Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2022 - Sept. 15-18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Lucky9146
I sent you a text 2 minutes after you posted this. It does not work on my phone, but It just might be me lol-2.gif confused24.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 26 2022, 05:10 PM) *

Let's give this a try. Report back please. beerchug.gif

Nada. My Galaxy S10 didn't recognize it as a code.
JamesM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 26 2022, 04:10 PM) *

Pulls up fine for me.

big cottonwood->brighton->Guardsmans->Midway->Kamas->the notch

1.5ish hour drive
Eric_Shea
Ben from "914-6 Werkshop" has come on board as a Red Rocks 2022 sponsor with a pair of their custom machined oil filter consoles.

These are the kits with the o-ring, filter, and hardware. These fit the 65-73 911 oil tanks and all 914-6's. The cool thing is it uses the newer version OC54 filter which was used on the 74-89 911 oil tanks. These filters have the internal bypass spring which eliminates the gumming up of the mechanical bypass of the older OEM filter consoles!

Great item for those looking to build a -6 conversion (or just wanting to bring theirs up-to-date a bit).
worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 26 2022, 05:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 25 2022, 09:56 PM) *

I'm driving 7 hours to get there and 7 hours back home. I expect 14 hours of curvy roads chowtime.gif

We are driving 20 hours to get there. So I expect 40 hours of curvy roads. biggrin.gif

The route looks great..... I am looking forward to this. Hopefully its not as crowded as tail of the dragon. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

That is about what the iPad says for my trip. What day do you plan to shove off? Not that we can convoy, just curious. Bled brakes today and fixed the horn button.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 31 2022, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 26 2022, 05:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 25 2022, 09:56 PM) *

I'm driving 7 hours to get there and 7 hours back home. I expect 14 hours of curvy roads chowtime.gif

We are driving 20 hours to get there. So I expect 40 hours of curvy roads. biggrin.gif

The route looks great..... I am looking forward to this. Hopefully its not as crowded as tail of the dragon. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

That is about what the iPad says for my trip. What day do you plan to shove off? Not that we can convoy, just curious. Bled brakes today and fixed the horn button.

We are leaving Tuesday after work. We will stop in Amarillo for the night. Wednesday we will make it to Moab and stay the night (Hotels in Moab are outrageously expensive!). We will make it to Salt Lake City around noon on Thursday. That way we can be there for the party Thursday night.

Clay

hydroliftin
Originally I planned to drive my 914 the 475 miles from Vallejo to Elko on 9/14 and then on to the Fairfield Midvale the following day. Plans changed this last weekend when after a 2 1/2 hour drive it broke down on Hwy 101 one mile from the motel I had booked for the night. Long story short; flat bed tow, replaced the fuel filter, able to get to the driving event at Laguna Seca, and limped home the following day. The 914 has been running great for the last 10 years but is hesitating at speed and stumbling on acceleration now. I figured I would start with a tune up and replace plugs and the coil. Now I just don't feel confident in driving over the Sierras and so far from home. So the new plan is to fly into SLC Thursday morning and rent a car at the airport. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and the 914s that are running better than mine
mgp4591
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 26 2022, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 26 2022, 04:10 PM) *

Pulls up fine for me.

big cottonwood->brighton->Guardsmans->Midway->Kamas->the notch

1.5ish hour drive

Pulled up fine for me too...once I tapped my screen and it played nicely.
James, I've been over Guardsman since it's been paved and it's a good road! It's the Loop that I was dumping on because of the touristas clogging up the tight twisties up top. No speed, no fun. I'm looking forward to these roads!
ClayPerrine
Anyone to RRC, if you need parts, post them here or PM me. If I have it, I can bring it along. We are trailering and we have the room.

Clay
worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 1 2022, 12:22 PM) *

Anyone to RRC, if you need parts, post them here or PM me. If I have it, I can bring it along. We are trailering and we have the room.

Clay

Having driven behind you, I am figuring an extra day. Maybe head out on Monday. Fixing the air dam and fog light housing today. I am my own worst enemy and had bruised both. A few more things to work on, and hope that I don’t have to buy a pickup truck to tow a trailer home. My wife has always liked driving big rigs of all sorts.
JamesM
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 1 2022, 10:35 AM) *

Pulled up fine for me too...once I tapped my screen and it played nicely.
James, I've been over Guardsman since it's been paved and it's a good road! It's the Loop that I was dumping on because of the touristas clogging up the tight twisties up top. No speed, no fun. I'm looking forward to these roads!

