Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR2010 - Register Here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
ConeDodger
So is it rabbit ears with salmon this year Eric? I have to go shopping!
Eric_Shea
Dear God... what have I done? ohmy.gif

IPB Image
Joe Bob
As long as he doan rub his nipples, we b ok....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 2 2010, 06:25 PM) *

Dear God... what have I done? ohmy.gif

IPB Image

Ahhh... Sleeping Crain Style. His Kung Fu is very strong. rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
What was in those brownies? wink.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Snake-eyes! Just 11 days to go!

Better register up! If nothing else, this is going to be a party! drunk.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 10. We're in to single digits tomorrow. You ready?

Nothing left to do but pack and polish... I am ready for WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe! How about you?

Stole this pic from Z.' Facebook page... Yep! Z lives in heaven now!
ConeDodger

Just 8. But 8 is enough!

The days are winding down and we are ready! If you haven't made up your mind it is time to do it. WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is just 8 days away. Pack your bags and get ready to have some fun...
Joe Bob
I finished the GT lid.....I have the GT muff ready, just waiting on the install of the motor. THAT is outta my hands.

Click to view attachment

The back problem required that I have a 3rd party do that part. Weeelllll, it's down to the last week or more. The ride is 9 hours away, so my close to WCR residency is blowing up in my face.

It also needs a windshield. $350 plus installation down there, $240 installed up here.

IT DOES have a tow hitch on the front, so I can flat tow it home...
ConeDodger

Seven days and a wake up!

Not much time until the WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe event. Register up if you haven't. We want to see your car but we want to see you more. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just six! Then wake up and go to WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!

Time to polish them up.. Change that oil one more time. Get them final touches all wrapped up. See you next week at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!
PRS914-6
Today's view of Lake Tahoe...Lots of snow due to late season snows....Enjoy!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RoadGlue
Neat pics! Can't wait to see it in person. Looks like you're right seat in a small single or twin. What 'cha flying in? I've got my PPSEL, so always curious. smile.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
Due to popular demand, runningwolf
will again attend this annual event
of teeners & adolescents, will the
owners of these teeners never grow
up. At least there will be one adult
at this years event. I'm bringing my
mom!!!!! :driving
ConeDodger
For those of you who are wondering about the weather - the average high during WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is expected to be 64 degrees. The average low is something you will want to pay attention to if you are a ramp rat and want to spend the late evenings drinking and chatting... The average low will be just north of freezing at 38 degrees. Now since we plan on being on top of the ramp which is a large mass of concrete that will have absorbed heat all day, that might not be as big a problem as it sounds. Bottom line, bring a jacket and some gloves for the late night non-event of drinking and bullshitting on the ramp... drunk.gif

There is a 10% chance of precipitation on Saturday and you will probably be leaving Tahoe on Sunday under cloudy sky.

montoya 73 2.0
Half of the work day is gone!! Today is my last day of work till the 18th. I plan on leaving Southern Oregon on Wednesday 12th no later than 8am (the wife tells me I want to leave on this day and time). Should arrive in Tahoe around 2 pm just in time for check in! See you all on Thursday!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 7 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Half of the work day is gone!! Today is my last day of work till the 18th. I plan on leaving Southern Oregon on Wednesday 12th no later than 8am (the wife tells me I want to leave on this day and time). Should arrive in Tahoe around 2 pm just in time for check in! See you all on Thursday!

You should meet up with our caravan in Sacramento. I think you might be the only one there at 2pm... Caravan leaves Sacramento around 11:30am. Then we take the long way up the mountain...
jimtab
Hell, I'll be in Reno picking up my roomie by 11:30....hell we'll have a real head start now..... laugh.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif driving.gif barf.gif
Dr Evil
With you two I dont think you can call it "spooning" since you are more shaped like a ball than a spoon wink.gif poke.gif
montoya 73 2.0
So I won't be the only one there on Wednesday afternoon?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 7 2010, 08:11 PM) *

With you two I dont think you can call it "spooning" since you are more shaped like a ball than a spoon wink.gif poke.gif

Hey - hey - hey!!! It's not a beer belly! It's a liquid grain storage facility! biggrin.gif
McMark
I officially can't wait. I've got WCR on the brain. boldblue.gif

Is it Thursday yet?
lotus_65
looks cool but nice, wish i was going to be there!

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger

In case you haven't noticed WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is just 5 days and a wake up away!!!

