Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlaw 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
1stworks
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 2 2015, 07:23 AM) *

Outlaw means no rules. If you have to look up the rules for what's outlaw and what's not there's a pretty fair chance your car is not outlaw.

piratenanner.gif
beerchug.gif
1stworks
outlaw....

IPB Image
sb914
Outlaw 911Click to view attachment
JPIII
Click to view attachment

Nuff said
914forme
Welcome to 914 world ssuperflyoldguy, but according to your list outlaws need to have chrome to be an outlaw. Thats not on my list.
Nice reference to vanishing point BTW

To me an outlaw is an outlaw, by being devoid of anything that does not provide the car the ability to "go" better than the factory intended. How you get there is your choice, if people think your crazy, that is a big plus in my book. And being well engineered is a bigger plus.

Chrome is a personal preference, but if it weighs more than the non chromed part, it is getting chucked from my build.

Only time I will add weight to a car is if it meets a personal need. So steel roof, yes, lack of needing a roll bar, that just saved me 45 pounds. Adding A/c to make a cross country drive, to do a one-lap race, and do it in comfort because I know I am doing it for the experience, and not to win the event. I'll add the A/C, I'll also add the trailer hitch, as I can't have a support vehicle or be towed around the one-lap events. Radio, because driving across country in the middle of Kansas you need something more than conversation while your co-pilot catches some shut eye. Finding the latest solutions I can that meets the needs of the car and the event it is being built for, heck yes. So things like wiper motor weight are things I look at. you can save over 2 pounds my updating your wiper motor.

I'll add weight to re-enforce suspension points, I will drill a hole in something, or remove it if it does not need to be there or has no function in my world. E-brake has function, fog lights have function, driving lights, will be removable, as I do race a few night events, and its is good to see, and be seen. Cell phone holder, and bluetooth connectivity, yes, I am getting soft, but then I am on call 24x7, and sometimes people need you to do what you do best.

Build your car they way you want, if it is done well. I'll most likely appreciate it. But if you hate my car because I removed trim, added a steel roof, run A/C, have a radio, a fire system, and a stock gas tank, so be it. I'll let you do what you do, and I'll do what I do.

Cars should be like fine art, push the limits when released and become classic once it has aged. I like punk rock, but I now hear the Ramones in the elevator on the Vegas strip. Nothing says I lost my edge like being played in an elevator.
euro911
If I drive mine after the tags expire, it's an outlaw poke.gif
DBCooper
I think it's interesting that this thread has 16 pages and it's apparent everyone has a slightly different definition. We've all SEEN outlaw cars and WE know what that means, but the next guy has a slightly different idea. I suspect that for the concours guys all the rest of us are outlaws (and worse) while at the way other end of the spectrum the highly modified race guys think everyone who hasn't unbolted and tossed every trim piece lacks commitment and is slow. Somewhere in between are the outlaws, but none of the rest of us can agree exactly where. No matter, I guess, if there were actual rules for "outlaws" how could you follow them and still call yourself an "outlaw"?

raynekat
QUOTE(JPIII @ Dec 2 2015, 07:25 AM) *

That is definitely an outlaw 914.
JP, I haven't seen Britain's (your ex) car in many moons.
It sure has morphed since the good ole days when you let me take it for an auto-x run every so often.
Wow!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 2 2015, 12:32 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 21 2015, 08:10 AM) *

Since we all know that there are some awesome "Outlaw 914s" represented on 914world, I thought it might be cool to start a thread. Show us your "Outlaw" rides.

