) *

C1 grounded

Here's the current path, C1 gets ground operates relay #1 , #30 supply's bat to pin 87 which is wired to one side of the fan motor #2 the other side of the motor is
wired to #30 on relay #3 which is not operated and flows current to #87a which
is wired to the other fan motor the other side of this fan motor is grounded. Both
fan motors are in series now ( each motor has 6 volts to them).

C2 grounded ( note C1 not grounded)
Relays 2,3 operated, Relay' #2 supplys 12v #30 to #87 which is wired to motor#1
the other side of the motor is wired to grounded ( fan #1 has 12 volts Full speed)
relay #3 #30 is wired to fan motor #2 the other side is wired to relay #1 #87
motor #1 will not operate till C1 is grounded.

So what you have is a 3 speed operation if the fan motor can run on 6 volts

C1 grounded both motors have 6 volts on them
C2 grounded Motor #1 fullgrounded
C1 and C2 gounded motor #1 and #2 full speed

Click to view attachment

Inside look

Click to view attachment

A lot of wires...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Electrical box
Click to view attachment

Done. I can't believe how quiet the fans are now at 1/2 speed. I've been very fortunate to have a cooling system that works awesome and can get away most of the time on the slower fan speeds.
Sensor 1 triggers at 180 degrees both fans at 1/2 speed
Sensor 2 triggers at 200 degrees at full speed on both fans

Click to view attachment
76-914
Glad to see you finally got that ironed out. beerchug.gif
computers4kids
5. Integrated a AEM Wideband A/F gauge in the housing of a spare 911 clock.
Click to view attachment

6. And of course, everything once going to the battery positive terminal (OEM and what I added) is now fused with one of Tom's kits.
Click to view attachment
callplatinum
WOW!
Tomgayer
I put shroud around fans for better coolingClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.