Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlaw 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
matthepcat
^^ Love that car ^^ I would rock it on the street with a wing delete.
Tedman5
My def of outlaw is the drivers mentality and image the car gives when viewed, and what configuration the car is. Does he/she drive without regard to law or road condtions, is it street legal, and does the car represent someone who might be an outlaw? For example, exhaust and noise levels, illegal parts, etc.
My car has a number of non factory parts that are considered illegal but under the antique tagging in my state I am not subject to state inspection so in essence can do what I want unless Johnny Law is a ball buster and actually stops me to look it over. And then the question is what is this LEO's knowledge of what was factory designated. So Outlaw is whatever is illegal and whether one is regarding the law. smile.gif
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
I believe we're talking about the cars being individualized to the owners tastes and involving many different parts, i.e. engine swaps of all types, transmissions, brakes and suspensions, etc. No one here wants anything that will endanger the driver or passenger including driving and acting like an outlaw. I believe we want to stay within legal parameters for the most part because it's no fun driving a car that's gonna get pulled over constantly for equipment violations, not to mention dangerous driving habits that gets you put away and not driving your car- that's what building these things is all about, Driving! Anyone acting like an ass behind the wheel is someone who will likely get shitcanned from the group for obvious reasons and no one here wants any troublemakers. That's all jr. high school bullshit that hopefully has been outgrown... shades.gif
Love the car by the way- nice work! aktion035.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
nein14
Here's mine you can't turbo a 914
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Please outlaw this car (that's what we mean by outlaw right?) blink.gif
https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/309650
whitetwinturbo
.................so are you saying the food processor on this one could draw the wrong attention from peace officers?

Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
Front bumper is at the platers . Ls/ boxster transaxle
.Click to view attachment
Cracker
Beautiful car Bob!

Tony

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 1 2015, 01:11 PM) *

76-914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 1 2015, 11:11 AM) *

very nice, Bob. More pic's.
euro911
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 1 2015, 03:09 AM) *

IPB Image
It looks like it was 'water-cooled' for that shot rolleyes.gif
1stworks
QUOTE(nein14 @ Sep 1 2015, 06:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Really nice!
Love the mismatched wheels.

Let's see some more.
Cracker
Ok. I'll through mine out there too...I enjoy seeing all the iterations (a 914 can be taken)! These are steel flares with a little custom "design flare" to boot. I am still fabricating
so please forgive the incomplete look(s)...

Paying "homage" to the original...last picture! ;-)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
LeftCoastErik
Cracker, that is badass!
nein14
QUOTE(1stworks @ Sep 2 2015, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Sep 1 2015, 06:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Really nice!
Love the mismatched wheels.

Let's see some more.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cracker
Very nice looking car John...allot of thought, money and time obviously went into your build. I really like your "Porsche GT" shift knob!!! Enjoy every mile! beerchug.gif

Thanks Erik for your compliment as well...another 6-weeks and it should be ready to roll (on its own power)! MDB2.gif

Tony
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 2 2015, 09:12 AM) *

Ok. I'll through mine out there too...I enjoy seeing all the iterations (a 914 can be taken)! These are steel flares with a little custom "design flare" to boot. I am still fabricating
so please forgive the incomplete look(s)...

Paying "homage" to the original...last picture! ;-)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

....... popcorn[1].gif

1] Where did you source those rear exhaust exit bezels?

2] What kind of attachment is shown holding rear spoiler?

Those rear custom flares scream COBRA aktion035.gif
nein14
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 2 2015, 09:35 AM) *

Very nice looking car John...allot of thought, money and time obviously went into your build. I really like your "Porsche GT" shift knob!!! Enjoy every mile! beerchug.gif

Thanks Erik for your compliment as well...another 6-weeks and it should be ready to roll (on its own power)! MDB2.gif

Tony

Thanks Tony
SKL1
Click to view attachment

Did this on my '73- car will live in AZ and figured it would help, plus I like the "look."
Cracker
A) We machined them from scratch to fit into that panel. I wanted to "buy" a set but absolutely couldn't find what I wanted off the shelf.

A) It is actually a glass spoiler with stainelss screws with bezels on the base. We like it too... ;-)

3) Those rear custom flares scream COBRA aktion035.gif
A) I never even thought about that - here is my old Cobra (15 years ago) - they can make for awesome hot-rods! I'll share them because of the "outlaw" theme and your comment! Hope its alright... rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 2 2015, 11:39 AM) *

A) We machined them from scratch to fit into that panel. I wanted to "buy" a set but absolutely couldn't find what I wanted off the shelf.

A) It is actually a glass spoiler with stainelss screws with bezels on the base. We like it too... ;-)

A) I never even thought about that - here is my old Cobra (15 years ago) - they can make for awesome hot-rods! I'll share them because of the "outlaw" theme and your comment! Hope its alright... rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

ar15.gif OUTLAW ALERT ar15.gif

Love to buy a set of bezels from you...........still got the spec to reproduce?
BIGKAT_83
Tony show them some more pictures. This thing is the best V8 car out there.
Lets see the shifter, dash and steering shaft.
Makes me want to throw rocks at my car biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bob
Cracker
Bob,

Thank you Sir...your car is beautiful and a much, much, much better street car - not even close.

I posted THOSE pictures in the thread called "Warning: 1201+ word..." in the Garage.

I should be rolling with power somewhat shortly. Good to hear from you - I'll call you soon.

