Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
mankowski
Had planned and really wanted to come out to see Cary's shop today or at least the drive in tonight but could not get the car started this morning -- no fuel pump -- and have a very soft brake pedal after a master cylinder replacement.

Worked all day on these, and after lots of tracing continuity on the relay board, found a short in the main 25amp fuse tab rivets, and got that repaired and now the car starts!

But, before I can come out I need to get the air out of the brake system. I bench bled the MC before installing it, but...not good now. Might be getting air in at the line connections on top, or...?

If all fails, I will come out tomorrow in my Vanagon, if that's okay with folks...this is my first WCR...

Eric
worn
Hope you make it! With brake bleeding it seems as if at first you don’t succeed you will later on.
Mikey914
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 7 2018, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 7 2018, 07:09 AM) *

Will be doing some last minute tweeks at Cary's this morning and will me there for cocktail hour at 5.

Lil' Cooperstown for Happy hour see you there !

Where? What? Did you get my gauge yesterday?
Warren

Yes and have it with me
Mueller
Can I paypal someone to ship me my and Sandys shirts and hats? I was also suppossed to pick up a hat for John (jeeperjohn)

jim_hoyland
Uh oh...
76-914
Don't let those showers stop you, Jim. Remember RT66 2016 . Sure it rained but every time we reached a destination or stopping point the rain would quit until we were back in the cars. The 914 Gods are with ya'll. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
green914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 8 2018, 06:11 AM) *

Can I paypal someone to ship me my and Sandys shirts and hats? I was also suppossed to pick up a hat for John (jeeperjohn)

I would be more than happy to pick up your shirts and hats, and deliver them to you when we get home. smile.gif
Sorry you could n0t make it up to the party. sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 8 2018, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 8 2018, 06:11 AM) *

I would be more than happy to pick up your shirts and hats, and deliver them to you when we get home. smile.gif
Sorry you could n0t make it up to the party. sad.gif

Thanks, I would appreciate that very much.

On the plus side about the weather, at least the beer will stay cold.

worn
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 8 2018, 05:45 AM) *

Don't let those showers stop you, Jim. Remember RT66 2016 . Sure it rained but every time we reached a destination or stopping point the rain would quit until we were back in the cars. The 914 Gods are with ya'll. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Yeah, but sometimes it was snow.
Archie
Big thank you to everyone involved in the WCR and especially the organisers, Mark, Caroline and everyone for making us so welcome. I even learned quite a few things about our machines, not to mention making new friends!

I know the 914 is a tremendous car but it definitely has owners to match! Can't wait to see everyone again next time!

Sorry we buzzed off early, but the Coast was calling. Fantastic hailstones they have out here!!

Best to everyone from Dave (Archie the Brit) and Li Lodge.. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
stevend914
Big thanks to the Whitesells for excellent event, very well organized, great Saturday drive. Met some great people this trip and re-met some from previous events. Hope to see y'all at a future event.

Steve
jim_hoyland
agree.gif Great fun ! The drive out to Tillamook was the best.
jim_hoyland
Sir Andy was awarded this fantastic picture taken during the WCR at Mammouth
Mikey914
Thanks to all that attended, and supported the event. We has some discussions about next year and are looking for someone to step up and do the planning and organization for WCR 2019!

Also, we are looking toward 2020, the 50th anniversary for our car!. There has been some talk that this could be an extended drive that allows folks to overnight in different locations as the group moved, this may allow for others to join in and pop out at different intervals. The weekend festivities being somewhere in the middle so it's somewhat centrally located. More to come on that.

Again a big thanks to Caroline Whitesell for really helping to get this all together in a neat package!
rhodyguy
The PNW weather is just another challenge. Tough it out and Drive for blue sky.

Great job by the team!
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 10 2018, 05:02 PM) *

The PNW weather is just another challenge. Tough it out and Drive for blue sky.

Great job by the team!

Yeah, it is just like I have always loved. Less than half a mile from the parking lot the cone set screw backed out of the u joint connecting the rod through the firewall to the rod to the side shift console. Not wanting to trust the factory jack, I rolled to straddle a swale I the pavement. This allowed me space to reach under the car. Of course it also was there to channel rainwater, and yes it was raining.

My heroic wife, Donna jiggled the shifter until the set screw holes lined up. Also she sacrificed her hand mirror from her purse. Holes lined up, set screw back in and whadayaknow? I have an unused wcr shirt to change into.