mmmm - Outlaw says something a little vintage, lowered, acceptable vintage wheels, performance modifications but kinda vintage go fast at first glance, not too shiny, primer helps, cool exhaust note, soot around it. What's German for moonshine runner? - but I think until Magnus builds one, we won't really know.
My take:
I like GT flares, not Outlaw however- can't show a pic yet as I don't have it in my driveway yet but soon...
Fattest tire pushing limit's of stock (or at least appearing stock) contributes to Outlaw
Patina Fuchs, Outlaw
Full polished Fuchs, not Outlaw
really nice stock lugnuts, not Outlaw
Extended wheel studs, Outlaw
drilled out stuff, Outlaw,
color matched mirrors, not Outlaw,
polished stock old school chrome, Outlaw
Leaving the old chrome, Outlaw
Shaving door handles, not Outlaw because they are Chrome.
Picard, not Outlaw
Kirk, seriously?
Taking out the trash, not Outlaw
Taking out the trash and stopping to look at your Outlaw, Outlaw
Slammed, Outlaw
reg ride height, not outlaw (unless rallied recently - see unwashed below)
Go fast stickers or real #'s, Outlaw
unwashed, Outlaw
Monster Energy Stickers, not Outlaw unless they paid you to pimp them around...
Bride seats, not Outlaw
Empty pill bottle of crosstops, Outlaw (very Kowalski)
If you know who Kowalski is, you get Outlaw street Cred even if you drive a GeoMetro
OE800 or King Cobra, Outlaw
Going wine tasting in your Outlaw, not Outlaw
Going on a tach-check thru wine country, Outlaw
Drinking and driving, stupid
mismatched Recaros, Outlaw
missing unessential bodywork or parts, Outlaw
switching to chrome bumpers, Outlaw
modern paint colors, Not Outlaw
Slick engine swaps, not Outlaw
effective but not so slick engine swap, Outlaw
Carbuerated 6 cyl anything, Outlaw
Vintage speed stuff on engine, Outlaw
modern Fuel injection, not Outlaw unless you built it and can tune it.
completely buffed out & modified OEM FI, Outlaw
big weber's, Outlaw
ICT's, subtract Outlaw status points
Big modern stereo with Nav screen & iphone holder, not Outlaw
Blaupunk radio, Outlaw
Hole in dash where radio was, Outlaw
Trying too hard, not Outlaw
flashing your lights to move someone out of the way, Outlaw
quiet exhaust, not Outlaw
Steel wheels, not Outlaw (except mine all dated 6/66 - true)
Widened steelies, Outlaw
Slick fuel cap in ctr of hood, not Outlaw in my book
Slick fuel cap in driver's side of hood, Outlaw
Can-openered hole in hood to get to fuel cap, Outlaw
Flip open fuel cap stolen from a classic Mini, Outlaw.
a combination of at least half of these may make your teener an Outlaw
If you have to ask, not an Outlaw...

Don't mind the spelling, bedtime and my first 914World post.

What a long list... blink.gif

Outlaw is anything you want, especially if 911 & 356 owners don't like it... biggrin.gif
JPIII
Brit has changed the shibox so much that the Porsche bits are now in a minority.....some of the body works and the 930 trans are among the few Porsche bits left.
Tis hella fast tho.............As for being an outlaw, it'll duffer now.

The Raynecat has me at a disadvantage by not using his real name....but howdy nohow.
Coondog
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 2 2015, 10:22 AM) *

If I drive mine after the tags expire, it's an outlaw poke.gif

Now that was FUNNY.......... av-943.gif
lonewolfe
Here are the RS Tail Lights that Patrick Motorsport sells. You loose your backup lights with these.

QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 21 2015, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 21 2015, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Aug 21 2015, 09:19 AM) *

so....first question...what makes an "outlaw 914?" ?

Usually tasteful modifications* to a nice car that irk purists smile.gif

My opinion:

Stock width GT flares are not "outlaw"

GT flares that are a few inches wider than stock is "outlaw"

Switching over to European markers are not "outlaw"

Adding RS tail lights is "outlaw"

google "356 outlaw" most that come up right away is what I'd consider outlaw, not sure I've seen too many 914s that fill the bill.

So what about a narrow body?

RS Tailights on a 914. Pictures?

