Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlaw 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
mbseto
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2015, 07:36 AM) *

What the heck is that? Any advantage to chopping the nose like that except less weight?
Cracker
It looks like Porsche copied that 914 design...who knew! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
carr914
I think they started to build a 904, decided it wasn't going to work and then decided to make it a DP car! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
How about a 12 Cylinder 914? 6 in the front & 6 in the back! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
..........wing envy?
confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
dug
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Sep 1 2015, 12:46 AM) *

My def of outlaw is the drivers mentality and image the car gives when viewed, and what configuration the car is. Does he/she drive without regard to law or road condtions, is it street legal, and does the car represent someone who might be an outlaw? For example, exhaust and noise levels, illegal parts, etc.
My car has a number of non factory parts that are considered illegal but under the antique tagging in my state I am not subject to state inspection so in essence can do what I want unless Johnny Law is a ball buster and actually stops me to look it over. And then the question is what is this LEO's knowledge of what was factory designated. So Outlaw is whatever is illegal and whether one is regarding the law. smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Beautiful color. Not super outlaw, but love it!

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2015, 07:50 AM) *

I think they started to build a 904, decided it wasn't going to work and then decided to make it a DP car! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Oh shiiiiT I almost died laughing just now!!!!
RJMII
Is this outlaw enough?
sneak peek:

550hp 4g63T w/boxster S six speed... car was already set up for it. :-D Engine was already built for 1000hp... limitations are *not* internal.
RJMII
from passenger side
JRust
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 8 2015, 09:56 PM) *

Is this outlaw enough?
sneak peek:

550hp 4g63T w/boxster S six speed... car was already set up for it. :-D Engine was already built for 1000hp... limitations are *not* internal.

You are Nuckin Futs Jim! I like it happy11.gif
phillstek
How about this one? WTF.gif
euro911
blink.gif
phillstek
blink.gif Indeed.

Another. I’m not sure what all the rivets do and it looks like it has a pop-up rear wing that may well use some headlight motors to raise it!

This one is growing on me though. It sort of looks like a Lancia. I’d put some gold Campas on it.
madmax914
What is up with these ugly cars from Oregon?
76-914
If this trend continues, I think we are going to need a "914 Carnage" thread. shades.gif
euro911
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Sep 9 2015, 08:00 AM) *
What is up with these ugly cars from Oregon?
It rains a lot up there ... water on the brain? confused24.gif

hide.gif
whitetwinturbo
Oh, you want CARNAGE?

http://www.chromjuwelen.com/en/component/c...ngine-swap.html
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 9 2015, 10:18 AM) *

Here is the real (american) web site.
http://toy-jet.com/

IPB Image
Larmo63
Most 914s in Oregon actually look like those.
LeftCoastErik
So much wrong in that brown LS1 pic. Dear god. And I am a fan of LSing everything.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Sep 9 2015, 05:37 PM) *

So much wrong in that brown LS1 pic. Dear god. And I am a fan of LSing everything.

agree.gif

Might be the ugliest starting point ever.
LeftCoastErik
Plus. Who would want a turd brown 914? ;-)
carr914
He was a Member here for a Short time - he seemed enthusiastic, but he was rediculed constantly and left. We do this too often
whitetwinturbo
Oh, you want UGLY outlaw?

Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Sep 9 2015, 06:42 PM) *

Plus. Who would want a turd brown 914? ;-)

Yeah Eric....who, who, who, who let the WAY cool coppertone 914 crazies out?

Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
Rofl
Maltese Falcon
Harald von K's POC turbo racer extraordinaire.
Originally a Kremer built gt made for European competition.
Harald got a hold of it in the late '70s, put mostly AIR fiberglass on it, a 2.4mfi, single turbo, Kenworth intercooler + 915 gearbox.
Good enough for 175+ on the back straight of Riverside, I had some of his flaming scorch marks left on my front bumper happy11.gif
It has since been de-outlawed and put back into its original Kremer livery.

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Harald's rocket outlaw 914
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 9 2015, 08:00 PM) *

Oh, you want UGLY outlaw?

Click to view attachment

I don't know if I'd want an ugly outlaw over an ugly in-law... at least you can drive and ugly outlaw- if you want to stay married, you just have to accept the ugly in-law! shades.gif
whitetwinturbo
Group 5 or Outlaw?

Millerwelds
I say we change it up. It should be "914 Inlaws"

This group is a perfect example of Inlaws all the way around. Give each other shit, try to scare the new guy till he leaves, tell each other what they can or can't or should / should not do with their projects. Show up on the 914 holidays / gatherings and make asses out of ourselves. Band together to save those in need, donate time and parts to deserving causes....

Good, bad, ugly and everything in between. So there you have it.

Someone design and sell badges on the cheap so we can all roll with them. Everyone here is a member. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

whitetwinturbo
This outlaw should scare the inlaw away......... bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
dangerranger01
I don't know, but these are outlaw fender flares for sure...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
Looks like a contestant in tractor races confused24.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 15 2015, 07:18 PM) *
This outlaw should scare the inlaw away......... bootyshake.gif
Click to view attachment

This outlaw constantly won FTOD at local autocrosses for several years!
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 10 2015, 01:38 PM) *

Group 5 or Outlaw?

