Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
piscean914

Twin falls Idaho.

bad memories - 356 engine blew up at night on i-90 near twin falls - i managed to get a tow into town, and to complete the trip in a rental car - i came back to tow the 356 back with a u-haul, and after it was all loaded at the u-haul place, the u-haul employee "directed" me out of the parking space in reverse "directly" into their building, doing some cosmetic damage - "sorry you didn't get the insurance, sir" - and a bunch of crap after that - glad you're still truckin' - b
piscean914
i'm getting ready for thursday - are there any times for thursday's events? i checked the 1st page of the thread - thanks again, b
stevend914
Overnight in Klamath Falls, OR. Crater Lake NP tomorrow and then drive part way up the coast on US 101.
worn
QUOTE(piscean914 @ Jun 5 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Twin falls Idaho.

bad memories - 356 engine blew up at night on i-90 near twin falls - i managed to get a tow into town, and to complete the trip in a rental car - i came back to tow the 356 back with a u-haul, and after it was all loaded at the u-haul place, the u-haul employee "directed" me out of the parking space in reverse "directly" into their building, doing some cosmetic damage - "sorry you didn't get the insurance, sir" - and a bunch of crap after that - glad you're still truckin' - b

Wanna try and avoid that sorta encounter. Been road cooked enough to think a Portland June is gonna be fine. You would think I woulda been there already.
burton73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2018, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jun 5 2018, 06:03 PM) *
NT01's Andy?

Toyo R888R
popcorn[1].gif

Very nice looking rubber.

Bob B
jim_hoyland
Newberg 5 day weather forecast....

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USOR0244:1:US
green914
Ready to hit the road. driving.gif Taking off tomorrow morning at 5am, and hope to be in Newberg by 5pm. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 5 2018, 08:57 PM) *
Newberg 5 day weather forecast....

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USOR0244:1:US

Looks like i'll find out if those tires are worth anything in the rain ...
unsure.gif
Mikey914
Hoping for the best, but cool weather is good.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 5 2018, 09:51 PM) *

Ready to hit the road. driving.gif Taking off tomorrow morning at 5am, and hope to be in Newberg by 5pm. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

See you Wed ? I’m flying up today
ValcoOscar
You all have fun and please post lots of pictures.

No texting while driving...just lost a friends son

driving.gif

Oscar

jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2018, 06:10 PM) *

Anyone bringing a string alignment set?

I need to align my car (badly), i could disguise it as a tech session ...
biggrin.gif

I have arranged to borrow a Smart Strings set up for WCR.

I can probably borrow the Longacre digit scales.

Is there any interest in checking wheel weights and corner balance?

I have to go to the shop this afternoon and pick up the equipment and figure out how to get it into my Jetta.

Jim

SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 6 2018, 07:29 AM) *
biggrin.gif

I have to go to the shop this afternoon and pick up the equipment and figure out how to get it into my Jetta.

Corner balance is a whole nother ball of wax, but i can do a tech session on that as well if there is interest ...
smash.gif
Mueller
Not going to make it, had new xrays last night.and the fluid between my lungs and chest is slowly increasing again. Not worth driving up there just to end up in the ER again.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 6 2018, 02:20 PM) *

Not going to make it, had new xrays last night.and the fluid between my lungs and chest is slowly increasing again. Not worth driving up there just to end up in the ER again.

sad.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 6 2018, 09:40 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Corner balance is a whole nother ball of wax, but i can do a tech session on that as well if there is interest ...
smash.gif

My thought was to allow some people a chance to see the weight distribution on their cars and share some info on the principles and process. It is not a well understood aspect of chassis set-up.

I have done too many of these in a clean shop to get excited about doing it in a parking lot.

If I think I can fit it all in my Jetta I'll bring the scales and ramps.

Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 6 2018, 02:28 PM) *

biggrin.gif

smash.gif

My thought was to allow some people a chance to see the weight distribution on their cars and share some info on the principles and process. It is not a well understood aspect of chassis set-up.

I have done too many of these in a clean shop to get excited about doing it in a parking lot.

Jim

After my cornerbalance and alignment were done at IPB Autosport, my car handled so incredibly I was astounded! The very next autocross, I beat everything except two formula cars (Ford and a V) most of you don’t have the adjustability built into your cars to take full advantage and it is expensive. But it is like the difference between a hammer and a razor.

I assume Jim got these as a loan from Ron at IPB who is a member here. aktion035.gif
Tbrown4x4
I have a sneaky suspicion that many of us have spent more time on our cars in the last few weeks than we have in the last few months! (Or more)
Mikey914
Tell me about it.
Im in DMV right now as Ive been putting it off.
rhodyguy
biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
2nd arrival this pm
jim_hoyland
Next door is a great bar/restrsrsnt
stevend914
driving.gif Arrived Coos Bay half hour ago - 2400 miles driven so far, just underr 200 to go tomorrow driving-girl.gif
Larmo63
Everybody have fun, post lots of pictures!!!!
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 6 2018, 04:08 PM) *

2nd arrival this pm

I guess we are third then. 2300 Miles, and we are here. Can’t quite catch first and reverse, my window won’t roll up, and the rear trunk has a duct tape safety catch. But tomorrow I can sleep in. Whew. Now I can say I have driven 914s from coast to coast.
cary
You guys need anything tonight?
I'm about 5 miles over the hill ..................
worn
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 6 2018, 06:47 PM) *

You guys need anything tonight?
I'm about 5 miles over the hill ..................