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
What a long list... blink.gif

Outlaw is anything you want, especially if 911 & 356 owners don't like it... biggrin.gif
[/quote]
In that case Mike, every 914 on the grass at the 356 event we were invited to at the last WCR is an outlaw. I was standing next to the featured 356 on the hill and overheard one of the lifted pinky guys say "Can you believe all these 914s? What a crock..." as he sneered at our display. Their club was very generous in welcoming us to the park but there was one guy who was clearly dismayed... in his mind we were clearly all NARPed out! Made me feel good! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(JPIII @ Dec 2 2015, 07:25 AM) *

One of the best looking 914 4 / 6 that I've seen. Congrats.
spaceshuttle
Does this work? confused24.gif
JoeDees
If outlawing were outlawed, only outlaws would outlaw.
r_towle
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Sep 15 2015, 10:57 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2015, 07:56 PM) *

I want that car.
Is it for sale of long gone?

Wait really or are you trolling? It was a road race car if I remember right, back in the 80s. Looks like it was extended by an extra door...and I recall it being center seat....

I want it.
Do you know where it is?
euro911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 3 2015, 06:35 PM) *
I want that car.
Wait really or are you trolling? It was a road race car if I remember right, back in the 80s. Looks like it was extended by an extra door...and I recall it being center seat....
I want it.
Do you know where it is?
Maybe you could start by calling WHERE2RACE and/or Tire Rack? ... looks like they were the two biggest sponsors ...
whitetwinturbo
Ok, so if we outlaw outlaws only outlaws would have outlaws...... bootyshake.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 3 2015, 06:53 PM) *

I want that car.
I want it.
Do you know where it is?
Maybe you could start by calling WHERE2RACE and/or Tire Rack? ... looks like they were the two biggest sponsors ...

That is Brittons car, he owns Where2Race.com and has a build of that car on here on the 914world.

Subaru powered with Lotus suspension
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 1 2015, 11:32 PM) *

Taking out the trash and stopping to look at your Outlaw, Outlaw

This is a great line!!! I do this all the time with my outlaw... in progress... on jackstands... ok, I'll go home... sad.gif
JPIII
Britain@BritianSmith.com. Dunno if it's for sale, but you can ask.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 3 2015, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 3 2015, 06:53 PM) *

I want that car.
I want it.
Do you know where it is?

That is Brittons car, he owns Where2Race.com and has a build of that car on here on the 914world.

Subaru powered with Lotus suspension

It even has center seating for the ultimate outlaw...

IPB Image
ssuperflyoldguy
Ambushing Magnus Walker to take a picture w your son. Not Outlaw
Your son quickly hiding his Alonzo Ferrari hat before Magnus noticed. Outlaw
Maltese Falcon
Fred's car: Plain + simple, original outlawClick to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
Here's a hoon outlaw .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252202639775?rmvSB=true

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 11 2015, 09:39 AM) *
Fred's car: Plain + simple, original outlaw
Click to view attachment

thumb3d.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Dec 11 2015, 10:16 AM) *

Would be really cool to put that and the RSH 914 together for another photoshoot/article.
oakdalecurtis
Here's my '76 Cal legal teener, gets a lot of looks and comments.....Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 11 2015, 10:34 AM) *

Would be really cool to put that and the RSH 914 together for another photoshoot/article.

Here is Simpson's "Outlaw-Sleeper" wife's car 4 sale.....

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-v8/

Click to view attachment
matthepcat
I would drive it. Show up to PCA events to watch the shaking heads. smile.gif

VegasRacer
What about the 914 from the original build? idea.gif Anybody know this car? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 11 2015, 10:03 PM) *

I would drive it. Show up to PCA events to watch the shaking heads. smile.gif

............. aktion035.gif so if I owned this I would BACK bootyshake.gif it in for the full effect........
Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
...........more outlaw madness:

Click to view attachment

not mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272075740399?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
lonewolfe
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Dec 16 2015, 11:58 AM) *

Quite a boondocker!
Gmanscott55
New Ride .. Custom build. 2.0 liter Subaru WRX turbo conversion, steel GT flares, 911 S front suspension, 2 year restoration with no expense spared.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Coondog
agree.gif Wow!!! more like one Bad Ass ride to me....... smile.gif
maf914
Gmanscott55,

