Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Johny Blackstain
Got 3 Spring issues yesterday
blush.gif
rudedude
I received my 2nd copy yesterday of issue #5, hope this wasn't meant for someone who didn't receive theirs.
stevegm
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 19 2016, 07:18 AM) *

Got 3 Spring issues yesterday
blush.gif

Al, I sent you a few extra copies since your car is featured in the issue.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jul 20 2016, 09:33 AM) *

Al, I sent you a few extra copies since your car is featured in the issue.

blush.gif
dlkawashima
Never received #5 sad.gif
Minerva's 914
Subscribed June 29th, haven't received mag, I did receive an email confirming my order and my PayPal was debited. Should I be worried or does it just take a while?
EdwardBlume
I'm still waiting on one too. Thx
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 8 2016, 11:54 AM) *

When did you subscribe?
North Coast Jim
I also ordered and PayPal debited some time ago. Haven't received mine yet either.
white1975
have not got my # 5 yet thanks Kerry
914Next
Sorry but I've not received the last couple of issues. Not sure why. I think I actually only received two. Kept waiting but at this point I guess there must be something wrong?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Aug 8 2016, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 8 2016, 11:54 AM) *

When did you subscribe?

6 months ago or so.
dlkawashima

When did you subscribe?

Ah geez, that was it ... forgot to renew my subscription.

beerchug.gif

Note to self ...

Click to view attachment

RENEWED!
Minerva's 914
Just checked my original order and there may be a problem with the mailing address. It is my office address that I use all the time but in this case the business name does not appear on the address only the suite number. I'm PM'ing Steve to make a clarification of the mailing address and see if that helps.

I really want to help make this work and support our community. It might be helpful if Steve would chime in here.
turk22
Steve,

I've gotten your recent emails, but every time I replay, I'm getting an "Undeliverable" message back, saying you are out of quota.

I tried to send you the next column, but I don't think you received it, or any of my replies since last night.

PM me if you have an alternate email I can try.

Thanks,
SteveT
stevegm
QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 11 2016, 09:47 AM) *

Steve,

I've gotten your recent emails, but every time I replay, I'm getting an "Undeliverable" message back, saying you are out of quota.

I tried to send you the next column, but I don't think you received it, or any of my replies since last night.

PM me if you have an alternate email I can try.

Thanks,
SteveT

Ya, my storage had reached its limit. But, I fixed it. It should work fine now.

Thanks,
Steve
stevegm
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Aug 9 2016, 05:16 AM) *

When did you subscribe?

Ah geez, that was it ... forgot to renew my subscription.

beerchug.gif

Note to self ...

Click to view attachment

RENEWED!

Ya, most of the time when someone doesn't get their issue, it is a renewal issue. Or someone moved, and we don't have their current address. We send out an email about a month before the subscription renews, to remind people to renew. But, people forget to renew. Now that our subscription base has grown to a good size, we are purchasing a database system that will help handle renewals.

If anyone did not receive their Spring issue, please email us at - fourteenermotoring@gmail.com. The person that handles subscriptions isn't on 914world, and by emailing them at that address, it will ensure that you get to the right person and your subscription can be checked.
Cal
Steve, can you please send me the spring copy of the mag.....I never received the new larger issue. I subscribed back in April and received the back issues that I ordered (#1-3).
Thanks
Jeff Brinton
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 23 2016, 12:28 PM) *

Steve, can you please send me the spring copy of the mag.....I never received the new larger issue. I subscribed back in April and received the back issues that I ordered (#1-3).
Thanks
Jeff Brinton

Jeff, the best advise is in the post just above from Steve;

"If anyone did not receive their Spring issue, please email us at - fourteenermotoring@gmail.com. The person that handles subscriptions isn't on 914world, and by emailing them at that address, it will ensure that you get to the right person and your subscription can be checked."

I got my spring issue a couples weeks ago and it's very good

Brady
Cal
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Aug 23 2016, 01:25 PM) *

Thanks
Jeff Brinton

"If anyone did not receive their Spring issue, please email us at - fourteenermotoring@gmail.com. The person that handles subscriptions isn't on 914world, and by emailing them at that address, it will ensure that you get to the right person and your subscription can be checked."

