Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2016 Build-Off Challenge - Official Contest Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
rightpedal
Update time.

Progress:

I think it is progress.... I bought a third car for the build. Well most of a car. It is a 1975 that Ghuff was working on. The body is really solid in the usual problem areas. It needs some love in the front fender to windshield post area and new doors/rear fenders. (A fun conversation with a skeptical wife...Its a lot less work to just chuck on some fenders)

A short 10hr drive to Georgia pick up the car and a 10 hr hop back. The 75 has been assessed cleaned and stowed.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Solid floors an longs!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The 73 started the end of its life by giving up the drive train and interior.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Challenges:
Staying awake on the trip home from Georgia.
Not posting enough on the build thread.

Budget:

-$1000.00 Original purchase

+$200.00 sold 2 sets of seats

+$400.00 sold targa top, center counsel, muffler, and sun visors

-$300.00 for the 75

-$700.00 In the hole

Goals next month:
Strip the 73 and cut it up.
Sell some of the "easy sale items"
Separate the usable parts from the 73 stash
Clean up the carbs
finish the engine tin and chassis parts that are in raw metal.

Andyrew
November Build Update: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2261816
The first half of this month was spent finishing up Bretts car. But after that was done I got some work done on fitting the engine and buying a load of parts.

IPB Image
First I removed the engine shelf.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Then I test fit the engine

IPB Image
Reinforced and cut the hole

And bought the following from non vendors. (Pics in thread)
Fuel pump and surge tank
1300cc injectors
Water to air intercooler
Intercooler radiator
Electronic boost controller
Electronic water pump with LCD controller
Turbo heat blanket
Gold foil heat protectant
Intercooler radiator fill tank
RJMII
November update for my build:

I'm moving to Utah, and have spent most of my time gathering parts up to put them in the garage at my new place.
brettrarnold
Alright so i know im late to the party and i apologize. I spent almost half of November on a honeymoon in Colombia so that will be my only excuse. I will not have anymore.

I did manage to get the chassis braces on the car which was harder than it should have been, but was expected given my automotive knowledge. Anyhow, i did manage to spend some time learning how to cut up a 914 from the mile high crew and am very gracious for that.

Alright so attached is a photo with the chassis braces on.

December is going to be my month, i feel it.

Thanks for understanding my late post and if you dont, well come out to Lakewood Colorado and we can have a beer and discuss it in person.

-Brett
whitetwinturbo
My favorite oxymoron:

"... unexpected rust ... " wacko.gif
JoeDees
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Dec 3 2015, 11:08 PM) *

My favorite oxymoron:

"... unexpected rust ... " wacko.gif

hahaahahaha
stevegm
Three months of the Challenge are almost complete. It's time to heat this contest up. The first round of voting is right around the corner. And some of the vendor discounts end December 31st. So order what you need and get that 914 rolling.
AndyB
Current status of the car is the same as Octobers update. I haven't touched the car due to knee surgery followed by totaling my Jetta Sportwagon TDI, which was then followed by a fall at my daughters house with a landing on the very knee three weeks after surgery. I figure January can't get worse.
jkb944t
The month of December was very satisfying since the car was in the final stages of bodywork and painting. The car was painted a few days before Christmas and was buffed out on Christmas day. I was able to pick it up the day after Christmas which was very exciting!

I didn’t run into any unexpected challenges other than the car was done quicker than I anticipated but that is a good thing.

I haven’t had any shop or vendors offer any services but I will be taking advantage of 914Rubber’s generous discount offer in the next few days.

Below is my car finally back in my garage---Some assembly required!

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
Olympic 914
Wow !

Paint looks fantastic. thumb3d.gif
DRPHIL914
Wow, Jefff that looks awesome!

