Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2022 - Sept. 15-18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
mxkinn01
I'm registered and room booked. Plan is to drive up Thursday morning. Looking forward to this event, see you there.
Eric_Shea
Ian and I were out previewing the menu and meeting the owners of The Notch Pub in Kamas today. It’s a hard job but... must be done! huh.gif biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
Looks like some EASY hard work! Glad you made it through the day lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Only 4 more slots left before we go to the waitlist!

We currently have 71 guests and 42 cars signed up.

Payment or cancellations will be due by 8/15 to give our waitlist friends time to make accommodations at our host hotel. Thanks everyone!
Eric_Shea
Dave Morton from Maddog Motorsports comes through with a slew of items for the Raffle. There’s an RSR style sway bar stiffening kit, camber shims (you need them, you just don’t know it) and heater block off plates.

We use Dave’s chassis stiffening kits and engine mounts on virtually every -6 build here at PMB. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Larry and I hit the dinner/awards banquet restaurant up today for lunch. Plans in the works. It’s going to be epic!!

Click to view attachment
We've got our own little party space (they musta been warned in advance) huh.gif

Click to view attachment
Gulf-Boy get's a little giddy!!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 28 2022, 05:39 PM) *

Dave Morton from Maddog Motorsports comes through with a slew of items for the Raffle. There’s an RSR style sway bar stiffening kit, camber shims (you need them, you just don’t know it) and heater block off plates.

We use Dave’s chassis stiffening kits and engine mounts on virtually every -6 build here at PMB. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

We are also using the Maddog sheet metal stiffening items all throughout the 8gtt proj; great QC on their product . I do like those 1-piece camber shims biggrin.gif
marty914.jpg
jim_hoyland
Will there be entertainment ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWbqqzsJNA
914werke
is that what you call that?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 9 2022, 02:45 PM) *

is that what you call that?
oops, edited the selection… smile.gif
PanelBilly
Julie and I are all paid up and now we need to figure out what rental car to use. No 914s on Drive Share and Turo has mostly SUVs. There’s a Panamera for reasonable $ but might as well drive a Kia than to bring a slug to a teener event
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 18 2022, 10:58 PM) *

I probably need to build an engine, so....

I'm optimistic in a kinda stupid way, so I registered last month biggrin.gif

Then this happened today because I know the Secret type.gif

IPB Image

Why tear apart a DOHC for a head gasket when you can bolt-in upgrade +80hp piratenanner.gif
914-300Hemi
We are registered and booked.
shredtherad
I am registred, coming from Longmont, Colorado. I just picked up a car after years of looking one! The drive makes me a little nervous from Northern Colorado.

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
You have plenty of time to make sure the car will make the trip. Drive it, that will answer a lot of your questions.
shredtherad
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jul 27 2022, 11:50 AM) *

You have plenty of time to make sure the car will make the trip. Drive it, that will answer a lot of your questions.

Very true and I have been getting some drive time and been fixing some stuff as it comes up.

- Hope to have the SS fuel line swap done before, I grabbed them from Tangerine Racing.
- Maybe the Fuel Pump Relocation too but so far all has been ok with vapor lock and such.

Eric_Shea
Now’s the Time!

We are officially overbooked for Red Rocks Classic 2022! Now is the time to make your payment, select your shirt size or… heaven forbid, politely bow out. We have over a dozen people on the waitlist that would love to join us.

Please visit the link below to make your payment and ensure your spot for the event now:

https://www.redrocksclassic.com/book-online

Again, if you can’t make it, we need to know now so we can free up space for those who are in-line. Recent supply chain issues make this doubly important so we can make sure we have enough of the raw materials for T-Shirts for the event.

We currently have you booked for:

• Entry to the 2022 Red Rock Classic

• Thursday night welcome reception ("Air Cooled Bash")

• Friday Lunch - The Notch Pub, Kamas, UT

• Saturday Kindig-It Lunch and Tour - Kindig-It Design, Millcreek, UT

• Saturday Awards Banquet - Garage Grill, Herriman, UT

• Event T-Shirt (specify sizes at checkout please)

Host Hotel Information

Your host hotel is the Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Midvale, close-by to PMB Performance. You should have booked your room using our special rate online. If not, please use the following link and you’re your room(s) ASAP. Cutoff for the RRC 2022 rate is August 25th. Room check-in begins at 3pm on Thursday September 15th.

https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations...mp;app=resvlink

Thank you and have a great weekend!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 29 2022, 02:48 PM) *

Now’s the Time!

