Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlaw 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
carr914
Finally some pictures instead of debate of what an Outlaw is!

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 26 2015, 06:51 PM) *
Hey, thanks for posting this TC thumb3d.gif

I had an orange one with OEM Fuch wheels on my desk at work several years ago smile.gif ... I lost track of the template though dry.gif

They hold up well if you print them on good thick card stock cool_shades.gif
whitetwinturbo
...............Outlaw?

How about this rat rod.

Total Felony?

TJB/914
Just wondering?? stirthepot.gif

Is the Sir Andy "Limo" an outlaw?? popcorn[1].gif confused24.gif

Tom
whitetwinturbo
.........ground effects 'outlandish'

Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
Let me put the yellow car on the list of things I can't unsee...
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Aug 27 2015, 03:15 PM) *

Just wondering?? stirthepot.gif

Is the Sir Andy "Limo" an outlaw?? popcorn[1].gif confused24.gif

Tom

Yes! first.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 27 2015, 04:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in what world was that EVER a good looking car?! And yes, I lived through disco and IMSA and Corvette Summer but I've never wanted anything even close to that. Hope someone is happy with their decision! blink.gif barf.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 28 2015, 12:01 AM) *

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in what world was that EVER a good looking car?! And yes, I lived through disco and IMSA and Corvette Summer but I've never wanted anything even close to that. Hope someone is happy with their decision! blink.gif barf.gif

I think that car needs all those crazy body mods because you know it's a really fast car. Look, it has eight tailpipes! That car must go 200mph. Ha ha ha ha!!!! icon_bump.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Aug 28 2015, 12:14 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 28 2015, 12:01 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I think that car needs all those crazy body mods because you know it's a really fast car. Look, it has eight tailpipes! That car must go 200mph. Ha ha ha ha!!!! icon_bump.gif

Actually, I think they got some design cues from the boxes sitting on that loading dock!
matthepcat
I am liking where this thread is going.
mgp4591
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 28 2015, 01:19 AM) *

I am liking where this thread is going.

Actually, I'd like to see more detail on your flares. I know you said they were 911 in the rear and I don't think you have any in front but if you know how they were sourced
(I'm thinking just cut off the donor?) or any other details, I'd really appreciate it- I love the look out back! shades.gif Oh, and there's no such thing as too many pictures...!
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 27 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I think I would have liked this, when I was 5 biggrin.gif It looks like some really wealthy Dad let his 5 yr old design it lol-2.gif
Vroom vroom!
whitetwinturbo
..............and check out the "button-down" roof of that banana chair.gif !

Hey, even YOU can join the party:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

....at least this one has the regular roof aktion035.gif
LeftCoastErik
IMO (which may not be worth much..) the Outlaw thing in the 911 world has gotten a little too broad in terms of its use. The 356 crowd seems to have a more defined version of an Outlaw.
I certainly don't think there needs to be a separate group for 914 Outlaws, but I do think that there are definitely cars that should or could be considered worthy of the classification.
For me, like with 911s or 356s, the term refers to the feeling the car evokes when seen, heard or driven. There is no formula, no set of parts to buy, its more than that. An Outlaw flies in the face of convention.
So, a GT clone or a 6cyl swap with a 5-lug conversion--probably not an Outlaw. A car with a turbocharged 3.2 and other goodies, probably is an Outlaw. Non Pcar engine swaps-maybe. Cars that have been stripped of all unnecessary stuff (but are still "finished"), have race seats, big brakes, big wheels and tires and sound like a demon from hell is trying to get out of the exhaust pipes...those are outlaws. Mean, nasty, angry Outlaws.
Mike Bellis
I guess we are all outlaws. Why else would we drive 914's?
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 28 2015, 08:49 PM) *

I guess we are all outlaws. Why else would we drive 914's?

Mike, your car is definitely Outlaw! I don't think anyone would dispute that!
Larmo63
Seriously, that yellow blown car could not have EVER looked cool.

Could it?
914forme
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 29 2015, 01:27 AM) *

Seriously, that yellow blown car could not have EVER looked cool.

Could it?

Yes as a Hot Wheels Version. Then I could have poured lighter fluid all over it, and burnt it to the ground, as I drove it off the equally scaled cliff, in the creek below.

Now it would be in Forza as your pimped out 914, and all the 5 year olds would be smoking your ass on the game, not because it would really work like that in real life.