My project update: STALLED,

I had to spend some time working on the other 914, the one that runs- already updated this on my project thread, but the skinny of it is this: selling our house, moving, garage space, therefore lack of time and $$ until after my house is sold-or I should say closed deal as it is under contract but here is the kicker, I'm having to spend almost $10k on roofing and wood rot and polybutyl plumbing replacement!! - that was my whole budget for the 914 build!!!! so I have not touched the car in the last month.
Vendors: I bought some door cranks.-ebay; car is sitting in garage ready to have gas put in the tank to test motor ,
- RESTORATION DESIGN partial floor panel and battery tray
- Auto Atlanta - L-jet parts including vac lines
-914 Rubber: upper dash vinyl and pad,
-Sierra Madre Collection: - outer door handles
-Reharvey-World member-awesome like new Mahle Wheels!!!
- tail light replacement and getting a new signal stalk/switch soon- 914sixer
-located local shop that has body experience with all older porsches, 356, 912, 911 etc they will do my few rust repair issues, clean up bad hell hole patch made by P.O. and replace battery tray - car is going to shop to make room in garage(rental house) so that we can store our stuff that has to come out of the attic of the house we are selling- we have a 2 week delay in closing on the awesome home we are buying(32x32 garage under house with separate shop etc!!!!!)
so this will not be complete move wise until end of February!!
Please be patient for this will be a completed running restored 75 914 , original color inside and out(black with white interior)
- I have a local shop paint quote and have set aside 2/3 of cost for this, so I just need the minor body, rust repair to be done and I expect it to be done by the time we move in February, plan is in 2 weeks it goes to the welder/body guy, then to paint, then back to me for assembly as it is for the most part stripped down.
-things I have to do before welding- remove rest of tar board off floor, remove rear tail lights, , that's it!!

pictures to follow soon!

Dr. Phil
Olympic 914
December update.

Well I did a bunch of this.

Click to view attachment

Then more of this.....

Click to view attachment

To get here... this is in PPG epoxy, then I'll shoot a couple coats of Slicksand and start blocking that down.

Click to view attachment

The lip on the fender is the hardest to get just right. but I am learning.

this still needs a little more work and the back quarter is coming along also.

I like the way the flares look, subtle, the front almost looks stock

Purchased new rocker covers from Restoration design, since mine were looking pretty bad.

still waiting on my PMB order. couple pieces are on backorder.

I got the bearing races installed in my front hubs. next I will put the Turbo tie rod parts onto the steering rack.

This competition is great for keeping me motivated. I seem to get a burst of energy near the end of the month..... smash.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Dec 30 2015, 07:30 AM) *

Awesome. I love them painted. beerchug.gif Now to reassemble without scratching it.
914forme
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Dec 30 2015, 07:30 AM) *

Wow aktion035.gif
914forme
Lets see, a whole bunch of life got in the way. dry.gif

Trip to Portland ended in a ride to the ER, but I caused our plane to get emergency clearance, and we arrived 30 minutes earlier than we should, way to turn up the wick.

Spent the next month trying to get clearance to drive again, that was no fun.

I am back to driving, all my doctor visits have found nothing, I am in prime condition except all the crap I all ready knew was an issue.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Winter Solstice, etc.... Any excuse to not work on the car....

But the 914 got some progress despite all my efforts to keep me out of the work shop.

No outside services used yet, lots of parts and ideas being tossed around in my head. And yes I am still screwing around with the back bumper, rear trunk area.

Heres is what I spent my time on this month, 30 hours in this bumper this far.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

With my novice skills I will most like triple the hours spent on a rear bumper screwy.gif

whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Dec 30 2015, 04:30 AM) *

The month of December was very satisfying since the car was in the final stages of bodywork and painting. The car was painted a few days before Christmas and was buffed out on Christmas day. I was able to pick it up the day after Christmas which was very exciting!

I didn’t run into any unexpected challenges other than the car was done quicker than I anticipated but that is a good thing.

I haven’t had any shop or vendors offer any services but I will be taking advantage of 914Rubber’s generous discount offer in the next few days.

Below is my car finally back in my garage---Some assembly required!

Click to view attachment

Jeff B

Jeff,
Which Porsche color is it?
wub.gif
Andyrew
I asked the same question in his thread, Phoenix red!
Darren C
What a month this has been!

I’ve kept a daily diary and despite working a 60 hour week I’ve managed to work on the little car every day this month (if even just an hour). For those in the UK who may know me, it’s no real news to find me having 6 hours in the garage on Christmas day…(my idea of Heaven!)

I’ve updated my epic monthly diary on my build thread here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2283320

Month 3 is a tale of misfortune with a terrible UK parts supplier and some good old fashioned luck finding some hidden area’s of the little 914 in perfect condition.

So on balance; long term, its been a good month!

I hope you guy’s enjoy my rambles, rants and rejoices….

