Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Sorry for the sideways pictures I can't figure out why my I pad is showing them this way.
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Click to view attachment
second wind
Awesome pictures....thank you so much....looks tough to decide who gets an award.....so many beautiful cars...like all of them...but I am partial to any 914.....I love every single one....you sure have some special cars up there....like all of them...woooohoooo!!!
gg
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Click to view attachment
cali914
Thanks
markhoward
some snaps
markhoward
some mo
914SIXXation
QUOTE(markhoward @ Nov 8 2020, 12:39 AM) *

some mo

Thanks for sharing all of the great photos! Looking forward to seeing more......Keep having FUN!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
What a terrific time! My brother and I were only there for the Friday and Saturday portion of this event but we had a great time. It means so much to be able to connect actual people to our screen presence.

A huge THANK YOU to Chris @Tygaboy Robert @BuddyV Randy @RoadGlue and Mark @Markhoward and anyone else who had their hands in this, for all they did to make this event happen.

The cool cars were all well worth seeing. Every time Dan started his V-8 914 it gave me chills- that car just sounds amazing.

Finally seeing Pete Stout's amazing car, which he has owned since he was 15 (If I heard him right) was bitchin. I also learned a bit about our cars history. Thanks Pete for the nice talk and of course the cool water canister.
Andyrew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMiNECJdkKc

Quick and dirty edit of some of the driving.

Fun stuff is in the gopros, well get that up in a couple weeks...

driving.gif
Shivers
What a great event, even during a pandemic, must be love.
tygaboy
I drove sweep on both days of driving and 2020 continues to be a unique year. The tally for cars that started the event at Live Oak Farm:

- Not a single break down
- I didn't open my tool box
- The floor jack never left its spot in the bed of my truck

Yes, @Dan10101 lost his starter (or something that prevented his beast from starting w/the key) but there were always folks ready to jump in and help with a bump start!

All the cars from Friday morning's start are in the Saturday evening group photo!
(OK there may have been folks who left early, but you get the idea...)

What a cool group of cars. Most importantly, what a great group of people. pray.gif

Thanks to each of you for helping make WCR 2020 one for the record books! beerchug.gif
Dion
Awesome pictures. Thanks for posting them. What a great gathering of peeps and 914’s.
Safe travels for all.
BuddyV
Pete Stout.... 914 owner & Magazine guy (in that order)..... thank you for your support. You had us hanging on your every word! Cheers to you, Pete!Click to view attachment
BuddyV
Napa Drive, WCR 2020

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=768
038]
BuddyV
THANK YOU to my team: Chris, Mark & Randy! Great Team, Great Time had by all.

*** No Accidents
*** No Ticket
*** (almost) No Rain

Success!

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Just got home from the WCR, had a good time. It was great to see some familiar faces that I have not seen in a long time.

Also met some new friends that had been kind enough to let me be a passenger in their /6 conversions..thanks Greg and Keith.
For the most part of the weekend I hung out with the SoCal guys and enjoyed evey minute.

I did drive my car to the Saturday evening photoshoot and dinner.
ndfrigi
wow! successful 2020 WCR! thank you for sharing lots of pictures!
tygaboy
@SirAndy we missed you!
Wyvern
Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
So, so good to see so many people with so many smiles—and so many cool 914s—yesterday!

Wish I could have stayed for dinner and caught up with a number of old friends—perhaps next year? Thanks for including me last night, and for the awesome gifts! beerchug.gif
iankarr
Bummed that I couldn't make the West Coast Ramble this year. Sharing the video I made at last year's event so those of us who couldn't travel can at least be there in spirit wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjZFSKf1yg

Andyrew
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 8 2020, 11:21 AM) *

So, so good to see so many people with so many smiles—and so many cool 914s—yesterday!

Wish I could have stayed for dinner and caught up with a number of old friends—perhaps next year? Thanks for including me last night, and for the awesome gifts! beerchug.gif

Thank you for the wonderful gifts and awesome speech!
dt4
The Irish green 1.8 looks absolutely fantastic
FL000
Thanks to the folks that put this event on. Even though our trip only lasted a little over 24 hours (engine problems) my wife and I got to meet some new people and had fun while it lasted. Looking forward to trying again next year beerchug.gif
Coondog
Made it home in 7 hours, split the rain and snow down the middle, only got a little wet.
Thanks to all those who made this event possible. Met some new Teeners who were great. Mike M. it was a pleasure meeting you, hope all the best for you.

914_7T3

Thanks to all for sharing the pics and experiences for those that could not attend. Looks like it was a great event and sorry that I missed out. Would have been great to hear Pete speak on these awesome cars. driving.gif

ValcoOscar
I nominate Robert, Chris, Mark and Randy for best supporting cast.

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
It looks like you guys and gals had fun. I'm sorry I had to miss it, I will have the car done next week, bad timing.

There's always next year!
flat4guy
What a fun event - first time but not the last. Rain on the way there but made it home dry, met some great people and beautiful drive. Thank you to all that put this on.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=768
082]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=768086]
Michael N
A few from Saturday....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Michael N
More...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Michael N

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Got home safely put 1,250 miles on the 911. We had a wonderful time and thank you for putting it together. On our way back we stopped at San Francisco and visited Michelle’s parents at Presido cemetery and then had a wonderful lunch in Monterey.

It was great to see everyone and meet new people.

I will post pictures later.
strawman
I've attended several WCRs over the years, but this was my first where I actually drove my 914. Needless to say, it was the best one so far for me! I took hardly any pictures, since I spent most of my time talking with my some new and many long-time 914 friends, so most of the pics below are from Nancy's iPhone.

First pic is of my beast hooked up to the motorhome. Due to COVID-19, we decided to provide some space by staying at the nearby KOA. I really missed hangin' with everyone at Motel 6, but this was the only way that my wife Nancy would come along and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Click to view attachment

Cali914 is building an Ecotec-powered monster, so we had a great time chatting about our modifications. I look forward to seeing his car soon.

Click to view attachment

The first day's drive was great, and I really enjoyed watching DANNYMAC flog is original 20k mile car right in front of me! The pic below is in the trees somewhere in the Sonoma mountains.

Click to view attachment

The day ended at Bear Republic Brewery in Santa Rosa. It was great to see that, despite some pretty rough roads and some great twisties, all cars seemed to have made it unscathed. Here's a pic of the parking lot.

Click to view attachment

Next up is a vista point along Highway 1. Again, a great time to hang out, try to socially distance and talk about our cars. Below is a pic of me and my most-patient wife, who has supported me throughout my 11-year build (that is still far from "done").

Click to view attachment

Although there are many great pics above, and I can't wait to see Matt's drone shots, I thought I would add one that I really like.

Click to view attachment

Thanks to everyone who helped set up this great event. I can't wait to move my car to the next phase over the winter! Now I'm off to update my build blog...
RoadGlue
Good seeing a lot of you on Friday. I'm dealing with some pain issues and couldn't make it all day Saturday, though I did run out to the river late morning yesterday and ran into a few of you in Guerneville. We had a small caravan over the Bohemian Hwy and then down to Freestone.

I shot a little bit of video at the ranch on Friday using the big camera and gimbal -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFIdhUcf870 - Just 30 seconds of footage, but for those of you that got a little lost I think you'll get it! blink.gif

This video is 4:30 long, but it's pretty ho-hum GoPro footage. I didn't have the suction cup mount with me, so I was limited on angles. Anyway, here ya go -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kITJyOuEKvk

Thanks to everyone that made this happen.

Hope to see everyone next year,

Randy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.