Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bringin Sexy Back-
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Series9
I have an unexpected day off tomorrow.

I'll be conducting a thorough inventory of the parts. After a cursory review, many little things appear to be missing. I'll know better soon.

I'll have some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks James. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
James, you will be thrilled with Joe's work. Best money I ever spent. Congrats!
Madswede
Yeah what Wills said. And just wait until mine's done! (I've had a hard time thinking of a year out, but it will be worth it) shades.gif
Series9
Pictures from yesterday. It's like Christmas, but some assembly required:

Series9
Today, the engine is on the stand and the camshaft reference sensor is installed:

mepstein
I've never heard of a camshaft reference sensor. What is it and will I need it for my 3.2 conversion?
echocanyons
I think he is using the 3.2 manifold with a tech-gt injection system instead of the DME. If you are using the stock injection you shouldn't need it, the sensors for the stock system are near the flywheel.
mepstein
Thanks
Sleepin
That paint!!!! drooley.gif
Series9
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 21 2011, 08:27 PM) *

I think he is using the 3.2 manifold with a tech-gt injection system instead of the DME. If you are using the stock injection you shouldn't need it, the sensors for the stock system are near the flywheel.

That's correct. This sensor is for use of the TEC gt in sequential mode.
racerbvd
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Mar 20 2011, 05:36 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Look a threesome

I trailered it down yesterday to Joe at Series 9 and it is ready to get its' heart, a 3.2. I am really happy Joe took on this project. I am so close to finally finishing, I can't stand it. Joe is a great guy and I can't wait for the finished project.

Joe gave me a spin in his 3.6 RS. Not sure my testicles have dropped back yet. That thing should be illegal. Here is a clip:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/ser...¤t=PICT0032.mp4

If you needed a trailer, all you had to do was ask, I'm just up the road from you..
Series9
Many parts ordered.

Nelson's car needs a few days of attention.

Stand-by.

Series9
The first parts have arrived. Not much, but all-important.

The -12AN scavenge adapter.
The 14-pin male electrical plug, so I can build an engine harness.
Intake and exhaust gaskets for the 3.2.

More are on the way. beerchug.gif

I'm working on the engine tomorrow. Pictures to follow.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Mar 29 2011, 08:02 PM) *

The first parts have arrived. Not much, but all-important.

The 14-pin male electrical plug, so I can build an engine harness.
Intake and exhaust gaskets for the 3.2.

More are on the way. beerchug.gif

I'm working on the engine tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

Joe, that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!
Eric_Shea

Down boy. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2011, 07:40 AM) *

Down boy. biggrin.gif

Twas a joke from another thread. biggrin.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Mar 29 2011, 11:02 PM) *

Minor threadjack...

I'm curious and a week from plumbing my 3.0 oil system. Why use the 30mm to -12AN adapter when the factory fitting could be removed and replaced with a 22mm to -12AN from someone like Smart Racing? Using the 30mm adapter puts the hose another inch closer to the exhaust. ...or maybe the 3.2 factory adapter isn't removable?

What about using a Setrab 22mm threaded hose end?

IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 30 2011, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2011, 07:40 AM) *

Down boy. biggrin.gif

Twas a joke from another thread. biggrin.gif

Don't make me angry, your won't like me when I'm ........
Series9
Today:

I have to build an engine harness from scratch.

Series9
Next:

Series9
Next:

Series9
This supply line freaks me out. -16 supply, but probably only -10 in flow:

Series9
Stock 14-pin connector:

Series9
Tank out to remove the old oil lines:

Series9
Solve the puzzle:

Series9
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Mar 30 2011, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Mar 29 2011, 11:02 PM) *

Minor threadjack...

I'm curious and a week from plumbing my 3.0 oil system. Why use the 30mm to -12AN adapter when the factory fitting could be removed and replaced with a 22mm to -12AN from someone like Smart Racing? Using the 30mm adapter puts the hose another inch closer to the exhaust. ...or maybe the 3.2 factory adapter isn't removable?

What about using a Setrab 22mm threaded hose end?

IPB Image

To be honest, this is the way I've always done it. I'll look into different fittings. Thanks. beerchug.gif
Series9
Remember that picture of the blockage in the oil supply line?

I cut the end of that hose off and opened it up to have a look. I'm not sure the source of this hose, but this makes me wonder if it's compatible with the fitting that was installed on it (Earl's -16 straight).

The lining was detached. Very scary for the engine if this stuff came off. Now I'm going to have to pull the other end off the oil tank to see if it looks the same.

For a car that was previously running a /6, I'm having to almost start from scratch on the conversion stuff because it was either under-done or done incorrectly.

Whatever. It'll be right when it leaves here.
Series9
When I went through the parts to see what I had, I said "intake boot, check".

However, this is either off another car or it's extremely stretched out.