Regards
Darren
poorsche914
December Update: Extreme Budget Makeover - Creamsicle Edition

A. Progress

Replaced the 5+ year old Optima red top battery (that had been giving me issues for quite a while) for a standard battery. No longer need to keep a charger running overnight smile.gif

B. Challenges

Keeping the 914 running well enough to get me back and forth to work. Most recently, an issue with the ignition system has manifested. Resetting the points and adjusting the timing has helped some. I plan to pull the distributor and clean it up as well as install new points and plugs (already replaced the cap) then adjust valves, set timing, and hope it clears up.

C. Shop/vendor provided services

As mentioned in my last update, my long-anticipated Raby 2056 showed up this month aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 30 2015, 09:28 PM) *

December Update: Extreme Budget Makeover - Creamsicle Edition

A. Progress

Replaced the 5+ year old Optima red top battery (that had been giving me issues for quite a while) for a standard battery. No longer need to keep a charger running overnight smile.gif

B. Challenges

Keeping the 914 running well enough to get me back and forth to work. Most recently, an issue with the ignition system has manifested. Resetting the points and adjusting the timing has helped some. I plan to pull the distributor and clean it up as well as install new points and plugs (already replaced the cap) then adjust valves, set timing, and hope it clears up.

C. Shop/vendor provided services

As mentioned in my last update, my long-anticipated Raby 2056 showed up this month aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Looks great. Is the top of the block painted?
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 30 2015, 11:15 AM) *

I asked the same question in his thread, Phoenix red!

LOVE it beer.gif

What year was that color?
santa_smiley.gif
trojanhorsepower
December update
Short answer, very little.
A little more paint removal.
Super busy at work and lots of travel are my excuses.
No vendor deals, won't get to use the December 31st group as I am nowhere near ready. Oh well.
No suprises
I will have to add pic when I get back in town.
budk
December update:
Spent most of the month working on determining what parts to replace, which ones to buy and which ones to make. I received a nice shipment from Restoration Design and I have another order in with them and with Pelican and both of those should be here next week. I’m confident that next month’s report will show significant progress as my plan has been to start patching in January.

Speaking of patching, I counted over 30 patches on this car that were done (and done poorly) by the previous owner(s). So, as far as what challenges were encountered I would have to say that getting the car soda-blasted revealed a lot more body work problems than I, or anyone else who looked at this car, expected to find. My answer to those challenges was to simply buy more replacement panels than I thought I would have to.

Click to view attachment

Since winter is upon us and I know that there will be some days where its too cold to function in the garage, I decided to layout my wire harness on some plywood in my basement. I plan to check every wire and replace as needed, clean every connector and rewrap the harness as needed. If I get ambitious, I might label every wire so that it will be easier to install it when that time comes. As bad as the body is, the harness is not much better. Lots of wires that have multiple splices in them, wires that have damaged insulation and wires that appear to go nowhere. I don’t know how much I will work on this in the coming months since it is a low priority task, but the goal will to have the harness done by the time the car is ready to paint.

Click to view attachment

No shops provided any services. It’s too much fun doing it myself headbang.gif
Vysoc
Vysoc - Yellow Sub - December Update 2015

Hello it is December Update Time and I actually have some progress to report?

I have just added a bunch of detail to my regular thread and probably too many photo's but there is a lot to see.

This month I was able to accomplish the following tasks:
1) Repaired five (5) different areas of major rust along the tunnel and front firewall.

2) Cut out remaining areas of the floor board in preparation for the new floor board
installation.

3) Welded in my new Restoration Design (355L) Driver's Side Middle Brace.

4) Cleaned up and treated all of my Tunnel tubes and reinforced the Clutch Tube,
then treated all with Eastwood"s Internal Frame Coating (the Green Stuff).

5) Fit-Up Driver's and Passenger side Floor Pans, cut off overlap and prepped for
Seam/Butt weld from top to bottom.

6) Butt Welded Floor Pans together, grinded and prepped for early January
attachment after I make a couple of other small things right, while I still have
great access without the floor pans in the way!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Happy New Year everyone here's to getting these car's done prior to Okteenerfest 2016!!!! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif bye1.gif sawzall-smiley.gif type.gif smash.gif headbang.gif idea.gif

Vysoc huh.gif flag.gif
JoeDees
It feels like I did a lot this month (maybe because I did all the work in the 2nd half), but when I look back I didn't do all that much. But what I did do was some major stuff.