Brady

Thanks Brady.... I've emailed him twice so far.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 23 2016, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Aug 23 2016, 01:25 PM) *

Thanks
Jeff Brinton

Brady

Thanks Brady.... I've emailed him twice so far.

Gotcha

Brady
Mike Bellis
I'm pretty much done with this mag. I subscribed when my car was featured and Steve was nice enough to send me 4-5 copies of that issue. I received the next issue and that was it. Not sure what happened.

I know Steve has a lot on his plate and running this mag and a day job is tough. I wish him well but I don't expect to see another copy.
Coondog
PP my money on June 30th. Never received a mag. Never received 914 world stickers either............never get a response back from my private messages ???

Steve my PP is under my business name Firedog Training. Please step up, not anyway to run a business or hobby.

Minerva's 914
Now, let's calm down a bit guys. I also PP'd $ at the end of June and complained in an earlier post about not receiving anything. I then sent a PM to Steve and got a reply that my order came in after the spring issue was shipped and my subscription would start with the fall issue. That seems reasonable and I do want 914 support businesses to survive, so I will take a chill pill and give him a chance. If my experience proves my trust to be unwarranted believe me I will revolt but I believe it's way too early for that now.
Kaeferfreund
Hi guys,

did anybody know whether the summer issue (#6) is published, yet?

Steve seems to have some problems delivering abroad idea.gif

Hope, we will get it in the weeks to come.
Andyrew
They are finishing it up now.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 6 2016, 03:52 PM) *

They are finishing it up now.

Click to view attachment
Cal
Has the summer issue gone out yet?.....fall has officially started today.
sfrenck
Bump... confused24.gif
I'll take a partial subscription refund if the magazine isn't going to done any longer.
Minerva's 914
I received my summer issue late last week
sb914
Got mine !
stevegm
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 18 2016, 06:08 PM) *

Bump... confused24.gif
I'll take a partial subscription refund if the magazine isn't going to done any longer.

I just PM'd you to get your name and address so I can confirm your copy was mailed. We have no plans to stop publishing the magazine. Most of the distribution issues have been largely worked through. Renewals are brutal to keep up with, because it is very laborious to remind everyone to renew. And 90% of the time when someone didn't get the issue it is because their subscription expired and they forgot to renew. We are still working through the best way to handle that.

The magazine schedule is aligned with the major 914 events of the year. We want to be able to cover those events in a timely fashion after the event. So we publish at the end of each calendar season, as follows:

Winter Issue - January/February/March
Spring issue - April/May/June
Summer Issue - July/August/September
Fall Issue - October/November/December

International issues lag a couple weeks because it takes longer to get there, as well as the fact that they are bundled separately.
North Coast Jim
Sent my subscription in on June 30th by PP. Haven't received the Mag nor any response to PM's either. Frustrated Newbie
stevegm
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Oct 18 2016, 07:37 PM) *

Sent my subscription in on June 30th by PP. Haven't received the Mag nor any response to PM's either. Frustrated Newbie

I just PM'd you. There isn't a shipping address in your order. PM it to me and I will update our system and mail you a copy tomorrow.
Andyrew
Got mine today smile.gif
Kaeferfreund
Delivered in Germany on Monday! chowtime.gif
NS914
got my magazine with the 914-S last week...read cover to cover!
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 18 2016, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Oct 18 2016, 07:37 PM) *

I just PM'd you. There isn't a shipping address in your order. PM it to me and I will update our system and mail you a copy tomorrow.

