Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR2010 - Register Here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Andyrew
Been 5 years since my last one.. Going to try and make it this year.

Not sure if I'll be bringing the girlfriend (vacation) or my dad (car trip)
Rand
Cool Andyrew! Sign up sign up do it do it! I haven't seen your dad post on here in forever. It would be great if he came too! Although I bet your girlfriend is prettier. Haha. tongue.gif
Andyrew
Ok all,
GF said she wants to go, so were goin!

What all hotels are people going to that arnt the main hotel but within walking distance? Trying to be as cheap as reasonably possible.

McMark
Mont Bleu
biosurfer1
Lakeside Inn is just down the road <3 minutes, not the greatest hotel in the world but I didn't mind it. Cheaper than most too.

FYI everyone...expedia is having another sale right now, for 48 hours most hotels in the area are 30-40% off. Horizon, which is next door to Harveys is $63/night! Act Fast!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just three dozen days to get that car ready! 36 to go...

The event is shaping up nicely with everything falling into place. If you are on the fence about going - making your decision in the next few days saves you money. Thursday night we meet and mingle in the parking lot in the sky. Friday morning, we drive around Lake Tahoe and conduct the photo rally. So be sure to bring a digital camera and plan for a passenger to shoot the pics. Most and best pics wins.
Andyrew
Booked at the Horizon. $221 Total for 3 nights.

Registration paid.

Going in the Audi.

IPB Image

Anyone going Ziplining? GF wants to go (I'll be watching..)
RoadGlue
I may go ziplining in Tahoe. We're going on a zipline canopy tour while in Mexico in a few weeks, so I'll decide when we get back. smile.gif
Andyrew
So were trying to event plan and it looks like most of them are either summer or winter. Is there going to be snow on the ground (not the roads) for winter events or should we be looking at summer events??

RoadGlue
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 8 2010, 11:06 PM) *

So were trying to event plan and it looks like most of them are either summer or winter. Is there going to be snow on the ground (not the roads) for winter events or should we be looking at summer events??

There's a chance some of the slopes could still be open, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It's really an in between season up there. Too cold to swim, too warm to ski. Hopefully this means that the crowds won't be there either. smile.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 35 days to go!!!

As I have said before it will be cool to cold at night and warm to sort of hot during the day. We will see snow in the shadowed areas on the ground and from plows but flying snow is a rarity and wouldn't last long. Bring a jacket, you will need it at night on the ramp.

Randy, I am interested in the ziplining thing too biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 34 Days Till WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!

Don't waste your weekend! Get that car ready! The roads around Tahoe are some of the best 914 roads you will ever see. More curves than a Playboy Mansion party! See you there!
ConeDodger

[/size]Just 33 Days Left! And only 4 before the price goes up![size=4]

Get yourself registered. Time to start checking the nuts and bolts to make sure that they are tight and right. See you at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!
proto31
I just checked with Harvey's (I know, a little late) but the room rates for Friday are now $99 and for Saturday $179!! blink.gif Is there no code that we have for a group rate? Is there another hotel nearby that anyone would recommend?

Dan
Andyrew
Horizon is next to it and was running a sale last week ($63 average / night). I went through Hotels.com, but Expedia had the same price.
ConeDodger
32 Days to WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!

Get your registration and hotel reservation in! As you can see, the price goes up! That is the nature of the hotel business. As they get closer to full capacity they raise the price. Let's get going. Our registration price goes up Friday too!
proto31
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 12 2010, 08:15 AM) *

Horizon is next to it and was running a sale last week ($63 average / night). I went through Hotels.com, but Expedia had the same price.

Thanks, just booked my room with Horizon, it is now $73/ average per night, but it a lot better than Harvey's biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Is there a master list of who's going, paid etc? I need some stuff brought down from Oregon......
Rand
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Apr 12 2010, 11:34 AM) *
Is there a master list of who's going, paid etc?

Si.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=104900
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 31 Days To Go!

Come on people! We're so short we can dangle our feet off a dime here! Only two days left at the early-bird price and the hotels will only get more expensive from here so let's get those reservations and registrations made! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

This is it! Just 30 more days to go!

Only today and tomorrow to take advantage of the lower registration price and probably lower hotel prices. Let's get those registrations in guys! We want to see you at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Eric_Shea
$183 (plus 18 hours there and back) to drive or $198 (plus 3 hours there and back) to fly.

Anyone going to be near the Reno airport on Thursday?
Dr Evil
Dude, you have to go, either way. It would be nice to actually meet you. For me anyway. I tend to be a bit....clingy tongue.gif

John and I will be in a 914 so all that is left is my uncomfortable lap wink.gif
Eric_Shea
John and I will be in a 914 so all that is left is my uncomfortable lap

We could do that and talk about the first thing that pops up! ohmy.gif

Coming through SLC Wed.?
Rand
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 14 2010, 03:46 PM) *

I'm in Reno. If I have my 914 by then I won't have an extra seat to Tahoe, but could at least pick you up from the airport and give you a place to hang out until someone else with room comes through Reno. If I don't have the 914, then we'll have plenty of room in the sedan all the way.

Let me know if I can help.
Eric_Shea
Danke... we'll see how this plays out.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 14 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Danke... we'll see how this plays out.