1. This month's accomplishments: Welded in the wheelhouse, engine compartment long, and a few other little pieces.

2. I can't recall any major challenges unless you count the mother-in-law's visit... I kid! I kid! The biggest challenges were getting the pieces all prepped and fitted while finding the best ways of securing them, finding the location of the motor mount console, and contorting to weld pieces in without having cut up the fender. But of course the granddaddy of this month's challenges was the days spent measuring, bracing, and remeasuring to get the car square before welding in such critical pieces. How I pray I was successful.

3. I received no services or donation from vendors, but watching my bank account I'm really hoping somebody steps forward to help...haha

914-d
December is my busiest month of the year at work, so not a lot. Got some work done on the engine cradleClick to view attachment

Haven't bought anything this month.

Shopping for custom length axels. Looks like this will be the most expensive part of the project.

If anyone has a line on someone to make axels...let me know

Garland
December Update: Michigan Build
Michigan Build Link
Build progress :

Finished up the flares, 3 of the valances, and mounted up new tires on new rims.

Unexpected challenges:

Nothing big this month

Vendors:

I purchased from PMB Performance, Eckler's Automotion, and Local.

Progress Pictures:

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

mbseto
Meant to post yesterday, but a buddy stopped by with a couple growlers, and then we had a wee dram of something else, and then we were toasting the new year. So happy new year, all!

Progress: Reached a milestone: first new metal welded into the car. Probably no big deal for most, but I am pretty excited about it. So much of my work so far has been disassembly, cleaning, and cutting out rusted metal. All tear-down. I've been anxious to start building up, and now here I am.

Challenges: As ever, the challenges are finding time, and learning as I go. Working on the front firewall, I was wondering what to do about the tunnel. Found Perry Kiehl's post with his procedure for treating the tunnel:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=116018&hl=
(post #12)
Had to rethink my strategy at this point- realized that at some point during the build, almost every edge of the floor pan will the cut. Decided to proceed with replacing the longs without welding the floor pan edges back, then drop the floor out completely to rustproof the tunnel.

Vendor products: My dad and sis got me the carpet kit for Christmas from 914rubber. It will be a long time before it's ready to go in, but it does encourage one to keep plugging.

So here's the front corner with all the rust cut out. You can see the floor (which transitions into the steering tunnel), and the edge of the firewall inside that, and the fwd edge of the tunnel through that. There's a box section that reinforces the well that also needs a patch.
Click to view attachment

This is the inner-most layer and the first piece of new metal on the car. Super happy to get this in.
Click to view attachment

Next few session are going to involve building all these layers back up. Hopefully I'll have some more exciting posts coming up soon. Passenger side long will follow.
Andyrew
December update: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2274444

IPB Image
IPB Image
Reinforced the rear suspension ear and shock tower and finalized the mounting for the engine/trans.
IPB Image
Engine in its final resting position smile.gif

IPB Image
Had to move over the pass trans mount to be able to get the transmission where I wanted it for equal length cv joints.

IPB Image
Received a BUNCH of goodies but most of them are for the small stereo.

Also received my temp controller for my water to air intercooler. Pretty cool product!
IPB Image

And a pic of the motor/turbo just for fun smile.gif
IPB Image
hot_shoe914
I still look at it every time I go in the shop. I AM going to get something done in the coming months, I promise. Have been getting things in order to help free up some of my time so I can work on the car.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
RJMII
December update:

My tow rig is fixed, and I'll be picking the car up and bringing it to the new house in Utah sometime next week.
The main setback was the part where the transmission went out in my truck, and while they were in there I had them put 4.10 gears in both axles. The pulling power increase was definitely noticeable!
included is a picture of the car, under the cover, waiting for me to come pick it up and get back to work on it.
Relocating switches up resources available.
The next step is the flywheel. It needs machined, and then bolted with the clutch and pressure plate. After I get that step done, I can machine out the holes for the starter.
rightpedal
December update:
Spent a lot of time working on other peoples cars.

I did get the parts car torn apart and mostly removed.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dad really wants to stand a bunch of these up in my back yard and make a "porsche ranch". Notice its MY back yard.

Worked on engine tin.

Click to view attachment

Challenges:
Time.

And the idiot who put old stripped flat head screws in my header pad.

Click to view attachment

No purchases were made.

