Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Andyrew
WOW!!!!

And I thought the P crest you made Tony was big!!!!

That is nuts!!!!
BuddyV
Chris.... wait until they see the awards you made for WCR2020....

first.gif
Optimusglen
Looks like I'll be making out that way for this, coming from snowy Minnesota. Sadly I wont be bringing my 914 along, but it will be cool to meet some of you guys.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2020, 11:51 AM) *

Looks like I'll be making out that way for this, coming from snowy Minnesota. Sadly I wont be bringing my 914 along, but it will be cool to meet some of you guys.

beerchug.gif

Hope to see you there Glen!
Optimusglen
Here's a question for you guys, I read further back in the thread that sometimes questions get lost in Roberts inbox.

I'm flying into L.A. and coming up with a friend in his 914. I don't usually like going on drives like this as a passenger. Would I still be accepted if I rented a Boxster through Turo for the actual drive?
Coondog
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2020, 02:21 PM) *

Here's a question for you guys, I read further back in the thread that sometimes questions get lost in Roberts inbox.

I'm flying into L.A. and coming up with a friend in his 914. I don't usually like going on drives like this as a passenger. Would I still be accepted if I rented a Boxster through Turo for the actual drive?

Of course, didn’t even need to ask.....although there is the Boxster drivers have to buy the, beer3.gif rule

We are meeting up with other SoCal drivers in Gorman to caravan on the way up to NoCal.
Steve
I've been to multiple WCR's and some people bring there "other" Porsche when there 914 is not available. Usually a boxster or Cayman, but sometimes a 944, etc.
tygaboy
What about awards? What about if we start with some 914s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em63HwQMsho

The panel is what isn't being used. They are turning out pretty cool.
RoadGlue
smilie_pokal.gif
914-300Hemi
Those look amazing
flat4guy
Very cool design - hope you have a "crusty old green" award. haha
Tonyooc
I like em...they look good
Krieger
Sweet!
BuddyV
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2020, 02:21 PM) *

Glen -

Guilty as charged..... I do lose a few burried emails. But I hope you received my reply email (personal email)...... we are happy to have any cars attend, as long as they have love for the 914

(and like i suggested.... do the Turo rental.... get a Boxster.... and give me a ride!)

Robert

beerchug.gif
Larmo63
Are assdraggers allowed to hang out with you guys?

I'm doing some bumper work on my car, if it's done I may join up.
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 23 2020, 04:32 AM) *

Bring it on. Wouldn’t be the same without you.

tygaboy
Award progress!
Andyrew
Damn those are cool!!!
Cairo94507
@Tygaboy Man those silhouettes are cool. Love the large one on the trunk. beerchug.gif
Looking forward to coming up and seeing your car.
Steve
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 23 2020, 06:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 23 2020, 04:32 AM) *

Bring it on. Wouldn’t be the same without you.

agree.gif 14.gif
The closest we can get to a like button!!
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2020, 04:21 PM) *

IF it's raining... I will be driving the Cayman, not taking the 914 out in the rain huh.gif
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 23 2020, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2020, 04:21 PM) *

IF it's raining... I will be driving the Cayman, not taking the 914 out in the rain huh.gif

And "Unfortunately" I was at TRE yesterday, David say's he won't be able to make it, had a list of 30 things needed to get the car ready... sunglasses.gif
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 21 2020, 08:02 PM) *

We are ready to take your registration for WCR 2020!!!!

Dates are finalized as November 5th - 8th

Please send an email to me, Robert (Buddy V.) to begin the registration..... I will reply with an attendee information sheet that I will use to know the car you are bringing, special diet needs, contact info, etc.

email: robert@northbayofficefurniture.com

Cost for the event will be $75/person. (paypal same address)

Your $75 will help us cover the cost of the BBQ dinner on Saturday, T-shirt, Awards, beer, water, donuts, possibly an event poster, etc, etc......

We are planning the heck out of the drives to make sure you enjoy Sonoma/Napa counties..... We are super excited to host all of you for three+ days of driving & socializing.

Here is a general peek at the agenda (detailed agenda will be sent to you prior to the event):

Thursday, November 5th:
Arrive and relax (make sure to book your room at the Motel 6). No formal plans this day, but I will make sure that we gather at a beer garden at happy hour. Lagunitas is 100 yards away from the hotel. Details to follow.

Friday, November 6th:
Morning drive to Napa.... we will be stopping half way at a winery that has a killer deli..... relax a bit for lunch, and continue the drive. Head back toward home..... second drive that afternoon. Optional dinner/beer gathering to finish the day.

Saturday, November 7th:
Meet up early for coffee and donuts..... a bit of a surprise "Tech Day" in the planning stages. Morning drive consists of the Sonoma Coast (Epic!). Dinner this evening is the group dinner.... BBQ and awards ceremony.

