Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2022 - Sept. 15-18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
StratPlayer
Time for some more pics.. These are from the air cooled fest, dinner Sat. night. I have a lot more pics to post later.Click to view attachment Brazilian PumaClick to view attachment
There were over 400 vehicles at the air cooled fest
StratPlayer
more
StratPlayer
more
sixnotfour
sound system... front to back ..HUge asset.. Good times PMB Gal great Echoer..
jim_hoyland
See the 914s at Kindig;
https://youtu.be/FZWdeLqas2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZWdeLqas2M

NARP74
Great meeting and talking to everyone. A big thank you to all involved. Fantastic event!
worn
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 18 2022, 05:56 PM) *

Great meeting and talking to everyone. A big thank you to all involved. Fantastic event!

My Wyoming car wash was a bit more more than the Utah ones. Had trouble with getting into high gears. Pulled the plastic cup where the shift rod meets transmission and a good cup of water spilled out. Now at Applebee’s where they want me to scam the Fuch inspired QR code to get the menu. Reference to the wheel company summarizes my response to that one. beer3.gif
Thank you so very much for everything and God willing I will get close to home tomorrow
NARP74
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 18 2022, 07:07 PM) *

My Wyoming car wash was a bit more more than the Utah ones. Had trouble with getting into high gears. Pulled the plastic cup where the shift rod meets transmission and a good cup of water spilled out. Now at Applebee’s where they want me to scam the Fuch inspired QR code to get the menu. Reference to the wheel company summarizes my response to that one. beer3.gif
Thank you so very much for everything and God willing I will get close to home tomorrow

Shout out along your travels, I'm sure you can get help most of the way. Good Luck
914-300Hemi
Just got home after 650 mile drive. Michelle and I had a wonderful time making new friends and hanging out with old friends.

Thank you Eric and Diane and team for all the hard work. The event was great.
sixnotfour
Still wondering how @jim_hoyland , ended up with 3 prizes... Great RRC.. beerchug.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 18 2022, 07:07 PM) *

Thanks for the great drive and company on Friday! Hope you have better luck for the rest of your trip...here's to getting closer to home!
mgp4591
Big thanks to Eric, Diane, and the crew at PMB for a great event! Great drive on Friday and Kindig on Saturday made for lots of interesting sights, sounds, and people. Top it off with the giant aircooled show with over 400 cars. All topped off with a fun event at the unique Garage Grill... We were privileged to hold this event in the heart of the beautiful Wasatch Mtns and were happy to share with all of our friends. Thanks to all who traveled here as well with some seriously accrued mileage numbers! And John, get feeling and healing better - we missed you!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 18 2022, 07:38 PM) *

Still wondering how @jim_hoyland , ended up with 3 prizes... Great RRC.. beerchug.gif

Big thanks to sixnotfour for the Med 914 Rubber shirt and big thanks to Stratplayer for the Tangerine firewall bushing. Thank you both ! And a special thanks to Stratplayer for making transportation to and from the SLC airport and hotel.
This entire weekend was fantastic !
Porschef
Jim, you’re gonna love that firewall bushing, they’re great. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Porschef @ Sep 19 2022, 07:20 AM) *

Jim, you’re gonna love that firewall bushing, they’re great. beerchug.gif

I may PM you about an install question.
sixnotfour
Fun Fact; Bob Burtons arm sling is event T-Shirts..
sixnotfour
As Far as I Know ,, Charlie was the only One that was Asked to Leave the Hotel....

Left in cage to go to dinner.....The 3 girls that called him out for whining, Rode the elevator down with us.. WTF?
NARP74
Poor Charlie. He was the life of the party.
sixnotfour
Who Drove their Kids first Car....Well,, Rich D.(914WERKE) & Jeff/Suzie H.(SixnotFour)
Jelly Bean, and Golf Mk4..12 yrs ago ..
StratPlayer
Some more pics, this is at kindig-it-designClick to view attachment Rare vwClick to view attachment
brant
Made it home
sixnotfour
[quote name='brant' date='Sep 19 2022, 03:18 PM' post='3030950']
Made it home, YaY beerchug.gif ,,,, Kindigits tail lights, Left one ,, Bug ??
NARP74
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 19 2022, 03:18 PM) *

Made it home

Glad to hear it. 1314 miles round trip in a crappy rental car for me, but I did arrive home to find all the parts I needed to get the 914 on the road, just a week late, grrrr!
914werke
Whew smile.gif Looong bootyshake.gif drive ... Stayed last night in Boise, then the long leg home today.
I wished I got my car done but thanks to Ian K. I got my 914 drive fix. laugh.gif Much appreciated my friend! pray.gif
After stressin whether or not the Jellybean would survive the trip, the return was pretty uneventful till I had to stop at a rest stop outside of Hermiston.
As I was pulling in I could hear some pretty jankey noises coming from the clutch ... huh.gif Shifting seem fine but it sounded ugly.
Since I was too far from ANY reasonable service facility (or lodging if it came to that) I took care of business sunglasses.gif & threw caution to the wind figuring if it was gonna let go Id at least be somewhat closer to assistance.
rolleyes.gif I guess I needn't have worried ... just pushed it harder & it seem to disappear. aktion035.gif
I want to echo comments already posted BIG PROPS to Eric, his lovely wife & all the PMB team for making this, my 1st RRC, fantastic & promise not to be my last!
But after all ..its the 914 people that make the event every time~ first.gif
brant
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 19 2022, 05:05 PM) *

