Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2022 - Sept. 15-18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Eric_Shea
Updated “Saturday” event schedule. Host hotel will be the Fairfield Inn - Midvale, UT. Stand by for details smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Gett'n fancy now!

Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 29 2022, 12:36 PM) *

Gett'n fancy now!

Click to view attachment

I swear if this takes me to lemonparty....
ClayPerrine
OK @eric_shea ... convince us as to why we should go NorthWest to SLC instead of going East-NorthEast to Okteenerfest?

It is a slightly longer drive to get there and back. And it means crossing the Rockies.
And we did that drive to get to Parade one year.

So basically... what's in it for us? biggrin.gif

Clay

Eric_Shea
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 30 2022, 11:07 AM) *

OK @eric_shea ... convince us as to why we should go NorthWest to SLC instead of going East-NorthEast to Okteenerfest?

It is a slightly longer drive to get there and back. And it means crossing the Rockies.

Clay

Betty has to spend less time in the car with you if you go east? confused24.gif

You're not getting me (or Steve) into that one! biggrin.gif

Flip a coin! They're both awesome events!!

We'll be doing a Simulcast event from our party here to the Okteeners at 9:14PM on Thursday though!!

The Rockies are Stunning! The Smokies are Amazing! You can't lose. Spread the love! wub.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 30 2022, 11:07 AM) *

Clay

I think the big question is, which one have you been to the most? Both are really nice drives but the humidity is lower here. Our altitude will also give you a good workout as well. I know Banner Elk had the cool ski area but they don't really compare to the 8000ft base areas that are in our backyard. Will they have a band on Thursday like we will? Will you meet anyone you haven't met before back east? Put a face with your Admin skills! It's a difficult dilemma but you'll figure it out!
poorsche914
@ClayPerrine ... we'll definitely miss you at Okteenerfest but RRC looks like a lot of fun! Tough decision, for sure.

Steve
driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 30 2022, 02:48 PM) *

@ClayPerrine ... we'll definitely miss you at Okteenerfest but RRC looks like a lot of fun! Tough decision, for sure.

Steve
driving.gif

Steve.. be honest...

You will miss @Betty . You tolerate me as part of the package to get her to show up. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Steve, you take @ClayPerrine . We'll take @Betty .

Problem solved. biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2022, 03:29 PM) *

Steve, you take @ClayPerrine . We'll take @Betty .

Problem solved. biggrin.gif
I'd definitely be getting the short end of the stick poke.gif
(sorry, couldn't resist)

driving.gif
iankarr
Bonneville salt flats. Bucket list item…and epic photo op!
Eric_Shea
@iankarr

Epic bucket list. wink.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Even better with no reference points...lost in the salt,, mountain guides only..
mgp4591
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2022, 08:43 PM) *

Even better with no reference points...lost in the salt,, mountain guides only..

So, does that mean a Sunday trip to the Flats??
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 30 2022, 09:39 PM) *

Saturday AM

Red Rocks Classic Website
ConeDodger
Hmmm…
RARE 6
Our visit, circa 2016
burton73
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2022, 09:05 PM) *

Saturday AM

www.redrocksclassic.com

OK, the web site is very nice

Bob B #41

JamesM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2022, 08:05 PM) *

Saturday AM

www.redrocksclassic.com

Fancy!

What am i securing a spot for by registering on the site though?
Front yard mechanic
If I get salt on my rust will it rust
Eric_Shea
Marty and the MSDS Family come through as a premier sponsor of Red Rocks Classic! Your RRC2022 raffle ticket (included with your registration) gets you a front row seat at a chance to win $583.00 worth of awesomeness from MSDS.

These headers are the bomb! All MSDS exhaust products have been hand crafted in the U.S.A. since 1976. Marty is not only the nicest guy on the planet, he's a 914 guy tried and true.

From the "balcony" of Willow Springs Raceway, to the quarter mile drags of your favorite import battle... MSDS High Output Exhaust headers delivers the low E.T.!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Way to Go Marty! And he is one of the nicest guys on the planet!
driving.gif white914.jpg
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 12 2022, 03:43 PM) *

Marty and the MSDS Family come through as a premier sponsor of Red Rocks Classic! Your RRC2022 raffle ticket (included with your registration) gets you a front row seat at a chance to win $583.00 worth of awesomeness from MSDS.

These headers are the bomb! All MSDS exhaust products have been hand crafted in the U.S.A. since 1976. Marty is not only the nicest guy on the planet, he's a 914 guy tried and true.

From the "balcony" of Willow Springs Raceway, to the quarter mile drags of your favorite import battle... MSDS High Output Exhaust headers delivers the low E.T.!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

You guys Rock & I heard that Eric + crew throw some awesome meet-ups ! Our pleasure to provide one of our T4 upgrade products flag.gif @Lucky9146 how did your trip turn out over at "Dismantlers" ¿¿
Marty
Eric_Shea
99 Days Away Gang! You can do it! Get that thing off the jack stands!!

The "Garage Grill" in Herriman, Utah is ready and waiting for our Saturday night banquet!

Learn more and register for the event here:

Click Here Now for the Red Rocks Classic Web Page!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Looking forward to this first.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2022, 05:05 PM) *

I booked a hotel room and registered for the event but did not see a way to pay the $125 registration fee. WTF.gif What am I missing? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 10 2022, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2022, 05:05 PM) *

I booked a hotel room and registered for the event but did not see a way to pay the $125 registration fee. WTF.gif What am I missing? confused24.gif

That's a good question for all.

