QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2022, 05:55 PM) *

Wait'll ya see your shirt! blink.gif

Is it Pink.?? gayfight.gif

Salmon..
Live Event Uploader
Clean and ready for action

IPB Image

SirAndy
Man, i'd love to drive out and hang out, but the new job is working me hard. There's no way i can swing this right now.
sad.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif Orange GT
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 11 2022, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 11 2022, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2022, 05:55 PM) *

Wait'll ya see your shirt! blink.gif

Is it Pink.?? gayfight.gif

Salmon..

Thank you!
worn
Smoke signals from engine to driver: not on fire, but losing oil pretty quick.

Near Radar O'Reily's home in Iowa, I saw clouds of smoke coming from trhe engine bay. No flames. Long story short, a small machine screw holding engine tin had backed out. The worst part is that the screw normally plugged a hole connected to the cam tower oil gallery. Not sure if this is normal for a six, but the oil certainly oozed out of the hole pretty fast. And then onto the headers, giving a warning sound.

So near Cedar Falls Iowa I pulled into a Kum and Go parking lot. Using the stock jack I managed to lift the car and destroy the jack. Anyone looking to sell a stock jack at RRC I am your guy. Got the right rear wheel off and put my new collapsible jack stands in use. To plug the hole I looked around and removed this
Click to view attachment
This is the donor screw location
worn
To fill this spot. Experts can chime in as to whether this ought to plug an oil passage on the cam tower.
Click to view attachment
worn
Good night from the heartland. Looking for Harbor Freight tomorrow.
Click to view attachment
worn
Getting better and better at spotting natural ramps for elevating the car. A deep swale is great.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 12 2022, 06:49 PM) *

Getting better and better at spotting natural ramps for elevating the car. A deep swale is great.

Good luck at Harbor Freight tomorrow.
sixnotfour
Shouldnt be a leaker ,,,Check the plug above. It does seal to cam oil circuit. Or a rocker shaft shifted..
mxkinn01
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 12 2022, 06:39 PM) *

Near Radar O'Reily's home in Iowa, I saw clouds of smoke coming from trhe engine bay. No flames. Long story short, a small machine screw holding engine tin had backed out. The worst part is that the screw normally plugged a hole connected to the cam tower oil gallery. Not sure if this is normal for a six, but the oil certainly oozed out of the hole pretty fast. And then onto the headers, giving a warning sound.

So near Cedar Falls Iowa I pulled into a Kum and Go parking lot. Using the stock jack I managed to lift the car and destroy the jack. Anyone looking to sell a stock jack at RRC I am your guy. Got the right rear wheel off and put my new collapsible jack stands in use. To plug the hole I looked around and removed this

Warren,
I think I have an extra jack in the garage. Let me take a look. If I do it's yours for free and I'll bring to the RRC.
Mike
Chris914n6
Anyone coming from the Phoenix AZ area happen to have room to carry a ft hood and bumper?

I'll buy ya a beer or three beerchug.gif
worn
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 12 2022, 07:26 PM) *

Warren,
I think I have an extra jack in the garage. Let me take a look. If I do it's yours for free and I'll bring to the RRC.
Mike

That would be grand, but I would insist on something in return. Beer, or whatever. Thanks again.
Warren
worn
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 12 2022, 07:16 PM) *

Shouldnt be a leaker ,,,Check the plug above. It does seal to cam oil circuit. Or a rocker shaft shifted..

Thanks. I thought so too. But from my very awkward angle it looks like a helicoil or time cert. Perhaps drilled a bit too far? I will double check that oil line.
mgp4591
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 12 2022, 08:26 PM) *

Warren,
Mike

I have an extra one as well that I'll never use. It's yours.
mxkinn01
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 12 2022, 10:46 PM) *

Warren,
Mike

Warren,
Looks the only one I can find is out of a later model bug, it will work but not an original. You might want to take up @mgp4591 on his offer as well. Here is a pic, let me know.
Mike
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 13 2022, 06:50 AM) *

Warren,
Mike

Warren,
Looks the only one I can find is out of a later model bug, it will work but not an original. You might want to take up @mgp4591 on his offer as well. Here is a pic, let me know.
Mike

We do have a 914 shop here guys... wink.gif
mxkinn01
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 13 2022, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 13 2022, 06:50 AM) *

Warren,
Mike

Warren,
Mike

We do have a 914 shop here guys... wink.gif

Eric,
I'm trying to get it out of my garage and into his. LOL
But seriously, I do have a handful of parts I'll let go for free and bring them with me if anyone wants/needs them.
(4.5 steel wheels, 1.7 hub caps, older foam steering wheel, a few interior parts, door panel parts)
PM me if you need anything.
Mike
Betty
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2022, 06:04 PM) *