Thanks Cary. Cannot wait to meet you. Crashing till tomorrow when I start on small repairs.
cary
Everyone's welcome to come out to my shop in Forest Grove tomorrow if you'd like.
I plan on being out there from 10 - 2. Installing the heater tin on Matt's car.

Oops ........... new schedule. Phone call while typing, 9 - 2. Need a quick look at Mark's shift linkage.

329 SW Stringtown Rd. Forest Grove
jcd914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 6 2018, 10:28 AM) *

biggrin.gif

smash.gif

Jim

Well this didn't work out. sad.gif

I went down to Ron Kain's shop, IPB Autosport to pickup the SmartStrings and figure out if I could fit the digital scales.
I measured the ramps and they are too long to fit in the trunk of my Jetta and I decided against putting them in the back seat.

And we could not find the SmartStrings. They were not in the corner of the shop they normally live and I looked around for quite awhile and could not find them. Ron has not been using them for awhile and does not know where they are. He didn't know they weren't in the far corner of the shop until this evening.

So no strings and no scales, we'll have to do a tech session on alignment another time.

Jim

jim_hoyland
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 6 2018, 07:51 PM) *

Yeah, that would be me ( not shown, in bed with a whiskey and splash). Window will have to wait till morning.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 6 2018, 08:38 PM) *
So no strings and no scales, we'll have to do a tech session on alignment another time.

Bummer ...
sad.gif
Matty900
Did a shake down run on my car. I drove the Saturday beach run to verify road conditions. Had a lot of fun. You guys are in for a treat.
Matty900
driving.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 6 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Everyone's welcome to come out to my shop in Forest Grove tomorrow if you'd like.
I plan on being out there from 10 - 2. Installing the heater tin on Matt's car.

Oops ........... new schedule. Phone call while typing, 9 - 2. Need a quick look at Mark's shift linkage.

329 SW Stringtown Rd. Forest Grove

I think a couple of us are planning to come over this am, thanks
Looks like 23 miles from the travel lodge
cary
Here's a shot of the property. Today use driveway #4. Drive slow its actually the landlords driveway.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Will be doing some last minute tweeks at Cary's this morning and will me there for cocktail hour at 5.

Lil' Cooperstown for Happy hour see you there !

worn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 7 2018, 07:09 AM) *

Will be doing some last minute tweeks at Cary's this morning and will me there for cocktail hour at 5.

Lil' Cooperstown for Happy hour see you there !

Where? What? Did you get my gauge yesterday?
Warren
OGmikey914
Hi Everyone!

I will be at the Travelodge parking lot tomorrow morning around 9:30 to get everyone their t-shirts/hats, etc. before we start the winery drive. See you all then.

Thanks!
Caroline
worn
QUOTE(OGmikey914 @ Jun 7 2018, 08:25 AM) *

Hi Everyone!

I will be at the Travelodge parking lot tomorrow morning around 9:30 to get everyone their t-shirts/hats, etc. before we start the winery drive. See you all then.

Thanks!
Caroline

Thank You!!
don-6
I'm heading to the airport soon.
See you guys for happy hour!

Don
JRust
What exactly is the plan for tonight. I see Pat's acres possibly & drive in movie? Neither say they are happening confused24.gif
Matty900
driving.gif
There is no cell coverage for much of the driving on Saturday so we will be printing out driving maps. For anyone that wants to download the maps or look at where we are going this time here you go:
Saturday
Cars and Coffee in Wilsonville at World of Speed for the early crowd:
http://mapq.st/2LvdQqc

Drive to the beach for Lunch:
http://mapq.st/2Jhvz7S

Return Trip stopping by Middle Motors (Cary's)
http://mapq.st/2LuZoyp
Going to be a great Day!!
OGmikey914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jun 7 2018, 10:51 AM) *

driving.gif
There is no cell coverage for much of the driving on Saturday so we will be printing out driving maps. For anyone that wants to download the maps or look at where we are going this time here you go:
Saturday
Cars and Coffee in Wilsonville at World of Speed for the early crowd:
http://mapq.st/2LvdQqc

Drive to the beach for Lunch:
http://mapq.st/2Jhvz7S

Return Trip stopping by Middle Motors (Cary's)
http://mapq.st/2LuZoyp
Going to be a great Day!!

Are we going to have a support vehicle trailing for those of us with cars that would be iffy to make the whole trip?
Jeffy

Are we going to have a support vehicle trailing for those of us with cars that would be iffy to make the whole trip?

I could bring my truck if you like. (I'm not having much luck getting my fun cars on the road.)
PanelBilly
I’ve got a truck but I left the house already without my hitch. Was plannng to bring it but Brain fart. Didn’t happen
Zaney
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jun 6 2018, 11:42 PM) *

driving.gif

Good running into you at the DubShop!
Have a great time with your awesome looking Teener!

Nate
JRust
AGAIN what is the plan tonight. Was going to run up after work. I don't want to drive up if everyone is going to be gone at the drive in. Can someone clarify the plan for tonight? PLEASE idea.gif
PanelBilly
Tasting has begun

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 7 2018, 06:23 PM) *

AGAIN what is the plan tonight. Was going to run up after work. I don't want to drive up if everyone is going to be gone at the drive in. Can someone clarify the plan for tonight? PLEASE idea.gif

There are no 'firmly planned' Thursday plans. Usually just check in. The drive in is just something fun people who arrive early enough can do.

Do you need Mark or Matt's number?

Matt seems to be confirming on Facebook that the drive in thing will happen. Raiders of the Lost Ark?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.