Great looking car! Where did that front spoiler come from? Bought or custom? Thanks.
sb914
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Feb 23 2016, 05:31 AM) *

New Ride .. Custom build. 2.0 liter Subaru WRX turbo conversion, steel GT flares, 911 S front suspension, 2 year restoration with no expense spared.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

Nice car, looks familiar. Was it for sale in here the world ? I live a half mile from you in seal beach and Jim Hoyland lives in sunset beach. Sea you around!
veekry9
Yeah,it works for me too.
The nose cones are what sets it off somehow,the blackout wheel finish complementing the overall two-tone.
The paint appears to have a metallic pearl sheen to it,from what I can see in the reflection off the front flare.
The bright lime leaps out,almost a Day-Glo pop to it.Looks to be a perfect California applique.

welcome.png
Gmanscott55
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 23 2016, 06:16 AM) *

Nice car, looks familiar. Was it for sale in here the world ? I live a half mile from you in seal beach and Jim Hoyland lives in sunset beach. Sea you around!

I believe it was for sale on and off for some time. On front spoiler question, previous owner had all paint and body done at AZ Street Customs in Phoenix so they may know. Build done by Precision Chassis Works in Phoenix. I will bring car to Peter's Landing in Sunset Beach this Sunday for you local folks to have a look.
Mueller
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Feb 23 2016, 06:36 AM) *

I believe it was for sale on and off for some time. On front spoiler question, previous owner had all paint and body done at AZ Street Customs in Phoenix so they may know. Build done by Precision Chassis Works in Phoenix. I will bring car to Peter's Landing in Sunset Beach this Sunday for you local folks to have a look.

Welcome to the madness....that is one DAMN fine looking car, I've drooled over it on more than one occasion when it would pop up for sale.

I'd love to see it in person one of these days! I promise to wear a bib! smile.gif
Gmanscott55
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 23 2016, 06:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Feb 23 2016, 06:36 AM) *

Welcome to the madness....that is one DAMN fine looking car, I've drooled over it on more than one occasion when it would pop up for sale.

I'd love to see it in person one of these days! I promise to wear a bib! smile.gif

Thanks all..Porsche purist may take issue,but it is a modern twist on a beautiful bodied car IMO. I will post up a link to build pics soon.
two914-6s
An S spec 2.0 built by TLG
I put meatballs on the side, there good for 10 hp each Click to view attachment
Chris H.
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Feb 23 2016, 08:36 AM) *

That's a top notch build. Hard to find a conversion nicer than that one.
Marv's3.6six

Wow thats a nice car, similar thinking here, similar looking in execution, similar picture location Huntington Harbor also..... except mine is a big 6.
1stworks
LS x 6 speed

So I've been running 76.5 tps I was able to get it to 99%...
Scary fast...

Outlaw narrow body beerchug.gif

IPB Image
mgp4591
QUOTE(1stworks @ Feb 23 2016, 11:12 AM) *

LS x 6 speed

Scary fast...

IPB Image

I saw some notes on your conversion and now it's faster than when I rode with you in Moab! How's it doing with those teeny little brakes you've got? popcorn[1].gif
1stworks
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 23 2016, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(1stworks @ Feb 23 2016, 11:12 AM) *

LS x 6 speed

Scary fast...

IPB Image

I saw some notes on your conversion and now it's faster than when I rode with you in Moab! How's it doing with those teeny little brakes you've got? popcorn[1].gif

Lol in Moab it was a fast 914.
Now it's stupid fast,unreal fast,Crazy fast lol
I tripled my hp smilie_pokal.gif

Brakes are good and still lock up on 15x7 with sticky rubber.
Probably over heat them on the track will see.

The car is so fun to drive biggrin.gif
mgp4591
Well then let's see some more detail on your build! I'd be interested in all the little details and stuff... I'll get back to working on mine when I heal a bit more. It's even better looking than before too- great job! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.