Thanks Steve received my mag a few days ago. Would have replied sooner but I can't put the thing down. Great Magazine. Keep up the good work.
Towarish
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Oct 19 2016, 11:53 AM) *

Delivered in Germany on Monday! chowtime.gif

It seems northern germany is privileged
Nothing arrived in bavaria mad.gif
Cal
Any idea on when the fall issue is due out?
RARE 6
This subscriber wouldn't mind receiving the summer issue while awaiting the fall one. Have only received January and Spring issues.
Towarish
I made my subscription in jan. and got issue 4
For issue5 (spring) I had to ask 2 times and received it in august.
After that nothing more !
I asked for a refund, but no answer at all.
I´m done with fourteener motoring magazine !
Cal
What ever happened to this magazine.....is it dead? I was looking forward to receiving the fall and winter issues.....
billh1963
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 25 2017, 02:16 PM) *

What ever happened to this magazine.....is it dead? I was looking forward to receiving the fall and winter issues.....

I'm the editor for a British car club magazine and I know there is a delay between the time you submit your PDF's for publication and when they actually print and mail. We publish quarterly as well and our latest issue (that I completed around January 1) is just now being received by our subscribers. If he uses MGXCopy (as we do) he may have similar lead times.

I have learned over the last year that getting a magazine published is very easy (and not that expensive!). For instance, for our small magazine of 300 copies (about 250 mailed domestically and 50 mailed internationally) the cost is around $1,000. Of course, advertising more than covers that cost.

*Saddle-Stitched Booklets
*Document Length: 28 Pages/Document
*Paper Type: 80 lb. Text, Gloss
*Dimension: 8.5"x11" (Portrait)
*Color Printing: Color Printing
*Finishing: 100 lb. Cover, Gloss

All the work is in getting good content. beer.gif
stevegm
It's true - good content is hard to come by. But we have added a couple new writers. The content side is going well.

The lead times aren't really an issue. We plan them in. We adjusted the publication dates last year to better cover major 914 events, and to work with the distributor's schedule. But getting accurate distribution has been a challenge. Along with managing the timing of subscriptions and renewals. Too many of our subscribers aren't receiving them on time. And we are getting too many returned to us undelivered. We were farming the distribution out. I have decided to bring it back in house and handle it internally. So at least I will be able to know exactly who was mailed what, and when. In the next week, we will be able to publish specific publication dates (that I have management over) so that everyone knows exactly when to expect each issue this year. Thank you for your patience. We are still publishing, and plan to continue.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 25 2017, 10:43 PM) *

It's true - good content is hard to come by. But we have added a couple new writers. The content side is going well.

The lead times aren't really an issue. We plan them in. We adjusted the publication dates last year to better cover major 914 events, and to work with the distributor's schedule. But getting accurate distribution has been a challenge. Along with managing the timing of subscriptions and renewals. Too many of our subscribers aren't receiving them on time. And we are getting too many returned to us undelivered. We were farming the distribution out. I have decided to bring it back in house and handle it internally. So at least I will be able to know exactly who was mailed what, and when. In the next week, we will be able to publish specific publication dates (that I have management over) so that everyone knows exactly when to expect each issue this year. Thank you for your patience. We are still publishing, and plan to continue.

Don't give up, Steve! smilie_wirdgut.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Jan 29 2017, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 25 2017, 10:43 PM) *

Don't give up, Steve! smilie_wirdgut.gif

We won't give up. It's an honor to get to put it together. I underestimated the distribution issues when we started. And now we have a pretty large subscription and vendor base to manage when they go out. But, we will get the distribution fixed. I promise. I should have known it would be the hardest part of this thing. When I was at GRM/Classic Motorsports, keeping the subscriptions straight was a nightmare. They did a great job with it. But, it was a PITA. Changed addresses, renewals, slow mail, over seas issues. I think we have made a lot of headway bringing it in-house. I hope we have it nailed down now. I certainly appreciate everyone's patience. And if anyone ever has an issue, feel free to pm me or email me personally. I am happy help get it right.
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
BillC
Did the Fall 2016 issue ever go out? The last issue I received was Summer 2016. I sent you a couple of PMs asking about this, but never received a reply.
stevegm
QUOTE(BillC @ Jan 30 2017, 09:59 AM) *

Did the Fall 2016 issue ever go out? The last issue I received was Summer 2016. I sent you a couple of PMs asking about this, but never received a reply.

Yep. I will PM you and send you another copy. I am cleaning up a few that didn't receive it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.