Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment

Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 3 days then wake up and go. WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is right around the corner!

This is going to be great! Mountain air, good friends, good cars, gambling, a wee bit of a nip to keep the cold away (honest Yopu!)... See you at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe in just a couple days!

Oh, and Dave - there is no smoking allowed on the California side of Tahoe biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I got some sad news this morning. One of the best friends of Harvey Weidman has passed away. These two have been friends for decades and the man was as important to the Southern California car scene in its infancy as Harvey is to the Porsche world. Harvey will be unable to attend as he is going to be going to the funeral in Southern California on Friday. In his place, his brother Al who started the wheel business will be talking on Porsche wheels and the history and culture of Porsche wheels. The lot will be filled with examples of Al and Harvey's work. My condolences to Harvey on the loss of his friend.
GTeener
Not going after all.... Haven't gotten GTEENER diagnosed & fixed and I need to move but new rental destination is still unknown. DDAY is June 30th. I have a ton of crap to purge before moving anywhere. I need every available weekend from now until then for domestic activities hissyfit.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
How many are registered?
The tahoe police & ladies organization
against red lite districts needs to
know....
biosurfer1
You can find the current list of registered participants in this thread
merrill
It is currently dumping snow up here at an unexpected rate. Just drove home past at least 4 cars and trucks in the ditch. Not to worry, it will melt by late Wednesday and provide nice clean roadways for all!
biosurfer1
Thats what I'm hoping for Merrill...according to the news, we're supposed to be in mid 80's down here by Wednesday!
computers4kids
Rand
QUOTE(merrill @ May 10 2010, 04:30 PM) *

It is currently dumping snow up here at an unexpected rate. Just drove home past at least 4 cars and trucks in the ditch. Not to worry, it will melt by late Wednesday and provide nice clean roadways for all!

This is the craziest weather in years. Should be great this WCR weekend, buy OY!!
Dr Evil
No turning back now! I am leaving in 5hrs 50min wink.gif
Rand
Worst case scenario, just make sure you are packing chains. Shouldn't need to use them, but, weird-ass conditions you may need to pack them.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Rand @ May 10 2010, 09:20 PM) *

Worst case scenario, just make sure you are packing chains. Shouldn't need to use them, but, weird-ass conditions you may need to pack them.

I'm not going to bring them. I'm going to buy those $300 sets from the side of the road up there. Lucky for me the weather man says 0% chance of snow for the rest of the week.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Rand @ May 10 2010, 08:20 PM) *

I doubt I have the clearance for chains in the rear with 205/55/15 on stock 2.0 fuchs. I don't think they'll be needed anyways.

Did take a 914 up to Tahoe in the middle of winter back in the late 90's. Had to run skinny wheels and tires off my friend's bug. Lot of fun! Even drove around with the top off while it was snowing. smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Which is the best way for towing, 50 or 207?
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

We're down to just 2 days! WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe is right around the corner...

So once again, I checked the forecast this morning and I find that light snow is falling in South Lake Tahoe even as I type this. But that is no problem! The rest of our stay is forecast as mid-60 degree highs and high-30's for lows. We will see standing snow and the roads will likely have some melt water on them. Bring a jacket and some gloves and you will be very comfortable.
Rand
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 10 2010, 09:29 PM) *

I doubt I have the clearance for chains in the rear with 205/55/15 on stock 2.0 fuchs. I don't think they'll be needed anyways.

Did take a 914 up to Tahoe in the middle of winter back in the late 90's. Had to run skinny wheels and tires off my friend's bug. Lot of fun! Even drove around with the top off while it was snowing. smile.gif

This pic was yesterday in Truckee, east of the summit on i80 where many of our WCR attendees will be driving through. It was snowing again this morning. It's been a strange winter/spring for weather here. But forecast for the rest of the week is nice.
PRS914-6
I just took this picture of the Sacramento Valley at 8:25AM. Shot from 30 miles east of Sacramento. The storm has moved on and not a cloud in the sky. The mountains will shortly follow. No worries, it should be clear but cool by tomorrow.

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 10 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Snow?! Chains?! WTF.gif Are you trying to scare me? Anything below 50 degrees F I lose conciousness. (Do they make chains for 275/40/17)?
Rand
biggrin.gif No worries. Forecast is good now.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Rand @ May 11 2010, 09:49 AM) *

How many times have I heard that before? lol-2.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Rand @ May 11 2010, 08:49 AM) *

And we all know how good California weather people are at predicting the weather rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
With temps. close to freezing at night, how many will be participating in the time honored tradition of standing out in the parking lot shooting the $hit, drinking beer, shooting TAKILLYA etc.?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 11 2010, 11:19 AM) *

With temps. close to freezing at night, how many will be participating in the time honored tradition of standing out in the parking lot shooting the $hit, drinking beer, shooting TAKILLYA etc.?