Whew smile.gif Looong bootyshake.gif drive ... Stayed last night in Boise, then the long leg home today.
I wished I got my car done but thanks to Ian K. I got my 914 drive fix. laugh.gif Much appreciated my friend! pray.gif
After stressin whether or not the Jellybean would survive the trip, the return was pretty uneventful till I had to stop at a rest stop outside of Hermiston.
As I was pulling in I could hear some pretty jankey noises coming from the clutch ... huh.gif Shifting seem fine but it sounded ugly.
Since I was too far from ANY reasonable service facility (or lodging if it came to that) I took care of business sunglasses.gif & threw caution to the wind figuring if it was gonna let go Id at least be somewhat closer to assistance.
rolleyes.gif I guess I needn't have worried ... just pushed it harder & it seem to disappear. aktion035.gif
I want to echo comments already posted BIG PROPS to Eric, his lovely wife & all the PMB team for making this, my 1st RRC, fantastic & promise not to be my last!

That’s great!
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 19 2022, 05:05 PM) *

I'm so glad you made it and Jelly Bean survived the journey!

The T-Shirt Exchange was the highlight!! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

I'm sure y'all know I wouldn't be Jack-Shit without this woman...

Click to view attachment

The After party was a blast. Thanks to all who showed up. RED ROCKS WAS A BLAST!! THANKS TO ALL WHO SHOWED UP!! wub.gif
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
Thanks Clay!

Click to view attachment
Best -4 Winner! Blake Walton

Click to view attachment
The “original”. Our very own Jimmy B.

Click to view attachment
A little GT3RS love from our friend Terry.

Click to view attachment
Red Rocks Classic “International” wink.gif - Todd and Lorrie Martin

Click to view attachment
The Larson kids.

Click to view attachment
The lunch line.

Missed you. See you next year.
brant
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 19 2022, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 19 2022, 03:18 PM) *

Made it home

Glad to hear it. 1314 miles round trip in a crappy rental car for me, but I did arrive home to find all the parts I needed to get the 914 on the road, just a week late, grrrr!

So glad to see you again

We did 1327 miles
29.5 mpg
Door to door
targa72e
Had a great time at Red Rocks. Eric thanks so much for organizing.

I meet so many new people and for me its hard to put together faces, cars and names on 914world. Thought it might be nice to post picture of yourself and your car to put screen name, car and person together.

Here is mine.

Everyone does final case cleaning in the bathtub, right?

Click to view attachment

Made it back home, about 1200 miles round trip. Engine is broken in now!!

Click to view attachment

John Haley

targa72e

Littleton, CO
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 19 2022, 08:55 PM) *

IPB Image
Thanks Clay!

Some good Texas beer.

We left the extras in your cooler for you.

Clay
ClayPerrine
We made it home around 9pm central time last night.

It was a long 2 days of driving home, but the trip was well worth it.

Thanks Eric and company for putting this event together! We know how much work one of these events takes.

worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 20 2022, 04:53 AM) *

We made it home around 9pm central time last night.

It was a long 2 days of driving home, but the trip was well worth it.

Thanks Eric and company for putting this event together! We know how much work one of these events takes.

Me too. Thanks Eric!

Pictures later. I had trouble shifting about the same place in central Nebraska where the oil leak sprouted. Turns out the motor had fallen off the mounts. Yep. And still cruising happily at 85 mph. As the last nut fell backing off the motor began impinging on the shift rod. I pulled off the freeway to try again to figure out what was going wrong, and as I did the gear shift froze solid as the shift rod was holding up the whole engine. I bet if I had walked back up the exit ramp I would have found it.
So, I unpacked the jack I bought from Harbor Freight when the original jack died. Luck was really with me that I bought it. Used the jack to lift the motor back into place. But I didn't bring a 10 mm nut along as a spare. Hmmm. A starter clearly only needs a single nut to function. Swaparoo and I was off to a hardware store about 15 miles off route to buy spare fasteners. Starter nut replaced in the parking lot along with the other mount nut. You have to reach in with a 17 end wrench to hold the bolt. Told myself "remember the end wrench". The wrench fell out 10 feet from the next gas pump. Luck got me home.
Siri on the other hand was hit and miss. S/he didn't know they hadd moved the off ramp a couple hundred yards... blink.gif

You folks surely doth rocke!
NARP74
Wow. What an adventure both ways. No repetition for you, always something new. Way to MacGyver your way home!
worn
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 20 2022, 01:20 PM) *

Wow. What an adventure both ways. No repetition for you, always something new. Way to MacGyver your way home!