All stop. Order a new one for a 3.2.

tomeric914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Mar 31 2011, 09:38 PM) *

Solve the puzzle:

Battery support and tray
Series9
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:22 AM) *

Solve the puzzle:

Battery support and tray

BUZZER. Incorrect. Try again. bootyshake.gif
mepstein
motor mounts from a 4 cylinder
MDG
QUOTE(Series9 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:22 AM) *

Solve the puzzle:

Battery support and tray

BUZZER. Incorrect. Try again. bootyshake.gif

Engine shelf carnage?

Superb work by the by.
Series9
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 1 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Ding ding. Winner. first.gif

Wanna sticker?
mepstein
QUOTE(Series9 @ Apr 1 2011, 10:06 AM) *

Wanna sticker?

Just met with Scotty B on Wed and removing the mounts on my car was on the list.
MDG

Wanna sticker?

Even though my guess was wrong, I did say your work was superb . . . can I have a sticker? unsure.gif

Dave (yes, THAT Dave) told me he has a collection of them and has been selling them at his kid's school.
Series9
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 1 2011, 11:56 AM) *

Wanna sticker?

Even though my guess was wrong, I did say your work was superb . . . can I have a sticker? unsure.gif

Dave (yes, THAT Dave) told me he has a collection of them and has been selling them at his kid's school.

laugh.gif

PM me your address.

MDG
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif PM sent. I'm getting a sticker, I'm getting a sticker piratenanner.gif That Joe is the best.

Oh, and paging Mr. Balljoint? I've instructed that if this is some cruel April Fools joke and I'm not getting a sticker . . . to send the box of monkey poo to you biggrin.gif
balljoint
That reminds me I am sold out of Series9 Stickers...and monkey poo.
Eric_Shea
(just here checking to see if I can ban Dave for anything)

IPB Image
balljoint
Eeep!

-runs back to sandbox

hide.gif
MDG

Click to view attachment

Dave, stop messing with Joe's thread. Some of us are trying to learn from a master. And seeing as how Scotty, Mark, Dana, Eric, etc., etc., etc., et al, etc., aren't posting anything everybody has no choice but to hang out here smile.gif
mepstein
Joe - What are you doing for oil cooling? GT style cooler in the front trunk?
ellisor3
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 1 2011, 04:28 PM) *

Joe - What are you doing for oil cooling? GT style cooler in the front trunk?

I will answer that on for Joe. We are going to do 2 Setrab's behind the engine, plus a sump tank in the front trunk. I did not want to cut up the front of the car. I like the clean look. I am sure Joe will post some photos of the install when he gets to that point. I carried this ball as far as I could carry it and it is time for a beer3.gif and watch Joe carry it over the line. driving.gif

I tried to check out Joe's progress on the web cam. Apparently whoever Joe has working for him has been sweeping that corner for 3 days. Probably should get rid of them. http://www.914rs.com/webcam.html

Plus, I have never seen a guy get so much done without ever putting anything on his work bench. http://www.914rs.com/webcam2.html lol-2.gif
MDG
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Apr 1 2011, 05:58 PM) *

I carried this ball as far as I could carry it and it is time for a beer3.gif and watch Joe carry it over the line. driving.gif

You've put it in very capable hands. I'm liking this oil cooler set up. Is it along the lines of what Joe did in Mike Wills car? Always thought that was a great idea. For a street car I like hiding as much of the extra bits as possible too.

I'll be watching with interest - may use it for mine too.
tat2dphreak
joe, you are amazing... you make it look so easy!
Madswede
James, now that I've been through this thread, I gotta say I love the paint and wheel combo! But with all due respect, damn you! Now I can't do that without copying you.

Actually I'm still deciding, but the look I've been after is a bit more period-correct I think - I'm thinking a CanAm 914 that never was but should've been ... So I'm probably gonna go Fuchs on mine (don't tell Wills).

Lookin' good! beerchug.gif

- Nelson
tomeric914

Hangs head in shame and slinks back to corner sad2.gif

Do the /4 mounts really need to be removed? What if I want to change back to a /4 some day? w00t.gif
ellisor3
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 1 2011, 09:40 PM) *

James, now that I've been through this thread, I gotta say I love the paint and wheel combo! But with all due respect, damn you! Now I can't do that without copying you.

Actually I'm still deciding, but the look I've been after is a bit more period-correct I think - I'm thinking a CanAm 914 that never was but should've been ... So I'm probably gonna go Fuchs on mine (don't tell Wills).

Lookin' good! beerchug.gif

- Nelson

Don't worry about copying me, I have copies a lot of people on this board. Don't tell them. aktion035.gif
The great thing about these cars is that you can make each your own and in the end you still have great performance.
ellisor3
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 1 2011, 08:53 PM) *

joe, you are amazing... you make it look so easy!

Stop patting Joe on the head, he is charging by the pat. headbang.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Apr 1 2011, 11:54 PM) *

Hangs head in shame and slinks back to corner sad2.gif

Do the /4 mounts really need to be removed? What if I want to change back to a /4 some day? w00t.gif

Removal isn't nessasary but I am doing it because:

They are rusted out.
There is more room in the engine compartment with them gone.
This car will never go back to a 4.
I think one of the GT reinforcement plates fits over where the mounts are located.
I can pay Scotty B more money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.