Just make your reservations E. We will figure out how to get you around the pond and over to the hotel. Z. is over there in Reno. Rand is optimistic if he thinks his new to him 914 will run. I might be able to send Yopu in the 4Runner but I worry about your preference for exotic women from foreign places... sad.gif
Heck, McMark has a parking spot he uses in Reno when he breaks down on his way to RRC. You could just wait there! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Send Yopu... everything will be fine. wink.gif
jim_hoyland

$183 (plus 18 hours there and back) to drive or $198 (plus 3 hours there and back) to fly.

I'll be there around 12:50.... smile.gif Got a $39 SW Air flight
montoya 73 2.0
I'll be in Tahoe on Wednesday Afternoon. I could drive to Reno to get you. It's only an Hour away! Let me know, fivefourone28188twotwo.
jimtab
Eric, it's looking more and more like my sweetie won't be coming....if that is the case, I'll pick you up as I'm coming up on Thurs. am.......if you don't "hook up" for a threesome...... huh.gif
ConeDodger

Only 29 Days to Go and the price goes up at midnight tonight!!!

Oh Geez! Now it's a party. Shea and JimTab together again! Three night appearance at Harvey's Top 'O The Ramp Lounge under the starry sky! Tabor singing tenor in a kilt while Shea accompanies him on a stolen guitar! Don't miss this guys! Your ticket price gets you in to all three shows But the price goes up today!!!
Eric_Shea
wub.gif Ssssssssssssssssexy wub.gif
ConeDodger

Only 28 Days To Go!!!

You snoozed and lost out on the lower price but the good news is the cast of characters who are registered is an amazing list of 914 experts... Al and Harvey Weidman will be there and speak on wheels and just general history of Porsche in the 70's. Mike Lesniak (Dr. Evil) will speak on transmissions and if you pay him $5000.00 you can probably get your prostate checked. blink.gif Mikey914 will be there and I bet he can tell us some interesting stuff about what might be on the horizon at 914Rubber.Com. The price went up but look at who you get to meet and greet! Register up and come to WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe! biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
$5500 if he washes his hands first.....BTW, is Bradhole coming? I get first swing....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Apr 16 2010, 07:51 AM) *

$5500 if he washes his hands first.....BTW, is Bradhole coming? I get first swing....

I could ask him if you want Z. I bet he would.

Oh and $6000 if he wears a glove?
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Oh my gosh! 27 days to go!!!

The days are dwindling! Get your registration on! See you at the 'Big Pond' biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 14 2010, 06:36 PM) *

I'll be there around 12:50.... smile.gif Got a $39 SW Air flight

Tahoe must be beyond your 30mile limit? lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

26 Days!

This thing is shaping up nicely. We should all have a ball. Get those car polished up and running right because WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is just around the corner.
ConeDodger

Only 25 Days till WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!

This could be the most fun you will have with a 914 EVER! Not that they aren't fun everyday. Get those registrations in and make you convoy plans... See you in May!
ConeDodger

Only 24 days till WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!

It isn't too late to come on up and have some fun with the gang. Meet some people who have only been virtual friends and make them into actual friends. WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is the place to do that... Let's have some REAL fun biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Bring your acoustics geetars and we can all get funky! I will be bringing mine aktion035.gif
Millerwelds
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 20 2010, 02:11 PM) *

we can all get funky!

Seeing "we can all get funky" combined with your new avatar is just not cool! poke.gif
Eric_Shea
I will be bringing mine

Where are you going to put it Festus?
montoya 73 2.0
Is there a "under construction" category? My car needs to be painted. She will feel inadequate next to all those shiney cars!
Millerwelds
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 20 2010, 02:41 PM) *

Is there a "under construction" category? My car needs to be painted. She will feel inadequate next to all those shiney cars!

Just park next to mine. Nothing shiny to feel inadequate about!
ConeDodger

The days keep peeling off that calendar! 23 Days to go!!!

You got it! In only a little over three weeks the depravity begins. We have lots of fun planned. Thursday we meet and greet in the parking lot and tip a beer beerchug.gif while welcoming old friends and friends we don't know yet. Friday we drive around the lake with an optional photo rally. Friday afternoon we get some expert Porsche and 914 specific instruction from Harvey Weidman on wheels, Mike Lesniak on 901 gearboxes driving.gif , Eric Shea on brakes w00t.gif , Mark DeBernardi on rust repair sawzall-smiley.gif and welding welder.gif . Saturday we are off on the big drive and you will see sights you will never forget... Really! Saturday evening we will have a BBQ and by Sunday morning we should all be ready to head back to civilization right??? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Only 22 Days left as of the 22nd! Get those registrations in!

All the final plans are falling into place for the WCR2010. How about yours? Are you ready? Get those cars ready to rumble - 'cause it's on baby!!!
Eric_Shea
What all hotels are people going to that arnt the main hotel but within walking distance? Trying to be as cheap as reasonably possible.

Marriott Timber Lodge Villas... they have a pool and a pond. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just 21 Days! Three weeks! Get Ready!!!

Time's a tickin' Get those tubs put back together and those engines installed! Tune them for thin air and get ready to climb the hill to Tahoe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.