Maybe it was built for the new Mad Max film, and got rejected, because he forgot the horns, guns, and flames.

I am sure if it shot fire out it 8 tail pipes, I could get a sweet job with Nascar as a track dryer. aktion035.gif
URY914
Is this outlaw enough........

Click to view attachment

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 29 2015, 03:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes! aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis

Click to view attachment

No. The wing is too small... beer.gif
whitetwinturbo
............"outlaw" wing envey:woohoo:

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby

Click to view attachment

It may be outlaw...but what percentage of a real 914 is left...by weight?

lol2.gif poke.gif

:luv you man:
euro911
Just popping off the stock hub caps gives it an outlaw look (to me). The 5.5" stock wheels look even better ...

IPB Image
Porschef
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 29 2015, 06:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Really? That's an aerofoil. Same principle as the America's Cup catamaran. A good stiff breeze and she's flying. I love it.

I backdated my bumpers, not so outlaw. The yellow car, however, should be outlawed.
But I have to say, looking at the rear, makes me think of motor boating, aka brunski... laugh.gif
LeftCoastErik
I don't think racecars can really be outlaws. There's usually no question about what a racecar is. Questionably legal cars with a valid license plate...them r Outlaws
euro911
Was this a prop car for the Back to the Fuchture movie? poke.gif

IPB Image
okieflyr
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 29 2015, 12:43 PM) *

............"outlaw" wing envey:woohoo:

Click to view attachment

I believe this was my inspiration car that has an Audi 1.8t back in the day.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 29 2015, 01:32 PM) *

Just popping off the stock hub caps gives it an outlaw look (to me). The 5.5" stock wheels look even better ...

IPB Image

We all agree that you are an outlaw. The car, not so much... evilgrin.gif
euro911
laugh.gif

That isn't my car, although Dianne's car will be running with some 5.5" powder-coated steelies, no caps and 185s for a while ... until I obtain another nice set of ATS Classics aktion035.gif
whitetwinturbo
..........the yellow monster DOES have a license plate gunner.gif so it could be an outlaw ....and check out the cooling "plate" behind the roof ...
LeftCoastErik
The yellow car is just tasteless and horrifying.
LeftCoastErik
The yellow car is just tasteless and horrifying.
matthepcat
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 29 2015, 05:23 PM) *

Was this a prop car for the Back to the Fuchture movie? poke.gif

IPB Image

Needs more exhaust pipes to be outlaw
matthepcat
Lol.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-door-/...7505?nav=SEARCH

Outlaw of interior mods and stickers?
Andyrew
Looks like a really solid car. Its obvious that the guy was very proud of it smile.gif

That being said, certainly much different than most people's taste. Sad thing is this is EXACTLY what is happening to modern performance cars, they buy a bunch of bolt on bling.
oldschool
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 24 2015, 11:15 PM) *

Another view of Jay's Dusenberg...outlaw style, but not for long.
This Cars+Coffee goes off each Sunday, 7am at Westfields Topanga Canyon blvd.Click to view attachment

yep I've seen that thing being built at the garage......sweet.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 30 2015, 11:51 PM) *

Looks like a really solid car. Its obvious that the guy was very proud of it smile.gif

That being said, certainly much different than most people's taste. Sad thing is this is EXACTLY what is happening to modern performance cars, they buy a bunch of bolt on bling.

Ugly Corvette spoiler on the back, self proclaimed "big brake" setup with 4 lug wheels and a 23mm master cylinder....hmmm. Not to mention the tasteless graphics- thank heavens they can be taken off with a hair dryer. Money does not equal class...
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 31 2015, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 30 2015, 11:51 PM) *

Ugly Corvette spoiler on the back, self proclaimed "big brake" setup with 4 lug wheels and a 23mm master cylinder....hmmm. Not to mention the tasteless graphics- thank heavens they can be taken off with a hair dryer. Money does not equal class...

and engine bay by Medusa ...
Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
It's got the NOS, bro. Two bottles....the big ones
Root_Werks
Original 914-6, not much stock about it when this picture was taken.
jkb944t
My 914 is such an outlaw that it is hiding out on a rotisserie until it is safe to come out of hiding.

Click to view attachment

Hopefully it goes to media blasting in the next few weeks and then to the painter to further disguise it’s true outlaw identity!

Jeff B
whitetwinturbo
..........the number of louvers could be one of the ways to possibly know you just had an 'outlaw' sighting......... beer3.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.