We'll be wrapping up the payment portal on the site today. The main holdup is the restaurant menus for the lunches and dinners. We want that (along with shirt sizes etc.) to all be incorporated on the same form. We're currently waiting on the manager of the Saturday night banquet to get us their available menu choices. I'll be pushing all week so it should be soon.

burton73
Good to go on the Hotel Fairfield Inn
for Mark S and Bob B

We will sign up on the Red Rocks site.

I have been ready for this for years my Brothers

Best to you all,

Bob B cheer.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif

914werke
Is there a group rate we should reference when booking at the Fairfield?
Eric_Shea
Hi Rich,

There is. If you go to the website...

www.redrocksclassic.com

...you'll see a "Hotel" tab at the top. There's a link there that has the special group rate. Here's a link here as well:

https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations...mp;app=resvlink

If you are booking outside the 9/15-9/17 window, you may want to call and request the rate for those extra days. I know that Jim Hoyland was able to successfully get an extra day added to his reservation.

You can also call Marriott reservations direct. If you prefer to call you must identify yourselves as having a "Group Rate" and specifically state you are with "Red Rocks Classic" at the time of making your reservation.
Eric_Shea
Online Payment is Officially Open

Click Here to Pay

Thanks for the overwhelming response. As of today we have over 70 people registered for the event. We’re capping it at 75 and putting people on a wait list after that.

Please make sure we have your shirt size(s) as the cutoff for the shirts is August 25th.

The above link is for payment. Please use the following links for “Registration” and “Hotel Reservations”:

Click Here to Register for RRC2022

Click Here to Reserve Your Room

(Sorry for all the click, click, clicks. The WIX site builder didn’t make things very easy!)

ClayPerrine
Betty and I just finished registering and reserving a room at the event hotel.

We are looking forward to this!

See y'all there!

Clay
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2022, 06:55 PM) *

Thanks for the overwhelming response. As of today we have over 70 people registered for the event. We’re capping it at 75 and putting people on a wait list after that.

I probably need to build an engine, so....

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 18 2022, 09:46 PM) *

Betty and I just finished registering and reserving a room at the event hotel.

We are looking forward to this!

See y'all there!

Clay

beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
worn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2022, 03:20 PM) *

That is just winter in Wisconsin. We got that much salt on the belt line when it comes towards zero. But no photo op here. Cannot drive in January with collector plates.
jim_hoyland
Booked and paid. Arriving Wednesday at SLC airport. Skywest flight DL 3933, around 1:00pm
Looking forward to see the SALT… smile.gif
hydroliftin
I just signed up. First time for me at the Red Rocks Classic. Booked a room at the event hotel too. Thanks for putting this together Eric. I'll be driving I80 from Vallejo to Elko NV on September 14 and the rest of the way Thursday.
ClayPerrine
Our route...

Click to view attachment

We will be leaving Tuesday afternoon after work. We hope to arrive on Thursday in time to make it to the evening festivities.

Gonna trailer Igor (the 914-6 4.0L car). That way we can switch out driving at every gas stop.

Clay
Eric_Shea
Some lucky winner gets a complete set of Porterfield R4-S street compound pads for their ride.

Big thanks to Wendy and the entire Porterfield team for supporting our habit... errrr... hobby!

Click to view attachment
strawman
Nancy and I are signed up, and we'll be flat-towing one of our two 914s from the CA Central Coast. I need to reserve a hotel room next. Hmmm, which car to bring: fast-n-ugly (my car), or pretty-n-stock (hers)... can't lose either way!

Looking forward to a great time!

Geoff
burton73
Well, I found this on the salt flats!

Not for me to dirty up my fresh car.

Bob B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwHbzoCBEGc

Morrie
My son and I are registered too. We will be flat towing my 76 914 from Austin, Texas. Registered, paid, and room reserved.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Morrie @ Jun 21 2022, 01:18 PM) *

My son and I are registered too. We will be flat towing my 76 914 from Austin, Texas. Registered, paid, and room reserved.

When are you leaving? If we are going at the same time, we can travel together.

Clay
mgp4591
QUOTE(strawman @ Jun 20 2022, 02:51 PM) *

Nancy and I are signed up, and we'll be flat-towing one of our two 914s from the CA Central Coast. I need to reserve a hotel room next. Hmmm, which car to bring: fast-n-ugly (my car), or pretty-n-stock (hers)... can't lose either way!

Looking forward to a great time!

Geoff

It depends...either go fast and look good or cruise in a classic resto and look good. Either way you two look good!
Betty
agree.gif

Or, you could show us pictures of both cars and we can decide which one you should bring? happy11.gif

Who am I kidding...... I'll always just end up saying you two should drive both of them to the event! driving-girl.gif driving.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
Suzie and ME....Last minute. Booked paid and Hotel too..
JamesM
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 19 2022, 03:21 PM) *

Booked and paid. Arriving Wednesday at SLC airport. Skywest flight DL 3933, around 1:00pm

Flying? its not that far of a drive
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 23 2022, 03:02 PM) *

I agree, but……..
sixnotfour
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 23 2022, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 23 2022, 03:02 PM) *

I agree, but……..

beerchug.gif
targa72e
registered and attending from Denver with a Porsche friend. Cars to be determined. Need to build a new engine for my -6 conversion after selling previous motor last month( new motor will be the 4th). Fortunately have plenty of Porsche back ups just not 914's. sad.gif

john
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.