Tony

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 2 2015, 05:37 PM) *

Tony show them some more pictures. This thing is the best V8 car out there.
Lets see the shifter, dash and steering shaft.
Makes me want to throw rocks at my car biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bob
mskala
It is an outlaw if it has 7.5" wide wheels (3-piece) on a narrow body? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 2 2015, 11:39 AM) *

IPB Image
I think most of the members here appreciate a variety of classic automobile marques.

I recently visited Mike McCluskey's shop down here ... he's still manufacturing aluminum-bodied Cobras smile.gif ... Their Web Site Here
euro911
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 2 2015, 11:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Did this on my '73- car will live in AZ and figured it would help, plus I like the "look."
Which 1/2 in AZ? ... winter? We'll be a 'few' miles up the road roughly 1/2 the year, but in multiple spurts driving.gif
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(mskala @ Sep 2 2015, 05:27 PM) *

It is an outlaw if it has 7.5" wide wheels (3-piece) on a narrow body? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Can't be a total outlaw if it has a groove or two as tire treads happy11.gif
76-914
I dunno. Looking thru this thread I can't help but notice that only 4 of the pictured cars had a Hood Badge. Apparently the rest do not. idea.gif Hmmmm.
SKL1
both of mine have hood badges... was first "mod" I did on the '71. Was VERY paranoid drilling holes in the hood however...

Had to- back then some of the 911 crowd didn't even want them in the PCA! I loved beating those guys in autocrosses back in the day!
naro914
Hood badge = outlaw? LOL
so since both of mine do, are they outlaws then?

dflesburg
This car is mine and it will beat you and leave you sweaty and wore out... but wanting to do it again.

76-914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:09 AM) *

Hood badge = outlaw? LOL

Uhh no, other way. Outlaw = 0 Hood Badge. biggrin.gif
naro914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 3 2015, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:09 AM) *

Hood badge = outlaw? LOL

Uhh no, other way. Outlaw = 0 Hood Badge. biggrin.gif

Meaning that just about every 914 is an outlaw? confused24.gif
iamchappy
When i think outlaw i think more in the lines of matte black paint with everything all the same color but here is mine anyway..
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 3 2015, 10:03 AM) *

When i think outlaw i think more in the lines of matte black paint with everything all the same color but here is mine anyway..

..........anything with wild ass front holes, stainless supports and other wingie thingies is an OUTLAW beer.gif
naro914
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 3 2015, 01:13 PM) *

.... wingie thingies....

Wingie thingies??? av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Nope, not an outlaw...it has a hood badge.
stuwentzel
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 21 2015, 11:09 PM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Aug 21 2015, 11:46 PM) *

[attachment 581]

Would this be an outlaw? Narrow body but very clean v8 engine transplant.

Dave

Absolutely! Is that the only thing different from stock on your car? I would think that additions made to the car that aren't just a stock upgrade but enhance performance without degrading other aspects of the car qualify as outlaw. If the engine took handling or braking performance away from stock, that would not add to the overall balance of the car- I think that's the difference. If your changes add to the performance and keep the car balanced as much as possible, that would be an outlaw. Show us what else you've done to the car that helps the V8 work better in that platform. Great looking car too- a V8 sleeper is a great surprise to alot of people I'm sure!

Added 911 Carerra front suspension, turbo tie rods, rear 911 calipers and rotors, adjustable rear coil springs, 5 bolt lug pattern, 915 transaxle with Turbo axle shafts.

A real sleeper on the road and a BLAST to drive on the windy mountain roads in Northern California.
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(stuwentzel @ Sep 3 2015, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 21 2015, 11:09 PM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Aug 21 2015, 11:46 PM) *

[attachment 581]

Would this be an outlaw? Narrow body but very clean v8 engine transplant.

Dave

Absolutely! Is that the only thing different from stock on your car? I would think that additions made to the car that aren't just a stock upgrade but enhance performance without degrading other aspects of the car qualify as outlaw. If the engine took handling or braking performance away from stock, that would not add to the overall balance of the car- I think that's the difference. If your changes add to the performance and keep the car balanced as much as possible, that would be an outlaw. Show us what else you've done to the car that helps the V8 work better in that platform. Great looking car too- a V8 sleeper is a great surprise to alot of people I'm sure!

Added 911 Carerra front suspension, turbo tie rods, rear 911 calipers and rotors, adjustable rear coil springs, 5 bolt lug pattern, 915 transaxle with Turbo axle shafts.

A real sleeper on the road and a BLAST to drive on the windy mountain roads in Northern California.

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

whitetwinturbo

Here's an OUTLAW:

https://youtu.be/kAbpHVoaS5s

popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 3 2015, 10:03 AM) *

When i think outlaw i think more in the lines of matte black paint with everything all the same color

If thats the case, here is my car back when it was an "outlaw"

IPB Image
v82go
and mine, almost a outlaw

LS6 (a bit warmed over, headers,cam,big injectors,etc.)
rear fenders pulled for 7" wheels
GT3 style seats
lonewolfe
Your car is badass!!! I'd love to see some side pictures. I now you're running 7" wide wheels but are they 15" or 16" and what size tires?
whitetwinturbo
piratenanner.gif .......giant holes sucking in small animals into the front trunk are WAY outlaw beer.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
Cracker
Those are ALL good but confused by the white car...even the body kit looks good, for once (and the grill). Hmm? Nah!

T.H.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2015, 06:45 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.