We are officially overbooked for Red Rocks Classic 2022! Now is the time to make your payment, select your shirt size or… heaven forbid, politely bow out. We have over a dozen people on the waitlist that would love to join us.

Please visit the link below to make your payment and ensure your spot for the event now:

Again, if you can’t make it, we need to know now so we can free up space for those who are in-line. Recent supply chain issues make this doubly important so we can make sure we have enough of the raw materials for T-Shirts for the event.

We currently have you booked for:

• Entry to the 2022 Red Rock Classic

• Thursday night welcome reception ("Air Cooled Bash")

• Friday Lunch - The Notch Pub, Kamas, UT

• Saturday Kindig-It Lunch and Tour - Kindig-It Design, Millcreek, UT

• Saturday Awards Banquet - Garage Grill, Herriman, UT

• Event T-Shirt (specify sizes at checkout please)

Host Hotel Information

Your host hotel is the Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Midvale, close-by to PMB Performance. You should have booked your room using our special rate online. If not, please use the following link and you’re your room(s) ASAP. Cutoff for the RRC 2022 rate is August 25th. Room check-in begins at 3pm on Thursday September 15th.

Thank you and have a great weekend!!

Do you have a link to a list of who is registered and paid so we know who we have to avoid? is coming?
tygaboy
I'm out. And I emailed Eric to let him know my space is available.
Apologies to those hoping to see the Ferrari build - you'll just have to come to WCR 2023!
Eric_Shea
Spokeworks comes through with their amazing LED taillight conversions. A few lucky 914 owners are going to walk home with a set of these!

Square for the traditionalists in the crowd and round for that “R” type outline.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Eric,

I may have missed it, but where is the tow vehicle/trailer parking?

Clay
Eric_Shea
https://www.redrocksclassic.com/general-3

Lots of trailer parking. wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Saturday September 17th... 9:30 to 11:00 cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

We had three slots open up over the weekend. I was able to move a few people up and into the event roster.

If you're interested in RRC 2022...

Register Here:

https://www.redrocksclassic.com/events/red-...ks-classic/form

We're down to the last 6 unpaid reservations. If you're an elite member of that team, please pay now or politely bow out so others can join. Thanks Gang! See you soon smilie_pokal.gif

Pay Here:

914werke
Speed week is cancelled~!! Rain on the Salt.... I hope it dries out
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 8 2022, 12:41 PM) *

A "lot" of rain... The good thing is we're the second driest State in the land so we're hoping it will be plenty dry by next month.
914werke
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2022, 12:49 PM) *
A "lot" of rain... The good thing is we're the second driest State in the land so we're hoping it will be plenty dry by next month.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 8 2022, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2022, 12:49 PM) *

So it is back to being an actual lake........
Eric_Shea
Not a problem…

Click to view attachment
Elvira
icon_bump.gif one month. popcorn[1].gif
mgp4591
And the World of Speed is canceled as well...3" of water on the lanes isn't the best way to break records.
We also have Octoberfest happening up at Snowbird if we get a breath during all that our hosts have planned. It's a beautiful drive and there's good authentic food with music. We've got it all right here!
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 10 2022, 10:10 PM) *

Needs more rear wheel negative camber.

More cowbell.
GBX0073
Eric
Can't make it but still want to Support the event for all that can make it....

can you set up a T-shirt goodie bag package for us couch cushion types smile.gif

QUOTE(worn @ Aug 22 2022, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 10 2022, 10:10 PM) *

Needs more rear wheel negative camber.

More cowbell.

RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 8 2022, 10:13 AM) *

Hey Gang,

We had three slots open up over the weekend. I was able to move a few people up and into the event roster.

Register Here:

We're down to the last 6 unpaid reservations. If you're an elite member of that team, please pay now or politely bow out so others can join. Thanks Gang! See you soon smilie_pokal.gif

Pay Here:

can I donate a freebie to cover my entry? idea.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 24 2022, 09:12 AM) *

Hey Gang,

Register Here:

Pay Here:

Booked solid again. All paid and all done. Live band, sound and lights, 2 dinners, 2 lunches, door placards, t-shirts, coffee & donuts for 80+ people, employees to staff and help run the event all cost money which is why the minimal fee (that still didn't cover the expenses). So, a freebie isn't really free at that point.
Eric_Shea
Some schedule changes gang! Some will cheer and I'm certain a few may jeer.