Budget:

-$1000.00 Original purchase

+$200.00 sold 2 sets of seats

+$400.00 sold targa top, center counsel, muffler, and sun visors

-$300.00 for the 75

-$700.00 In the hole

Goals next month:
Swap dads MGA project out of the shop and put the 75 in. (He is in Florida for the next three months)
Sell some of the "easy sale items"
Get to work on the rear quarters.
3d914
914-SHO Project

December Progress: Finished the right section ahead of the rear jack post and welded in the jack post from Restoration Design.

Continued cleaning and prepping the underside for primer in spots. Also drilled remaining holes in center console for access to do rust-proofing, it will also aid in routing the new fuel lines and tying down the break lines.

Challenges: Cold weather & short days. Making room in the garage to continue work on project.

Vendor Participation: None this month.

Pictures:
Here's the area near the jack post that needed rebuilt - before & after.
IPB Image

Had to form up my own pieces
IPB Image

Then added the jack post from Restoration Design
IPB Image

Have all the holes in the center console. Now just need warmer weather to do rust-proofing.
IPB Image

Needed a work bench so that I could take down the two folding tables I was using. This and possibly a 10x12 shed should give me enough space to work in the garage and still keep a car in the other stall.
Click to view attachment
brettrarnold
Happy New Year! This is Amy (Brett & Amy) and this is my first post! Brett has been working on cutting out the rust on the Porsche and says that he is 80% rust free. He was initially using a sawzall and all his blades broke, so he is going to switch to a jigsaw. Wish us luck!!

sawzall-smiley.gif

Also some parts arrived from restoration design and hopefully well be welding them in soon.

-Amy & Brett

MichiganMat
A. A brief description of the progress you made on your build.

December was a tough one but I made enough progress to be well setup for work in the New Year.
• The cage from Tangerine is now fully installed and tied into the rear shock towers.
• The shock tower to trans supports are in and looking pretty good
• Started having conversations with blasting places, American Stripping in Sacramento is sounding like the right place
• Investigated engine and trans options

Mostly I was held up with finishing my brothers 912R-STi and getting it sent out the door. We had to add another radiator, install a trunk carpet kit, and take care of a thousand loose ends. Now that the 912 is wrapped up I can finish putting my 911 back together: new Rennspeed RSR bumper, custom tegris splitter, installation of Wevo rear swaybar mounts, relocation of fuel pump, fixes for a few engine oil leaks, and rebuild of my 915 box. Its been a busy couple of weeks!

B. Any unexpected challenges you encountered this month, and how those challenges were handled.

So many challenges with my other projects taking time away from the 914. Solution: bust ass and get 'em done.

Tying the cage into the suspension points was tricky for two reasons:
• Finding DOM tubing is nearly impossible. I was able to source a 10' stick from a local racecar builder who declined to be named, but I did not expect it to be so hard to find
• Attaching to the rear points was relatively easy but attaching to the front towers looks tricky. I need to investigate other peoples methods before attempting it, I want to make sure I get a complete weld and Im not sure how to get the MIG into a few places.

C. Whether any shops/vendors provided any services for the build during the month, and the value of such services.

• Unnamed racecar builder provided me with 10' stick of DOM to finish my cage, paid market price.
• 914World.com provided me with loads of pictures to study for cage installation ideas
• TangerineRacing.com provided me with prompt and helpful feedback on my cage installation

Unfortunately I don't have any of the full cage install yet! unsure.gif

Heres one from early November to hold everyone over until tomorrow, I'll take a few in the morning I promise!

IPB Image
jkb944t
I made some additional progress on my 914 project over the last week. Below are some pictures showing the wiring harness installation, dashboard and heater controls installation and a good start on the headlights.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I am finding that the assembly time is only about 15% and that finding the parts and cleaning them is about 85% of the time for reassembling this project.

Oh how I wish I had labeled things better and taken more pictures!

Jeff B
stevegm
First round voting will start this weekend. If you haven't posted all of your updates please post them this week, in this thread.
stevegm
Round one posts will close today. If you haven't posted your updates through the end of the year, post them now. Round one voting starts this weekend.
Nutter965
Ok challenge update so far !

A) Brief description-

It's been a messy few months since the last update with hospital, burgalaries and Christmas ! So with the shell straight at the front and rear welding has begun, the pedal assembly is now in its proper position with everything welded and I'm now moving the other necessary items to the right hand side of the car (e brake, steering column mount, dimple in the long) the bulkhead is going to be the trickiest part as I want as factory a look as possible.
I also removed all the tar pads from the floors ! thankfully everything was great below them.