That at one time had a 962 engine in it
earossi
I never thought of my car as an outlaw......but, in reality, it is not a stock car either.

My objective in doing the project was to maintain somewhat of a "stock" look to the car, while doing things that would improve the performance and fun of the car.

To start the project required a search for a restorable 914. The car I selected was a 1976 model that had spent much of its life in California and ended up in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Dry, high desert country. So, though it had some rust (what 914 does not!), it was minimal. None of it was structural. So, the longs, floor pans, and trunk floors were serviceable. The battery tray did require replacement, and there was some minor rust, but very little in comparison to what I have seen here in the East.

And, there is no evidence of any accident repairs to the car.

I had much of the restoration done in Salt Lake City. I did not want to spend a huge amount, but ended up with about $18k in the car (which did not include the conversion to a 3.2/6 later in the project). For that amount, I ended up with a car that was disassembled for paint. The paint job is not concours quality (for which I did not want to pay). I would call the paint a good 5 foot car quality. Not perfect, but since the car was going to be a driver.....why spend $7k or so on a concours quality paint job to get it chipped as soon as you take it on the freeway!

I also had the interior done, but again, there was not any effort made to duplicate original. The color scheme chosen was also not stock: Estoril Blue with a Coral Red interior (think BMW M3).

But, suspension and power plant were areas that received the changes.

So, the car was modded as follows:

- Brad Mayeur (914Ltd) longitudinal stiffeners
- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- Boxster front brake calipers (Rich Johnson)
- Adjustable Koni Sport shocks
- Trailing arm stiffeners (PMB design)
- 21mm torsion bars
- Elephant Racing rubber bushings
- 911 3.2 injected engine (not included in stated costs!)
- 916 steel flares
- 6 and 7 inch 16" Fuchs wheels
- Back dated chrome bumpers
- Aft mounted auxiliary oil cooler with electric fan assist
- 19mm master cylinder
- All suspension bushings were replaced with rubber

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Sep 15 2015, 08:06 PM) *

I don't know, but these are outlaw fender flares for sure...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I want that car.
Is it for sale of long gone?
lonewolfe
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 07:44 PM) *

I never thought of my car as an outlaw......but, in reality, it is not a stock car either.

My objective in doing the project was to maintain somewhat of a "stock" look to the car, while doing things that would improve the performance and fun of the car.

To start the project required a search for a restorable 914. The car I selected was a 1976 model that had spent much of its life in California and ended up in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Dry, high desert country. So, though it had some rust (what 914 does not!), it was minimal. None of it was structural. So, the longs, floor pans, and trunk floors were serviceable. The battery tray did require replacement, and there was some minor rust, but very little in comparison to what I have seen here in the East.

I had much of the restoration done in Salt Lake City. I did not want to spend a huge amount, but ended up with about $18k in the car (which did not include the conversion to a 3.2/6 later in the project). For that amount, I ended up with a car that was disassembled for paint. The paint job is not concours quality (for which I did not want to pay). I would call the paint a good 5 foot car quality. Not perfect, but since the car was going to be a driver.....why spend $7k or so on a concours quality paint job to get it chipped as soon as you take it on the freeway!

I also had the interior done, but again, there was not any effort made to duplicate original. The color scheme chosen was also not stock: Estoril Blue with a Coral Red interior (think BMW M3).

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Click to view attachment

Your car looks great! I love the color! Is that an original Porsche color?
earossi
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 15 2015, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 07:44 PM) *

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Click to view attachment

Your car looks great! I love the color! Is that an original Porsche color?

No, the color is a BMW color. Its a dark blue metallic with a slightly purple tinge to it. The BMW color code is B45.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2015, 07:56 PM) *

I want that car.
Is it for sale of long gone?

Wait really or are you trolling? It was a road race car if I remember right, back in the 80s. Looks like it was extended by an extra door...and I recall it being center seat....
mgp4591
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 08:44 PM) *

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Click to view attachment

I remember watching your car being worked on (and I helped hold a few things in place while work was being done!) and I agree that it doesn't come off as an "outlaw" because it resembles many others in the changes that were made, but those individual touches do fall into an outlaw theme- it's what you wanted and the upgrades improved the overall performance and the look of the car is unconventional with the red interior wub.gif which is better seen than described! It took alot of attention to detail and the car comes off great, really an eye popper! That's what brings this question to mind- Does it have to look outlaw to be outlaw? Some here are obviously built to insult the PCA crowd and others look tame but will bite your ass if you turn your back. So the question comes up again- what is needed to determine your car to be an "outlaw"... and does anyone really care? confused24.gif
maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 29 2015, 02:59 AM) *

Is this outlaw enough........