First off... mother nature's squarely in charge and she has different plans for our "Ultimate 914 Group Shot". As previously mentioned in this thread, things have been a little "wet" shall we say. We know a lot of you wanted to see the Salt Flats. That said, due to extremely unusual rain in Wendover, the area of the Flat's that we were headed to is currently under 6" of water. Our friends at "World of Speed" have cancelled their event as well and, it's two weeks "after" our little soiree was schedule for.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Fear not, our massive event planning committee (Larry, Eric, Diane and Ian) huh.gif have come up with an alternate for the day "and" it doesn't require you waking up at "Oh-Dark:30" in the morning! cheer.gif

We'll meet and greet at PMB in the morning where we know a guy that can unlock the doors and show us around the shop. Then it's off to Kindig-It Design where Dave has agreed to feed us lunch and give us a tour of the most "Bitch'n" restoration facility in the world!

After that we got a "World-Class Invite" to the Largest VW Show in Utah! They'll be saving a space just for our group and holding off judging until the parade of 914's arrive. beerchug.gif

Next course change is in the Uinta National Forest run to Provo Falls. We ran into a couple of issues when running our route. Fees, Parking and Time. When we discussed with the Park district, they declined a fee waver for the 50 cars if we planned to stop along our route so, there's another $300 in fees. Not the biggest problem... that would be "Parking"! They have roughly 12 spots at the falls and that leaves 38+ cars to park along side the winding mountain road with rather sharp drops off the pavement. No thank you. Add to that, turning the cars around on a two lane mountain road seemed excessive and dangerous. The icing on that cake is, this would take close to 2 more ours out of our afternoon. The decision was made to head to Browns Canyon after lunch and then straight to Park City's Historic Main Street where we'll have a once in a lifetime 50 car 914 Parade down Main Street (replete with a drone shot of the caravan) before we set you free to wander and spend money on food and t-shirts.

All reservations are in. All members have paid. All shirts are on order. Thanks to everyone for helping to make this an amazing Red Rocks Classic! See you soon!
Eric_Shea
Calling all registrants and attendees... tomorrow is the last day for the group rate at the host hotel. Please use the link below if you've yet to reserve your room(s):

RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2022, 10:18 AM) *

Hey Gang,

Register Here:

Pay Here:

Booked solid again. All paid and all done. Live band, sound and lights, 2 dinners, 2 lunches, door placards, t-shirts, coffee & donuts for 80+ people, employees to staff and help run the event all cost money which is why the minimal fee (that still didn't cover the expenses). So, a freebie isn't really free at that point.

you could have just left it as "booked". it's fine, everything I've tried to do to get there seems to have some miscommunication or something blocking it anyway. these prototypes would have been fun to show up with on my car... oh well. (not that the person who was wanting me to design them answered my question about if it's a paid gig or not. all i got was "can you deliver?". they'd have been done and delivered if I wasn't left feeling like I'm just supposed to design things for other people for free)
jim_hoyland
Countdown to RR 23 Days
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 24 2022, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2022, 10:18 AM) *

Hey Gang,

Register Here:

Pay Here:

you could have just left it as "booked". it's fine, everything I've tried to do to get there seems to have some miscommunication or something blocking it anyway. these prototypes would have been fun to show up with on my car... oh well. (not that the person who was wanting me to design them answered my question about if it's a paid gig or not. all i got was "can you deliver?". they'd have been done and delivered if I wasn't left feeling like I'm just supposed to design things for other people for free)

huh.gif I just wanted you to know why I couldn't trade it for a giveaway item. I thought you may have deserved an explanation. Now if you wanted to be creative with drive flanges…

Regarding your flares. For a retailer the question “Can you deliver?” preempts the price in my book. In the past, you haven’t been know for clarity or “delivery”. Which is why I asked. This thread is neither the time or the place for this conversation. You have my number.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2022, 04:40 PM) *

Some schedule changes gang! Some will cheer and I'm certain a few may jeer.

First off... mother nature's squarely in charge and she has different plans for our "Ultimate 914 Group Shot". As previously mentioned in this thread, things have been a little "wet" shall we say. We know a lot of you wanted to see the Salt Flats. That said, due to extremely unusual rain in Wendover, the area of the Flat's that we were headed to is currently under 6" of water. Our friends at "World of Speed" have cancelled their event as well and, it's two weeks "after" our little soiree was schedule for.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Fear not, our massive event planning committee (Larry, Eric, Diane and Ian) huh.gif have come up with an alternate for the day "and" it doesn't require you waking up at "Oh-Dark:30" in the morning! cheer.gif

We'll meet and greet at PMB in the morning where we know a guy that can unlock the doors and show us around the shop. Then it's off to Kindig-It Design where Dave has agreed to feed us lunch and give us a tour of the most "Bitch'n" restoration facility in the world!