FRIDAY 9/16

8:00 COFFEE AND DONUTS AT PMB PERFORMANCE - DRIVERS MEETING/RALLY BOOK REVIEW

9:14 LEAVE FOR DRIVE - BRIGHTON SKI RESORT/GUARDSMAN PASS, MOUNTAIN ROADS

12:00 LUNCH - THE NOTCH PUB

2:00 DRIVE TO PARK CITY

2:30 PARADE DOWN HISTORIC PARK CITY MAIN STREET

3:00 HISTORIC PARK CITY MAIN STREET FREE TIME - DRIVE TO HOTEL/PARKING LOT SHENANIGANS

AWESOME! Eric officially added "Parking Lot Shenanigans" to the schedule for Friday. NOW it's a real 914 event! aktion035.gif happy11.gif lol-2.gif first.gif
ClayPerrine

3:00 HISTORIC PARK CITY MAIN STREET FREE TIME - DRIVE TO HOTEL/PARKING LOT SHENANIGANS

IPB Image
JamesM
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 13 2022, 08:53 AM) *

IPB Image

Meow that wouldn't be very nice!
mgp4591
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 13 2022, 12:41 PM) *

IPB Image

Clay, it's a tradition similar to others but has been officially tagged as SHENANIGANS...
Your compliance and participation is encouraged...thank you!
Live Event Uploader
Testing the Toad

IPB Image

Elvira
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 13 2022, 02:14 PM) *

Clay,... Your compliance and participation is encouraged...thank you!

It should be easy. Slits has some pretty small shoes to fill. slits.gif
JamesM
Who all is arriving in town early and are there any pre event get togethers going on?
Eric_Shea
Goodie bag day!

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Support Vehicle

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Surplus Cubic Feet. JP

IPB Image

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 13 2022, 01:00 PM) *

Who all is arriving in town early and are there any pre event get togethers going on?

I’m coming Wednesday, should be at Hotel by 5:00pm
sixnotfour
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 12 2022, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 12 2022, 07:16 PM) *

Thanks. I thought so too. But from my very awkward angle it looks like a helicoil or time cert. Perhaps drilled a bit too far? I will double check that oil line.

wow someone was heavy handed...
Live Event Uploader
Old school truck wins over new Toyota for pulling.

IPB Image

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 13 2022, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 13 2022, 12:41 PM) *

IPB Image

Clay, it's a tradition similar to others but has been officially tagged as SHENANIGANS...
Your compliance and participation is encouraged...thank you!

Sorry ..everytime I hear the word *shenanigans " I think of super troopers.

Posted at 80mph on hwy 287 headed towards Amarillo.
jcd914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 13 2022, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 13 2022, 01:00 PM) *

I’m coming Wednesday, should be at Hotel by 5:00pm

I'll be there late tomorrow with 914 in tow.

Jim
Morrie
Hi Guys,

We made it as far as Albuquerque NM tonight. Wednesday it is off to Grand Junction to spend the night with family then we will drive up Thursday morning. I have looked at the Facebook page and the web page for the RRC and don't see much detail there... haven't had time to sift through this thread. Is there a schedule for Thursday other than check in at the hotel? Where is the part that night, and when? I see on the PMB site the "Air Cooled Bash" starts at 6pm at PMB. Is that where everyone is going?

Sorry, tired, long day driving up here from Austin. The toad did good though, no issues even with a nasty rainstorm east of here as we were coming in.

See everyone Thursday afternoon!

Morrie

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(Morrie @ Sep 13 2022, 10:19 PM) *

Hi Guys,

We made it as far as Albuquerque NM tonight. Wednesday it is off to Grand Junction to spend the night with family then we will drive up Thursday morning. I have looked at the Facebook page and the web page for the RRC and don't see much detail there... haven't had time to sift through this thread. Is there a schedule for Thursday other than check in at the hotel? Where is the part that night, and when? I see on the PMB site the "Air Cooled Bash" starts at 6pm at PMB. Is that where everyone is going?

Sorry, tired, long day driving up here from Austin. The toad did good though, no issues even with a nasty rainstorm east of here as we were coming in.

Morrie
Come to the Bash and you'll get all of the details...happy trails!
Click to view attachment

Live Event Uploader
Bedtime Snack. JP

IPB Image

Chris914n6
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 13 2022, 02:38 PM) *

Surplus Cubic Feet. JP

Not if you are a 6' tall passenger poke.gif

@VegasRacer
Kansas 914

Hi Guys,

I have looked at the Facebook page and the web page for the RRC and don't see much detail there... haven't had time to sift through this thread. Is there a schedule for Thursday other than check in at the hotel? Where is the part that night, and when?

Morrie

Details are here:
RRC Details
strawman
Nancy and I are all packed up, and we are wheels up from SLO within 10 minutes. See y’all there tomorrow!
Live Event Uploader
Bee at Gaudin. JP

IPB Image

ClayPerrine

Hi Guys,

Morrie

Click to view attachment

You are ahead of us. We are on I-40 headed towards ABQ...

Clay
Live Event Uploader
Vegas Caravan. JP

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
GO Chiefs. Jp

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Travelin' Man. JP

IPB Image

JamesM
For sale or just on display?

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 14 2022, 08:48 AM) *

Bee at Gaudin. JP

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Baker

IPB Image

ClayPerrine
Leaving ABQ after lunch
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
Just to let you know, we've been washing the nasty stuff off the roads and cleaning up the smoky air for everyone.... you're welcome!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.