I feel like that is just about every mountain road adjacent to the Salt Lake/Provo valleys these days, at least on the weekends. I used to fly up big Cottonwood near flat out ~15 years ago, now its almost always a parade of cars going 35 mph. Think i have just lost the expectation of hitting significant speed on any of those roads Sat-Sun.
jcd914
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Sep 1 2022, 07:28 AM) *

Originally I planned to drive my 914 the 475 miles from Vallejo to Elko on 9/14 and then on to the Fairfield Midvale the following day. Plans changed this last weekend when after a 2 1/2 hour drive it broke down on Hwy 101 one mile from the motel I had booked for the night. Long story short; flat bed tow, replaced the fuel filter, able to get to the driving event at Laguna Seca, and limped home the following day. The 914 has been running great for the last 10 years but is hesitating at speed and stumbling on acceleration now. I figured I would start with a tune up and replace plugs and the coil. Now I just don't feel confident in driving over the Sierras and so far from home. So the new plan is to fly into SLC Thursday morning and rent a car at the airport. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and the 914s that are running better than mine

I was originally planning to drive my 914 from Sacramento since my wife is flying in,
I have only had it on the road a year now and decided it was too far from home to risk.
So I will be flat towing mine from Sacramento, have not figured out stops yet.

Oh and I guess I better finish the brakes on the 914.

Jim
targa72e
Driving from Denver. Can make part of the drive a work trip as I am frequently in Grand Junction for work. Heading west on Tuesday, 2 hours stop for lunch another two hour to Grand Junction. Heading out Thursday with similar plan., So two hour stints with breaks should get us there. Going with Porsche friend that also works for the same company. Driving my 49 year old car, with my back up for parts/Repair if broke down, friend in 45 year old car biggrin.gif , unless he chickens out and takes new, relatively (2001) Porsche.

john
ClayPerrine
Ten years ago, in 2012, Porsche Parade was in Salt Lake City. That year we drove Betty's 914 all the way from Fort Worth to Salt Lake City, 1.5 times.

We got to Dumas, Texas (8 hours down the road), and the bottom end on the engine starting knocking. So we loaded it up on a U-Haul trailer and took it home. I slept while she drove. When we got home, we unloaded the car, and I went to work while she slept.

I returned the rental truck and trailer alone, and dropped the motor. I replaced it with a tired 2.0 we had in the garage. I started it up, and pronounced it good. We left for Salt Lake again. We never even unpacked the car.

Leaving Grand Junction Colorado, the oil cooler started to leak. Not the seals, the actual cooler. We poured 8 quarts of oil into the motor between Grand Junction and Salt Lake City.

We took a taxi to the Parade hotel and registered. Then a trip to the local VW shop where I bought an oil cooler. Then I proceeded to change the oil cooler in the parking lot of the hotel where we were staying. Yes, you can do it with the engine in the car.

We missed tech for the AX, but we pulled a small string, and they let us tech at the AX the next day.

I won my AX class that year. driving.gif

We also went out driving in the mountains around SLC, and had a grand time.

The tired old motor started getting weaker on the way home, but it made it. I rebuilt the original engine and it is sitting on an engine stand waiting to go back in the car.

So all y'all worried about driving your 914 from places like Sacramento or Denver, well, y'all need to stop worrying and just drive! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
JamesM
2 bees, or not 2 bees? That is the question.

Been pulling some late nights trying to get this this buttoned up enough to make the trip down to PMB.

I make no promises, but would be cool to have 2 Bumblebees together for the party.

Getting close but dealing with lots of frustrating little fiddily stromberg.gif thats taking longer than i would like.

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Finally updated phone to UI4.0 & android 12. Got it to read but it took a while to find the right angle. Downloaded map.

But I'll be an hour late to lunch due to the time change lol-2.gif

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 26 2022, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 26 2022, 05:10 PM) *

Nada. My Galaxy S10 didn't recognize it as a code.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 7 2022, 12:38 AM) *

I'll be an hour late to lunch due to the time change lol-2.gif

Wait! What? There is a lunch gathering somewhere? We will be there in time for lunch.