After that we got a "World-Class Invite" to the Largest VW Show in Utah! They'll be saving a space just for our group and holding off judging until the parade of 914's arrive. beerchug.gif

Next course change is in the Uinta National Forest run to Provo Falls. We ran into a couple of issues when running our route. Fees, Parking and Time. When we discussed with the Park district, they declined a fee waver for the 50 cars if we planned to stop along our route so, there's another $300 in fees. Not the biggest problem... that would be "Parking"! They have roughly 12 spots at the falls and that leaves 38+ cars to park along side the winding mountain road with rather sharp drops off the pavement. No thank you. Add to that, turning the cars around on a two lane mountain road seemed excessive and dangerous. The icing on that cake is, this would take close to 2 more ours out of our afternoon. The decision was made to head to Browns Canyon after lunch and then straight to Park City's Historic Main Street where we'll have a once in a lifetime 50 car 914 Parade down Main Street (replete with a drone shot of the caravan) before we set you free to wander and spend money on food and t-shirts.

All reservations are in. All members have paid. All shirts are on order. Thanks to everyone for helping to make this an amazing Red Rocks Classic! See you soon!

Dare I say, East Canyon into Morgan, then on to Echo and around the backside?
Eric_Shea
Yeah! That shouldn't add too much time to the route smilie_pokal.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 25 2022, 09:48 AM) *

How long a drive are we shooting for?

Timpanogos (92) through Sundance then up the 189 to Heber/ then Park City is a fun drive to get there as well.

Even better if you cut back though Midway/Wasatch Mountain State park to Guardsman pass and go top down to deer valley/park city.

Variation on one of my favorite drives around here.

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
I'm driving 7 hours to get there and 7 hours back home. I expect 14 hours of curvy roads chowtime.gif

But seriously, the more the better, but broken up into segments, because there is usually half the group that feels fulfilled early.

I'd be interested in a side trip Sunday to do sight seeing.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 25 2022, 09:56 PM) *

I'm driving 7 hours to get there and 7 hours back home. I expect 14 hours of curvy roads chowtime.gif

We are driving 20 hours to get there. So I expect 40 hours of curvy roads. biggrin.gif

The route looks great..... I am looking forward to this. Hopefully its not as crowded as tail of the dragon. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

mgp4591
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 25 2022, 06:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 25 2022, 09:48 AM) *

How long a drive are we shooting for?

Timpanogos (92) through Sundance then up the 189 to Heber/ then Park City is a fun drive to get there as well.

Even better if you cut back though Midway/Wasatch Mountain State park to Guardsman pass and go top down to deer valley/park city.

Variation on one of my favorite drives around here.

Click to view attachment

That's almost a better route for motorcycles...AF canyon gets really crowded around this time of year, some corners are 5mph if that, and the dirt section before dropping into Midway is rough on suspensions. Going through Sundance this season isn't much fun either. JMHO... East can be fairly quick with lots of great turns. We've got the options for sure!
iankarr
It's gonna be epic. Here's a little taste o' the twisties...just a short section of Pine Canyon Road I shot when Eric and I were running the route. FRESHLY PAVED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPawBAmltWk
JamesM
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 26 2022, 08:22 AM) *

That's almost a better route for motorcycles...AF canyon gets really crowded around this time of year, some corners are 5mph if that, and the dirt section before dropping into Midway is rough on suspensions. Going through Sundance this season isn't much fun either. JMHO... East can be fairly quick with lots of great turns. We've got the options for sure!

Guessing is been a while since you been up Guardsmans? They completely paved it all the way through a few years ago and put up some guard rails on some of the upper sections as well.

The Alpine loop section to Sundance does get tight and twisty (but thats what makes it fun) It can slow down pretty bad if you get stuck behind a mini van or something though.
JamesM
QUOTE(iankarr @ Aug 26 2022, 08:47 AM) *

It's gonna be epic. Here's a little taste o' the twisties...just a short section of Pine Canyon Road I shot when Eric and I were running the route. FRESHLY PAVED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPawBAmltWk

^ that be the road im talking about! smile.gif

Biggest thing you need to worry about is moose around blind corners.

Seriously not kidding

Was coming over from the Big Cottonwood side a couple years ago with my daughter, whip around one of the corners past a pickup pulled off on the side of the road about 1 second before I realized WHY the pickup was pulled off the road.

This big ol moose was just standing in the middle of the road.

threw it in reverse REAL quick and hid behind the pickup until he decided to start trotting down the road and eventually into the brush.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Let's give this a try. Report back please. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.