Click to view attachment

Hey Paul, Someone stole your air scoop! laugh.gif
MJHanna
I’ve being reading this thread and have held back on saying much but an outlaw to me still has to be a street car. That is it has to have a license and is run on the street. Race cars are race cars and there are a lot of configurations and some wild things done to 914s for the sake of going faster within whatever rules the car has to comply with to run with that series. I keep thinking my 914 was an “outlaw” but after playing with it and just looking at it the last several weeks, it just is not. It falls into the “sleeper” category and I can live with that. I did what I wanted to do to it and all the things I changed make the car “my version” of a killer combination. You have to look close at mine to understand all the changes. If it was an outlaw you would not have to look close, it would scream from 10 feet. That’s the best way I can define what an outlaw is to me.
madmax914
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Sep 16 2015, 05:58 AM) *

I’ve being reading this thread and have held back on saying much but an outlaw to me still has to be a street car. That is it has to have a license and is run on the street. Race cars are race cars and there are a lot of configurations and some wild things done to 914s for the sake of going faster within whatever rules the car has to comply with to run with that series. I keep thinking my 914 was an “outlaw” but after playing with it and just looking at it the last several weeks, it just is not. It falls into the “sleeper” category and I can live with that. I did what I wanted to do to it and all the things I changed make the car “my version” of a killer combination. You have to look close at mine to understand all the changes. If it was an outlaw you would not have to look close, it would scream from 10 feet. That’s the best way I can define what an outlaw is to me.

agree.gif
Somewhere in your statement is the definition of a 914 "Outlaw".
whitetwinturbo
I say slap a license on this one and go all OUTLAW ar15.gif

Click to view attachment
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 21 2015, 08:10 AM) *

Since we all know that there are some awesome "Outlaw 914s" represented on 914world, I thought it might be cool to start a thread. Show us your "Outlaw" rides.

mmmm - Outlaw says something a little vintage, lowered, acceptable vintage wheels, performance modifications but kinda vintage go fast at first glance, not too shiny, primer helps, cool exhaust note, soot around it. What's German for moonshine runner? - but I think until Magnus builds one, we won't really know.
My take:
I like GT flares, not Outlaw however- can't show a pic yet as I don't have it in my driveway yet but soon...
Fattest tire pushing limit's of stock (or at least appearing stock) contributes to Outlaw
Patina Fuchs, Outlaw
Full polished Fuchs, not Outlaw
really nice stock lugnuts, not Outlaw
Extended wheel studs, Outlaw
drilled out stuff, Outlaw,
color matched mirrors, not Outlaw,
polished stock old school chrome, Outlaw
Leaving the old chrome, Outlaw
Shaving door handles, not Outlaw because they are Chrome.
Picard, not Outlaw
Kirk, seriously?
Taking out the trash, not Outlaw
Taking out the trash and stopping to look at your Outlaw, Outlaw
Slammed, Outlaw
reg ride height, not outlaw (unless rallied recently - see unwashed below)
Go fast stickers or real #'s, Outlaw
unwashed, Outlaw
Monster Energy Stickers, not Outlaw unless they paid you to pimp them around...
Bride seats, not Outlaw
Empty pill bottle of crosstops, Outlaw (very Kowalski)
If you know who Kowalski is, you get Outlaw street Cred even if you drive a GeoMetro
OE800 or King Cobra, Outlaw
Going wine tasting in your Outlaw, not Outlaw
Going on a tach-check thru wine country, Outlaw
Drinking and driving, stupid
mismatched Recaros, Outlaw
missing unessential bodywork or parts, Outlaw
switching to chrome bumpers, Outlaw
modern paint colors, Not Outlaw
Slick engine swaps, not Outlaw
effective but not so slick engine swap, Outlaw
Carbuerated 6 cyl anything, Outlaw
Vintage speed stuff on engine, Outlaw
modern Fuel injection, not Outlaw unless you built it and can tune it.
completely buffed out & modified OEM FI, Outlaw
big weber's, Outlaw
ICT's, subtract Outlaw status points
Big modern stereo with Nav screen & iphone holder, not Outlaw
Blaupunk radio, Outlaw
Hole in dash where radio was, Outlaw
Trying too hard, not Outlaw
flashing your lights to move someone out of the way, Outlaw
quiet exhaust, not Outlaw
Steel wheels, not Outlaw (except mine all dated 6/66 - true)
Widened steelies, Outlaw
Slick fuel cap in ctr of hood, not Outlaw in my book
Slick fuel cap in driver's side of hood, Outlaw
Can-openered hole in hood to get to fuel cap, Outlaw
Flip open fuel cap stolen from a classic Mini, Outlaw.
a combination of at least half of these may make your teener an Outlaw
If you have to ask, not an Outlaw...

Don't mind the spelling, bedtime and my first 914World post.
thieuster
welcome.png
And a great first posting.

Off course, we want to see pics. 'Pics or it didn't happen' is the expression, I think biggrin.gif

Menno
MJHanna
ssuperflyoldguy, Nice list but some of your list can lead to a sleeper rather than an outlaw: such as your engine requirements: this engine meets your def of an outlaw but you will never know it..... but I will piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
DBCooper
Outlaw means no rules. If you have to look up the rules for what's outlaw and what's not there's a pretty fair chance your car is not outlaw.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.