Dried off and resting near Spokane. Thanks everyone!! Especially the organizers, Cary, Caroline and Jack for a trip I will always treasure.
Warren
cary
Another safe lift is to drive one side of the car up on the curb. Glad it worked out ..
I was working on my plan of attack during church ............
Jeffy
I was unsure about showing up without the right car, but I had a great time. Thanks go to Tim and Mark for rides on Friday and an extra large thank you goes to Warren for a great ride in his six.

Next time I'll have the right car and the missus.

Thanks,
-Jeff
SirAndy
Made it home without any incidents. We had rain down to about Medford and of course the moment we cross into Kalifornia, the clouds were gone and the temperature went up into the 90s.
rolleyes.gif

9 hours of driving.gif ...

unsure.gif yawn.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
PanelBilly
Great weekend with great people
ConeDodger
Who won the brakes this year? evilgrin.gif

Jeffy
Eric won the brakes.
My ticket was only one number off...
Mikey914
Glad to see everyone had fun. Don and I had the top down for the rain on Sat drive, and we didn't have to slow too much so we stayed pretty dry. heat worked well too - bonus.
ConeDodger
Eric? blink.gif
Mikey914
Pretty sure it was Amoy's hand. 3 of a kind. Cary had 2 Queens and an Ace, we thought he had won it initially.
green914
Pulled into the driveway about 11:30pm - driving.gif didn't get on the road until 12:30. We had a great time - thanks to all the sponsors, and organizers. Great choice of roads on Saturday's drive, pray.gif good job Matt.
green914
Thanks to all the great folks at 914 Rubber! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 11 2018, 03:04 AM) *

Pretty sure it was Amoy's hand. 3 of a kind. Cary had 2 Queens and an Ace, we thought he had won it initially.

So who won the brakes? huh.gif
cary
Sir Andy
don-6
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 10 2018, 10:15 PM) *

Glad to see everyone had fun. Don and I had the top down for the rain on Sat drive, and we didn't have to slow too much so we stayed pretty dry. heat worked well too - bonus.

I rode with Mark in the morning and Greenie in the afternoon with the top off, in the rain. We didn't get too wet, and drove on some really great roads.
I also got a ride with on Friday with Jim in his 3.6l 914-6.
Thank you to the organizers, Mark, Matt, Mikey and Caroline, and everybody who helped out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 10 2018, 11:04 PM) *

No, i had the 3 of a kind with 2s.

Amoy actually had a flush but she left before we did the drawing and i didn't notice until after the dinner.

So technically, Amoy won the brake rebuild coupon!
cheer.gif
stevend914
Made it home around 3pm cdt today - 4942 miles - had a great time

Thanks to all who organized the event
rhodyguy
That was fast!
worn
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 12 2018, 12:34 PM) *

Made it home around 3pm cdt today - 4942 miles - had a great time

Thanks to all who organized the event

We are in Butte Montana. Stopped to see friends.
Click to view attachment
This isn’t quite home, but it sure is nice. We have about 3300 miles in so far. Speed limit is 80, which can be fun, but a lot of work hour after hour.

I had a great time, and have to say you are all perfect.
worn
Double post
worn
Must have held the iPad upside down.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 23 2018, 09:37 PM) *

So had Mikey and Caroline helping to put this together and wanted to explain a little about how this is working this year.

First we are allowing guys to register for a single day, if they can only be there Friday or Saturday for the Drives.

I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT DAY REGISTRANTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN THE PRIZES OR DRAWINGS.
Also no shirt is included.

You will want the full registration to get in on the goodies. PMB is sponsoring the Friday drive. We also have a prize as part of the Sat Drive and the banquet. We did this as we have some 911 guys that wanted to tag along.

Day registrants will get drive decals for drive they sign up for and full registrants will get both.

We are also starting with only $170 in the bank and will have to pay for much of the expenses out of pocket to bring this all together.

This takes us to the Friday lunch options - We have an opportunity to have a sandwiches brought in by one of the wineries, that has been most generous with allowing us to have lunch there at no charge, and they are even bringing in beer for us too. I highly recommend signing up for the lunch here and even have the vegetarian option for Elliot ! We will actually get a short tour of this winery about 10 min to show us the process, they use and they are one of the few that actually bottle their own too. We have a great even planned and as interest in our cars grows we will probably be meeting some future 914 owners too.

https://grouporderform.com/orderforms/49225

Just a recap on this. after Tshirt and hat sales have closed out we have $833.90 in the kitty. Some of that was also due to a donation for sales of a rotisserie the Rhodyguy helps put together. Refresh my memory who donated it. I want to thank them too.

All in all a successful event on the ledger. We did also donate some into event, but really it was all of you that made it work.

Thanks to all of you for helping to make this happen.

I'll also be bumping the 2019 thread with this.

-Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.