Clay

StratPlayer
This is going to be one great rally. Eric has gone all out on this. Everyone will have a great time and get to see some great cars. Looking forward to seeing and meeting lots on new people, going to be a great time.
jim_hoyland
No need for jackets:

“Salt Lake City’s heat wave breaks all-time record for September Just 107…_”
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 7 2022, 03:40 PM) *

No need for jackets:

Looking for a cooler trip out than earlier this summer. Toying with leaving on Monday. I have about 20 hours each way, and I am even older than the car is. So it can be readily done in three days, but four days gives me a cushion. That said, it looks like rain on Monday. But, I would be driving west through the rain. Donna has been stocking items that I usually forget.
worn
Well I tried to get the wing window to actually seal against the car to avoid intermittent showers. Then the window fell off the plastic button, being a ‘72. So that was a little extra work. Crossing off things to be done to the car along with things to pack. Pretty sure I will be starting off on Monday. I still am a bit confused: I know why you would rage against a soulless machine. But the Supremes? They got a whole lotta soul. Can hardly wait to find out. Looks like at the beginning I have to drive through the rain.
Warren
jim_hoyland
Countdown: 7 days
mgp4591
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 7 2022, 04:40 PM) *

No need for jackets:

Yesterday was another record...106. Today the high is 82. I think we're out of our bubble but not quite ready for fall colors in the valley. Which is why we're heading to the mountains where things could be coloring up nicely!
hydroliftin
Well I got the plugs and coil changed and my teener is much happier now. I keep forgetting however that I'm not as young as I once was and 8 hour drives across the desert in record heat just don't agree with my delicate constitution anymore. Two weeks ago the teener left me by the side of the road on a drive to Monterey and I decided at that time to fly into SLC and rent a car. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone even though I won't have my 914.
worn
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Sep 9 2022, 04:27 PM) *

Well I got the plugs and coil changed and my teener is much happier now. I keep forgetting however that I'm not as young as I once was and 8 hour drives across the desert in record heat just don't agree with my delicate constitution anymore. Two weeks ago the teener left me by the side of the road on a drive to Monterey and I decided at that time to fly into SLC and rent a car. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone even though I won't have my 914.

May not have the car, but I hope you have the comfort. Sounds like a reasonable trade.
mxkinn01
My plus one will not be making it, so there is an open spot if anyone wants or needs it (already payed for).
Please check with *Eric_Shea* first to make sure its okay to take the spot.

Thanks
Mike
JRust
Wish I could be there. Although even if I could my car wouldn't make it. Motor blew at WCR this year. I will be in Key West this year for work & a little play. Just happened to be the same weekend. Otherwise I would be at Red Rocks 914 or not. Have fun everyone
sixnotfour
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 9 2022, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 7 2022, 04:40 PM) *

No need for jackets:

Yesterday was another record...106. Today the high is 82. I think we're out of our bubble but not quite ready for fall colors in the valley. Which is why we're heading to the mountains where things could be coloring up nicely!

Its Smoking here on the west side ..and east side.. some rain showers early next week , should clear up the smoke ..
914werke
Ash is falling here in the PNW~ No escape.... ARMAGEDDON!!
914werke
sad.gif
Its decision time. Try as I might Ive been unable to finish bringing my car back from its extended slumber.
Just to many balls in the air & Im afraid that pushing the envelope may land me on the side of the road increasing the stress & pressure instead of
enjoying the trip & decompressing. huh.gif
I guess there is alway driving the hoopty confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 10 2022, 10:19 AM) *

Im afraid that pushing the envelope may land me on the side of the road increasing the stress & pressure instead of enjoying the trip & decompressing.

Odd as it seems, that bit is part of the fun/adventure for me.

~24 years of 914 ownership, more cross state adventures then I can count anymore (some for leisure, some not) and while I have had my trials at the side of the road, 914s have always gotten me to my destination in the end.

I find the relaxing part for me comes when I get home, knowing i made it. biggrin.gif

After all, life is the journey, not the destination.

Totally get it if the car isnt ready though, slap a Porsche sticker on the hooptie, grab a rental, whatever. hope you are able to make it!
mgp4591
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 10 2022, 12:19 PM) *

sad.gif
Its decision time. Try as I might Ive been unable to finish bringing my car back from its extended slumber.
Just to many balls in the air & Im afraid that pushing the envelope may land me on the side of the road increasing the stress & pressure instead of
Click to view attachment

You wanna ask me how many events I've driven my hooptie to? ALL of them except 3...including this one and I live here! How embarrassing....load up and git yer ass down here!
MoveQik
We can't wait!! Kathy and I will arrive late Friday afternoon. We are in a rental so if there are a couple of open seats on Saturday, We'll jump in. Winner gets Kathy, loser gets me :-). Otherwise, we'll be the caboose in the rental!
shredtherad
Last minute and I have to pull out of the event, anyone that needs a ticket to the event? Hit me up. I won’t bore you all with the details.

Chad
sixnotfour
Driving my sons first car, bad foot and rambunctious new to us Dog ,6 months... need some space ..and AC.
Eric_Shea
Chris Foley and Tangerine Racing step up to the Sponsorship Table with a bunch of their awesome 914 specialty items. A big THANKS goes out to Chris for supporting our event and keeping the 914 alive and kick’n.