Plans are coming together, plans are falling apart! Your planning committee is scrambling like crazy! This is going to be fun!
jimtab
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 7 2010, 09:11 PM) *

Evil, you may not understand this....but you can't drive a spike with a tack hammer..... poke.gif
ConeDodger

Just 4 days to go!

This is just too exciting to believe! WCR2010 is right around the corner... More than 70 people and lots to do and see... See ya'll Thursday at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe!!!
jim_hoyland
I was looking at the Havey's web page and took a few of the virtual tours, can you explain what the ramp is and where its located.
computers4kids
Anyone ever stay at Harveys? If you have a choice when you check-in, what block of rooms would be more desirable for the WCR?

What about car trailers & tow vehicles....any idea where they need to go or are they stored near our cars?

After point F on the caravan, you can go directly on route 50 or take the longer twisties route as planned. Is anyone going to try to keep-up with the carvan teeners that is towing on the "twisty" backside route? driving.gif

Michael N
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 9 2010, 06:45 AM) *

I was looking at the Havey's web page and took a few of the virtual tours, can you explain what the ramp is and where its located.

I think the take off ramp is located on the waters edge of the lake and the landing ramp is the one located on the right. Hopefully the lights will still be on when "That Guy"decides his car is fast enough to clear the gap.
aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Although I could be wrong so you're better checking with one of the organizers to be sure.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 9 2010, 07:01 AM) *

After point F on the caravan, you can go directly on route 50 or take the longer twisties route as planned. Is anyone going to try to keep-up with the carvan teeners that is towing on the "twisty" backside route? driving.gif

88 normally has some traffic and not all that many passing areas. I imagine we'll stop at some of the pull outs too, so if you got lost in the dust you'd be able to catch up from time to time. Really though, I don't see it being a race up the mountain, though I'm not leading the group. smile.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 9 2010, 08:01 AM) *

Anyone ever stay at Harveys? If you have a choice when you check-in, what block of rooms would be more desirable for the WCR?

The place is like a city; I'd like to know too.
McMark
Here's the best I can do. We'll be meeting at the top of the parking structure, but trucks/trailers will probably not be allowed up there, so you'll be parking behind the structure.
Elliot Cannon
I had a great time in Tahoe this weekend. driving.gif I must say however I was very much disappointed at the dismal attendance at this years WCR. It seemed like I was the only 914 in attendance. I can only hope that the planners of next years event do a much better job of organizing. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 9 2010, 07:06 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 9 2010, 06:45 AM) *

I think the take off ramp is located on the waters edge of the lake and the landing ramp is the one located on the right. Hopefully the lights will still be on when "That Guy"decides his car is fast enough to clear the gap.
aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Although I could be wrong so you're better checking with one of the organizers to be sure.

No. That's right Michael. You first though lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland
So, the top of the ramp refers to the outdoor parking structure ?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 9 2010, 09:32 AM) *

So, the top of the ramp refers to the outdoor parking structure ?

Yes! smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 9 2010, 09:21 AM) *

I had a great time in Tahoe this weekend. driving.gif I must say however I was very much disappointed at the dismal attendance at this years WCR. It seemed like I was the only 914 in attendance. I can only hope that the planners of next years event do a much better job of organizing. sad.gif

Oh oh... Elliot is in a time-warp again. Someone get the electrodes, time for more shock therapy. blink.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Oh oh... Elliot is in a time-warp again. Someone get the electrodes, time for more shock therapy. blink.gif

Too much time at high altitudes beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 9 2010, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Too much time at high altitudes beerchug.gif

He is back close to sea level now but his head is still pressurized!!! av-943.gif
Joe Bob
fixe4d...
Joe Bob
double post.... lol-2.gif
zx-niner
OK, I'm an idiot. I knew WCR was the 3rd weekend of the month yet the calendar in my head only saw four weekends in May. I knew I had other things the last and next to last weekends so haven't paid too close attention to all things WCR. But in talking to Computers4Kids yesterday I suddenly realized there was an extra full weekend in May and I had to mentally rearrange my internal calendar. The clouds parted and I realized that I was free for the WCR weekend!

It's too late to plan vacation from work, but I am now registered and will be arriving Saturday morning. Pending unforseen circumstances we will be driving the 914. Hopefully I haven't used up my quota of troublefree miles since in the last month or so we have taken the car to Sacramento (Conedodger's coffee & donut Porsche reunion), Sonoma (McMark's Original Customs), Las Vegas (visit the kids) and Visalia (Computers4Kids).

Looking forward to meeting everyone else!
McMark
Damn, I hate that animation. icon8.gif

Glad to hear it's working out for you Steve.
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.