Sunday, November 8th:
Although this is the final day and most will be departing, we are open to the idea of continuing the event for those able to stay an additional day. This will be a slower driving day.... stop at a couple of wineries and take it easy. Optional dinner at a "nicer" location (Bring cleaner jeans). I will open the final day to anyone interested. This might be a great option for those of you bringing a spouse.

The following members have expressed interest in attending. I will mark as "PAID" once I receive your Paypal.

Registered Members: (44) cars! .... and counting

BuddyV (Paid)
MarkHoward (Paid)
Tygaboy (Paid)
CoonDog (Paid)
Krieger (Paid)
Jim Hoyland (Paid)
RoadGlue (+1) (Paid)
JRUST (Paid)
Mueller (Paid)
914-300Hemi (+1) (Paid)
Steve (Paid)
JamesJ (Paid)
WES (Paid) +2
Fiacra (Paid)
FL000 (+1) (Paid)
Tony OOC (paid)
Flat4Guy (+1) (Paid)
Strawman (+1) (Paid)
914 Toy (Paid)
Slam254 (Paid)
RetroRacer (Paid)
Alfred C. (screen name TBD) (paid)
Cairo94507 (+1) (Paid)
Andyrew (Paid)
Rmarx (+1) (Paid)
DucRS (Paid)
DannyMac (+1) (Paid)
MikeD (Paid)
D. Dalen (Paid)
Mike 63 (Paid)
TRE Cup (Paid)
"Wyvern" (Paid)
"DK23" (Paid)
Isaac Potter (Paid)
914 RZ-1 (Paid)
PCA 7GGR (Paid)
914 Boss (Paid)
Mitch Rossi (Paid)
Dan 10101 (Paid)
Greg Welch (Paid)
914-6R (Paid)
Lawrence from SF (Paid)
bobboinski (Paid)
Optimusglen (Paid)
Rick1952 (Paid) (+1)

The "last message" I received from Robert was "expect a schedule shortly" 3 weeks ago ? Did I miss that ? or still expecting. OR is it posted here somewhere ?
RoadGlue
Sorry. I was hoping to have the schedule doc finalized yesterday and ran out of time. I have my evening today carved aside to wrap it up. It's been a living doc up to this point but we've just got all the details locked into place.
Mueller
Great job on that display for 914rubber and those smaller 914 silhouettes. Amazing that the plasma cutter can cut such fine detail.
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 23 2020, 12:51 PM) *

Sorry. I was hoping to have the schedule doc finalized yesterday and ran out of time. I have my evening today carved aside to wrap it up. It's been a living doc up to this point but we've just got all the details locked into place.

smilie_wirdgut.gif
914-300Hemi
Well the 914 won’t be ready for WCR, so I will be bringing the ass dragger.
Matty900
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2020, 01:38 PM) *

WCR 2020 goodies are in production at the Red Barn! smash.gif welder.gif

@Mikey914 @matty900 , Here's a little gift from me to thank you for all you do for our community. Now come get this thing outta my shop - it's taking up too much space!

See all you WCR attendees soon!

Wow aktion035.gif aktion035.gif That's pretty amazing beerchug.gif I was considering driving the 914 down. I have traveled with the truck and trailer a lot. Since it is not my trailer I will have to make sure I can use it again. I just got back from going down to Vegas and LA with it. Every time I borrow it I bring it back nicer than I got it. My buddy is going to have a new trailer at this rate.
Unpretentious
Hi all,

Late to the game, but we're coming! Would like to join the group driving up I-5 from So Cal on Thursday. We live an hour east of I-5 & the 152 intersection. Will the group be stopping at Harris Ranch as someone suggested? If you are, that's an hour south of where we'd connect with you. If someone can call me when you first arrive, that'd give us time to catch up with you as you're passing the 152.

Thank you,
Jerry & Cathy
559-871-9641

Coondog
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Oct 25 2020, 03:59 PM) *

Hi all,

Late to the game, but we're coming! Would like to join the group driving up I-5 from So Cal on Thursday. We live an hour east of I-5 & the 152 intersection. Will the group be stopping at Harris Ranch as someone suggested? If you are, that's an hour south of where we'd connect with you. If someone can call me when you first arrive, that'd give us time to catch up with you as you're passing the 152.

Thank you,
Jerry & Cathy
559-871-9641

We will meet you at the 152. I will call u as we get closer to the event.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 19 2020, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 14 2020, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(DK23 @ Oct 14 2020, 11:29 AM) *

What route are the SoCal guys taking on Thursday morning up to Petaluma? I-5 is pretty boring, anyone going Hwy 1 or 101?

