Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlanta transmission rebuild clinic planning thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
bcheney
That is great news...put me in line for one! Have a great time this weekend and say hello to Paul Woodbury if he shows up. He is one of our Florida 914 brothers!!
Dr Evil
I am working on the script right now and the idea is to get it out to as many people for a little as possible (just like my repair work) wink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Mike is here now and the clinic is going great. Everyone is really learning a lot and the camaraderie is great
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the guys are all in the showroom and Steve Gaglione is describing all of the cars to them including the 916 the best six the last six the sportomatic six and the m-471. He is going to the four cylinder showroom next
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2009, 02:02 PM) *

the guys are all in the showroom and Steve Gaglione is describing all of the cars to them including the 916 the best six the last six the sportomatic six and the m-471. He is going to the four cylinder showroom next

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 9 2009, 10:34 PM) *

A video is in the making currently. Stay tuned! It will be AWESOME!

Put me down for one.... and where are the cool T-Shirts?

Hope you guys are having fun bye1.gif

T.C.
SGB
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Oct 10 2009, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2009, 02:02 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SGB
Having some problems with pictures tonight....

Here are a few more:

Looking at Matt's car-
SGB
George had it set up for us-
SGB
Al checking out synchro rings
SGB
The real Doc at work...
SGB
consulting...
SGB
just part of the big crowd.

I'm sure they are still at it.

I really enjoyed meeting friends (some new, some renewed).

Many thanks to George, and of course, Dr Evil.

The rest of my pics are crap. IDK what happened, but they are even worse than the ones I posted.

It was quite a sight. The smell of tranny fluid was strong. Everyone had a real, um, patina. Mike was going from rebuild sight to rebuild sight. I kept hearing stuff like "I know what you need, I'll be right back with it".

I didn't keep track of the folks I met, so I won't attempt to screw that up, but g'luck with those rebuilds.
904svo
I think I can say that ever body had a good time and learn, it's not that hard
to rebuild the transmission. I have to give Dr Evil credit for having the Time
and Patience to help ever one who had trouble to explain how to correct install
the parts and which order they go in. It was quite a learning curve for me.

Thank you George for letting us your facility and the great prices for the
parts and Dr Evil for putting up with us.
Dr Evil
Great time! You guys really do have some mechanical acumen and that is making things very easy. George is being an awesome host and very generous with parts and food. It is pretty cool to be able to send folks up forward for parts smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Doc, your looking a little rough around the edges? You come over here all shaven and now you look like moses after coming out of the desert! confused24.gif What's the dealio buddy? poke.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Oct 11 2009, 01:12 AM) *

Doc, your looking a little rough around the edges? You come over here all shaven and now you look like moses after coming out of the desert! confused24.gif What's the dealio buddy? poke.gif

My garage ain't go no heat, but my winter's got plenty cold. face warmer's helpful.

Zach
Dr Evil
Zach is on the ball. It is now winter. Time for the beard.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 10 2009, 11:31 PM) *

Zach is on the ball. It is now winter. Time for the beard.

Ahhhh! santa_smiley.gif Tis the season!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 10 2009, 11:24 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Oct 11 2009, 01:12 AM) *

My garage ain't go no heat, but my winter's got plenty cold. face warmer's helpful.

Zach

We missed you here Zach! The doc and the doc are still here finishing up the last gearbox and William is cleaning up. Just got back from dropping off Steve at the airport. Great weekend. (long) We know Evil is going to be a great doc with that kind of dedication. Hopefully not working for the Government health care system though!!!!
Joe Owensby
Mike, thanks for the guidance in rebuilding my transmission. During the Saturday session, you looked like one of the ER doctors after a major accident- running from case to case. How many were being built at one time- nine or ten? You handled it well, catching our mistakes, and guiding us through the rebuild. I was also lucky and had some good tablemates who also helped me keep things straight, and loaned me tools I had forgot- especially a soft end hammer.

George, special thanks to you and the AutoAtlanta staff for the hospitality in allowing us to use your shop. In today's times, not many people would allow such a large group access to a great place like yours. Thanks also for the food and good prices on parts. JoeO
bag5rcg
MANY thanks to Mike!....I only took a slight beating from the wife for coming home later than expected smile.gif ....YOU are the best...and THANKS to George for a great venue ,hospitality and pricing! I looking forward to installing the newly built transmission in the car...

THANKS! again...
bam914
I stopped by today with my dad Al. It smelled great in the shop. Nothing like old 90W gear oil. My wife gets to smell that next week when I build a trans for the race car. Going to try a 4.8 R&P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.