Click to view attachment

Some lucky winner will get a horizontal clutch pulley adapter. These are great for ground clearance and extra help clearing headers!

Click to view attachment

So simple. So effective. You won’t believe the difference this master cylinder brace makes. Worth the welding. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Your stock firewall bushing sucks… right outta the box! We install these on every build. This and a Tangerine Racing lower linkage kit = shifting Nirvana.
Eric_Shea
Our friends at EMPI come through with THREE, yup three, $500.00 gift certificates for the event. EMPI has a “ton” of stuff for our cars (I’ve always loved their wheels) and their new President is a dyed in the wool 914-6 “owner” and fan.

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image
brant
I recognize that one
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Gint
The image uploader is LIVE! Dumps emailed pictures right into this thread. email pictures to : rrc@914world.com

Thread highlight has also been changed to the RRC Delicate Arch image.

QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 11 2022, 11:54 AM) *
It appears the function to add text to the image is not working this year. Testing continues...

Aha... It does work. Add any desired text to the subject line of the email. Any text put in the body of the email will be ignored.
beerchug.gif

Eric: I added a line to the first post in this thread with details of the image uploader, directly above the guest list.
Live Event Uploader
Previous year RRC pic.

IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
Alpha. Beta. Gamma. JP

IPB Image

mgp4591
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 10 2022, 11:45 PM) *

We can't wait!! Kathy and I will arrive late Friday afternoon. We are in a rental so if there are a couple of open seats on Saturday, We'll jump in. Winner gets Kathy, loser gets me :-). Otherwise, we'll be the caboose in the rental!

I thought you had a running car? You could probably stuff someone else in the back seat of the 964, right?? happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 11 2022, 01:38 PM) *

Alpha. Beta. Gamma. JP

IPB Image

Wait'll ya see your shirt! blink.gif
Eric_Shea
The Schedule is on the homepage of the website (www.redrocksclassic.com) but, I had enough people ask that I thought I'd throw it up here as well:

THURSDAY 9/15

3:00 HOST HOTEL CHECK IN - FAIRFIELD INN MIDVALE

6:00 REGISTRATION AT PMB PERFORMANCE - "AIRCOOLED BASH" WITH LIVE BAND RAGE AGAINST THE SUPREMES

7:14 SIMULCAST EVENT - WITH OUR OKTEENERFEST FRIENDS

10:00 WIND DOWN / BACK TO HOTEL

FRIDAY 9/16

8:00 COFFEE AND DONUTS AT PMB PERFORMANCE - DRIVERS MEETING/RALLY BOOK REVIEW

9:14 LEAVE FOR DRIVE - BRIGHTON SKI RESORT/GUARDSMAN PASS, MOUNTAIN ROADS

12:00 LUNCH - THE NOTCH PUB

2:00 DRIVE TO PARK CITY

2:30 PARADE DOWN HISTORIC PARK CITY MAIN STREET

3:00 HISTORIC PARK CITY MAIN STREET FREE TIME - DRIVE TO HOTEL/PARKING LOT SHENANIGANS

SATURDAY 9/17

9:00 MEET AT FAIRFIELD TO CARAVAN TO KINDIG-IT DESIGN

9:30 KINDIG-IT DESIGN SHOP TOUR COFFEE & DONUTS

11:30 DRIVE TO UTAH VW CLASSIC, RIVERTON, UT

11:45 914 PARADE & SHOW AT UTAH VW CLASSIC RIVERTON, UT

6:00 DINNER & AWARDS BANQUET – GARAGE GRILL, HERRIMAN

EMERGENCY NUMBERS:

If you are in need of assistance, please reach out letting us know your car number, your location, and the nature of your problem. PMB Performance will have support vehicles on both sides of the mountain.

RED ROCKS CLASSIC TEXT LINE: 801-304-3141
PMB PERFORMANCE TOLL FREE: 855-786-7101
PanelBilly
Does the Thursday night party include food or should we have dinner before we arrive? I can live on beer alone, but Julie demands the solid stuff
Eric_Shea
Bring your appetite. Brats, Chips, Dogs and Suds smilie_pokal.gif

(if she wants fancy stuff, McDonalds is just up the road). Seriously, all kinds of other food is right by the hotel of the grilled brats are not your thing.
Chris914n6
No drive on Saturday?

confused24.gif

With a high of 80f we can do an afternoon run poke.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 10 2022, 11:19 AM) *

sad.gif

Not all 914s look alike biggrin.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.