Outdoor heat lamps ??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 11 2010, 11:19 AM) *

Why would that make a difference? confused24.gif

As long as we can prevent Tabor from kicking the tops off the sprinklers, we should be fine ...
lol-2.gif Andy
ConeDodger
86 and sunny in Sacramento on Thursday. Weather here in Sac moves East. Should be fine up there. Cool but not uncomfortable... Unless you pass out in the grass. Let's drink on the buddy system. drunk.gif
mstein95
Just got the time off approved (better late than never). Now where is that registration info at at again........ oh yeah page 1.

Sounds like I'll be following you Jamie. You got room on that trailor for 2 cars just in case of snow?
merrill
Looking outside right now and it is still overcast and chilly. The meltdown started this morning and is still dripping and plows are out cleaning up the mess. At one point yesterday, I had to stop 3 times because I couldn't see past the windshield! I took my son to swim lessons in Truckee and the 80 W bound was a parking lot for ill prepared vehicles.
Joe Bob
58F and slight overcast in Carson City....1/2 hour drive to the west.
GTeener
I can't come but this is the best traffic resource for driving to Tahoe http://video.dot.ca.gov
I use it when preparing to go up on ski trips driving-girl.gif
Roads look clear in Truckee smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(GTeener @ May 11 2010, 04:05 PM) *

I can't come but this is the best traffic resource for driving to Tahoe http://video.dot.ca.gov
I use it when preparing to go up on ski trips driving-girl.gif
Roads look clear in Truckee smile.gif

Pretty cool. Check out Paso Robles 101 and 46 East. It's about 2 minutes from my house.
biosurfer1
Check out http://video.dot.ca.gov/asx/d3-ski-run-50.asx ..its right down the street from where we will be. Looking good!
ConeDodger
Totally ready! This morning I made one good distributor out of two bad ones stuck it in and tuned it by ear... Got it very close and drove the 80 miles to McMark's shop. Randy and Mark were chillin' and we finished making up the awards, and tuned my car to within an inch of perfect. On the drive home she had a CHT 50 degrees cooler than any I have previously noted. The engine had more power and wanted to go like the wind!

I hope Jim and Mary drive it up with the group drive because it would be a shame to waste the trip up on a trailer!

Oh, and Randy took a very cool pic of my car WITHOUT GARBAGE CANS in the background!!! biggrin.gif
jimtab
A word of warning for flatlanders who aren't used to the white stuff, there is the "black" stuff.....beware of black ice, especially on overpasses and bridges and in the shade in early morning.....bad stuff, it's a surprise skid pad....you'll like it until it hits something. See you there, I'm driving up at 0:30 to pick up Shea...I'll be watching for the black stuff for sure. See everyone there, prepare to get your "Scotch" on..... av-943.gif rolling.gif smoke.gif clap56.gif
Justinp71
Ok looks like all the cool people are going up Thursday... smile.gif

I plan to be at highway 50 and hazel exit around 4-5pm on Friday, does anyone want to meet there and caravan up?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 11 2010, 09:10 PM) *

Ok looks like all the cool people are going up Thursday... smile.gif

I plan to be at highway 50 and hazel exit around 4-5pm on Friday, does anyone want to meet there and caravan up?

Yes... The t-shirt chick. They will not be ready till Friday and I need someone to bring them up. She's hot. She's blond. And if you can talk her into it, you can bring the t-shirts and her biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

1 day and then wake up and go!!! WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe starts tomorrow!!!

Why am I still reminding you? We have gotten registrations yesterday! People are still signing up. We have over 80 people signed up for this event. This is going to be a blast!!! See you tomorrow at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe.
Eric_Shea
Old picture... get on the ball Sime! Do you need a card for the keg?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 12 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Old picture... get on the ball Sime! Do you need a card for the keg?

I am just giving the reading impaired something to look at so they can turn and say "hey, what is everyone excited about?" smile.gif

What kind of a card? You mean some kind of drivers license? Yes... They card everyone in California... Not so much Nevada. If you mean for the deposit yes. A credit card will hold it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.