As we get closer we will finalize the meet up spot in Gorman for everyone coming through LA on different freeways. Looking around 7am.

Meet up spot for all the SoCal gang will be the McDonalds off the 5 fwy in Gorman at 7am. There is a Shell station across the street for a fuel top off.
We can decide from there where are next stop is, Harris Ranch or other ??

I think the plan is just get there as fast as we can

Pm me if your meeting us in Gorman
Those meeting up so far are
Coondog
Steve
914 toy
914 RZ-1
Mike D
Danny Mac
DK 23

We will meet you at Gorman.

Ravi
Unpretentious
As I messaged Coondog, Actually, it’d make more sense to meet 5 minutes further up I-5 at Santa Nella as Los Banos is about 10 min east of I-5 on 152. Santa Nella is right on the 5 and has several gas stations including a Love’s Travel Stop.

Jerry M.
BuddyV
***** Update *****

The schedule was emailed to all registered attendees over the weekend. If you are sigbed up and did NOT receive the email, please contact me.

Robert.... my cell is (707) 888-1857

My email is robert@northbayofficefurniture.com

DANNYMAC
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Oct 26 2020, 12:19 PM) *

***** Update *****

The schedule was emailed to all registered attendees over the weekend. If you are sigbed up and did NOT receive the email, please contact me.

I did not receive anything ?
BuddyV
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 26 2020, 10:59 AM) *

***** Update *****

D -
.... I sent you an email to BOTH emails I have for you. Please call me.... I have some questions. We can fix this.

Robert (707) 888-1857
BuddyV

***** Update *****

All sorted.

grouphug.gif
Krieger
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Oct 26 2020, 11:35 AM) *

***** Update *****

All sorted.

grouphug.gif

The "fix" is in! lol-2.gif

Sorry...I'm getting excited for the event. biggrin.gif
Wyvern
Sent you an email Robert ... No email(s)

Thanks
BuddyV
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Oct 26 2020, 07:02 PM) *

Sent you an email Robert ... No email(s)

Thanks

Brian..... email replied. Let me know that you received the schedule..... it has bounced back to me a couple of times. Not sure of the issue....

Robert (707) 888-1857
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Oct 25 2020, 11:02 PM) *

As I messaged Coondog, Actually, it’d make more sense to meet 5 minutes further up I-5 at Santa Nella as Los Banos is about 10 min east of I-5 on 152. Santa Nella is right on the 5 and has several gas stations including a Love’s Travel Stop.

Jerry M.

Hey SoCal guys, we might be joining you. Did you nail down a meetup location and time?
Coondog
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 27 2020, 11:26 AM) *

Jerry M.

Hey SoCal guys, we might be joining you. Did you nail down a meetup location and time?

Because there’s so many freeways out of LA, the big meet up spot will be Gorman at 7am with a set time to get back on the 5 by 7:30am. Our next stop for fuel and food will be the In out Burger in Santa Nella. Should be there by 10:30 am. We can then discuss what the best route into Petaluma is and if we make another stop.
BuddyV
**** Update *****

T-Shirts have been ordered , and my supplier is not offering to print additional without a fee.

So....

New rate for NEW sign-ups is now $65/attendee..... no T-shirt.

Drive Safely tot he event!!!
flat4guy
For those that can't make it until Saturday am where do we pick up our goodie bags/shirts/etc...? Thank you.
BuddyV
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Oct 27 2020, 07:31 PM) *

For those that can't make it until Saturday am where do we pick up our goodie bags/shirts/etc...? Thank you.

I will be driving my Subaru Outback all weekend as chase vehicle. I should have all the goody bags with me.

Robert (707) 888-1857
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 27 2020, 06:51 PM) *

Jerry M.

Because there’s so many freeways out of LA, the big meet up spot will be Gorman at 7am with a set time to get back on the 5 by 7:30am. Our next stop for fuel and food will be the In out Burger in Santa Nella. Should be there by 10:30 am. We can then discuss what the best route into Petaluma is and if we make another stop.

I was just up there a few weeks ago, best route is 5 to 580 takes you right into San Rafael after that north ?
BuddyV
QUOTE(DANNYMAC @ Oct 28 2020, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 27 2020, 06:51 PM) *

Jerry M.

I was just up there a few weeks ago, best route is 5 to 580 takes you right into San Rafael after that north ?

Yes.... San Rafael is on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge..... from there, Petaluma is 21 miles North on Hwy 101

driving-girl.gif
Coondog
Oh no........Rain forecast for Friday.
wes
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 29 2020, 06:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I'm out as the scope of my project just grew.

Have fun, bad timing on my part. I'd love to join you guys!!!
Coondog
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 29 2020, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 29 2020, 06:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I gotta get a new weather app. One minute it says rain the next partly cloudy... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.