I have a bronze bushing at the transmission for the shift rod and a spherical bearing at the fire wall. Total cost $9. But also home made. I tend to worry about the stuff I make because they are by definition prototypes. This was the trip of shifting trouble. It was starting on the way out and culminated with the motor lying on the shift rod. There are about a half dozen nuts of that size that are accessible and I had already lost two.

At RRC I finally caved in and let my phone navigate me. Great for Salt Lake City. Coming home in north eastern Iowa you have to transfer from I80 to highway 151 near Dubuque and it falls into stoplights for a stretch. So, I let Siri drive. Siri apparently cannot see. It took me into a construction zone that happened to be a hundred yards past where the new and improved exit really was. That led me to Dubuque through little towns. In that construction zone I hit something metal. After that I struggled to shift gears. Again. And it was getting pretty dark. The thing had pushed the plastic hat that protects the joint for the shift rod to the tranny. Pushed it in so that the plastic impinged on the joint. WTF.gif made it home though. Car is back in shape and ready to go again.
But as Eric pointed out: Awarded to the person who probably shouldn’t have come…
Elvira
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 16 2022, 05:52 PM) *

Another appointment scheduled for Tuesday.

After more test, scans and scopes, they figured out the problem. I have stones blocking the flow. More surgery scheduled for this weekend to zap 'em with the laser.
Eric_Shea
Good Luck. We all missed you at RRC.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 20 2022, 04:27 PM) *

I have a bronze bushing at the transmission for the shift rod and a spherical bearing at the fire wall. Total cost $9. But also home made. I tend to worry about the stuff I make because they are by definition prototypes. This was the trip of shifting trouble. It was starting on the way out and culminated with the motor lying on the shift rod. There are about a half dozen nuts of that size that are accessible and I had already lost two.

At RRC I finally caved in and let my phone navigate me. Great for Salt Lake City. Coming home in north eastern Iowa you have to transfer from I80 to highway 151 near Dubuque and it falls into stoplights for a stretch. So, I let Siri drive. Siri apparently cannot see. It took me into a construction zone that happened to be a hundred yards past where the new and improved exit really was. That led me to Dubuque through little towns. In that construction zone I hit something metal. After that I struggled to shift gears. Again. And it was getting pretty dark. The thing had pushed the plastic hat that protects the joint for the shift rod to the tranny. Pushed it in so that the plastic impinged on the joint. WTF.gif made it home though. Car is back in shape and ready to go again.
But as Eric pointed out: Awarded to the person who probably shouldn’t have come…

We were hyper glad you came. I just counted the votes and for the record, I said they were wrong. “Stick a 3.2 in a 914 and it will go forever…”. They didn’t say you shouldn’t have come… they said you had huge kahunas for driving all that way.

Hope to see you next year!! ‘‘Twas awesome glad you made it home. smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 19 2022, 09:00 AM) *

Fun Fact; Bob Burtons arm sling is event T-Shirts..

Click to view attachment

We got home to Los Angeles last night. MRI on shoulder on Thursday the 22nd. Wife and dog very happy to see me. Great party with like minded people. My first time to Utah and it is an incredibly beautiful state

By the by the way I ordered an extra shirt a number of weeks ago with no idea I was going to use one as a sling but it worked out somewhat.

Best to everyone

Bob Burton
StratPlayer
I can’t wait to see all the videos that were taken.
mgp4591

You were really serious about earning the Golden Wheelbarrow Award this year! smilie_pokal.gif
worn
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 20 2022, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 16 2022, 05:52 PM) *

Another appointment scheduled for Tuesday.

After more test, scans and scopes, they figured out the problem. I have stones blocking the flow. More surgery scheduled for this weekend to zap 'em with the laser.

I remember a scientific article about steering explosive materials over to the renal stones and setting them off : thus shattering the stone. Glad that did not become the standard. I wish you not only a speedy recovery, but also a more comfortable recovery. Missed you John.
Warren
ClayPerrine
I just tried to go to www.dragonfly-fotog.com to look at event photos. There is nothing there but one picture.

WTF.gif

Any idea when the photographer will post the pictures for ordering?

Clay
914werke
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 21 2022, 01:26 PM) *

You were really serious about earning the Golden Wheelbarrow Award this year! smilie_pokal.gif

& here I thought I was a shoe -in biggrin.gif
914werke
QUOTE(monza282 @ Sep 22 2022, 09:05 AM) *
Jimmy B. I've got great news!!!
WTF.gif
@SirAndy clean up on isle 1
NARP74
I used to drink those when I lived in Cinci, small bottle 8 packs.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 22 2022, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(monza282 @ Sep 22 2022, 09:05 AM) *
Jimmy B. I've got great news!!!
WTF.gif
@SirAndy clean up on isle 1

I just cleaned it up.

Clay
Lucky9146
Have had a problem with my cell phone and could not get any pics off of it till tonight.

Lots to share.

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
For those who have not seen Eric's clean and organized caliper shop. We got "the 25 cent tour" but it was really a buck and a half tour by Eric.

Click to view attachment

Lucky9146
Yes they really start off this bad sometimes, I think those were 356?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.