I've completed some nice items for the project, the front suspension and brakes are ready for when there needed ! I built my triple gauge ( couldn't resist ) amd i've also started to modify my trailing arms for 911 ebrake set up
But all in all a bit here and there but we're moving forwards,

Vendors involved-

PMB, 914 Rubber, tangerine racing and 914 member John

trial fit of pedal assembly, 911 pedals

Click to view attachment

Welded in the new pedal floor pan, and old trar removed.

Click to view attachment

And I've been side tracked a bit and built these bits !

Click to view attachment
Nutter965
And this as well

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
For those of you working on your judging, I made a table that helped me organize and judge the builds, thought I would share it with you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq876kx1q8aykpa/B...Blank.xlsx?dl=0

Also the way I judged it was as follows (NOTE: This is not the official method of judging, just how I did it to make coming up with numbers easier)
Progress: 3 points possible per month for progress, 1 point extra if progress was steady and documented well
Difficulty: Difficulty of the work performed between Oct 1-Dec 31, Many times this involved reading the build threads to see when the work was reported as being done.
Quality: Quality of the work done.

Overall it took me about 3 hours to judge, good thing I woke up early and couldnt get back to sleep.. dry.gif
Garland
I also did a score sheet, I found that a few had not posted at all, and some of those that have, posted, we're not completed each month. I found that less then hafe the contestants completed the requirements for posting updates. I scored based on what I found.

Also many as stated were started earlier, and jumped in part way into a build. Just have to evaluate from contest start date of Oct 1

Saturday morning and back to the barn for me, wood stove fired up, and I'll be posting my Jan update today. Good luck to all in 2016, less then 9 months to go!

Great to see the goal of so many 914 being worked on, and shared, being fulfilled.
Thanks again for the motivation from the Build Challenge Group, and all here.

Garland (John)
Michigan Build

robot.gif
rightpedal
Thanks Andy. That was a big help.

Thanks Steve the whole project is a blast.

Steve
trojanhorsepower
OK. I admit it. I am lost. Where is the voting pole? I thought that was supposed to be out last weekend? Have I over looked it? Did I miss read? I am just trying to figure out what I missed. blink.gif
trojanhorsepower
OK all is clear now. I got Steve's email.
stevegm
My fault. Combination of work, family, weather, and trying to get the voting system to work the way we set the rules of the Challenge up. I finally got it to work.

Yesterday, I emailed all of the Challengers their link to score the builds. The poll for the 914world members will be posted later today.

Voting will be open until January 31st.
JoeDees
Thank you Andyrew for the score chart!

I also noticed that there are several builds that are completely MIA and a few that have seemed to go AWOL, and a few that don't like to post in the challenge thread. I know we said we wouldn't vote anybody out, but we really may need to, it took me close to 3 hours to hunt down progress and do my judging...
stevegm
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Jan 23 2016, 12:36 PM) *

Thank you Andyrew for the score chart!

I also noticed that there are several builds that are completely MIA and a few that have seemed to go AWOL, and a few that don't like to post in the challenge thread. I know we said we wouldn't vote anybody out, but we really may need to, it took me close to 3 hours to hunt down progress and do my judging...

I agree.
stevegm
The 914World Member voting is now open.

There are two different polls - one for 914World members, and one for the actually challengers. The link below is for 914World members. Challengers were emailed a link to their poll on 1/22.

914WORLD MEMBERS:
Based on the Progress, Difficulty, and Quality of Workmanship of the build, please assign a score between 1 and 10 to each build (with 10 being the most points attainable). A complete list of the builds, and links to their threads, are available in post #2 of this thread.

Voting ends at midnight on January 31st. You can only vote once.

TO VOTE PLEASE GO HERE - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9P3RNHY
Darren C
Hi Guy’s,

I’ve had a very busy month on my little 914.

PROGRESS

I’ve managed to strip down the car and deliver it to my friends Paintshop. I’ll be helping him remove all the bad paint down to bare metal for a complete repaint.

CHALLENGES

The main one this month was working outside in the winter weather!

PURCHASES

I made a large purchase from 914rubber. I got some front brake rotors from Pelican Parts and some wiring items from Auto Atlanta, plus a few bits from UK vendors. (but unfortunately unable to claim any discount from any vendors due to the time of ordering)

UPDATE

I’m keeping a daily diary and have just updated progress in my main Build off Thread, please take a look and I hope you’ll enjoy!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=247250

Regards
Darren C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.